Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread: NXT TakeOver: WarGames - November 18, 2017 - Card & Discussion

Scumbag Role Model

Status
      Country                    United States

Re: NXT TakeOver: WarGames - November 18, 2017 - Card & Discussion

I also agree that Undisputed were the weaker workers in the match but they had a few highlights (mostly Kyle hitting himself with a chair )
    -------
    [07:37 PM] Shake: I am obsessed with Nicky its true
    People Obsessed With Nicky: RainShaker, indyfan
    -------
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiZ-R View Post
    What the fuck is happening to you guys? I once got a blowjob where she used her teeth a little bit too much and I ended up with a bloody dick, I still enjoyed the blowjob up to the point I started bleeding. I can honestly say that I have never had anything I would call a bad blowjob, that wasn't a great experience but up until I started gushing blood I was having a great time!

Momoiro Nekketsu Seinen S-Mod

Status
      Country                    United States

Quote Originally Posted by Darling Nicky View Post
    I also agree that Undisputed were the weaker workers in the match but they had a few highlights (mostly Kyle hitting himself with a chair )
    That was awesome.
    HEADBUTT~

Keep Dreaming~

Follow me on Twitter - @DylanZeroSky

And check out my podcasts! Every week from the MLW Radio Network (Though I'm not affliated with Jim Cornette personally)

Eastern Lariat - Japanese Wrestling (w/Cagematch.net Boss STRIGGA)

Lucha Talk - Méxican Wrestling (w/LuchaWorld Boss Fredo Esparza & Spanish Translator MICROMANFEVER)

WRAITH BABES!!

Status

Man I must really be a shit wrestling fan because I love all 3 guys in UE and thought they had some good spots.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

THE 559

Status
      Country                    Ireland

Quote Originally Posted by Chest Rockwell View Post
    Man I must really be a shit wrestling fan because I love all 3 guys in UE and thought they had some good spots.

Bobby Fish is cool. Dunno about Cole or Kyle. Kyle's stances tho

Thought their spots were fine. I liked the running attacks into the cage as well.
    LUCHA! LUCHA! LUCHA!

People's Champion

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Chest Rockwell View Post

I love all three as well. They did have good spots. They can also do good to great promo work. But I agree with the others, they were the weaker of the three teams.

I'm happy they won though.
    Here fishy fishy fishy.......

[Blank Space]

Status
      Country                    UK

I'm a Kyle mark so I can't hate Undisputed Era fully. They were absolutely the weakest team in War Games though.

I don't hate Adam Cole, but I certainly don't see what a lot of people see in him. And after Takeover, there's so many other more interesting acts I'd rather see pushed instead of his inevitable NXT title programme.

FUCK FACE

Status
      Country                    England

I think once reDRagon are allowed to get a few more tag matches under their belt, they'll fit in well in NXT. Kyle was pretty great last year.

Sweet Meat

Status

Think people are being harsh on UE, especially Cole, in part due to what a bore he became before he was signed. Can't blame em, but don't agree either. They've been fine at worst, but I find them entertaining. Less so than Authors and Sanity, but they rule

Spoiler:

I solemnly swear I am up to no good

Quote Originally Posted by Steve
    I stopped reading when it became clear it was the same butthurt smarkf*g "real wrasslin'" crybaby rant on every youtube vid featuring Cena.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff Bagwell on John Cena
    But I think he's bigger than Buff Bagwell. I really do.
    [02:00 AM] Dakstang : girls ain't dudes

Status

I don't follow NXT, I just watch the Takeovers, and my god, they did it again.

The women's match was really underwhelming, and the Ohno/Lars match was a huge weak point on the card, but the rest of the show was so so great. That Wargames match proved that you can have a violent weapons match that isn't over the top, but can still be really brutal and felt with the audience. Dain put on a fucking clinic. What a great showing for him. Props to Wolfe for getting stapled in the middle of the match. So many great spots in this match, I really loved it. The "Undisputed Era" (god what a dumb name for a stable) really was very weak in comparison to Sanity and AOP + Roddy, aside from the obvious chair spot and Kyle attempting the cross armbreaker with the chain on Wolfe. Or maybe it was just Kyle that had the best showing for them, idk Roddy coming out in AOP gear popped me.

Velveteen Dream reppin' DC very well. I'm amazed he's only 22; his in-ring psychology really floored me. I feel like one thing really lacking in wrestling is the storytelling aspect. I feel like some wrestlers just put on a physical/technical/athletic clinic, which is fine in the grand scheme of things, but it's the telling of a story in the ring that can make an average match great and can really put a wrestler over the top into the "superstar" category. Great match, wasn't match of the year or anything, but was thoroughly enjoyable. And Black finally saying Velveteen's name was an amazing moment.

Sky Blue Hyper Technican

Status
      Country                    Great Britain

Kyle O'Riley is the bomb.
    Koi Suru Fortune Cookie

Sweet Meat

Status

Fish is the bomb too

Spoiler:

I solemnly swear I am up to no good

Quote Originally Posted by Steve
    I stopped reading when it became clear it was the same butthurt smarkf*g "real wrasslin'" crybaby rant on every youtube vid featuring Cena.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff Bagwell on John Cena
    But I think he's bigger than Buff Bagwell. I really do.
    [02:00 AM] Dakstang : girls ain't dudes

FUCK FACE

Status
      Country                    England

Authors of Pain are da bomb dot com.

Sky Blue Hyper Technican

Status
      Country                    Great Britain

Cole is.............he is okay.
    Koi Suru Fortune Cookie

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post
    Authors of Pain are da bomb dot com.
    Co-signed. My favorite tag team in the company tbh.

WRAITH BABES!!

Status

Quote Originally Posted by MC 16 View Post
    Cole is.............he is okay.
    He’s.......ADAM COLE BAY BAY

Friendship King

Status
      Country                    Australia

- Hi I'm here now, yay.

Imagine if that opening vignette hype promo had William Regal recounting the presidential address himself in preparation for War Games instead of playing a recording of President *cough*. It probably wouldn't have come off as well but Regal could make it work, you know he could.

The two rings side-by-side is quite a sight to see. I hope there's a fair amount of creative spots or strategies to play around with, since there's a whole extra ring. Does a pinfall count if it happens in a separate ring than the one the match started in? Oh man we need to find a reason to use War Games in CWA, the two rings would be so much fun to write around.

- Lars Sullivan vs Kassius Ohno
    Fun, okay match for a five-ish minute opener. Surprised it didn't go at least ten minutes, but it didn't really need to I guess. Pretty big win for Lars, though. A big win in five minutes over a noted name where he only barely looked vulnerable due to rookie inexperience and Kassius trying to elbow his frontal lobe out of his skull. Then after a solid minute of Kassius finding more and more ways to elbow the shit out of the guy's face, Lars kicks out at one. ONE. Someone must be high up on Lars. He had some pretty neat spots too, the pop-up powerslam was as agile as it was strong - would make for a great out-of-nowhere finish of he ever gets bored of the whatever it is he now has -, him plowing Kassius right back down after the latter's kip-up was like a very specific 'fuck off', and of course, there's this beautiful exchange:

*Kassius kicks Lars in the face*
    Lars: I WILL END YOU
    *Kassius quietly regrets his entire life's choices, before kicking Lars in the face again*

Told y'all Lars is turning into a supervillain. Who laughs and says 'I'll end you' in any context? SUPERVILLAINS. In one year's time he's going to be given a villainous backstory and a cape or something.

- Velveteen Dream vs Aliester Black
    Man I love the build-up for this one. A nice character-based feud with clear, different personalities and motivations. One's a Prince-archtype flamboyant narcissist who wants to other to break his stoic cover and acknowledge him. The other's a true neutral occultist who initially refused to pay the former any heed, only to be poked and prodded until kicking his skull out of his face felt like a good idea. Give me stories like this instead of 'X wants Y's title' anytime.

Props to Dream for the airbrushed tights. Very Rick Rude-esque, only the target isn't some lady, but his cold, calculating foe. Dream copying Black's meditation pose, only for Black to return the favor with Dream's vaguely sexual slither, is a great exchange of 'fuck you/fuck you' mind games. Even though Black won, Dream made the best of it and showed that even in loss, he can showcase his abilities and remain over. Plus, That little bit of cosmic karma of Dream getting caught up in the ropes, just as he did it to Black a few weeks ago, was a nice touch. Oh, and HE SAID HIS NAME. Black won, but Dream put up enough of a fight that he seemed to earn Aliester's respect, and ultimately, his prime goal: Acknowledgement & Recognition. Something as simple as that can be just as good for Dream as a victory could.

- Ember Moon vs Kairi Sane vs Nikki Cross vs Peyton Royce
    Aw, that brief moment when Peyton realised Billie wasn't going to accompany her to ringside made my heart hurt. Poor thing looked so shook, before powering on. What a lad. Give her the title now thanks.

Everyone except for Nikki Cross has purple in their hair in some way. Extensions, beads, dye. Must be a new trend. Can men to it too? I'll dye my moustache.

Fun match, as fatal-four-ways atypically are, even if it was a tad short for my tastes. Less than ten minutes, supposedly. Would not have picked Moon to win it, but I can see why they did. If she lost at title chances any more she'd be a total choke artist. Which, in itself, could still be turned into a positive story-wise, but that's a discussion for another day. In any case, Ember's still the last person out of these four I would've picked to win it. Royce or Cross, ideally. I mean, Royce had Cross pinned to the match for a good ten seconds while Kairi set up her elbow so in my heart, Royce is champion, but that's what happens when times aren't timed perfectly I guess.

For a brief second, when Asuka stepped into the ring and was gesturing at Regal, Moon, & title title, I thought she was going to be like 'this for me?!? thanks!!' before taking the title out of Regals hands and leaving the arena. Even when Ember wins, Asuka'll still make sure she loses. Obviously that didn't happen but the brief thought made me chuckle.

- Drew McIntyre vs Andrade Almas
    McIntyre's a beast, kicking out of literally every single one of Andrade's finishers - the corner knees, the reverse corner knees, the hammerlock DDT, just about everything. But that top-rope carry DDT that damn near crushed his neck was enough. Did not expect Andrade to win, but I'm pretty alright with it. Unlike many other Indy Dudes who came in as 'The Hottest Free Agent' and won the gold without a trouble, Andrade had a story. A character arc, from cocky upstart with a lot of hype, to lazy layabout who barely cared about winning matches as long as he still had after parties, to a serious, genuine competitor with the help of Zelina Vega. A three-act story, culminating in the talented athlete focusing his abilities into winning the crown after improving himself to the point where he could do so. Didn't see that with McIntyre, Roode or Nakamura. Great to see an NXT champion who had to work for it and didn't just win the gold a handful of months after debuting as the Hottest Free Agent. Great match, no real rough points. Hope Drew isn't legit injured, his arm got caught on the ropes as he was being dragged down in the finish and he immediately checked on his arm after the pinfall.

- WAR GAMES: Sanity vs Undisputed Era vs AoP+Strong
    Fair warning: I've never seen a War Games match previously so I have no idea whether this is an insult to the original or a fair spinoff or whatever. Is the roof really that important? Would a 4 on 4 be better than what we got? I imagine Sanity + Drew vs Undisputed + Roddy would've been the end result of they went on the 4v4 route, especially if they kept it ambiguous as to whether Roddy was truly aligning with the Undisputed Era or not. As I'm seeing it now, it seems very convoluted. Three men to start, one from each team, and after a set amount of time the rest of one team will enter, then the rest of another team, then the rest of the last team. Oh and you can't earn the victory until after the final dudes have entered, so have fun kicking the same dude in the junk for 12 minutes straight, can't win until those last dudes have entered so whatev. Seems like a cage match with more room and a timer until you can actually score a win. ONTO THE MATCH. Lot happening and I'm tired so I'll just condense it to bullet points.
    - okay someone tell me I'm not alone in that whenever I see Undispute Era- okay that's a stupid name I'm just gonna type CFO instead - doing that promo for War Games in that dark caged area, they look like they're posing for a pop rock album cover. LOOK AT THEM.

Spoiler:

'The latest pop-band breakout artists, CFO, have emerged onto the scene with their number one single, 'My Love For You Is Undisputed.' With heartthrob lead singer Adam Cole on vocals, mysterious bad boy Kylo Reilly on the guitar, and disappointed father figure Bobby Fish on the drums, CFO is sure to kickstart their way into your heart. Buy the single now and receive a free 'Fuck You Roderick Strong, I Never Wanted You In My Super Cool Kickass Band Anyway' bumper sticker!'

- Good to see NXT's making the most of their money with the Shark Cages. They could just sent a bunch of the competitors backstage to wait their turn but damnit they accidentally brought too many shark cages and can't get a refund, so fuckin' right they're gonna use 'em.
    - Man, AoP are such good buddies they got Roddy Strong his own AoP outfit. It even has his initials on the vest tag! I wish I had such fashion-sharing friends like AoP. First Kurt Angle gets a shield outfit for himself, now Roddy gets an AoP outfit. It's a little touch like that, despite neither Roddy nor AoP interacting for the rest of the match, that helps a thrown-together team feel like a cohesive unit.
    - Once Sanity got in and brought as many weapons as they could, the match picked up. So much fun, so many cool spots. Like, immediately, Wolfe improved the match the second he enters: Aside from random moshing at opportune times, he brings a fucking nightstick to a no DQ match. What a guy.
    - LOL at goofy-ass Reilly missing the chair shot, having it bounce off the ropes, and rebound into his own face. I started cackling like a hyena upon seeing that and had to pause for a few minutes, I couldn't stop giggling.
    - I guess if Shane McMahon ever gets injured, they can put Killain Dain in a jersey and have him do Shane's Coast2Coast. Would improve on the striking game too. No-one mention Shane's out, just replace him with Dain in the main roster storyline and play around him.
    - Fuuuck, Alexander Wolfe left a massive bloodstain on the table. As if SuperGerman Suplexing one of the AoP wasn't a bad enough idea, he takes a wood shard right into the back of the head. Keep an eye on the tables when they do that big pan, there's a literal pool of blood. Yikes.
    - CFO wins, as they probably should. Fun clusterfuck of a match though, no problem with them winning even though they were completely and consistently overshadowed by everyone else.
    - Ha, they forgot Killain Dain locked the cage and ate the key, so now CFO's awkwardly waiting around for the cage to manually rise as their porno guitar plays on a loop.

- Overall:
    I like how many of the matches had a fair balance of 'Indy Name vs Developmental Name.' Lars vs Ohno, Dream vs Black, the women's title and War Games had a decent mix of developmental talent getting a chance to showcase themselves. The months of 'Indy Name vs Indy Name for the sake of it for Takeovers' got very tiring, very fast. There were a fair amount of camera problems, missing spots or not getting a good view of things. Like Rezar matching Dain's fallaway slam/samoan drop combo being missed, or the Black/Dream finish before the replay. Time distribution could've been handled better, you really gonna crown a new women's champion after a 500+ day reign in a sub-ten minute match? Outside of War Games, they didn't really take advantage of there being two rings. The chances were there, but nah.

All in all, not a bad Takeover. It has it's problems, mainly production-wise, but none of the matches were bad or dull and the main event was fun as fuck, so whatever, it's good for me. Great coming out parties for Velveteen Dream and Killain Dain. Alexander Wolfe deserves props too for still holding up his end of the match after getting his skull cracked open. Andrade Almas has to be the MVP of NXT this year - great matches with a clear character and story arc, with Zelina to cover his only drawback.

- TL;DR
    show was good

THE HEARTBREAK KID

Status
      Country                    Portugal

Really enjoyed War Games and the ME was awesome! First real chance I've had to watch Cole, Fish and Kyle aside from their NXT stuff and I like them. Big fan of the other set of teams while I appreciate Strong but do find him a little bland and dull but he's a good wrestler and played his part really well. Kudo's to them all for delivering a quality match and hope it's not the last time we see this concept in the WWE.

Women's match was good. I called Ember to win the match and I think it was the right choice after coming close so many other times with Asuka. Asuka coming into the ring and passing the torch down was a nice touch and the four women delivered a good match.

Lars vs Ohno was okay, standard match to get going and continues Lars on his monster path- job done.

Dream vs Black was so damn good. I've enjoyed the build up and the match delivered.

I was surprised to see Almas win- but his turn around has been pretty damn good and I credit Zelina with so much of that because she's giving him a real edge story wise since joining and plays her role so well. Good match and it will be interesting to see where Drew goes from here now.

The only negative off the show for me was the production which I don't think I've said before about an NXT show but they missed a few spots with the wrong camera angles and did seem to struggle with the two ring's concept and getting their angles right and such.

Save What You Love

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Zero View Post
    Most of all the thing that irritated me the most, the 3 worst guys in the match were all Undisputed. Their control segment before AoP ran in was as bland as I can imagine. The prospects of main eventer Cole is scaring me from this brand. He's just so mediocre and this match was a huge success for everyone except those 3. Sucks people think Cole is a star because he was the 5th biggest guy in Bullet Club.
    I don't wanna turn this into a circle jerk of us agreeing with each other but I have to agree that of the three teams involved Undisputed were the least impressive and felt like they got the win because they needed it the most. The match was pretty bland until the Authors arrived. What worries me most is that it's clear all three guys are talented (although Cole is massively over-rated) and over but between a terrible group name - The Undisputed Era is meaningless nonsense that shouldn't exist, Undisputed works fine - dull interactions outside of a match situation and a clear lack of focus on what they actually want to do outside of being a "shock to the system" (which is SAnitY's thing and they do it inifinitely better) it seems like they might just end up bringing everyone else down with them because it doesn't feel like they're going to get lost in the shuffle at all and NXT is gonna be all Undisputed Era all the time for the forseeable future.

Quote Originally Posted by Darling Nicky View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Zero View Post
    That was awesome.
    It was hilarious but you do have to worry when you're most memorable moment in a match like this is Stooging it up.

I do think reDRagon are going to be fine in the long run. I get the feeling they'll be paired together regardless of the fate for this group and they'll have each other to lean on and hide each other's weaknesses. Cole could end up being seen as a failure though if he doesn't up his game; he's done nothing since his arrival that makes me think he deserves his seemingly inevitable push to the top of the card and I do wonder if even they are second-guessing his popularity with the title switch to Almas.

Mid-Card Champion

Status
      Country                    Wales

This show was great.

Sullivan vs Ohno was a good match. Very big win for Sullivan, I do wonder where he's going next though, could this feud continue perhaps? Ohno is another one who is pretty directionless right now as he's floating from feud to feud right now and it'a hard to see him getting into the main event picture. He's done literally nothing since returning. He had a title match against Roode and then since then he's literally drifting from feud to feud. The main event picture in NXT is stacked and the fact that Ohno isn't part of it (or at least hasn't been since he came back) tells me that they don't have much in terms of plans for him. I'm hoping that changes since he's very talented. I do wish that he toned up a bit though. I don't mind that he's put on weight but I do think he needs to tone up the fat a bit in his legs, arms and legs.

Aleister Black vs The Velveteen Dream. Wow. What a match this was. From the in ring action to the phenomenal storytelling. Best match of the night by far and for me one of the best matches of the year. Very glad that they gave them time too, near 15 minutes. Nice to see this end in a show of mutual respect at the end with Black acknowledging Dream and saying his name.
    Not sure if it was just me, but I feel that this could be a great way for Black to exit NXT. He said "Enjoy infamy, Velveteen Dream", so could be him saying that he's leaving and letting Dream take the fame from now, like an acknowledgment that Dream doesn't have to share the spotlight any more. Possibly. On the other hand, Black could be heading for the title in the not too distant future.

The fatal 4 way womens match for the vacated title was decent. I had Peyton Royce down to win as I felt that the could have continued her and Billie Kay's feud with Moon where they're claiming that Moon can't win when it comes to the big matches. Alas, Moon winning and finally getting the title, being presented by Asuka no less, was a very nice moment. I think Peyton Royce should be the next champion when they do the change down the line as I feel that Nikki Cross doesn't necessarily need the title and Kairi Sane I think is ore of a long term project in NXT. There's new blood coming in though I think so we could have a lot of possibilities as to what happens next.

The NXT title match was a really good match, very hard hitting and a slugfest. I was surprised with the result, but it was a pleasant surprise nonetheless. Almas has come leaps and bounds since being paired with Zelina Vega. He's gone from being a solid guy, excellent in the ring but with not much else going for him to a top talent who should make a great champion. McIntyre's injury is a real blow though. By all accounts they were set on calling him up to the main roster, which is why they did the title change as that was the original plan from the get go. If he has indeed torn his bicep then that's a long time on the shelf. A shame.
    As for the future of the NXT title I think it's pretty clear cut where we go now. There's 3 choices for me to eventually take the title off of Almas. Aleister Black I think is one option, though I think it's more likely he gets called up to the main roster without winning the title. We could still get him vs Almas though, but I don't see him taking the title. Roderick Strong is the second choice for me. I think he should have been the one to take the title off of Roode after that whole storyline with him providing for his family and stuff. They missed the boat there for me. But I could see them rekindle that story and have Strong win the title off Almas. For me though, the #1 is Johnny Gargano. They're doing a storyline with him right now where he's on a losing streak and is questioning his confidence, I think it's on a plate for them to have that storyline lead to Gargano winning the title down the line. And once he achieves that, who returns to face him? 'Psycho Killer' Tomasso Ciampa. Book it.
    I'm pretty sure that Kassius Ohno will get fed to Almas to give him a big win to establish him as champion, Strong too I think is in that boat. But Gargano is the man I think will take the title down the line and then we'll get that feud between him and Ciampa.

The War Games match was slow at times, but there were plenty of excellent spots in there. The start was very slow, especially as we knew that not much would happen for the first 5 minutes since they kept reminding us that you can't win the match until everyone's in the cage.
    I agree with everyone in saying that Adam Cole is grossly overrated. He's good, no doubt, but he's not as good as I've been led to believe by people who watched him before he came to WWE (I'd never seen anything from him prior to his NXT run). He also looks like a little child. He's got no muscle tone at all, he's what HHH would call a 'skinny fat ass' I guess. Can't fault his mic work but he's very 'meh' to me.
    anyway, Kilian Dain man, he was the standout guy in this match. A guy that big doing a coast to coast? Fair play, sir.

All in all, this was a great show, very enjoyable. NXT rolls on!

Thread Information