CWA World Heavyweight Champion
    "The Lost Soul"
    Brayden Bridges

Scumbag Role Model

Status
      Country                    United States

Re: NXT TakeOver: WarGames - November 18, 2017 - Card & Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by MC 16
    Also, where is Hideo Itami? He has an amazing match last takeover and where is he?
    He found out you were a fan so he retired.

ha got em

In all seriousness, you guys couldn’t have possibly thought that even in NXT, Vince wasn’t going to put his stamp on a match based from a rival promotion under his umbrella, right? I understand why the criticisms are there. I think the absence of a roof for high spots feels unnecessary and takes away the uniqueness but it’s not a completely terrible decision to neuter the cage. God forbid I have to watch another match this year that’s hard for the WWE to shoot. Good for the company for attemption to be unique and putting their own spin on it.

This program being the first experiment is fine. Not a lot of the better or more notable War Games matches had programs that I thought would warrant such a match. Perfectly fine time to stick the feet in the water for this match. People would have complained about any big feud or program that War Games would have been riled out for for the last sixteen or so years anyway.

I’m very excited to see how this turns out and the match itself. This got people talking, right? Even if it turns out bad, I would find it worth the trial run so if they ever did it again, they would know what to improve on.
    -------
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiZ-R View Post
    What the fuck is happening to you guys? I once got a blowjob where she used her teeth a little bit too much and I ended up with a bloody dick, I still enjoyed the blowjob up to the point I started bleeding. I can honestly say that I have never had anything I would call a bad blowjob, that wasn't a great experience but up until I started gushing blood I was having a great time!
    Spoiler:

YES! YES! YES!

Status
      Country                    England

Quote Originally Posted by Zero View Post
    On the third hand, Adam Cole gets a main event push & he's in the opener. There are no planets in the universe where that's a good call
    As big as a Chris Hero fan as I am, I can see why it's a good call. Adam Cole is younger, in better shape, more over especially with the type of crowds that go to NXT shows, more marketable and will one day be on the main roster. Chris Hero is the better wrestler for sure, but doesn't scream WWE superstar, will never be on the main roster and honestly I think he signed with NXT knowing full well what his role there was going to be so I've stopped complaining about it now. I think long term he's going to settle into a trainer/backstage role in the company in the coming years.

Women's Title: This has been my favorite of all the buildups simply because it's a match where all 4 outcomes are possible and there are legit reasons for each one although just the battle royal and 3 ways haven't been led to a heated feud. I have a theory that the main roster will be getting some reinforcements in terms of women and if they're calling someone up, bringing the Duo up makes the most sense so that takes out Peyton. Ember I think is my least favorite of them all and it feels like a wet fart to have her get her big title win now right after Asuka left. Cross is my personal favorite and I think the best overall performer. With Sanity holding the tag titles I think there's a chance. BUT I think there's the most benefit for Kairi winning via putting over the MYC and hopefully learning something from jobbing out TJP so fast. Plus Kairi's a great wrestler. Any of her, Cross, or Peyton winning would have me ecstatic. I have to admit I wish they'd stop leaning on these multi-women matches as much as they do but this should be good.
    Kairi's the one person I would be extremely surprised if they won. The 4 way stipulation feels like it's there to have Kairi lose without being pinned to remain undefeated because they don't want the title on her yet. If it was a singles match where it's Kairi Vs anyone else, I feel they'd have to put the title on her 100%, the 4 way gives them the out.

"War Games": Now first of all Jim was completely right about this not being War Games. It sucks. But more importantly these rules & this match just suck ass on their own. This has the makings of a total clusterfuck and some people on this website will claim it's good but guaranteed would be the first to bury it if any other show/company did half assed Attitude Era wannabe bullshit like this.
    some people on this website will also claim a match is bad before it's even happened.

Roddy to me has been the MVP of NXT this year
    I have it as Almas and then Oney, but Roddy has been good.

This feud is way too early to introduce War Games into this. It just feels like even the WWE knows they've done a bad job with this show & just threw something out there to get people talking.
    Given the nature of NXT tapings, we knew the match was going to be war games before the 6-7 weeks of TV played out. I can't agree with the logic of 'they've announced war games because know they done a bad job with this show' because they would of had to of made the decision first to have a wargames match before deciding how to book the TV shows out.

Scumbag Role Model

Status

I don’t like Adam Cole, but I too understand why he is in the spot that he is in and why Plus Sized David Finlay is in the position he’s in with his unflattering shirt and jean shorts.

I’m never the guy to body shame Hero but also I’ve found his work completely pointless on NXT this year (aside from the Itami blowoff) and wished he never resigned. But if his role is to groom others and then eventually train, then great.
    -------
    What the fuck is happening to you guys? I once got a blowjob where she used her teeth a little bit too much and I ended up with a bloody dick, I still enjoyed the blowjob up to the point I started bleeding. I can honestly say that I have never had anything I would call a bad blowjob, that wasn't a great experience but up until I started gushing blood I was having a great time!
    Spoiler:

Sky Blue Hyper Technican

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Darling Nicky View Post
    He found out you were a fan so he retired.

ha got em
    You sure did.

I guess this could mean he is going up to the main roster for the 205 Live division.
    Spoiler:

Milano Forever!

Scumbag Role Model

Status

Quote Originally Posted by MC 16 View Post
    You sure did.

I guess this could mean he is going up to the main roster for the 205 Live division.
    Which is a shame but the real shameful thing is that there’s not much more they could really do with him at this point and this is his best chance to stay afloat on the main roster. He’s just not guaranteed anything after 205 Live.
    -------
    Spoiler:

Sky Blue Hyper Technican

Status

Which is a shame but the real shameful thing is that there’s not much more they could really do with him at this point and this is his best chance to stay afloat on the main roster. He’s just not guaranteed anything after 205 Live.
    It's a shame the crowd doesn't care about the CW because that means no one would really care or pay too much attention to Hideo and Hideo is so good that he really does deserve better then that. But the raw or SD will just make him irrelevant as well. He is stuck, rather he leave WWE.
    Spoiler:

Milano Forever!

Mr. Victory Through Guts

Status
      Country                    Egypt
    Cole isn't a main eventer. He failed on the indies, his "overness" is all gonna fall under him just like with Nakamura & Roode, because their talent level just isn't very high. Long term it'll never work with Cole unless he magically becomes good at everything he's not. Hero's a better wrestler, promo, & more marketable even with his awful attire. Don't get me wrong, they're both going nowhere longterm, but if you unleashed the 2016 Ohno on NXT his upside is 10x more than Cole in every conceivable way. Do not buy Cole as any kind of marketable or future star and he's done absolutely nothing since his one good match of his career 5 years ago against Kyle to warrant confidence. His look sucks, his promos & in-ring work are both below average. A perfect Bullet Club guy. Ohno hasn't had any chance

I'm getting tired of getting misquoted. I'm not judging the match itself as bad before it happens, but I am judging the match rules and bad booking, and the change of the roof and all that? It doesn't matter to me that

much about the past which is overrated as a match concept, the problem I have with this match is the match rules themselves are bad and imbalanced. The booking sucks. I don't think the workers can mesh well but that doesn't mean I'm judging the match, it's just my expectations are low. If it does turn out to be good which I'm not saying won't happen, but if it does it'll be 100% because the wrestlers stepped up & it won't change that this match type & booking blow which is completely fair to say right now.

Almas & Oney are both great too, but I enjoyed Roddy's storyline & character vids more. All 3 are great in-ring. Wish they were feuding for the title rather than Drew & Cole.
    Angels in Flight~

Follow me on Twitter - @DylanZeroSky

And check out my podcasts! Every week from the MLW Radio Network (Though I'm not affliated with Jim Cornette personally)

Eastern Lariat - Japanese Wrestling (w/Cagematch.net Boss STRIGGA)

Lucha Talk - Méxican Wrestling (w/LuchaWorld Boss Fredo Esparza & Spanish Translator MICROMANFEVER)

Mr. Victory Through Guts

Status

Also ftr I have no beef with the company for not pushing Ohno or Itami for that matter more on their own merits. I'm not saying they have huge upside and a mentor role to the Lars types of the world is a fine idea from a company perspective. I do not like it when people like Drew and Cole get chance after chance in their careers and get overrated by people online, constantly flop at every opportunity and pretty much show nothing in the ring or on the mic (Drew is one of the worst promos in wrestling imo, even Cole is at least below average - average most of the time), and meanwhile someone like Ohno or Itami or Oney who could break out if given the care that they give these other guys and be a hell of a lot better languish because someone backstage doesn't like them.
    Angels in Flight~

And check out my podcasts! Every week from the MLW Radio Network (Though I'm not affliated with Jim Cornette personally)

Lucha Talk - Méxican Wrestling (w/LuchaWorld Boss Fredo Esparza & Spanish Translator MICROMANFEVER)

Scumbag Role Model

Status

Okay once again I’m not a Cole supporter and I hate “misquoting” you but you really have to explain how Adam Cole “failed on the indies”.
    -------
    Spoiler:

Mr. Victory Through Guts

Status

Okay once again I’m not a Cole supporter and I hate “misquoting” you but you really have to explain how Adam Cole “failed on the indies”.
    Look at his ROH Title Reign and how big of a jump forward they took when he left even with their equally crappy roster. PWG was a dream match company to which he made no difference except making all his matches worse. Same with Drew. Didn't make a single difference to TNA and EVOLVE got their most notoriety & popularity as soon as they depushed him & focused on Thatcher/Gulak/Biff/etc. Their title reigns and really entire indie careers will never be remembered as anything special or in any kind of positive light. When given the highest push possible that to me is a failure.
    Angels in Flight~

I had no idea that one could be a failure on the indies when they were also one of the more popular and biggest acts on the indies.

Scumbag Role Model

Status

I assumed that’s what you meant and I agree with some of those points, but even if he didn’t leave much of an impact that guys have done before him, I can’t really call him a failure on the indies, much in the same way I can’t instantly call this War Games a failure.

I know it sounds dumb and watered down as an accomplishment but getting the development deal pretty much says he wasn’t, especially since it was looking like he was never going to at a point any way.

And I think he made a bigger impact than you give him credit for because he was accompanying The Young Bucks around the time it began to be clear you don’t have to be in the big leagues to be successful and make money. And his presence in PWG really change the promotion because they weren’t doing jackshit for stories or angles for a few years and then they decided to let him roll as a big time heel before anyone else else did and more people began to get intrigued by those 2012/2013 shows when he was telling everyone to “suck his dick” and Mount Rushmore happened. That’s a lot more than what was happening previously (and honestly after) in PWG.

I can’t overstate how much of an detractor I am of Adam Cole’s but I cannot seriously call someone who managed to main event and have a presence in two top American independents, be a part of the biggest attraction in wrestling today, defend titles in New Japan, make a good living and be a name, and then get a WWE contract a failure. No matter how you see any of that in this day of age, it’s still a hefty plate for an independent wrestler. And ROH “jumping forward” is because they learned to book Kenny Omega and New Japan gimmicks, which I’m sure would have outdone most people in Cole’s position and isn’t a proper reflection on him.

By your logic, Roderick Strong, Tyler Black, Austin Aries, Chris Hero, El Generico, etc were all failures on the independent scene because honestly I didn’t see huge jumps forward when they were given the ball to the companies as a whole.
    Last edited by Tennessee Nicky; 11-18-2017 at 04:53 PM.
    -------
    Spoiler:

YES! YES! YES!

Status

Cole not being a marketable star, but a perfect Bullet Club member feels like a contradiction. Bullet Club are THE most marketable thing about independent wrestling and Adam Cole BAYBAY would still be apart of the 'Being The Elite' crew had he not left ROH for NXT.

Mr. Victory Through Guts

Status

I gotta give Nicky props. You made some good points & I can concede that failure's a bit too far. He did have his successes. I just don't think anything we've seen translates to anything except someone who got overpushed and his "popularity" has largely been the result of being associated with others like YB & the BC. How far do you guys really think that can take him in WWE if he stays how he is? Name me 5 great Adam Cole singles bouts after the KOR match. I just don't see him as a main event talent long term, most people will have forgotten he was a BC member a year from now imo and then what? He's just Adam Cole. To me he just comes acrossed like another Nakamura or Roode type person who gets overpushed and won't be successful long term or even short term really.

I may be wrong.
    Angels in Flight~

Sky Blue Hyper Technican

Status

His ladder war match with Jay Briscoe at Supercard of Honor was really good, as was his match with Elgin at Best In the World (even if over booked), his Jay Lethal match Death Before Dishonor. Adam Cole had a great match with AJ Styles once.
    Spoiler:

Milano Forever!

Scumbag Role Model

Status

Okay, I’m not going to debate his work rate because some of those matches aren’t great

But he’s definitely not a failure.
    -------
    Spoiler:

Mr. Victory Through Guts

Status

Quote Originally Posted by MC 16 View Post
    His ladder war match with Jay Briscoe at Supercard of Honor was really good, as was his match with Elgin at Best In the World (even if over booked), his Jay Lethal match Death Before Dishonor. Adam Cole had a great match with AJ Styles once.
    I disagree with literally all of these being "great" outside of the Briscoe Ladder War, you got me on that one. Also that was one of AJ's worst indie matches. (Still good but still)
    Angels in Flight~

Sky Blue Hyper Technican

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Zero View Post
    I disagree with literally all of these being "great" outside of the Briscoe Ladder War, you got me on that one. Also that was one of AJ's worst indie matches. (Still good but still)
    Perhaps the use of the word great was a bit exaggerated since I did struggle to think of them to be honest but they are good matches.
    Spoiler:

Milano Forever!

Sweet Meat

Status

People would have been equally as mad if they kept the roof and the match was a plodding stinker because of lack of or little blood. Opening it up offers more excitement. And as mentioned, it'll be better to film. Can see why someone wanting the original concept would be upset, but it wouldn't be good by doing the original concept in this era and restrictions.

With that said, hoping Cole's wound reopens

Spoiler:

I solemnly swear I am up to no good

Quote Originally Posted by Steve
    I stopped reading when it became clear it was the same butthurt smarkf*g "real wrasslin'" crybaby rant on every youtube vid featuring Cena.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff Bagwell on John Cena
    But I think he's bigger than Buff Bagwell. I really do.
    [02:00 AM] Dakstang : girls ain't dudes

Thread Information