Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920

Thread: NJPW Wrestle Kingdom 12 - January 4th 2018

Sky Blue Hyper Technican

Status
      Country                    Great Britain

Re: NJPW Wrestle Kingdom 12 - January 4th 2018

Suppose that would make sense since Himoru was constantly stopped when he went to challenge the Jr Champ. Then again, the world tag league and the promos both cut made it seem like Himoru vs Ospreay was going to be a main part of the match but that wasn't the case. Anyway, doesn't really matter now since they are having a match at New Beginnings for the title.
    Spoiler:

Status
      Country                    Jamaica

Well, Hiromu had Ospreay beaten during the match which was a way of continuing the rivalry between the pair. It'd have been silly to make it the focal of the match when there's two other dudes involved (and neither Hiromu or Ospreay is the champ at that point in time). I think it worked out well to eventually lead to Ospreay/Hiromu. You had KUSHIDA be a nonfactor for the most part and Ospreay got his win back on Scurll whilst Hiromu had the match won and had it snatched from him (which plays into him being constantly screwed over).

IMPORTANT MESSAGE

Spoiler:

~~ WE ARE ALL ONE~~
    Spoiler:

Sky Blue Hyper Technican

Status

All I'm saying is that the weeks leading up to the 4-Way, didn't match the story in the match, rather it was hinting at a future match which was well done. It does give them a reason to wrestle at New Beginnings rather then the normal "I want to challenge you with nothing else to it" build. I still would've liked a bit more between the two in the match other then Ospreay taking Takahashi's win but that did add some more spice to their one on one match. As for Kushida, he was a non factor. Like you said, Ospreay and Scurll had a little story of Ospreay getting his win but Kushida was just a guy in the match.
    Spoiler:

Status
      Country                    Jamaica

Well, I'd say that the months leading to WK clearly foreshadowed a four way between them all. Infact, if you go back and look at 2017, it's clear that all roads were leading to this. Initially, I thought it was Ospreay vs Hiromu at the Dome for the belt because of the obvious LIJ vs CHAOS theme and I was wrong when Scurll beat Ospreay. I don't think it would have been smart to make the entire story of the match revolve around Hiromu/Ospreay because Scurll was the champion at the point in time. It'd have made more sense if Ospreay was champion going into WK perhaps. Given the focus on Ospreay/Hiromu, the WK match served its purpose for the rivalry and provided enough story to keep the feud in the minds of the viewers and add to it. But they still had to do it with KUSHIDA and Scurll too. So, in my mind, they kept up with what Hiromu's story has been with the other three. I'd argue the point of the match was that those were the four clear top juniors of the year - and it's been a chaotic year for the division with so many twists and turns... just like the match. Chaotic and all over the place. By 'nonfactor' I just mean that it's clear KUSHIDA wasn't going to win the match at any point, I think his place in the match is valid given his history.

At the end of the day, they're just being massive cockteases with Hiromu because he's eventually going to win. I don't know if he goes over at NBG or not but I would have him win BOSJ (beating KUSHIDA, Ospreay and Scurll along the way) and then win the junior belt from whoever holds it.
    Last edited by RainShaker; 01-13-2018 at 05:27 PM.

IMPORTANT MESSAGE

Spoiler:

~~ WE ARE ALL ONE~~
    Spoiler:

Sky Blue Hyper Technican

Status

You were right they were indeed building towards Himrou Takahashi vs Will Ospreay, the World Tag League showcased that excellently but it’s clear now that they were building it for a later date, not Wrestle Kingdom. The story told at Wrestle Kingdom was fine, I just wanted something more from Himoru and Ospreay’s interactions in the match. Not necessarily the focus but something more to progress the story a little more. It took a backseat to long term stories which I fine with as well. They needed to conclude the stories already told. Just a minor criticism of the match. Other then that, good match.

It wouldn’t surprise me if Will Ospreay kept the title till Dominion (or losing it and winning it back again) and Takahashi wins the BOSJ.
    Spoiler:

Ready For Asuka

Status
      Country                    Puerto Rico

Yeah it's late as hell, but I finally finished Wrestle Kingdom 12 and from the IWGP Junior Title Match to the last Match it was a wonderful show. Omega/Jericho was wonderful, it went from being a Street Fight, to a Technical Match and it kept changing back and forth impressive work from both guys. I gotta say I'm highly disappointed in Okada retaining the IWGP World Title over Naito! You build up this Story of Naito leading to this Match and the Match felt flat to me, and you have Okada retain lolz. What does Naito aka DA MAN have to do to have his moment in the Sun? Justice for Naito for real man, I love Okada, but Naito should of won that Match. Wrestling is a place to tell Stories inside and outside the Ring and to me why should I get interested in any feud with Okada considering he beat two of the biggest and most popular guys in Omega and Naito? Now I have to believe Okada can lose versus second tier contenders going forward? Yeah I don't understand the decision on that, and I wanna see what NJPW has in store for Naito in 2018 that's for sure. New Dash here I come!

Real Women of Genius
    Ongoing, click the link if you want to take a tour of Women's Wrestling
    HoHo's Excellent Adventure

Let's get the Time Machine and go back in time dudes and dudettes to the classics

Sky Blue Hyper Technican

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Kairi HoHo View Post
    Yeah it's late as hell, but I finally finished Wrestle Kingdom 12 and from the IWGP Junior Title Match to the last Match it was a wonderful show. Omega/Jericho was wonderful, it went from being a Street Fight, to a Technical Match and it kept changing back and forth impressive work from both guys. I gotta say I'm highly disappointed in Okada retaining the IWGP World Title over Naito! You build up this Story of Naito leading to this Match and the Match felt flat to me, and you have Okada retain lolz. What does Naito aka DA MAN have to do to have his moment in the Sun? Justice for Naito for real man, I love Okada, but Naito should of won that Match. Wrestling is a place to tell Stories inside and outside the Ring and to me why should I get interested in any feud with Okada considering he beat two of the biggest and most popular guys in Omega and Naito? Now I have to believe Okada can lose versus second tier contenders going forward? Yeah I don't understand the decision on that, and I wanna see what NJPW has in store for Naito in 2018 that's for sure. New Dash here I come!
    First, glad you enjoyed the show. And secondly, as far as your concerns about the main event result, I agree with them. I personally think Tetsuya Naito should've won but I can see why Okada was chosen to win. Okada is the guy that New Japan and Bushiroad want to present as their top star and what better way to do that then have Okada win in front of the new viewers watching the show? As well as them trying to make Okada iconic. Okada wasn't a terrible choice for the winner just the less popular choice.

Also, the story WK 12 was Tetsuya Naito getting the Wrestle Kingdom main event and it ended. Now, they could've had Naito win here as well but instead they have created another story for Naito, winning the WK main event and beating Okada. It gives the fans another reason to get behind Naito and reason to want a rematch the next year and come back. They finished one story arc and created a new one. The next few weeks have been great development for Naito who has been noticeable more vicious. Including attacking Milano much more then he usual does. It keeps Naito fresh and will only help him. As far as Okada is concerned, I think they want to finish off the Kenny Omega story. What I think they will do is have Omega beat Okada for the title and have either Okada or Naito beat him at KOPW and have the other guy win the G1 leading to the rematch between Okada vs Naito at next years Wrestle Kingdom.

This is just pure speculation on my part. I have no idea if that's the direction they are heading with or what. They could go with the direction you said you don't really buy. Having a lower tier guy beat him. But look at the rub EVIL got from pinning Okada in the G1. Would you have brought Okada beating Tanahashi at New Beginnings? Different circumstance, I know but the points the same. It made the lower tier guys look like stars.

Anyway, glad you enjoyed the show. Also, what was your thoughts on Hirooki Goto vs Minoru Suzuki?
    Spoiler:

Ready For Asuka

Status
      Country                    Puerto Rico

Quote Originally Posted by MC 16 View Post
    First, glad you enjoyed the show. And secondly, as far as your concerns about the main event result, I agree with them. I personally think Tetsuya Naito should've won but I can see why Okada was chosen to win. Okada is the guy that New Japan and Bushiroad want to present as their top star and what better way to do that then have Okada win in front of the new viewers watching the show? As well as them trying to make Okada iconic. Okada wasn't a terrible choice for the winner just the less popular choice.

Also, the story WK 12 was Tetsuya Naito getting the Wrestle Kingdom main event and it ended. Now, they could've had Naito win here as well but instead they have created another story for Naito, winning the WK main event and beating Okada. It gives the fans another reason to get behind Naito and reason to want a rematch the next year and come back. They finished one story arc and created a new one. The next few weeks have been great development for Naito who has been noticeable more vicious. Including attacking Milano much more then he usual does. It keeps Naito fresh and will only help him. As far as Okada is concerned, I think they want to finish off the Kenny Omega story. What I think they will do is have Omega beat Okada for the title and have either Okada or Naito beat him at KOPW and have the other guy win the G1 leading to the rematch between Okada vs Naito at next years Wrestle Kingdom.

This is just pure speculation on my part. I have no idea if that's the direction they are heading with or what. They could go with the direction you said you don't really buy. Having a lower tier guy beat him. But look at the rub EVIL got from pinning Okada in the G1. Would you have brought Okada beating Tanahashi at New Beginnings? Different circumstance, I know but the points the same. It made the lower tier guys look like stars.

Anyway, glad you enjoyed the show. Also, what was your thoughts on Hirooki Goto vs Minoru Suzuki?
    Goto/Suzuki I actually dug alot and I loved when my Father Suzuki started to lay in a fury of slaps and punches at Goto and he couldn't deal with it. I'm a huge fan of Suzuki, everything he does I love and Goto was the perfect guy for him. I pretty much knew he was going to lose and it was funny to see Suzuki honor having to have his get cut when his Hair is already near being bald anyways. When it comes to Okada and his possible challengers don't mind Omega beating him at all, just want the title off of him already. I mean he's good and all, but to me Naito and Omega are something special just can't put my finger on it, they just feel me to me as better champions and characters for the company. That Fatal Four Way too was also groovy, all four of those guys stock rose after their Match together. I thought the Ticking Timebomb was going to win the Title, but didn't mind it didn't go that way because I know those four will face each other back and forth in the coming months.

Real Women of Genius
    Ongoing, click the link if you want to take a tour of Women's Wrestling
    HoHo's Excellent Adventure

Let's get the Time Machine and go back in time dudes and dudettes to the classics

Sky Blue Hyper Technican

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Kairi HoHo View Post
    Goto/Suzuki I actually dug alot and I loved when my Father Suzuki started to lay in a fury of slaps and punches at Goto and he couldn't deal with it. I'm a huge fan of Suzuki, everything he does I love and Goto was the perfect guy for him. I pretty much knew he was going to lose and it was funny to see Suzuki honor having to have his get cut when his Hair is already near being bald anyways. When it comes to Okada and his possible challengers don't mind Omega beating him at all, just want the title off of him already. I mean he's good and all, but to me Naito and Omega are something special just can't put my finger on it, they just feel me to me as better champions and characters for the company. That Fatal Four Way too was also groovy, all four of those guys stock rose after their Match together. I thought the Ticking Timebomb was going to win the Title, but didn't mind it didn't go that way because I know those four will face each other back and forth in the coming months.
    I thought the match was great. Only 2nd to Naito vs Okada as MOTN. It's crazy that this match was not really wanted by anyone before had but they knocked it out the park. Made me a fan of Suzuki again.
    Spoiler:

Thread Information