I wouldn't mind Okada winning
    I'd have never guessed tbh

Sky Blue Hyper Technican

Status
      Country                    Great Britain

Re: WRESTLE KINGDOM 12 - January 4th 2018

Quote Originally Posted by Jiggy View Post
    I'd have never guessed tbh
    Yeah, I'm a big Okada fan as you can tell but I also like Naito and I would love to see a good Natio title reign. Have a break from Okada main event matches.
    Spoiler:

Status
      Country                    Jamaica

I'm curious where Naito goes with a title run. I feel like there's not much left of his current arc.

IMPORTANT MESSAGE

Spoiler:

~~ WE ARE ALL ONE~~
    Spoiler:

SIX F'N STARS

Status

I took January 4th off work and will be having a couple friends over to watch the event. Hoping it will be an enlightening experience. Also hoping I remember to order pizza before everything closes nearby.

Japanese commentary only, of course. Write it down, fuck-face.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero View Post
    Castle isn't beating Cody.

Quote Originally Posted by Jiggy View Post
    intrigued to see Jericho carry Omega to a 7 star match.
    That seems very unlikely, tbh.
    Prepare to lose a war of attrition in 10,000 words or more.

BLACKHEART

Status
      Country                    United States

I'm psyched for Jericho vs Omega and Naito vs Okada. I accidentally took the 5th off of work instead of the 4th, but luckily I work in the morning on the 3rd and I can stay up for the show that night still. I'll be dead tired the next day and that night staying up, but it'll be worth it and if need be I'll stock up on some Red Bull like Natty.

Rest in power, Flock U

Team Cyrus T is Best for Business

Quote Originally Posted by Ed
    Stop the hating of the E-Feds. If you don't like something, that's fine, just ignore it and let the people who do enjoy what they're here on WC to do. Mocking them to make you feel less of a geek for being on a geek on a wrestling forum is lame. If you want to not read their posts, I can fix that for you.

GET THESE HANDS

Status
      Country                    England

I must of booked last year off work for some other reason than the Dome show, because I checked last year's thread and I remember I watched half the show live. Haven't bothered this year, I'll watch the big stuff after work on Thursday.

Do you think Gedo knew Cody was dropping the ROH title to Castle when he booked this. That match looks even weirder now, Why are they fighting for if it's not about the ROH title anymore? I know Ibushi/Omega was the plan until Jericho came into the frame, but that is a bad plan B.

Scumbag Role Model

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post
    I must of booked last year off work for some other reason than the Dome show, because I checked last year's thread and I remember I watched half the show live. Haven't bothered this year, I'll watch the big stuff after work on Thursday.

Do you think Gedo knew Cody was dropping the ROH title to Castle when he booked this. That match looks even weirder now, Why are they fighting for if it's not about the ROH title anymore? I know Ibushi/Omega was the plan until Jericho came into the frame, but that is a bad plan B.
    I mean, at least Ibushi has a somewhat notable singles match, but yeah with the ROH Title out of the picture there’s not much of a selling point now. Guys like Ishii, Juice, etc are in nothing matches too but at least their nothing match has something at stake.

Ibushi got a pretty raw deal, though.
    -------
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiZ-R View Post
    What the fuck is happening to you guys? I once got a blowjob where she used her teeth a little bit too much and I ended up with a bloody dick, I still enjoyed the blowjob up to the point I started bleeding. I can honestly say that I have never had anything I would call a bad blowjob, that wasn't a great experience but up until I started gushing blood I was having a great time!
    Spoiler:

Tranquilo, Cabron

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post

Didn't Cody jump Ibushi backstage or something? Wasn't that the motivation behind the match? Or was that after the match was announced?

Sky Blue Hyper Technican

Status

Maybe the idea is that Cody is going after Ibushi to get to Kenny Omega, playing of the tension they had back at the G1 Special. I don't know, just trying to make sense of the feud.
    Spoiler:

Status

Ibushi isn't NJPW exclusive so he isn't really getting much of a bad deal.

I'd also say that the ROH title did provide intrigue but was never going to be the main focal point of the match. It doesn't need the belt for what it's likely going to set up.

IMPORTANT MESSAGE

Spoiler:

~~ WE ARE ALL ONE~~
    Spoiler:

Status

Didn't Cody jump Ibushi backstage or something? Wasn't that the motivation behind the match? Or was that after the match was announced?
    Cody taunted Ibushi backstage at Power Struggle when Ibushi lost to Tana.

It's entirely possible that Gedo knew about Castle beating Cody. Infact it'd make even more sense if so. It's also possible ROH had the belt switched as a result of Cody/Ibushi being booked but idk enough about that.

IMPORTANT MESSAGE

Spoiler:

~~ WE ARE ALL ONE~~
    Spoiler:

Tranquilo, Cabron

Status

Quote Originally Posted by RainShaker View Post
    Cody taunted Ibushi backstage at Power Struggle when Ibushi lost to Tana.
    So he didn't hit him? I was sure I saw footage of Cody flooring Kota and then telling him that Kenny had told him to leave Ibushi alone but he just couldn't resist.

Sky Blue Hyper Technican

Status

So he didn't hit him? I was sure I saw footage of Cody flooring Kota and then telling him that Kenny had told him to leave Ibushi alone but he just couldn't resist.
    No, Kota was on the floor due to exhaustion when Cody confronted him.

Edit: In other news, New Japan are opening more seats due to the high demand for Wrestle Kingdom. That's a good sign.

https://twitter.com/EvanDeadlySinsW/...72696484532225
    Last edited by MC 16; 12-28-2017 at 01:49 PM.
    Spoiler:

Status

Theyre probably just expecting a lot of walk up sales. But yeah, I imagine that foreign interest in NJPW increasing now means that the Dome is going to start doing much bigger numbers.

Short english captioned VTR Promos:

Don't know if they'll do anymore but Okada/Naito ones have me hyped af.

IMPORTANT MESSAGE

Spoiler:

~~ WE ARE ALL ONE~~
    Spoiler:

Sky Blue Hyper Technican

Status

The promos are pretty cool, short but show the build effectively.
    Spoiler:

Tranquilo, Cabron

Status

Quote Originally Posted by MC 16 View Post
    No, Kota was on the floor due to exhaustion when Cody confronted him.
    Okay, that makes sense. I must've seen Kota on the floor and just assumed that Cody put him there.

Sky Blue Hyper Technican

Status

Here is a video going through the build of the show. 40 minutes long though.
    Spoiler:

Scumbag Role Model

Status

I’m pretty excited for this show after watching some of these videos. Cody/Ibushi was probably the only match I still wasn’t interested in after watching the video packages. There’s just nothing really selling me in on watching a Wesker wannabe versus a guy that admittedly shows up when he wants to over the last few years in NJPW. But yeah, should be great. Not watching live but I will catch it.

They’ve done so well with the Okada/Naito match.
    -------
    What the fuck is happening to you guys? I once got a blowjob where she used her teeth a little bit too much and I ended up with a bloody dick, I still enjoyed the blowjob up to the point I started bleeding. I can honestly say that I have never had anything I would call a bad blowjob, that wasn't a great experience but up until I started gushing blood I was having a great time!
    Spoiler:

GET THESE HANDS

Status
      Country                    England

Quote Originally Posted by Tennessee Nicky View Post
    They’ve done so well with the Okada/Naito match.
    They really have, I'm hardly the biggest fan of either man these days and I did not enjoy their 2016 matches together, but I'm incredibly excited for the match. Perhaps I'm forgetting something, but it feels like the biggest New Japan match since I started watching in 2012. This feels like their Austin Vs Rock at WM17; biggest show of the year, biggest crowd in years, the two top stars of the generation going at it for the top title at a boom period for the company's popularity.

BTB Legend

Status

Comments

As part of my ongoing commitment to keep up with current wrestling, and more specifically, watch New Japan regularly, I’ve re-signed with New Japan World and will be watching Wrestle Kingdom 12 live. And as part of my attempts to contribute to threads, I’m going to offer comment and make predictions on the top four matches.

Kazuchika Okada © vs. Tetsuya Naito I expect a match that will be widely lauded, and deservedly so, but I’m probably not going to like it as much as everyone else. I’m a fan of Okada, but Naito’s gimmick and his in-ring personality are both a big turn-off for me. The combination of a modernized version of the Larry Zbyszko, with the extended stalling at the start of the match that goes on for far too long, and the looming shadow of Los Ingobernables and the prospect of interference, are, as mentioned, a big turn-off. As for the finish, I know that most, but not all are expecting a Naito win, but I’m calling a win for Okada. Gedo’s goal from day one with Okada was to make him a superstar, and whilst he has succeed, and Okada has reigned as IWGP Heavyweight Champion for more days than anyone else, there is still one record tied in to the title that Okada does not have, and that’s for most consecutive title defences. I believe there is a good chance that that is a record that Gedo wants Okada to have, and I think the time to go for it is now, because to hold off on it, if Gedo is going to do it, means Okada having another year-plus title reign and I don’t believe that that is a good idea, if only because it will have already been done and it won’t mean as much the second time around.

There is a good case for Naito to win, because he is hot right now, but I see the plan to make Okada the biggest superstar possible including giving him every possible record related to the IWGP Heavyweight Championship, so I believe that Okada will retain.

Kenny Omega © vs. Chris Jericho I expect a that match I’m going to hate with a passion, even if it is a match that, were it to be held anywhere else, I would love. This is going to be a wild brawl, filled with stunts and crazy brawling spots, and it will probably be laden with interference and at least one of the participants will get fairly heavy juice. And if it was on ROH or WWE, I would have no problem with that and I would really get into the match and think highly of it. But it’s not happening in ROH or WWE. It’s happening in New Japan, and that’s the problem I’m going to have with it. It’s not a type of match I want to see in New Japan. Omega’s ladder match with Michael Elgin was raved about my most, but I hated that match so much. It was everything I don’t want to see in New Japan. And this match is going to be more of the same. Yes, they’ll both work extremely hard, and yes, it’ll be as impressive a match as these two could possibly have. But that doesn’t mean I want to see them have that match in a New Japan ring.

I could actually see Omega winning and Jericho laying him out afterwards to set up a rematch, maybe in the US, which Jericho then wins to set up a third match, all the while, New Japan playing up the fact that Jericho is an outsider. It’s something nobody would expect to see, and the whole reason for this match happening is that Jericho wanted to do something nobody would expect to see. But I think it’s going to be as simple as it looks going in regarding the finish; if it’s a one-off match from Jericho, Omega wins, but if Jericho is sticking around, then he’s going over.

Hiroshi Tanahashi © vs. Jay White I think the match itself comes down to what Tanahashi is physically capable of. If Tanahashi can go, I expect them to have as good a match as Tanahashi is capable of, given his physical limitations. If Tanahashi can’t go, I expect them to forgo having the best match they can in favour of telling a story and working the whole match around Tanahashi’s injuries. As for the finish, if Tanahashi is taking time off, which he should but whether he will or not is another matter, then White should win and I expect him to in that scenario. But if Tanahashi is not taking time off, which would be insanity but is probably what he’ll end up doing, then White winning isn’t a given, even though it makes all the sense in the world. Tanahashi is injured, which everyone knows, and it gives him something of an ‘out’ for the loss, and it keeps the program going longer with White winning the first match.

The time is right for White to win, especially as Tanahashi loses nothing in losing right now and White would, I think, lose credibility in not being able to beat someone who is clearly injured to the point that he needs time off. I expect White to win and would be disappointed, and not in a good way, if he didn’t.

Marty Scurll © vs. Hiromu Takahashi vs. Kushida vs. Will Ospreay I think we’ll get the wrestling version of an action movie where the writers have focused so much on cramming in as many stunts as they can, that they forget to pay attention to the plot. I have no doubt that this will be an athletic and exciting and match and that we’ll see some very creative and innovative spots. And I have no doubt that I, along with many others, will be popping frequently as a result of most of those spots. But I have equally no doubt that, while everything will be great in the moment, once the moment is gone, there will be nothing substantive left. That’s not to take away from the effort of those involved. And I’m sure it’ll be a great match as matches of this ilk go and I fully expect to enjoy it a lot. I just don’t think it’ll make an impact beyond the superficial.

As for the outcome, I’ll go for Takahashi and Kushida to take each other out, leaving Scurll to sneak one over on Ospreay and slip out with the title.

BTB Newcomer of the Year 2012
    BTB of the Year 2012

Thread Information