Thread: Potential Surivor Series spoiler/superstar returns

The EST of WC

Status
      Country                    Jamaica

Potential Surivor Series spoiler/superstar returns

Former WWE Divas champion Paige will finally return to WWE programming this week, PWInsider.com has confirmed. Although there had been early plans for her to return on the Smackdown brand, PWInsider.com has learned that WWE will instead have her return to the Raw roster, where she had been originally drafted during the 2016 brand split but never actually appeared post-Draft.

The belief among several we have spoken with is that Paige will somehow end up on the Raw Women's team at the 11/19 Survivor Series in Houston, Texas, where she now resides. Bayley vs. Mickie James vs. Dana Brooke has been announced to fill the position of the fifth competitor of Team Raw this Monday for Raw in Atlanta. It's possible Paige is added to make it a four way or WWE runs some other sort of angle to have Paige replace one of the members of the team.

Paige has not competed for WWE since the summer of 2016, when she was suspended for the first of two infractions under the WWE Wellness Policy. Since that time, she has undergone neck surgery. In recent weeks, she has been working out at the WWE Performance Center in preparation for her return to WWE storylines.

Source: Pwinsider
    I had a feeling this would be the case after Alicia was shown trying to recruit girls for Team Raw. Her and Del Rio seemingly being done too gives a good indication that she’s back in the E to stay.

In in other news Bayley and Mickie not making the SS match is lolworthy, especially Bayley.

"Because i truly believe....any man with two hands has a fighting chance" - James Ellsworth, 2016

Shuyaku

Status
      Country                    Puerto Rico

Re: Potential Surivor Series spoiler/superstar returns

Yeah I don't know to feel about this. In one situation I love Paige and I rather see her over Bayley,Dana maybe not Mickie for Team Raw, but it's kinda in the slap of the face of those ladies to take a backseat from Paige who has been gone for quite awhile.

Real Women of Genius
    Ongoing, click the link if you want to take a tour of Women's Wrestling
    HoHo's Excellent Adventure

Let's get the Time Machine and go back in time dudes and dudettes to the classics

Mid-Card Champion

Status
      Country                    Wales

I'm surprised that Paige is going to be on Raw, if that's where she ends up. Given that they've added Asuka recently to the roster then I would have thought that Smackdown would be where she was gong to end up to give them a bit of a boost. The Smackdown roster kind of needs her more I feel.

Either way, I'm excited to see her back as the landscape has really changed in the time she's been away. There's a lot of great matches for her to have on both Raw and Smackdown.

Johnny Cash Lis'nen

Status
      Country                    us=United States

Not like it matters where she goes. The WWE thinks Tamina and Nia Jax are where the money is at.

LARIATOOOOOOOO

Status
      Country                    England

Quote Originally Posted by RobyD View Post
    Not like it matters where she goes. The WWE thinks Tamina and Nia Jax are where the money is at.
    Neither of them have ever been champion

Nice to see Paige is getting her life back together. I think Raw is the best place for her with more fresh opponents in Asuka, Sasha, Bayley, Mickie, Nia, Bliss etc, it's just not the best time to bring someone back and push them strong because you're doing the same thing with Asuka.

God's Gift to God

Status

There's a joke somewhere about Paige being double teamed because it's survivor series right

ily

Zen Through Bacon

Status
      Country                    UK

I have this feeling that Paige will be used in an Emma-like capacity. Solid matches but ultimately used to put others over. To be fair even before all her issues, she wasn't having a strong push. Used to put over Nikki all through 2015 and then Charlotte for the first half of 2016.

Mid-Card Champion

Status
      Country                    Wales

Quote Originally Posted by TheBaconBuddha View Post
    I have this feeling that Paige will be used in an Emma-like capacity. Solid matches but ultimately used to put others over. To be fair even before all her issues, she wasn't having a strong push. Used to put over Nikki all through 2015 and then Charlotte for the first half of 2016.
    I think before her hiatus she was just on the downturn. She'd had her push and they were just rotating who was on top. i think they probably knew that Nikki was gearing up for her last big run so she was the priority.

People will hate to hear it, and will likely disagree, but Paige is more popular than Emma. I think she'll get back to the top eventually because WWE will capitalize on her popularity.

Zen Through Bacon

Status
      Country                    UK

Latest news is apparently she was pulled due to her posting a picture of herself and Alicia before Raw, thus pissing off management for spoiling her 'surprise' return. First day back and insta-heat. Not looking good.

Thread Information