Thread: FWA Network Presents BEYOND THE RING

Status

FWA Network Presents BEYOND THE RING

This is a PUBLIC OPEN PROMO where anyone can join in at any time, role playing with other characters, contributing to a collective story, or individual stories existing simultaneously. BEYOND THE RING is a reality TV Series that follows FWA megastars as they navigate through their lives, in and out of the ring.

The main setting of this show is THE FWA BACKSTAGE AREA and a set of default locations (listed below), though RP'ers can go off location with custom destinations if their story calls for it.

Default Locations

FWA Backstage area - includes locker rooms, catering areas, doctors office, Creative room, gym, GM's office, etc

Elite Knights Restaurant - an upscale dining location. A favorite among FWA's elite. Owned by FWA Legend Anthony Jackson.

The Piss-Pot Place - Not an upscale dining location. A dingy dive for when you're ballin' on a budget. Owned by FWA legend Duke Drazin.

Club FWA- This night club is officially known as Club Midnight, but it's earned the nickname "Club FWA" due to it being a favorite location for FWA wrestlers.

The Robinson Hotel - This official hotel of the FWA. This is where FWA megastars hang their hats.

CUSTOM LOCATION- Take your characters off-location wherever you want. The mall, the airport, the hospital, your house. Just be descriptive and take us there with you.

Status

Re: FWA Network Presents BEYOND THE RING

RESERVED FOR INDEXING

Status

The Elite Knights Restaurant, 8:30pm.

The Astonishing Chris Kennnedy sits alone, a plate of fettuccini Alfredo in front of him. He takes a long sip of his red wine before responding to his cell phone which start to jingle. It's a text message from his longtime girlfriend, Bell Connelly.

The text bubbles are displayed above Chris Kennedy's head for the veiwing audience to see.

"Where you at? <3"
    her message reads.

Chris Kennedy: Elite Knights. Grabbing a bite. You coming?

Kennedy places the phone back down, awaiting her answer as he takes another sip of the merlot.
    Last edited by Jiggy; 11-18-2017 at 08:21 PM.

I'm a Stone Cold Lee Guy.

Status
      Country                    Ireland

*Chris's phone will suddenly chirp in a high pitched, squeaky voice about chocolate rain, which will be especially odd considering that it is highly unlikely that Chris will remember that he'd set that tone on his phone, though he probably already knew EXACTLY who it was before looking at the message, which we see once again as bubbles above his head*

"ON IT LIKE A STARE ON A CARE BEAR"

ON IT LIKE CYRUS ON TRUTH.

ON IT LIKE STARR ON STRUCK.

ON IT LIKE MUSCLES ON MIKEY G.

ON IT LIKE CHEESE ON GRILLED CHEESE.

SO ON IT.

I GOT UR BACK, GURLFREN.

IN FACT. LOOK UP.

Sure enough once Chris does, he sees Bell Connelly slapping a card onto the counter as she stared down the cashier on the other side. She pointed with her other finger, clearly thinking she was pointing at the menu and clearly pointing in nearly the opposite direction.

"I want every dessert on the menu. Just start at the top," she raised her hand, "and keep going aaaaaaaaaaaaall the way down," Bell dragged her hand down as she said the word, nodding decisively.

The cashier blinked.

Bell tapped the card. "And don't worry, I can totes pay for it. This," she flashed it, "is my super special meal credit card. It's got, like, a ten thousand dollar balance on it or something," she looked at it, then shrugged. "I dunno: I only hit it, like, the one time I flew in a few crates of energy drink from Japan. They make the best energy drinks,"
    The most amazing thing about this recent conversation is that I've learned AON is even more of a waste of space than I thought he was previously

Status

Chris grins and shakes his head before sliding his now empty plate to the side of the table. He raises a finger, signaling the servers attention.

Chris Kennedy: Yeah, make that TWO of every dessert on the menu. Please.

The server doesn't look entirely amused as she jots down the order.

Chris Kennedy: I didn't know I wanted dessert until you said it. Come to think of it, I never want sweets unless you do. Is this some "Pavlov's dog" thing where you've trained me to want dessert at the sound of a...bell?

He says this with a smile as he raises his wine glass to his mouth, taking another sip.

Status

-Bell saunters over to her boyfriend with a bright smile that lights up her entire face as she moves towards the table-

"Naaaa, that's just because I'm totally adorable and you can't say no to that"

Bell leans over and kisses him quickly on the cheek
    The most amazing thing about this recent conversation is that I've learned AON is even more of a waste of space than I thought he was previously

Chikara Trainee

Status
      Country                    United States

After Mile High 2017...
    Izzy is limping around backstage. She goes to the ladies locker room and sits down in the chair in front of her locker. She looks around the room and it looks empty. No showers are running, nobody has their bags out, all the locker’s seem empty. She looks down at the cut on her calf from her match earlier. She slowly rises back up and heads towards the showers. She reemerges in the locker room about 30 minutes later and there’s still no signs of life in the locker room. Izzy drops her towel and puts on her underwear. Izzy sits down and re-gauzes her leg. She rises to her feet and opens her locker.

Inside, it seems... different… some things were moved around, some things are missing and where the hell did all these stickers come from? Just as Izzy’s trying to process everything, a loud high pitched voice scares her out of her trance.

“HI FRIEND!” says the energetic blonde who's now the world champion Bell Connelly.

Izzy jumps and has to take a moment to catch her breath. “JESUS… Christ Bell… where’d you come from?!”

“Oh I’ve been here the whole time, you just didn't notice.” She whispers in her ear. “I’m the best at hide and seek.”

Izzy realizes just how long Bell’s been here and is curious, but also a bit creeped out. “O-...Okay… uh…”

“SO WHAT ARE YOU DOING TONIGHT FRIEND?!”

Izzy jumps back after the energetic blonde interrupts. She begins to apply some makeup. “I-I’m going to a rock show downtown. I saw flyers for this band The Hopeful and The Wicked and they look pretty sweet. I was gonna check them out, drink a bit, maybe get down with some people.”

“No Starr??she says as she tilts her head.

“He WOULD go, but I'm letting him have the night off. Don't think he's in a good enough shape to party right now.” Izzy replies as she starts quickly putting on more clothes

Bell nods somewhat understanding.
    “That sounds cool… mind if I come?”

Izzy pulls her shirt down over her head and can't believe what Bell is asking. “...What?”

“What?”

Izzy shakes her head, puts her jacket on, and grabs her bag. She laughs as she leaves the room.
    “Bye Bell.” She looks back into the room but Bell has disappeared again.
    In the parking lot...
    Izzy loads up the trunk of her car and gets in the driver seat. In the passenger seat is… you guessed it.

“Gum?”

“Yeah sur- BELL?!?! How did you get in my car?!” Izzy interjects as the woman to her right has seemingly appeared from nowhere.

“It's really roomy in here. Why do you need so much? You're so teeny tiny already.” She boops Izzy's nose.

“Bell. Seriously. What are you doing?”

“Going to a show with you, silly! You need a friend and I'm always here to help my friends.” Bell smiles brightly as Izzy looks at her in wonder. “Buckle up! It's the law you know.”

“Yeah I know… “ Izzy begrudgingly buckles her belt. She'll just deal with the situation for now. It's just for one night right?

Izzy pulls out of the garage of the Pepsi Center as fans shout and yell for their favorite stars. The two look at each other shrug and wave and smile back.

After driving to the club for a bit, Izzy feels something wet on her arm. She looks down to see Bell coloring in Izzy's tattoos with Crayola markers.
    "BELL?!?! SERIOUSLY WHAT ARE YOU DOING?"

"Giving you some color! Everyone needs more color!"

Izzy immediately pulls her arm away and looks at Bell. "Where'd you even get colored markers?" Bell responds by pulling out a large 64 pack out of her purse. Izzy's jaw drops and is almost stunned silent...

"Bell..." Izzy struggles to spit out the next words. Bell looks worried that she's upset one of her friends. Izzy suddenly breaks down in laughter. "Ya know what? You keep doing you man." Izzy puts her arm back where Bell can get to work. Bell immediately perks up and starts coloring in the many tattoos on Izzy's skin. The duo pull into the parking lot for the club the mini concert is taking place at.

------------------------

Status

"SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO" Bell drawled out for a way too long a time "Where are we going what kind of show are we watching?! OH IS IT THE WIGGLES?! I love the wiggles, they were amazing the last time they were-Oh wait"

Bell suddenly perks up as she looks out the window, clearly having spied something in the distance, whatever it was, her breath hitches with excitement as she starts looking for something in her bag

"Oh Sweet, I've been waiting for something like this to come along, Izzy. Keep an eye on it, tell me if it moves...."

And Bell threw a Pokeball out of the window

"C'mon! Get in the ball!" Bell hissed. Whatever she throw the ball at it gave a very feline like hiss and she was already pulling another Pokeball out from her belt. They were of course decent replicas that had been made in Japan and could actually open and everything. .

"I guess I'm going to have to use another or--- wait!" Bell's eyes went wide. "I should probably try and weaken her first, make her easier to capture! But I don't have another one..." Bell pursed her lips for a moment, tapping her face with the Pokeball. "This is harder than I thought it would be..."

"

Thread Information