Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Huge Surprise At NJPW Power Struggle

Mid-Card Champion

Status
      Country                    Wales

Re: Huge Surprise At NJPW Power Struggle

Quote Originally Posted by Baldrick View Post
    I always assumed Jericho was still under a WWE contract that allowed him to come and go when it suited him....The sinister side of me says WWE have given the go ahead here and will get something in exchange....I'm just not sure what.
    Nah, he signs a fresh contract each time e comes back. He does say all the time that he would never work for anyone other than Vince though. Given that, it could be that he's doing this to pave the way for a NJPW/WWE partnership in the future, whatever that interaction would be.

[Rock Me Amadeus]

Status
      Country                    Germany

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy Thunder View Post
    Nah, he signs a fresh contract each time e comes back. He does say all the time that he would never work for anyone other than Vince though. Given that, it could be that he's doing this to pave the way for a NJPW/WWE partnership in the future, whatever that interaction would be.
    Or a bigger WM payday for him once Vince panics about losing him to New Japan during WM weekend

Jericho's got a great business mind, no doubt.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

I'm off to London again, this time on two wheels. See here for more & to donate see below.

Mid-Card Champion

Status
      Country                    Wales

Quote Originally Posted by Postman Dave View Post
    Or a bigger WM payday for him once Vince panics about losing him to New Japan during WM weekend

Jericho's got a great business mind, no doubt.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk
    Lol. Also a possibility I guess!

Agreed 100% though, Jericho's a genius and a real gift to the wrestling business. Best in the world at what/everything he does isn't just a gimmick!

Johnny Cash Lis'nen

Status
      Country                    us=United States

Yeah rumor has it, he pitched using the NXT guys for his Cruise Gig, and the WWE didn't play ball, so he got in bed with the ROH guys to do his gig, and kind of opened the door for this.

Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post
    This news confirms to me 2018 is going to be a very interesting year in wrestling, particularly New Japan/WWE stuff. New Japan also announced their coming back to the US for a tour 2 weeks before Wrestlemania. Jericho's now working for New Japan and in a program with Bullet Club's leader no less, we know Neville has asked for his WWE release so I expect to see him there at some point, and I'm on record of saying ROH/NJPW is Danielson's plan once he's left WWE.

You are right on track brotha. Jericho's involvement with NJPW/ROH and the Bullet Club is a lot more personal than people might think. WWE and those guys are not friends. This isn't TNA. Not only that, but as you said, Danielson will be making his triumphant return, to set up for a build to WK2019 in his own match with Kenny Omega, who will be the top draw in the United States,

There is another company out there that isn't minor league, pays their guys, provides a safe work environment and allows them to work a style that they want to work. The tides are-a-changin.

and then there's CM Punk...

Scumbag Role Model

Status
      Country                    United States

I wouldn’t call New Japan a safe working environment after a year where two talents had career and life threatening injuries. Let’s not go that far just yet.
    -------
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiZ-R View Post
    What the fuck is happening to you guys? I once got a blowjob where she used her teeth a little bit too much and I ended up with a bloody dick, I still enjoyed the blowjob up to the point I started bleeding. I can honestly say that I have never had anything I would call a bad blowjob, that wasn't a great experience but up until I started gushing blood I was having a great time!
    Spoiler:

Johnny Cash Lis'nen

Status

Fair enough.

YES! YES! YES!

Status
      Country                    England

Look at some of those world tag league names as well, NJPW are really stocking up on gaijins having a working relationship with them.

Quote Originally Posted by RobyD View Post
    and then there's CM Punk...
    lol that guy can get fucked. He gave up on wrestling, and to return to the business after shunning it for 4 years just to tag along to a hot promotion that pays well to work a part time schedule to take the spot of younger guys who have been killing it all year would just expose what we all know, he's a hypocrite.

Johnny Cash Lis'nen

Status

He will return, eventually. I predict he returns to ROH/NJPW, they boo him, and then he returns to the WWE, tails between his legs, balls chopped off.

Isn't Lesnar/Heymans contract up after Mania too? I find it hard to believe that Heynan doesn't see the money in acting as Lesnars legitimate agent maybe two or thee times a year on major indie shows in 2018.

I also wonder, as NJPW establishes themselves more in the US, how will their relationship with ROH develops? Will it become territorial or will they continue to work together?

Sky Blue Hyper Technican

Status
      Country                    England

CM Punk will get a huge pop in his return then he will get booed unless he puts over talent.
    Spoiler:

Milano Forever!

Thread Information