Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Mile High 2017 Promo Discussion Thread

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Circle Jerker

Status
      Country                    Hong Kong

Mile High 2017 Promo Discussion Thread

Discuss promos here. Please be generous with your time and review each others work.

Curtain Jerker

Status
      Country                    United States

Re: Mile High 2017 Promo Discussion Thread

I gotta say I'm proud of my promo. Hopefully I did ok with the color coordinated dialogue this time. It's not my thing but hopefully it was done decently on my part.

Underdog

Status

With patience, relaxed concentration and some extra effort at getting it all right-the phone isn't really that difficult to nail down properly.

Chikara Trainee

Status

It's like no one's showing their hand yet. Usually by like the second day, Hans has something up but not even he's getting in on it lmao.

------------------------

Underdog

Status

Quote Originally Posted by ONAMStar View Post
    It's like no one's showing their hand yet. Usually by like the second day, Hans has something up but not even he's getting in on it lmao.
    Yeah I've definitely been waiting for some activity but I'm guessing it's that time of the week again, plus I wanna say there's an extra week for this one, so maybe people are playing it at a relaxed pace.

Tacos Rule!

Status

Been super busy with work and have to go to Chicago for my job too Friday, not getting back until Monday. Not sure if I will get something in for this ppv. Since I have never been to Chicago before except for connecting flights I hope to get some sight seeing in. If I have time, will write something in the hotel room if I get my paper work done early

Had taken a 3 day weekend this past weekend but never found the time to sit down at the computer for more than a few minutes- did family things.

Chikara Trainee

Status

Quote Originally Posted by hanz gruber View Post
    Been super busy with work and have to go to Chicago for my job too Friday, not getting back until Monday. Not sure if I will get something in for this ppv. Since I have never been to Chicago before except for connecting flights I hope to get some sight seeing in. If I have time, will write something in the hotel room if I get my paper work done early

Had taken a 3 day weekend this past weekend but never found the time to sit down at the computer for more than a few minutes- did family things.
    Siiick! Hope you have tons of fun. I went there and I fell in love. Millenium Park is always cool to see. There's tons of used bookstores there too so pop in one of those if you get time. If you like Italian food, I highly recommend you go to Lou Malnati's (There's hundreds of them.) it's just amazing stuff. Portions as big as your head lol. If you're a movie guy, there's tons of movie landmarks there. Ferris Beuler, Blues Brothers, etc. Since it just opened, you can go visit the actual Pro Wrestling Tees store. I hear it's pretty cool to see in person.

Legit the whole reason Izzy is from Chicago is because I love that city. I hope you have as much fun as I did, dude!

------------------------

Underdog

Status

Siiick! Hope you have tons of fun. I went there and I fell in love. Millenium Park is always cool to see. There's tons of used bookstores there too so pop in one of those if you get time. If you like Italian food, I highly recommend you go to Lou Malnati's (There's hundreds of them.) it's just amazing stuff. Portions as big as your head lol. If you're a movie guy, there's tons of movie landmarks there. Ferris Beuler, Blues Brothers, etc. Since it just opened, you can go visit the actual Pro Wrestling Tees store. I hear it's pretty cool to see in person.

Legit the whole reason Izzy is from Chicago is because I love that city. I hope you have as much fun as I did, dude!
    *Talks about lack of promos.

Also has gotten one done yet*

Lol.

Chikara Trainee

Status

I have two big boys to post. Just finding time to write them lol

------------------------

Heel Champion

Status

The majority of promos come in on the last two days. Deadlines a few days away so let's not put too much worry into who's shown up and who hasn't yet. Plenty of time. Everyones schedules are different.

God of Destruction

Status

I too love Chicago. I wish I will get the chance to visit it one day.

Power Comes From The Response of A Need...Not A Desire

Underdog

Status

I went through it weeks back with Greyhound actually.

Tacos Rule!

Status

Quote Originally Posted by 1000Deaths View Post
    I went through it weeks back with Greyhound actually.
    I was in your neck of the woods tday- Baton Rouge t drop off case files. Dead tired. Enjoying what is left of the day with my girls and my wife. Won't see ee them for a few days. But am looking forward to Chicago. I know I won't get to see all I want. Will pretty much see what I can on Sunday which means a lot of places may be closed. Hope somebody is playing in the city as I can put it down as meals and entertainment.

Got to go to Houston towards the end of next week
    So I ain't gonna get a promo in this time.

Mid-Card Champion

Status
      Country                    Wales

Just waiting for a free day myself. My brother's been staying with me and my GF for the past 2 weeks plus my parents were visiting today. I'm on my own tomorrow though, so will get something done tomorrow I think

Heel Champion

Status

No worries, Hans. Family and real life priorities always first.

Enjoy the next month of jobbing to Yodakkey and Alpha 5000. Just kidding, bruh

Mankind's Boiler Room

Status

Getting close to start of my manatee season been working non stop plus having been in the best of mindsets will try to do it sunday

Mid-Card Champion

Status
      Country                    Wales

Not sure if that promo's good enough for ppv level. I'm hoping it's enough to at least put up a good match, but we'll see. Hopefully I can kick on and keep improving from this point.

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy Thunder View Post
    Not sure if that promo's good enough for ppv level. I'm hoping it's enough to at least put up a good match, but we'll see. Hopefully I can kick on and keep improving from this point.
    Tommy -

I feel like we're both at a disadvantage because we only had a couple weeks of buildup before this big match. So there were a lot of things that you and I both probably want to get out there, and so we're rushing them or forcing them into our promos for this week.

So with that in mind, I think that disadvantage forced you to talk a little more about Dave Sullivan than you should have. With a couple more weeks of build up you could have sprinkled that in, so I get that you wanted to get some of that stuff out there.

But now that you did, if our feud doesn't end at Mile High, I think Dave has to be in the back of Tommy's mind. Ty Johnson is the opponent.

Also, Dave has been in the FWA since 2012-2013, so he hasn't crawled out of nowhere. Check out Ty's bio, there is a link to my Dave Sullivan character's bio there. I kept it fairly updated at least with an extensive background on Dave before and during his career. There is A LOT of material that I think you could use (but carefully so Dave isn't the main focus). For example, there was a point where Sullivan was a drug addict, a murderer, and even in prison. Check it out...and also check out how he is a 3x X Division Champ

Overall it was good to read another Tommy Thunder promo. I'm not sure what direction I'm going to go yet with Ty's this week. I have a couple ideas but I'm trying to figure out some things. I plan to write something up at work tomorrow.

Chikara Trainee

Status

Well that's a weight off of my shoulders. ONTO THE NEW IZZY.

------------------------

Underdog

Status

The Thunder promo definitely showed good effort, it had some typos a small bit but hey. Though be careful with the"I know this guy from a past federation and we have a history". Deception and Gruber did that and it kinda didn't work too well because many were completely clueless of that entire history and I believe they wanted more details and focus on "the now" instead of "then".

Aaron Kendrick, the details of the scenery and extra thoughts about everything kind of lost my interest. It shows good character work to the point of I definitely see what you're going for, and I'd also say the completely blank, normal, non bolded or italicized parts could use some sort of formatting as well.

Maybe it's just being a stickler, but he said he'd "pay for the whole bill" ,and leave, but neither of them ordered anything, lol.

Thread Information