Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Lord of the Rings Series on Amazon!

Shuyaku

Status
      Country                    Puerto Rico

Lord of the Rings Series on Amazon!

http://www.cnn.com/2017/11/13/entert...zon/index.html

Amazon is going to Middle Earth.

The streaming service on Monday announced it is bringing J.R.R. Tolkien's fantasy epic to television, with a multiple season commitment.

The television series will take place before the 2001 feature film "The Fellowship of the Ring," which kicked off the trilogy directed by Peter Jackson.

Amazon said in a release the deal includes potential for spin-off series as well.

RELATED: Sean Astin on possible 'Lord of the Rings' TV show

"'The Lord of the Rings' is a cultural phenomenon that has captured the imagination of generations of fans through literature and the big screen," said Sharon Tal Yguado, head of scripted series for Amazon Studios. "We are honored to be working with the Tolkien Estate and Trust, HarperCollins and New Line on this exciting collaboration for television and are thrilled to be taking 'The Lord of the Rings; fans on a new epic journey in Middle Earth."

The announcement marks Amazon's first major programming announcement since the departure of former executive Roy Price.

Price resigned as head of Amazon Studios in October after accusations of sexual harassment.
    Amazon's acquisition of the "Lord of the Rings" television rights sets up the streaming network to expand its genre programming.

Amazon also produces "The Man in the High Castle," an alternative history drama based on the Philip K. Dick novel. That show's third season will debut in 2018.

The company also announced last week a superhero drama from "Supernatural" creator Eric Kripke and fellow executive producers Seth Rogen and Evan Goldberg, who will direct.

The "Lord of the Rings" films earned a combined gross of nearly $6 billion worldwide.

The cast included Elijah Wood, Viggo Mortensen, Ian McKellen, Liv Tyler, Sean Astin and Orlando Bloom.

A cast for the TV series has not yet been announced.
    Huge news for me being a fan of the Franchise and being one of my favs outside of Star Wars. They want the Series to take place before the Fellowship of the Ring, but how far do you go back? Before the Hobbit which is new stories and content which I'm all for, but don't you have to wrap everything together eventually?

Real Women of Genius
    Ongoing, click the link if you want to take a tour of Women's Wrestling
    HoHo's Excellent Adventure

Let's get the Time Machine and go back in time dudes and dudettes to the classics

Crotchety Old SMOD

Status
      Country                    Canada

Re: Lord of the Rings Series on Amazon!

Maybe it won't suck as hard as those Peter Jackson movies did.

Ask Fuji|2017 Movie Log

​​​

Quote Originally Posted by Swamps
    Get out and kick their ass! Even if its Grandma!

BURNING HAMMER!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
      Country                    Great Britain

Hmm interesting. I wonder what the budget will be. I imagine this will require a huge amount.
    Io KENTA Mayu

Shuyaku

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Fuji Vice View Post
    Maybe it won't suck as hard as those Peter Jackson movies did.
    I'm guess you're talking about the Hobbit Trilogy? Yeah I was disappointed as a whole with the films could of been so much better.

The first two were good, and the third didn't have that Return of the King greatness vibe to me. Yeah the budget is going to be huge MC I imagine with what they might want to do this show.

Real Women of Genius

Let's get the Time Machine and go back in time dudes and dudettes to the classics

Crotchety Old SMOD

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Kairi HoHo View Post
    I'm guess you're talking about the Hobbit Trilogy? Yeah I was disappointed as a whole with the films could of been so much better.
    No, I'm talking about Lord of the Rings movies. The Hobbit movies sucked ass too but I already expected that after being subjugated to that psychopath Peter Jackson's first trilogy. It's well known around here that I fucking hate those movies with a passion that's equal to Peter Jackson's passion for being incapable of editing his movies down to workable lengths.

Do you want to know how much I hate the LOTR trilogy? Ok, true story, I used to love the movie The Frighteners but when I was watching it the last time Peter Jackson did the introduction for the Director's Cut. He proceeded to say that all LOTR fans have that movie to thank for the trilogy getting made because of the amount of money spent on the computers for the ghost effects made him realize he needed to justify the cost and so pitched LOTR to the execs. I will now never watch The Frighteners again because it inadvertently helped create those overrated pieces of trash.

Ask Fuji|2017 Movie Log

​​​

Quote Originally Posted by Swamps
    Get out and kick their ass! Even if its Grandma!

Shuyaku

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Fuji Vice View Post
    No, I'm talking about Lord of the Rings movies. The Hobbit movies sucked ass too but I already expected that after being subjugated to that psychopath Peter Jackson's first trilogy. It's well known around here that I fucking hate those movies with a passion that's equal to Peter Jackson's passion for being incapable of editing his movies down to workable lengths.

Do you want to know how much I hate the LOTR trilogy? Ok, true story, I used to love the movie The Frighteners but when I was watching it the last time Peter Jackson did the introduction for the Director's Cut. He proceeded to say that all LOTR fans have that movie to thank for the trilogy getting made because of the amount of money spent on the computers for the ghost effects made him realize he needed to justify the cost and so pitched LOTR to the execs. I will now never watch The Frighteners again because it inadvertently helped create those overrated pieces of trash.
    Savage Fuji.

First time I heard your beef with LOTR buddy woah. Personally I love all the films and to me the film lengths fly by at least for me, but I can see how that be frustrating for people going into the films. Here's a story when I was in I think 8th Grade my Brother got the Dvd from Wal-Mart for the Cover he had no clue what is was about, but the got it just to see what it was all about. I remember seeing the Dvd around our home at the time and I never really felt interested to see. One day I got really bored and I put the Dvd in my PS2 and I was in awe of what I was seeing. I remember wanting to break my Controller with how it ended and saying that is how it's going to end really???! I had no clue that this was a multiple Movie in the works type of thing, while not knowing it was based from a Book. Legit a month later my Teacher would start reading to us the Fellowship of the Ring and my fandom went form there. It was just freaky coincidence that I got into this franchise, but to me I would love debate you had and fun fun in doing so like I did with Jon with BVS when that came out.

Real Women of Genius

SIX F'N STARS

Status

If it's even close to as good as Jackson's LOTR trilogy, this will be a great show. However, that is asking a lot. Really hoping this feels like those films more than The Hobbit films or a TV-version of Shadows of Mordor but we shall see. The thing with Arda is that there is so much worth covering but without serious restraint it's going to feel like cheap overkill. I can only hope that GoT's success will discourage producers from taking liberties with the magical properties of the world. Put me down as cautiously optimistic.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucha Bear
    Well...you can't have anything in life

I HAVE STARTED STREAMING MY GAME SESSIONS
    ...COME AND CHECK IT OUT IF YOU'RE BORED,OK?

Scumbag Role Model

Status
      Country                    United States

This makes me laugh because a year ago Rob Schrab joked about rebooting LOTR and here we are.

I actually don’t think the original trilogy is that bad (third one didn’t need five endings) but the Hobbit trilogy was pointless and makes me kind of not want to revisit the OG trilogy.
    -------
    [07:37 PM] Shake: I am obsessed with Nicky its true
    -------
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiZ-R View Post
    What the fuck is happening to you guys? I once got a blowjob where she used her teeth a little bit too much and I ended up with a bloody dick, I still enjoyed the blowjob up to the point I started bleeding. I can honestly say that I have never had anything I would call a bad blowjob, that wasn't a great experience but up until I started gushing blood I was having a great time!

People's Champion

Status

I love the LOTR trilogy. Best trilogy ever. Makes Star Wars look like a pansy. Better acting, better action, better everything.

However, I don't see a point for a tv show. The only thing that I can see as a positive is that it gets super popular and EA finally makes Battle for Middle Earth 3.
    Last edited by indyfan; 11-14-2017 at 12:46 PM.

Scumbag Role Model

Status

Great acting yet Liv Tyler and Sean Astin fucking sucked
    -------
    -------
    What the fuck is happening to you guys? I once got a blowjob where she used her teeth a little bit too much and I ended up with a bloody dick, I still enjoyed the blowjob up to the point I started bleeding. I can honestly say that I have never had anything I would call a bad blowjob, that wasn't a great experience but up until I started gushing blood I was having a great time!

Ole!

Status

We want Tom Bombadil!!

RIP Bradley

People's Champion

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Darling Nicky View Post
    Liv Tyler was hardly even in it and Astin was good in it.

The rest of the cast nailed it.

SIX F'N STARS

Status

Liv Tyler was Liv Tyler, sure, but Sean Astin was great. Between the Rotten Tomatoes percentages, general consensus among moviegoers, and the enthusiastic reception from serious Tolkien fans - I have trouble taking people who say things like:

I actually don’t think the original trilogy is that bad
    seriously. It's one of the greatest trilogies and adaptations ever created. Nothing is perfect, and the ongoing-endings for Return of the King was really dumb, but I won't entertain the idea that these are less than 90%/A-Grade films. It may not fit your personal taste but don't pretend that's anything other than personal qualms or nitpicking.

Would the series have been better suited to a much longer medium? Maybe 5 movies, or its own program/show? PROBABLY. But that does not discredit the incredible works committed to film with Jackson's trilogy.

Having read the books, seen the films many times, and then the extended editions many times more, leveled a human champion to 50 in Lord of the Rings Online, and having gone through a table in a match featuring Johnny Stamboli and interference from RoboCop, I deem this trilogy: good-to-really-great-but-not-perfect.

Anything you have to say regarding the matter after this point is B.S. btw.

Quote Originally Posted by Pickle Mikk View Post
    We want Tom Bombadil!!
    Hear, hear!

Quote Originally Posted by Lucha Bear
    Well...you can't have anything in life

I HAVE STARTED STREAMING MY GAME SESSIONS
    ...COME AND CHECK IT OUT IF YOU'RE BORED,OK?

Scumbag Role Model

Status

Sean Astin is awful. Totally exhausted what Samwise was all about by the end of the trilogy.

Also I defended the original trilogy from based off what Fuji said you white knight mother fucker
    -------
    -------

Shuyaku

Status

Sean Astin is awful. Totally exhausted what Samwise was all about by the end of the trilogy.

Also I defended the original trilogy from based off what Fuji said you white knight mother fucker
    I would say Sean Astin Samwise is the heart of the film. Without him helping his best friend Frodo no way he completes his journey, dude was picking him up like Ryback helping him in his time of need.

Real Women of Genius

Scumbag Role Model

Status

No, I completely understand what Sam was to Frodo from reading the book.

However, I shouldn’t be constantly annoyed by “the heart” of the film and root for him to get raped to death by a giant spider by the third movie.
    -------
    -------

Status
      Country                    Jamaica

@HoHo That's Samwise's character you are describing and not Astin's acting or portrayal.

I felt sympathy at times for Samwise but Astin kinda made me hate the character at times too. Like I really couldn't be assed with him.

IMPORTANT MESSAGE

Spoiler:

~~HAVE A NICE DAY~~
    Spoiler:

Shuyaku

Status

No, I completely understand what Sam was to Frodo from reading the book.

However, I shouldn’t be constantly annoyed by “the heart” of the film and root for him to get raped to death by a giant spider by the third movie.
    I might of thought the same thing when it came to Smeagol/Gollum, but falling into hot lava with his precious will do

I wonder does Amazon have the budget of what it takes to give us what we get with Game of Thrones show? I'm just thinking with the CGI alone for creatures alone is going to be a big budget not counting creating the world they want to create for this show.

Real Women of Genius

I'm gonna blame the movies

Status

Not gonna lie I like Astin in other stuff but I hated his portrayal of Samwise.

[07:31 PM] Stonewall Dakson
    : I have a good friend that lives near Seattle. He says I should come visit sometime but that is like the exact opposite side of the country from me.
    [07:31 PM] Jon Snow
    : theyve got planes for that
    [07:31 PM] Stonewall Dakson
    : And those cost lots of money
    [07:32 PM] Jim
    : send yourself in a box without any holes with the USPS. Best case scenario, you get cheap traveling, worst case, you're gone forever
    [10:00 PM] Kairi HoHo
    : Jerk it in my honor Dak bye.
    [06:18 PM]Stonewall Dakson
    : Guys, I am going to see President Trump tomorrow.
    [06:19 PM]Stonewall Dakson
    : He's holding a rally in the town I live in. Gonna skip outta work and go.
    [06:19 PM]Stonewall Dakson
    : Not the town I live in, the town I work in.
    [06:19 PM]RecyCocks
    : You should bring TGR with you
    [06:20 PM]Stonewall Dakson
    : If I was taking a long walk off a short pier I would gladly bring TGR with me.
    [11:40 PM]
    Kairi HoHo
    : Pretty sure I said I would go gay for Ryan Gosling just saying lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Kairi HoHo View Post
    I'll be fine Daddy.
    BS Mafia 4 Lyfe: Dakstang Dook Duke HoHo Punk Wolf CocksDynamite Creeping Death Swamps

THE 559

Status
      Country                    Ireland

I thought he was great as Samwise. Particularly in the first film. Finding it hard to comprehend that some people don't think this is a real good trilogy.
    LUCHA! LUCHA! LUCHA!

Thread Information