Thread: WWE NXT Discussion: October 18th, 2017

Friendship King

Status
      Country                    Australia

WWE NXT WWE NXT Discussion: October 18th, 2017

NXT preview, Oct. 18, 2017: Six-man mayhem between SAnitY and Undisputed ERA
    Katy, bar the door, because unadulterated mayhem is on its way to NXT.

The chaotic collective of SAnitY’s Eric Young, Alexander Wolfe & Killian Dain will battle The Undisputed ERA’s Adam Cole, Bobby Fish & Kyle O’Reilly in a massive Six-Man Tag Team Match tonight on NXT.

The warring factions have been at odds since The Undisputed ERA’s unsettling emergence at TakeOver: Brooklyn III, when Fish & O’Reilly ambushed Young & Wolfe after SAnitY dethroned The Authors of Pain to win the NXT Tag Team Titles. Cole scored The Undisputed ERA’s first official victory against SAnitY by pinning Young in a singles match on the Sept. 27 episode of NXT. During that electrifying match, an all-out brawl erupted between Fish & O’Reilly and Wolfe & Dain at ringside, giving the NXT Universe a preview of what’s in store tonight.

Whether the squared circle will be able to contain the action remains to be seen. Don’t miss this colossal main event when it streams exclusively on WWE Network at 8/7 C.

Triple Threat Match to determine the next NXT Women’s Title contender
    The next Superstar to join the NXT Women’s Title Fatal 4-Way Match at TakeOver: WarGames will be decided tonight when Ember Moon, Ruby Riot and Sonya Deville square off in a Triple Threat Qualifying Match.

The winner of the bout will compete for the vacant NXT Women’s Championship alongside Mae Young Classic winner Kairi Sane, Peyton Royce and one other Superstar still to be determined in Houston on Saturday, Nov. 18.

Moon has been in pursuit of the title for the better part of 2017, giving former champion Asuka a run for her money in two classic matchups at previous TakeOver events. Though Riot has spent the past few weeks trying to figure out Nikki Cross’ interest in her rivalry with The Iconic Duo, tonight she switches her focus to the ultimate prize in NXT’s Women’s division. Former MMA standout Deville, meanwhile, looks to use her mean streak to force her way into contention.

Find out which hard-nosed gladiator will cinch her spot in the Fatal 4-Way Match tonight, only on NXT.

Drew McIntyre sounds off on the state of the NXT Championship
    Heavy is the head that wears the crown, and nobody knows that better than NXT Champion Drew McIntyre. Not only is NXT brimming with potent threats to his title reign, but the unpredictable Undisputed ERA appears insistent on wreaking havoc wherever they see fit, and not even McIntyre is off-limits.

Yet, as his successful title defense against Roderick Strong two weeks ago proved, the Scottish powerhouse is nothing if not a fighting champion. All he asks is for any would-be contenders to step up and challenge him face-to-face, “like a man.”

With countless potential challengers no doubt waiting for their opportunity to do just that, McIntyre returns to NXT tonight to assess the lay of the land in the black-and-yellow brand.

With Strong’s challenge behind him, what will McIntyre have to say about his future in NXT? See for yourself tonight when NXT streams exclusively on WWE Network.

Will Raul Mendoza be the first to deal Aleister Black a loss?
    No Superstar has had a more successful tenure between yellow ropes than Aleister Black.

The head-kicking Dutch destroyer remains undefeated some six months after he first stepped foot in NXT, and tonight he returns to action to face one of the brand’s most exciting newcomers, Mexico’s Raul Mendoza.

Can Mendoza, a former Cruiserweight Classic competitor, make the ultimate statement by becoming the first grappler to take down Black? Perhaps just as intriguing is Black’s mindset heading into the contest, given The Velveteen Dream’s recent attention-seeking ways, which center on the flamboyant Superstar trying to make Black to utter his name. With Black competing inside the squared circle, can The Velveteen Dream be far behind?

Scumbag Role Model

Status
      Country                    United States

Re: WWE NXT Discussion: October 18th, 2017

Whoever wrote the previews for this must have been on an idioms website or something. Who the fuck says Katy bar the door in 2017?
    -------
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiZ-R View Post
    What the fuck is happening to you guys? I once got a blowjob where she used her teeth a little bit too much and I ended up with a bloody dick, I still enjoyed the blowjob up to the point I started bleeding. I can honestly say that I have never had anything I would call a bad blowjob, that wasn't a great experience but up until I started gushing blood I was having a great time!
    Spoiler:

BLACKHEART

Status

That six man tag team match looks fun but I expect some kind of shenanigans to take place. The women's match should be good, rooting for Ruby but it'll probably be Ember picking up the win. I liked Mendoza in the CW classic and he's been decent on nXt so far, so hopefully it's a good match with Aleister but like the six man tag I expect some sort of shenanigans to follow.

Rest in power, Flock U

Team Cyrus T is Best for Business

Quote Originally Posted by Ed
    Stop the hating of the E-Feds. If you don't like something, that's fine, just ignore it and let the people who do enjoy what they're here on WC to do. Mocking them to make you feel less of a geek for being on a geek on a wrestling forum is lame. If you want to not read their posts, I can fix that for you.

Scumbag Role Model

Status

Pretty good episode. I thought the main event was pretty good and I though the ending was great. Love the Authors of Pain.

That triple threat was very good and much better than last week's triple threat. Ruby and Ember are great in-ring workers and Sonya actually fit in white well for her best showing up to this point. Very good finish.

This was probably the most I've been into the Black/Dream feud so far, but I'm still not completely there.

It's unfortunate that an Ohno match was the weakest point of the show to me. Not very good.

McIntyre segment was good. I'm glad there's a backstage interviewer showing personality and I didn't mind the bland McIntyre speech because it set up the Zelina Vega interruption quite well. Setting Almas up with Vega was such a brilliant idea.

I think I'm just to the point where I enjoy the Iconic Duo when they aren't wrestling and I'm sorry if that upsets people. Billie Kay's facial expressions are money and Peyton's closing line was incredible.
    -------
    What the fuck is happening to you guys? I once got a blowjob where she used her teeth a little bit too much and I ended up with a bloody dick, I still enjoyed the blowjob up to the point I started bleeding. I can honestly say that I have never had anything I would call a bad blowjob, that wasn't a great experience but up until I started gushing blood I was having a great time!
    Spoiler:

Sweet Meat

Status

Ugh, Nicky.

St. Cloud is bad. She sounds like an overly enthusiastic kindergarten teacher talking to her students in every interview she does. She does have some personality about her, but she's far from the Renee's or even Cathy's imo until she sounds like rehearsed and ..cartoony? Not really the word, but I don't know how else to describe it.

Spoiler:

I solemnly swear I am up to no good

Quote Originally Posted by Steve
    I stopped reading when it became clear it was the same butthurt smarkf*g "real wrasslin'" crybaby rant on every youtube vid featuring Cena.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff Bagwell on John Cena
    But I think he's bigger than Buff Bagwell. I really do.
    [02:00 AM] Dakstang : girls ain't dudes

Scumbag Role Model

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Dook View Post
    Ugh, Nicky.

St. Cloud is bad. She sounds like an overly enthusiastic kindergarten teacher talking to her students in every interview she does. She does have some personality about her, but she's far from the Renee's or even Cathy's imo until she sounds like rehearsed and ..cartoony? Not really the word, but I don't know how else to describe it.
    Eh, I'm not really associating with that segment being good, but I think she's fine enough and certainly distinguishes herself from the robots kept in the PC basement. Yeah, she's far from Renee but I don't mind her being like your dumb metaphor because it's at least a way to connect to the talent which hardly anyone ever does these days.

She's far from great but she's definitely welcomed.
    -------
    Spoiler:

Sweet Meat

Status

I think she's very cringe and needs an acting class or.. anything. Makes the talent seem like special needs kids (which is unfortunate) and not superstars.

Spoiler:

I stopped reading when it became clear it was the same butthurt smarkf*g "real wrasslin'" crybaby rant on every youtube vid featuring Cena.

Scumbag Role Model

Status

You're a special needs kid.

ha got em

Honestly I think you're looking too into it. At least she's trying and I can tell her apart.
    -------
    Spoiler:

Sweet Meat

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Darling Nicky View Post
    You're a special needs kid.

ha got em

Honestly I think you're looking too into it. At least she's trying and I can tell her apart.
    Its just always awful. Hope she improves cause I do agree, at least she stands out. Even if for all the wrong reasons/hair color

Spoiler:

The Bastard of Bolton

Status

Thought this week's NXT was a solid episode. The opening triple threat match was solid. Was very impressed with how Sonya handled herself with two of the more skilled women in NXT. Was kinda hoping that Ruby would win but no complaints about Ember Moon taking it. That segment with the Iconic duo and Regal was great. Really surprised tbh Billie Kay didn't get a qualifying match. Definitely feels like NXT is going out their way to say Peyton is the better one in the team. Black/Mendoza was a solid little contest but for me the main focus of course was on his feud with Dream. I'm all in on this feud between the two of them. Thought the drew interview was alright, definitely on for a match between him and Andrade Almas. Ohno match wasn't anything special. Part of me wonders if all his recent wins will lead to him being apart of the Undisputed Era. Would have no complaints about him adding some size to the team. Main Event was a solid little contest and I'm digging this Sanity/UE rivalry. Definitely surprised to see the Authors back as part of me wondered whether they would show up on Smackdown. Can't wait to see how they fit into this story.

Friendship King

Status
      Country                    Australia

OH MAN I'M LATE FOR NXT AGAIN AIN'T I COOL

- Between Ember Moon, Ruby Riot, & Sonya DeVille, it's obvious who was the odd one out in terms of experience, but Sonya really hung with Riot & Moon when it called for it. She didn't seem nearly as outclassed as I worried she was going to be. Good on her. Would've preferred a Riot or DeVille win rather than Moon, but whatever, fun match.

- Iconic Duo makes every single segment better with their mannerisms. The exaggerated eye rolls, groaning upon the realisation that they have to work for things, the seagull chatter for whatever reason that is. Can we get a special episode where Percy Watson is stuck at the airport so Billie & Peyton fill in on commentary for him?

- Velveteen Dream's mind games have worked. Just watch Aleister at any point during the match with Raul Mendoza after VD steals and wears his sweet-ass vest. He's significantly agitated, yelling with every strike and acting with such ferocity that he damn near Black Mass'd Raul's soul into hell. Even after the match he's trying the whole 'calm, centered, cross-legged still pose', but his arm is twitching and tapping like crazy. Could chalk that up to adrenaline, but the kicker is as Velveteen Dream exits, Aliester breaks his sullen, empty concentrated stare at nothing to cast his gaze on VD. That's some A+ character work. VD's broken through that psychological exterior of Black's without even touching him.

- Cezar Bononi looked pretty great in the ring with Kassius. Dude got a fair amount of offence and looked like he knew what he was doing. Still a bit green around the edges, but still. Ohno seems to be spinning his wheels, though. Needs a storyline to busy himself with. Wouldn't mind him going up against Drew based on them both getting released from the WWE and coming back with fire.

- Man, Sanity's working great as faces, and Killian Dain's a great hot tag. Pleasantly surprised by that. Thought the Authors of Pain were due for a callup, so their return surprised me. Neat main event.

Thread Information