Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The NWA in 2018 - Billy Corgan and David Lagana's Vision

Mr. Victory Through Guts

Status
      Country                    United States

Re: The NWA in 2018 - Billy Corgan and David Lagana's Vision

They used up all the good will with those videos with those awful matches anyway, a lot of people gave up already that were all in. Magnus is uninspiring but at least is at a level that won't embarrass the company and kill any buzz like with Storm.

I hope they can try to recapture the magic of those videos with someone else. They really were great but the future is not bright.
    C'est Magnifique~

Follow me on Twitter - @DylanZeroSky

And check out my podcasts! Every week from the MLW Radio Network (Though I'm not affliated with Jim Cornette personally)

Eastern Lariat - Japanese Wrestling (w/Cagematch.net Boss STRIGGA)

Lucha Talk - Méxican Wrestling (w/LuchaWorld Boss Fredo Esparza & Spanish Translator MICROMANFEVER)

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status
      Country                    England

Put it this way. I would have prefered Ric Flair win the NWA Title from Storm over Magnus.
    Spoiler:

Milano Forever!

Status

Not only did they put the NWA Title on Magnus, but they did it at CZW's Cage of Death?

ECW/WCW vs. WWF Invasion

*You heard right, it's coming back. Look for it soon in a BTB section near you*
    HELLO, EMMA: SCREAM MAFIA 2

- - - - - - -
    - XX
    The
    Antichrist of WC/nWo Immortal XX -
    - - - - - - -
    Our shoes cost more than your HOUSE. Our watches are worth more than your LIFE. Our swagger might cost you your WIFE.

"Above Average"

Status

I'm actually kind of in the middle of being shocked and not surprised at all that Magnus got the belt. On one hand, I love Tim Storm. I got to see him wrestle here in Arkansas several times over the last few years and was really impressed, especially considering his age. Also, the man is a class act.

BUT, with the younger direction that the NWA seems to be moving in, Magnus seems like the more logical choice. I'm not the biggest fan of Magnus, but I definitely think there are lots of ways to go and make it work.

Also, I think NWA partnering up with all these promotions like House of Hardcore and CZW is awesome. Especially with the somewhat of a resurgence that CZW is found in the last year or so. I think they're definitely moving in the right direction. Definitely more so than Impact Wrestling has in the last several years. Corgan is proving his worth if you ask me.

Johnny Cash Lis'nen

Status
      Country                    us=United States

Hosting their championship matches at other promotions is just smart business by Corgan. He’s clearly doing this fiscally conservatively, with them only promoting one match at a time, he is trying to book the matches in front of crowds but not promoting a full event yet. CZW doesn’t carry a great connotation but whatever. He’s getting his product out.

Magnus winning is bittersweet.

He is leaps better than Storm and the NWA wasn’t gonna keep interest with the product they were putting out. I thought they could have protected Storm. Bring in really great wrestlers who are athletic to make Storm look like a million dollars while at the same time highlighting that he was old and losing a step every new match. Finally he drops it to NWAs guy, a great young wrestler perhaps arrogantly heel yet babyface in that he is so good.

Instead they exposed Storm with below average workers and uninspiring matches. Then dropped the belt to a heel Magnus.

The fuck?

We probably have to see a rematch too.

On the other hand, I used to enjoy Magnus a lot more. Maybe if we get to see him working with better talent it brings the best out of him.
    Last edited by RobyD; 12-10-2017 at 01:28 AM.

Although it was obvious that the NWA was going to put the belt on Magnus at some point, I am quite surprised that they made the call to put the title on him so soon. Once he failed to win it in the TV match, I figured they would just keep building Storm up so that he has a bit of a memorable reign, whether the matches are good or not, before eventually dropping the belt to Magnus. Instead, Storm just loses the belt a month after the big match that had all of the hype.

I wonder if some of the negative talk online about the matches caused Corgan to call an audible and get the belt off of Storm sooner than originally planned.

Sweet Meat

Status

I thought maybe they'd wait until their first actual show to do it. Maybe Storm wins it back at that show instead

Spoiler:

I solemnly swear I am up to no good

Quote Originally Posted by Steve
    I stopped reading when it became clear it was the same butthurt smarkf*g "real wrasslin'" crybaby rant on every youtube vid featuring Cena.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff Bagwell on John Cena
    But I think he's bigger than Buff Bagwell. I really do.
    [02:00 AM] Dakstang : girls ain't dudes

Scumbag Role Model

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Dook Gulak View Post
    I thought maybe they'd wait until their first actual show to do it. Maybe Storm wins it back at that show instead
    Bingo bango.

If they do at least they’re showing consistency of what the championship used to feel like even if the matches continue to leave a lot desired.
    -------
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiZ-R View Post
    What the fuck is happening to you guys? I once got a blowjob where she used her teeth a little bit too much and I ended up with a bloody dick, I still enjoyed the blowjob up to the point I started bleeding. I can honestly say that I have never had anything I would call a bad blowjob, that wasn't a great experience but up until I started gushing blood I was having a great time!
    Spoiler:

Sweet Meat

Status

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6FDr6v0jvv8

another good video minus hearing corgan. still struggling with having very little interest in aldis. at least he's paired with idol.

Spoiler:

I stopped reading when it became clear it was the same butthurt smarkf*g "real wrasslin'" crybaby rant on every youtube vid featuring Cena.

Sweet Meat

Status

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YsKqNCnTi20

I'm waiting for an actual show to be announced now. I think he said first quarter 2018?

Spoiler:

Sweet Meat

Status

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ACBxw6BbSbg

Another strong video. Ready for something to kick off, though. Seeing the Houston footage upsets me. Sell it to Vince plz.

Spoiler:

Thread Information