Thread: TLC 2017 - Cedric Alexander & Rich Swann vs. The Brian Kendrick & Jack Gallagher

Rusev Day Smod

Status
      Country                    England

TLC TLC 2017 - Cedric Alexander & Rich Swann vs. The Brian Kendrick & Jack Gallagher

Quote Originally Posted by WWE.com
    Cedric Alexander and Rich Swann look to show the WWE Universe that they are the future of the Cruiserweight division when they battle Gentleman Jack Gallagher and The Brian Kendrick at WWE TLC: Tables, Ladder and Chairs on Sunday, Oct. 22.

After weeks of tormenting Gentleman Jack Gallagher – berating him as a clown and claiming he did not have what it takes to compete at a high level – The Brian Kendrick’s plan seemed to take shape when Gallagher attacked Cedric Alexander, revealing a much more aggressive side of the British Superstar. Since then, Gallagher and Kendrick have forged an alliance, aiming to weed out the Superstars they believe are weak. Alexander has managed to fight back against the dangerous duo, forcing The Man with a Plan and the British gentleman to increase the intensity of their attacks.

However, Alexander is not alone in his struggle against Gallagher and Kendrick. Set to square off with Gallagher – with Kendrick in his corner – on Raw, Alexander revealed an ace up his sleeve, as former WWE Cruiserweight Champion Rich Swann made his way to Alexander’s corner. Shell-shocked by the alliance, Gallagher was defeated quickly by Alexander, as he and Kendrick were forced back to the drawing board.

Despite their desire to weed out whom they perceive as soft-hearted, Kendrick and Gallagher face an unexpected challenge in Swann and Alexander – two incredibly talented Superstars that have proven time and again that they are major players in the Cruiserweight division.

Don’t miss this exciting tag team Cruiserweight clash at WWE TLC, streaming live of the award-winning WWE Network on Sunday, Oct. 22, at 8 ET/5 PT.
    BTB Achievements
    WWE: The New Vision

Spoiler:

Mid-Card Champion

Status
      Country                    Wales

Re: TLC 2017 - Cedric Alexander & Rich Swann vs. The Brian Kendrick & Jack Gallagher

The Gallagher and Kendrick alliance has been ok though I'd like to see more development there. Swann annoys me to no end, despite being a great wrestler. I like Alexander but don't get why he's still waiting for his chance to go for the title.
    This should be an ok undercard match. I think Gallagher and Kendrick will win this one.

Curtain Jerker

Status

Re: TLC 2017 - Cedric Alexander & Rich Swann vs. The Brian Kendrick & Jack Gallagher

Sorry but what is this match doing on a PPV card. It is not worthy. I'd expect to see this on a regular RAW show--and sadly quite a few of the other matches on this show are not PPV quality events.

Sweet Meat

Status

Quote Originally Posted by frisco View Post
    Sorry but what is this match doing on a PPV card. It is not worthy. I'd expect to see this on a regular RAW show--and sadly quite a few of the other matches on this show are not PPV quality events.
    It was one of the more fun matches, dude.

I kind of hate the mentality of 'these guys aren't big enough to be on PPV', putting them on PPV is elevating them. And this feud has been pushed on 205 Live and even RAW (with video packages to boot!).

Spoiler:

I solemnly swear I am up to no good

Quote Originally Posted by Steve
    I stopped reading when it became clear it was the same butthurt smarkf*g "real wrasslin'" crybaby rant on every youtube vid featuring Cena.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff Bagwell on John Cena
    But I think he's bigger than Buff Bagwell. I really do.
    [02:00 AM] Dakstang : girls ain't dudes

[Infinite Warfare]

Status
      Country                    UK

I hate this idea of "PPV" still being this sacred ground to people when they run so many a year now. Especially now they're all in the Network so you don't have to work nearly as hard at selling the whole card.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

I'm off to London again, this time on two wheels. See here for more & to donate see below.

Friendship King

Status
      Country                    Australia

Quote Originally Posted by frisco View Post
    Out of curiosity, what do you think makes a match worthy of a PPV slot?

Buildup & a good story?
    Great workrate to create a fun match?
    Star power?

If we use those three listed qualities as a criteria for judging matches as 'PPV Worthy' then I'd say Alexander/Swann vs Kendrick/Gallagher hits 2/3 of that criteria, and with proper care can grow with a wider audience to fulfil the star power qualification. And I get it, yeah, the 205 Live crew are already a bit of a niche subsection that doesn't get enough love and attention but you need to give performers a platform to perform on if you want to make them seem like they matter. It's how you build wrestlers.

GET THESE HANDS

Status
      Country                    England

When you throw (virtually) all your available star names into one 8 man main event, you're left with over 2 hours to fill elsewhere with your midcard. That opens the door to secondary feuds on 205 live. Most pay-per-views this would be pre-show at best.

Not that I'm complaining, it was a fun match.

Thread Information