Thread: The Dusty Classic

Tranquilo, Cabron

Status

The Dusty Classic

So, with the next couple of months likely to be taken up with the tournament brackets for the Dusty Classic and the tapings that will see the line-up announced still ahead of us I thought I'd start a little speculation thread as to who we think or who we would like to see matching up in the tournament. Obviously this is just an assumption as I've not actually seen any news of the tournament happening this year at all yet, but I enjoy it and I'm hoping we do get it.

Here's the eleven teams I've come up with so far in my thoughts (out of sixteen that will be competing) over the last few months as I've watched NXT TV.

1. The Authors of Pain - They are last years winners and have, thus far, not been called up to the main roster. Assuming they're staying in place for the next few months it only makes sense that they're going to want to try and repeat last years success and become the first ever two time Dusty Rhodes Tag Team Classic winners. Given that their previous win directly led to them winning the tag team titles and they are now without those belts, it's only more motivation for them.

2. SAnitY - When I first noted them down as possible competitors, I was assuming that it would be Wolfe and Dain in there. So much has change in such a relatively short amount of time. Young and Wolfe are tag champions and there's been talk about the possibility of the Freebird rule being in effect for them as a group as well (if I'm remembering correctly anyway, I could've just made that up in my head because of New Day) but I would expect that if the team is in the tournament that it's Young and Wolfe doing the matches.

3. Street Profits - Because these guys are too much fun not to include and this could be the making of them, even if they don't win.

4. reDRagon - Surely, right? Again, I noted these guys down as potentially involved weeks before Undisputed became a thing but that only serves to strengthen their position and heighten the chances of them going far in this competion.

5. TM-61 - I'm sure I read they're healthy and working live events again. If that's the case it seems like the perfect time to have them make their return.

6. Danny Burch & Oney Lorcan - I've been saying for months that these guys would be teaming up for the Classic and they've already been working together as a team on TV so it seems likely that they've got plans to enter into the tournament and they should be able to give us some good matches assuming they have more success than they did in their debut match against...

7. Tino Sabbatelli & Riddick Moss - They've been getting pushed lately, with plenty of TV time and builds into their matches. I didn't think much of them being involved originally but it seems like they've been impressing the right people and could be setting up for something of a tear through the division.

8. Heavy Machinery - Steaks and weights baby! Steaks and weights. I have a lot of fun watching these dudes work and while I reckon they're just gonna be making up the numbers this year, they should be a fun addition.

9. ...so, I came up with this idea back at Brooklyn III and a couple of people approved but given recent events I'm doubting it'll be a thing. I would still love to see it though and really think they'd gel well as a team and that Vega would be a great motivating force behind both of them. Could even lead to a faction down the line, but yeah, I'd love to see the team of - Andrade Almas & Hideo Itami.

10. Moustache Mountain - Because why the fuck not!? They've teamed on NXT TV a couple of times already an they're over with the crowd. The British guys need and deserve more attention on them and having Bate and Seven in the tournament is one way to do that.

11. Aleister Black & The Velveteen Dream - I think I may have mentioned the possibility of these two teaming back when they first had a face-off on NXT TV, and I know there are others here that like the idea, especially after their match at TakeOver: War Games. It would be a fun little team of opposites to provide an extension to their program together, either for the mutual respect thing or the eventual explosion and furthering of the feud, but simply put... more interactions between these two is only a good thing from my perspective.

What do you guys think? Anyone I'm missing? Will we get a few main roster teams to make up the numbers? Any chance of seeing a couple of big indy names pop up to play for a round or two as WWE tries to woo them to sign on the dotted line? Could we see Blake and Murphy reform for the thousandth time? Will the Ealy Brothers ever win a match?

Sweet Meat

Status

Re: The Dusty Classic

Blake teams with Steve Cutler now

Spoiler:

I solemnly swear I am up to no good

Quote Originally Posted by Steve
    I stopped reading when it became clear it was the same butthurt smarkf*g "real wrasslin'" crybaby rant on every youtube vid featuring Cena.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff Bagwell on John Cena
    But I think he's bigger than Buff Bagwell. I really do.
    [02:00 AM] Dakstang : girls ain't dudes

Rusev Day Smod

Status
      Country                    England

I don't see Almas and Itami teaming especially now Almas is the NXT Champion.

Rest of them I completely agree with though. Hope they do one this year and the winner actually gets a title shot or something rather than just the 'prestige' of winning it.
    BTB Achievements
    WWE: The New Vision

Spoiler:

Sky Blue Hyper Technican

Status
      Country                    Great Britain

Why not use this to establish TM-61 as a main player in the tag division if they decide to do this again?
    Spoiler:

GET THESE HANDS

Status

There's also those twins that were in last year, Ealy brothers or something like that.

Lars and Lio Rush please.

I think it would be cool if it's treated in the same vein as the CWC and MYC and they brought in a couple outside tag teams like CCK from Progress or the Coffey brothers from ICW just to get a bit more publicity in case they're going on the network in 2018.

Mankind's Boiler Room

Status

Black and dream to finals black turns on him

Scumbag Role Model

Status
      Country                    United States

Am I the only one who thinks the Dusty Classic might not return until maybe late next year?

I feel like with bringing back War Games and bringing up Dusty’s legacy with the match gimmick a great deal, they probably don’t want to but even more focus on honoring Dusty until (no pun intended) the dust settles a bit.
    -------
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiZ-R View Post
    What the fuck is happening to you guys? I once got a blowjob where she used her teeth a little bit too much and I ended up with a bloody dick, I still enjoyed the blowjob up to the point I started bleeding. I can honestly say that I have never had anything I would call a bad blowjob, that wasn't a great experience but up until I started gushing blood I was having a great time!
    Spoiler:

Rusev Day Smod

Status

Yeah I'm not convinced especially with the talk of them wanting to a tag team tournament next following the Mae Young and Cruiserweight Classics.
    BTB Achievements
    WWE: The New Vision

Spoiler:

Friendship King

Status
      Country                    Australia

Metro Brothers for next Dusty Classic winners or GTFO

They've brought back past NXT teams for the Dusty Classic previously so they could always throw The Ascension - I genuinely can't think of any other notable NXT teams that graduated to the main roster and are still together - down for one or two rounds. And last year they had the influx of Cruiserweight Classic competitors to throw together a few fun teams to fill out numbers. Can't really do that again now so I'd expect at least three or four never-before-seen jobber teams to fill the numbers if they decide to have it this year, which it feels like they won't.

MasterOfTheSmallPackage

Status

I’m pretty sure AoP will be on the main roster by the time the next Dusty Tournament comes around. But instead of Black and Dream I’d love to see Goldust and Dream

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Tranquilo, Cabron

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Dook Gulak View Post
    Blake teams with Steve Cutler now
    Poor guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Order View Post
    I don't see Almas and Itami teaming especially now Almas is the NXT Champion.

Rest of them I completely agree with though. Hope they do one this year and the winner actually gets a title shot or something rather than just the 'prestige' of winning it.
    Yeah, I don't see the Itami/Almas team anymore either, but the idea of it gives me a happy.

Didn't the Authors get there title shot out of the win last year? They're title match was on the next TakeOver so even if it wasn't the actual prize, the win certainly positioned them in the running.

Quote Originally Posted by MC 16 View Post
    Why not use this to establish TM-61 as a main player in the tag division if they decide to do this again?
    ...because they suck.

Quote Originally Posted by Darling Nicky View Post
    Am I the only one who thinks the Dusty Classic might not return until maybe late next year?

I feel like with bringing back War Games and bringing up Dusty’s legacy with the match gimmick a great deal, they probably don’t want to but even more focus on honoring Dusty until (no pun intended) the dust settles a bit.
    Not at all. I'm sure I even mentioned in the opening post that I'm not sure it's happening. I just like the discussion and seeing who people come up with as random teams or surprises. I would hope that we do still get it though because it's always fun.

Sweet Meat

Status

Why poor guys? They work well together by all accounts

Spoiler:

I solemnly swear I am up to no good

Quote Originally Posted by Steve
    I stopped reading when it became clear it was the same butthurt smarkf*g "real wrasslin'" crybaby rant on every youtube vid featuring Cena.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff Bagwell on John Cena
    But I think he's bigger than Buff Bagwell. I really do.
    [02:00 AM] Dakstang : girls ain't dudes

Tranquilo, Cabron

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Dook Gulak View Post
    Why poor guys? They work well together by all accounts
    They just don't ever seem to get a break. Blake was doing great before they made him a cowboy and now he's in another team that isn't on TV with a guy that has seemingly got the same curse on him and can't stay on TV. I just think it's a shame is all.

Thread Information