Thread: Roy Halladay Dies in Plane Crash at Age 40

قلبيlهذ

Status
      Country                    Egypt

Roy Halladay Dies in Plane Crash at Age 40

Courtesy of CBS:
    Police have confirmed that ex-Major League pitcher Roy Halladay, 40, died in a plane crash on Tuesday afternoon in the Gulf of Mexico.

The Pasco Sheriff's Office announced in a press conference on Tuesday that Halladay was the only person aboard his two-passenger aircraft that was discovered just off the coast of Holiday, Fla.

"We are deeply saddened by the loss of this amazing and generous individual. Our hearts go out to Roy and his family," the Pasco Sheriff said during the press conference.

Halladay spent parts of 16 seasons in the majors with the Blue Jays (12 years) and Phillies (four). He was 203-105 with a 3.38 ERA, 1.18 WHIP and 2,117 strikeouts in 2,749 1/3 innings. The eight-time All-Star won the Cy Young in both leagues, taking it in 2003 for the Blue Jays and 2010 for the Phillies. He also threw a no-hitter in his first career postseason start in Game 1 of the 2010 NLDS vs. the Reds. He also threw the 20th perfect game in regular season history.

"We are numb over the very tragic news about Roy Halladay's untimely death," the Phillies said via a statement. "There are no words to describe the sadness that the entire Phillies family is feeling over the loss of one of the most respected human beings to ever play the game. It is with the heaviest of hearts that we pass along our condolences to Brandy, Ryan and Braden."

After having retired following the 2013 season, Halladay will first be on the ballot for the 2019 Hall of Fame class.

He was also nominated for the Roberto Clemente Award several times thanks to his work with underprivileged children. He and his wife, Brandy, had two children of their own as well.
    It's always tragic when something like this happens but this one hit me really hard. Halladay was my all time favorite pitcher and favorite non-Cub ever. I modeled my pitching motion after his when I pitched in Little League. He's the reason the Jays are my second team behind the Cubs. He was an amazing pitcher and a great man too. I'm so shocked and dismayed by this.

RIP, Doc. 1977-2017.
    صفر يحب الحرير ~

Follow me on Twitter - @DylanZeroSky

And check out my podcasts! Every week from the MLW Radio Network (Though I'm not affliated with Jim Cornette personally)

Eastern Lariat - Japanese Wrestling (w/Cagematch.net Boss STRIGGA)

Lucha Talk - Méxican Wrestling (w/LuchaWorld Boss Fredo Esparza & Spanish Translator MICROMANFEVER)

Circle Jerker

Status
      Country                    Hong Kong

Re: Roy Halladay Dies in Plane Crash at Age 40

this really bummed me out too. theres a special place in my heart for halladay and delgado, who stuck it out with the jays even when the team was dogshit in the 2000s. he loved flying and was always talking about his love of planes on twitter. truly gone too soon.

The Waffle King

Status
      Country                    Canada

Just read it and I can't believe we have lost one of the all time great pitchers. May he rest in peace.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    [07:31 PM] Stonewall Dakson
    : I have a good friend that lives near Seattle. He says I should come visit sometime but that is like the exact opposite side of the country from me.
    [07:31 PM] Jon Snow
    : theyve got planes for that
    [07:31 PM] Stonewall Dakson
    : And those cost lots of money
    [07:32 PM] Jim
    : send yourself in a box without any holes with the USPS. Best case scenario, you get cheap traveling, worst case, you're gone forever
    [10:00 PM] Kairi HoHo
    : Jerk it in my honor Dak bye.
    [06:18 PM]Stonewall Dakson
    : Guys, I am going to see President Trump tomorrow.
    [06:19 PM]Stonewall Dakson
    : He's holding a rally in the town I live in. Gonna skip outta work and go.
    [06:19 PM]Stonewall Dakson
    : Not the town I live in, the town I work in.
    [06:19 PM]RecyCocks
    : You should bring TGR with you
    [06:20 PM]Stonewall Dakson
    : If I was taking a long walk off a short pier I would gladly bring TGR with me.
    [11:40 PM]
    Kairi HoHo
    : Pretty sure I said I would go gay for Ryan Gosling just saying lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Kairi HoHo View Post
    I'll be fine Daddy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kairi HoHo View Post
    I mean it sounds hot to me. Some people work at Arby's and someone people just want to fuckmurder all night whatever floats your boat

I Want It All!

Status
      Country                    Puerto Rico

Easily one of my favorite Phillies players to ever come to my team over the years. I was there when he had the No-Hitter vs the Reds a little Birthday Present for my Brother we'll have that with each other. RIP Roy you're going into the Hall of Famer just sad that you never won a Championship with us.

Real Women of Genius
    Ongoing, click the link if you want to take a tour of Women's Wrestling
    It's Morphin Time: A Mighty Morphin Walkthrough

Scumbag Role Model

Status
      Country                    United States

You have got to be kidding me.

I think he’s the greatest pitcher of the last fifteen years. Such a damn shame.
    -------
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiZ-R View Post
    What the fuck is happening to you guys? I once got a blowjob where she used her teeth a little bit too much and I ended up with a bloody dick, I still enjoyed the blowjob up to the point I started bleeding. I can honestly say that I have never had anything I would call a bad blowjob, that wasn't a great experience but up until I started gushing blood I was having a great time!
    Spoiler:

I Want It All!

Status
      Country                    Puerto Rico

http://www.nbcsports.com/philadelphi...y-means-lot-us

I haven't been shell shocked by a player I loved watching or listening to involved with my organization death since Harry Kalas. Still can't believe he's gone.

Real Women of Genius
    Ongoing, click the link if you want to take a tour of Women's Wrestling
    It's Morphin Time: A Mighty Morphin Walkthrough

DECADE OF DOOMINANCE~!!!

Status
      Country                    United States

This truly sucks to hear.

2010 was the greatest season he's ever had, pitching a perfect-game, pitching a no-hitter in the postseason, he won the most games at 21, and won his second Cy Young Award. He was a damn good pitcher that will be missed in baseball.

RIP Doc

LEAGUE CHAMPIONSHIP ACCOMPLISHMENTS
    FANTASY BASEBALL: 2014 | FANTASY BASKETBALL: 2017-18 | FANTASY FOOTBALL: 2016

Captain Hammered

Status

Absolutely devastated. We were only lucky enough to have four years of Doc in Philly, but it was more than enough to cement him as one of the best people in Philadelphia Sports history. I take some comfort in the fact that he died doing something he wanted to do - something he loved to do.

Thread Information