Thread: Children, Meet Your Potential New Parents

HOSS MOD

Status

Children, Meet Your Potential New Parents

Sup, kids? Sorry Papa Cyrus has been quiet lately. It's been a hard road to get to this point, mostly because I wanted to make sure that if we did hand the reins of this horse off to a new guy that I wouldn't have to go through this shit 6 months later.

Anyways, after a lot of soul-searching and based on the people who showed interest in this gig, plus some heart-to-hearts with the potential newbies, I've gone and decided to give a pair of guys a chance to take the CWA ball and run with it.

Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you Smarkslayer and Comeback Kid.

Both guys have credentials in e-fed running in the past, have some history with CWA, and have agreed to work together so that one man doesn't have the entire weight of the world on their shoulders. Now, I've asked them to get in communication with each other to put together a game plan for the next few months of shows and stuff and, if I'm impressed and nobody has any objections, I'm prepared to give them the keys to the writer's room.

This thread's mostly to allow Smark and Comeback a chance to speak to you all directly and for you to shout-out with your thoughts. While the final decision is mine and Jimmy's, we do want there to be transparency as we prepare for a brand new chapter in CWA's history.

Thank you all for being so remarkably patient thought this whole process. Again, I apologize for the silence as of late, and hope y'all will understand the situation. Anyways, here's your chance to speak and be heard, and for Smark and Comeback to outline their plan to make CWA great again...

...minus the tiny hands, the orange-peel skin, and the blatant and willful unwillingness to simply say Nazis suck, of course .

Young Gunz

Status
      Country                    United States

Re: Children, Meet Your Potential New Parents

Hey everyone,

First of all, I want to thank Cyrus and Jimmy for considering me for the position. Like it was mentioned, I have run e-feds in the past and have had success with big and small rosters so I'm excited to see what me and Slayer will be able to offer for CWA.

I know that transition can be a weird thing, especially when it comes to something like this so I'm officially opening the floor to any questions that any of you may have for me. I also would love to know some of the things that you all would like to see done here in CWA.

The Flow

Status
      Country                    Canada

Congrats guys! Brando you'll do good!

The only time WWE came close to a good story line post Attitude Era was Undertaker/Mordecai - Dakstang

The Mayor of Slamtown

Status

Just wanted to say that I wish the absolute best for everyone involved with the CWA. I have faith in you guys!

Banned Helping A Friend

Status
      Country                    Norway

Congrats guys. I'm always here to help if you gents need it. Just hit me up if y'all shorthanded!

Friendship King

Status
      Country                    Australia

As someone who was part of a fed that Comeback Kid helped run a long time ago, I think it's safe to say CWA is in good hands. I'm sure he and SmarkSlayer will do a fine job of putting the pieces back together.

CWA: A Decade of Decadence
    Maybe the end of something great.
    Maybe the start of something new.
    Stay tuned.

I'm a Stone Cold Lee Guy.

Status
      Country                    Ireland

Good luck gentlemen
    The most amazing thing about this recent conversation is that I've learned AON is even more of a waste of space than I thought he was previously

Huggin' and Kissin'

Status

My only concern - no offense Smarkslayer - is how up to date Slayer would be on current CWA stories/plans. I'm sure he's gonna do fine tho. Best of luck - will ROTR be going ahead as planned?

WC Hall Of Famer

Status

Good luck...you're gonna need it.

In all seriousness, congrats to you two and good luck. If you ever need any help I'm here for you.

Rest in power, Flock U

Team Cyrus T is Best for Business

Quote Originally Posted by Ed
    Stop the hating of the E-Feds. If you don't like something, that's fine, just ignore it and let the people who do enjoy what they're here on WC to do. Mocking them to make you feel less of a geek for being on a geek on a wrestling forum is lame. If you want to not read their posts, I can fix that for you.

I'm a Stone Cold Lee Guy.

Status

My concerns are purely selfish. Part of the reason I found Lilith such a fun character to write was because Jon fully embraced the outlandish side of the whole "Supernatural lady leading a cult" thing. That's why I was like "Fuck..." when Jon left.We both were totally on the same wave length with our Characters > Wrestlers ideology and it worked amazing we would talk every week batting ideas. , Like the last show with the brain dead followers who attacked anyone who resisted? All him. He made her look like The Undertaker with lady parts And it was fucking awesome. My concern now is -And this isn't anything against either of you guys- You might have a totally different approach,Maybe a lot more grounded in reality Wrestler> Character approach which would conflict with the world champ

Not necessarily a big deal but it is a concern.
    Last edited by An Original Name; 11-20-2017 at 01:10 PM.
    The most amazing thing about this recent conversation is that I've learned AON is even more of a waste of space than I thought he was previously

Young Gunz

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Tig View Post
    My only concern - no offense Smarkslayer - is how up to date Slayer would be on current CWA stories/plans. I'm sure he's gonna do fine tho. Best of luck - will ROTR be going ahead as planned?
    Any information that Slayer will need to be up to date on as far as current CWA stories/plans will be easy for him to get ahold of so I wouldn't worry about that. We are currently working together to figure out how we want to proceed with current storylines and plans for CWA going forward.

As far as the Ruler of the Ring tournament goes, I would like to see it go ahead as planned but that's something that will be discussed between both of us and we will have a final decision on it when we get evertything sorrted out.

Quote Originally Posted by An Original Name View Post
    My concerns are purely selfish. Part of the reason I found Lilith such a fun character to write was because Jon fully embraced the outlandish side of the whole "Supernatural lady leading a cult" thing. That's why I was like "Fuck..." when Jon left.We both were totally on the same wave length with our Characters > Wrestlers ideology and it worked amazing we would talk every week batting ideas. , Like the last show with the brain dead followers who attacked anyone who resisted? All him. He made her look like The Undertaker with lady parts And it was fucking awesome. My concern now is -And this isn't anything against either of you guys- You might have a totally different approach, Maybe a lot more grounded in reality Wrestler> Character approach which would conflict with the world champ
    While I personally cannot speak for Slayer, I will say that I don't see why the Lillith character wouldn't work since the fed is under new management. Professional wrestling has always had some supernatural characters that have been in the main event scene of some sort. As long as your roleplays are good and have relevance to professional wrestling in it alongside your supernatural stuff, I don't see why it wouldn't work. Plus, I personally like Lillith and believe the character has potential to be portrayed as an uber heel or a supernatural face. If you'd like to speak in private about the direction of your character, feel free to shoot me a PM but I'd recommend you wait to make any judgment on how we'll book and portray her until after our first show.

The Flow

Status
      Country                    Canada

I've been in feds run by Smarkslayer and he's very good at embracing the passion people have for their character work. AON I don't think you'll have anything to worry about.

The only time WWE came close to a good story line post Attitude Era was Undertaker/Mordecai - Dakstang

Striving for a B+ in life

Status

This isn't a concern as much as a #ShotsFired moment. You've said before that you, CK, strongly dislike XYZ and the type of character he portrays. However, I am here to wish you luck in the CWA and let you know that any help you need with match writing or guidance (I ran an efed for five years so I can at least offer an opinion), I am here to help you and Smarkslayer. And your dislike for my character is OK because I'm just going to win in spite of that.

Once again, good luck and let's get to work!

"The Golden One" Devin Golden

3x FWA World Heavyweight Champion
    2x FWA X Champion
    4x FWA Tag Team Champion
    Final record: 94-58-10

Shannon O'Neal
    2x FWA Women's Champion
    1x FWA World Champion

The Franchise is Back!!!

Status

I just want more interactive things to hold us over between shows. Power rankings, 30 for 30s. Backstage news. Sit down interviews. Something to get people feeling like its a living breathing world. Also if you guys can talk to us about how we want our character to be portrayed and what we need to do to impress. Those are just some comments.

The Franchise is Back!!!

Status

Sorry for the double post

Hail To The King

Status

Well cool look foward to what is next

Spoiler:

CWA World Heavyweight Champion
    Brayden Bridges

On Vacation

Status

Hey yo,

It's your friendly Smarkslayer here to address the troops. First thing is I'd like to reiterate Kid and thank Cyrus Truth, Jimmy King, RainShaker, CocksyMitch and Comeback Kid and anyone else that put their trust in me. I've worked with Jimmy King and CocksyMitch on feds in the past and I'm well versed to adapting to meet the needs of the fed. If any of you have any questions for me you can post that here in the open or you can send me a PM. That doesn't just count for this introduction period, that goes for anytime down the road. You want to talk direction, characters, an angle, anything you can get in touch with me.

I hate to say this will be a new era, but it certainly will be a new CWA and I'd love to hear from you guys as we go about this growing pain of trying to get CWA back on track. As much input as we can get from you guys the quicker we can get through this, so any comments, suggestions or questions send them our way. Thanks for reading and I'll be getting to work ASAP.

Quote Originally Posted by CocksyMitch View Post
    Congrats guys! Brando you'll do good!
    Thanks! I appreciate the good words for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Tig View Post
    I'll be honest, I'm not super up-to-date, but I do plan to read anything that is needed to catch up on the angles happening at the moment. I'm personally a fan of tournaments, so I see no reason to shelf it, but I'll get with kid to make that decision and we'll let you guys know.

Quote Originally Posted by An Original Name View Post
    My concerns are purely selfish. Part of the reason I found Lilith such a fun character to write was because Jon fully embraced the outlandish side of the whole "Supernatural lady leading a cult" thing. That's why I was like "Fuck..." when Jon left.We both were totally on the same wave length with our Characters > Wrestlers ideology and it worked amazing we would talk every week batting ideas. , Like the last show with the brain dead followers who attacked anyone who resisted? All him. He made her look like The Undertaker with lady parts And it was fucking awesome. My concern now is -And this isn't anything against either of you guys- You might have a totally different approach,Maybe a lot more grounded in reality Wrestler> Character approach which would conflict with the world champ

Not necessarily a big deal but it is a concern.
    I was a fan of '90s WWF Undertaker and I was one of the few who thought Dungeon of Doom was a hoot in WCW, so I'm not a prude when it comes to stretching kayfabe gimmicks. Start up a PM chain with me and we can certainly chat about where your character has been and where you see it going and we can brainstorm.

Quote Originally Posted by CocksyMitch View Post
    I've been in feds run by Smarkslayer and he's very good at embracing the passion people have for their character work. AON I don't think you'll have anything to worry about.
    There you are putting in the good word for me, I appreciate it. If you're passionate about your character you'll go far with me.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Franchise View Post
    I just want more interactive things to hold us over between shows. Power rankings, 30 for 30s. Backstage news. Sit down interviews. Something to get people feeling like its a living breathing world. Also if you guys can talk to us about how we want our character to be portrayed and what we need to do to impress. Those are just some comments.
    As I mentioned before you can get with me anytime you need to address your character. The more input from handlers the better. I'd also say you can get with anytime you want to discuss what I got from your work if you want to know what impresses, but I'm sure what you all bring to the table will impress. As for between card extras I'm more than willing to hear out suggestions. Whether or not we can implement them would depend entirely on whether or not it would hinder results from being posted on time.
    Last edited by Sicario; 11-21-2017 at 02:50 AM.

Young Gunz

Status

Quote Originally Posted by The Golden One View Post
    This isn't a concern as much as a #ShotsFired moment. You've said before that you, CK, strongly dislike XYZ and the type of character he portrays. However, I am here to wish you luck in the CWA and let you know that any help you need with match writing or guidance (I ran an efed for five years so I can at least offer an opinion), I am here to help you and Smarkslayer. And your dislike for my character is OK because I'm just going to win in spite of that.

Once again, good luck and let's get to work!

Oh, man.. now I know how those politicians feel when one of their previous quotes come back to haunt them lol. While I'm personally not a HUGE fan of XYZ, I can't deny that you write him very well. You won't have to worry about anything as long as you keep writing the way you do for your character.

On Vacation

Status

I want to say that I take personal opinions of gimmicks and concepts and push them aside if the handler puts in the work. I'll be perfectly frank that I'm NOT a HUGE fan of intergender matches, but that won't effect Lilith or Luna Cross while we're currently doing them for example.

Thread Information