Re: NJPW Power Struggle - November 5th 2017

SWITCHBLADE JAY WHITE

Awesome.
    -------
    [07:37 PM] Shake: I am obsessed with Nicky its true
    People Obsessed With Nicky: RainShaker, indyfan
    -------
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiZ-R View Post
    What the fuck is happening to you guys? I once got a blowjob where she used her teeth a little bit too much and I ended up with a bloody dick, I still enjoyed the blowjob up to the point I started bleeding. I can honestly say that I have never had anything I would call a bad blowjob, that wasn't a great experience but up until I started gushing blood I was having a great time!

FUCK FACE

Status
      Country                    England

Fair to say that show shook up the Wrestle Kingdom card in ways we weren't expecting.

Scumbag Role Model

Status
      Country                    United States

Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post
    Fair to say that show shook up the Wrestle Kingdom card in ways we weren't expecting.
    Pretty much half the card looks booked now and the matches set look good at the least.

Have to watch the rest and the main event again but I wasn’t all too into Omega/Baretta and Ibushi/Tanahashi. Felt like Baretta had a great performance but because he’s with Omega he worked his ass off for no reason. Omega/Jericho is a hype worthy match but recent Omega isn’t selling me on anything.
    -------
    -------
    What the fuck is happening to you guys? I once got a blowjob where she used her teeth a little bit too much and I ended up with a bloody dick, I still enjoyed the blowjob up to the point I started bleeding. I can honestly say that I have never had anything I would call a bad blowjob, that wasn't a great experience but up until I started gushing blood I was having a great time!

FUCK FACE

Status

I'm sure Omega/Ibushi would of ended up being the better match, and might of been the bigger native drawing match, but I guess if New Japan are looking to make a bigger splash in the US, you gotta go with Jericho Vs Omega and the exposure Y2J can give you, especially months before you plan to return to the US for a tour. On paper, I think they're natural opponents for each other two because they literally both think they are the best in the world

Locks for the dome:

Okada/Naito
    Tanahashi/Switchblade Jay
    Omega/Jericho
    Jrs 4 way
    RPG3k Vs Young Bucks

Cody will have a ROH defence and Suzuki will have a NEVER defence, so hopefully one of those will end up being Ibushi which might be the only opponent that would make me interested in either hypothetical matches. Guess we'll have to see the WTL blocks before we speculate on the tag and trios title matches.

FUCK FACE

Status

Forgot to mention too, but Suzuki Vs Yano was terrible and a worst match of the year contender.

Scumbag Role Model

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post
    Forgot to mention too, but Suzuki Vs Yano was terrible and a worst match of the year contender.
    Just caught up to that, holy fucking shit.
    -------
    -------

Scumbag Role Model

Status

Ospreay/Scurll was probably their weakest match in the last few years, but I do love the continuity of every time Ospreay gets a championship, Scurll beats him for it.
    -------
    -------

The EST of WC

Status
      Country                    Jamaica

Wasn’t really paying attention to Yano/Suzuki and by the sounds of it that’s a good thing

Sky Blue Hyper Technican

Status
      Country                    Great Britain

Apparently Cody will face Ibushi at Wrestle Kingdom for the ROH Title. Bit of a disappointment for Ibushi.

I've gotten up to Yano vs Suzuki. So far, it's bollocks. Normally I like Yano matches more then most since Yano amuses me but god this is terrible. Suzuki has given up. Why is he always in matches like this?
    Last edited by MC 16; 11-05-2017 at 05:52 PM.
    Koi Suru Fortune Cookie

Tranquilo

Status

I thought it was a solid show, I really enjoyed Scurll/Ospreay, Beretta/Omega, and Kota/Tana. The juniors tag team match was good too I thought.

The announcement of Jericho/Omega has me excited, as well as the juniors fatal four way for WK12.

Rest in power, Flock U

Team Cyrus T is Best for Business

Quote Originally Posted by Ed
    Stop the hating of the E-Feds. If you don't like something, that's fine, just ignore it and let the people who do enjoy what they're here on WC to do. Mocking them to make you feel less of a geek for being on a geek on a wrestling forum is lame. If you want to not read their posts, I can fix that for you.

Scumbag Role Model

Status

Juniors tag was probably my favorite match on the show. Loving this Roppongi 3K push and I’m hoping the Bucks don’t prematurely stop it.

These pushes really showing how lazy ROH are with excursion talents.
    -------
    -------

Momoiro Nekketsu Seinen S-Mod

Status
    I enjoyed the Jr. Tag Titles Match, & Beretta/Omega was good because of Beretta and think he's solidified as a heavyweight & think he's in line for the Juice push in 2018. I was surprised at the cold reaction to the main event here, to me it was a NJPW MOTYC, 2nd only behind Okada/Shibata to me. Tremendous fire & passion from Ibushi & Tana. I have always been a big fan of Jay & him getting the title so soon could be awesome, but I really wish Tana/Ibushi was at the Dome.

I'm happy Jericho showed up because it was a rare genuine surprise in modern wrestling & shows NJPW is a real player. But personally I don't care at all to see him wrestle and Omega is currently at the top of my shit list. Was not excited. I also think it's important to note this could cause WWE to give NJPW unwanted attention in regards to contracts coming up. Admittedly it's kind of cool to see a competent company get a shot in the arm & to see Jericho but it's just not for me.

Everything besides those 3 matches are wholly skippable to me

but the main event elevated everything except for Suzuki/Yano which was a pathetic excuse for a title match. I would like to plug my recent Eastern Lariat because I went on a rant about how much I fucking hate Suzuki & this title reign which may prove entertaining because I'm sure you know watching it made me a miserable fuck.

Stars:
    Finlay/Kitamura: **1/4
    Dragon Lee and Titan vs. Young Bucks: **3/4
    SZKG/Team KUSHIDA: **
    BC/TenCozy & Makabe: **
    Jr. Tag Titles: ***3/4
    CHAOS/LIJ: ***1/4
    Suzuki/Yano: -****3/4
    Ospreay/Scurll: ***
    Omega/Trent: ***1/2
    Tanahashi/Ibushi: ****1/2
    HEADBUTT~

Keep Dreaming~

Follow me on Twitter - @DylanZeroSky

And check out my podcasts! Every week from the MLW Radio Network (Though I'm not affliated with Jim Cornette personally)

Eastern Lariat - Japanese Wrestling (w/Cagematch.net Boss STRIGGA)

Lucha Talk - Méxican Wrestling (w/LuchaWorld Boss Fredo Esparza & Spanish Translator MICROMANFEVER)

FUCK FACE

Status

I owe it to Tanahashi/Ibushi to watch the match again without one eye scrolling on Twitter for Jericho reaction. Still haven't seen Trent/Omega either.

Sky Blue Hyper Technican

Status
      Country                    Great Britain

Quote Originally Posted by Zero View Post
    I enjoyed the Jr. Tag Titles Match, & Beretta/Omega was good because of Beretta and think he's solidified as a heavyweight & think he's in line for the Juice push in 2018. I was surprised at the cold reaction to the main event here, to me it was a NJPW MOTYC, 2nd only behind Okada/Shibata to me. Tremendous fire & passion from Ibushi & Tana. I have always been a big fan of Jay & him getting the title so soon could be awesome, but I really wish Tana/Ibushi was at the Dome.

I'm happy Jericho showed up because it was a rare genuine surprise in modern wrestling & shows NJPW is a real player. But personally I don't care at all to see him wrestle and Omega is currently at the top of my shit list. Was not excited. I also think it's important to note this could cause WWE to give NJPW unwanted attention in regards to contracts coming up. Admittedly it's kind of cool to see a competent company get a shot in the arm & to see Jericho but it's just not for me.

Everything besides those 3 matches are wholly skippable to me

but the main event elevated everything except for Suzuki/Yano which was a pathetic excuse for a title match. I would like to plug my recent Eastern Lariat because I went on a rant about how much I fucking hate Suzuki & this title reign which may prove entertaining because I'm sure you know watching it made me a miserable fuck.

Stars:
    Finlay/Kitamura: **1/4
    Dragon Lee and Titan vs. Young Bucks: **3/4
    SZKG/Team KUSHIDA: **
    BC/TenCozy & Makabe: **
    Jr. Tag Titles: ***3/4
    CHAOS/LIJ: ***1/4
    Suzuki/Yano: -****3/4
    Ospreay/Scurll: ***
    Omega/Trent: ***1/2
    Tanahashi/Ibushi: ****1/2
    For second there, I thought you gave Suzuki vs Yano ****3/4 God it was terrible. And yes, your rant on Suzuki was very amusing.

Ibushi vs Tanahashi was fantastic, everything about the match was excellent. Ibushi's selling of the leg in the beginning, Tanahashi's vicious targeting to the leg.The emotion from both men, in the match and after was really good. Loved the aftermath antics with Tanahashi, marked out big to that. It was a very different type of match then we normally see from Tanahashi but I liked it. Ibushi was fantastic as always, shame he won;t get that Omega match.

Also, Jay White!!!!!! Wow, this guy is very very good. I can't wait for him to show us what he can do on Tanhashi's big stage. Looking forward to the match.
    Koi Suru Fortune Cookie

The EST of WC

Status
      Country                    Jamaica

I’m sure Tana/Ibushi was great, like Ed I owe it another watch since I was uber distracted after the Jericho bombshell. Trent/Omega was a pretty fun match for sure though.

I'm your Huckleberry

Status
      Country                    Puerto Rico

Yeah Ibushi/Tana was lovely, Jesus what does Ibushi have to do to beat this man when it matters with a title on the line. I hope we get an rematch between the two down the line, with Ibushi getting over the mountain. Now I haven't watched NJPW enough lately to know who Jay White is, and was the reason for him putting the Necklace on his Chest before leaving the ring?

Anyways I dug Omega/Barretta, loved the sliding German Suplex he did on Omega it was sick. Trent proved he belongs in the heavyweght divisions after his Match with Omega good for him moving forward for NJPW.

Ospreay/Scurll was a pleasure to watch you could see those two have had hundreds of Matches together the way they were countering each other back and forth was great to see. I never seen a Canadian Destroyer like DDT done on anyone like that. Scurll now is going to need to defend his title versus three top contenders oh boy.

Real Women of Genius
    Ongoing, click the link if you want to take a tour of Women's Wrestling
    HoHo's Excellent Adventure

Let's get the Time Machine and go back in time dudes and dudettes to the classics

FUCK FACE

Status

Ok yeah Ibushi/Tanahashi was more impressive the 2nd time around. First time around I think I totally missed that tribute to Shinsuke from Ibushi when he did his knee strike in the corner, a throwback to how it was Nakamura who helped elevate Ibushi to heavyweight status in New Japan and here years later Ibushi is facing Nakamura's biggest foe for the title that I still identify Nakamura with. I love that he's a free spirit and picks artistic freedom over money, but come on already, just sign an exclusive one year deal with New Japan and lets see more Ibushi main events in 2018.

Trent/Omega was ok, however I'm struggling with Trent as a heavyweight, it just feels too forced and he wrestles exactly the same as he did as a Jr. I really think they should of eased him into singles action by being a Junior Heavyweight because it still suits the style he wrestles now and over time he could evolve. I like him a lot and he's really worked his ass off this year, it just feels off to me. If I didn't know any better, I'd swear New Japan made the decision to bring back Sho and Yoh as the Chaos #1 Jr tag team and they tried to slot Trent somewhere else on the card so he wasn't an odd man out.

Scumbag Role Model

Status

I agree, Ibushi/Tanahashi was very good when you are able to watch it without Jericho. Passion induced and very dramatic.
    -------
    -------

Thread Information