Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The New Mutants (2020)

On Vacation

Status
      Country                    Puerto Rico

Re: The New Mutants (2019)

Yeah you never want to see a Movie get pushed back multiple times for reshoots I imagine, but Solo's film did that and they reshooted I heard more than 75% percent of the film and I'm afraid that Movie might not be good. I have more faith in New Mutants though the Trailer alone beats what I saw for Solo, just hope that everything goes well for them. No one really wanted to see a Solo film[why in the fuck didn't we get a confirmation of a Obi-Wan Movie yet]. I think a good amount of people like the direction of this film being Horror, just make sure you score a TD with this please.
    Last edited by Kairi HoHo; 03-27-2018 at 03:41 PM.

Crotchety Old SMOD

Status
      Country                    Canada

Quote Originally Posted by Kairi HoHo View Post
    No one really wanted to see a Solo film
    Yeah, no one wanted to see an origin story of one of the most beloved characters in the Star Wars franchise.

Ask Fuji|2020 Movie Log

​​​

Quote Originally Posted by Wang Chung
    Fuji- got his hint possibly town but also threatened Cox with a burrito up his ass

On Vacation

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Fuji Vice View Post
    Yeah, no one wanted to see an origin story of one of the most beloved characters in the Star Wars franchise.
    Yeah he's beloved, but theirs nothing special about him in needing to go back before New Hope. As for Obi-Wan, if you do what they did in Rebels and tweak it with Obi-Wan being a Logan type of feeling to it, trying to protect Luke from afar that seems more interesting to me than what is going to happen in the Solo film.

Crotchety Old SMOD

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Kairi HoHo View Post
    Yeah he's beloved, but theirs nothing special about him in needing to go back before New Hope. As for Obi-Wan, if you do what they did in Rebels and tweak it with Obi-Wan being a Logan type of feeling to it, trying to protect Luke from afar that seems more interesting to me than what is going to happen in the Solo film.
    This should really be in the Solo thread but fuck it. Nothing special? How about...

- Han joining and subsequently leaving the Empire
    - meeting and saving Chewbacca
    - meeting Lando and winning the Falcon from him
    - the potential backstory of Han and Jabba

I'm sure there's more but those 4 things seem pretty special to me and I'm sure that's why a lot of people are interested in seeing the movie. Stop using Solo's re-shoots as an excuse for this New Mutants bs. Solo didn't even get pushed back so it's hardly in the same category as this mess.

Ask Fuji|2020 Movie Log

​​​

Fuji- got his hint possibly town but also threatened Cox with a burrito up his ass

On Vacation

Status

This should really be in the Solo thread but fuck it. Nothing special? How about...

I'm sure there's more but those 4 things seem pretty special to me and I'm sure that's why a lot of people are interested in seeing the movie. Stop using Solo's re-shoots as an excuse for this New Mutants bs. Solo didn't even get pushed back so it's hardly in the same category as this mess.
    I mean they touched on all of that in the Comics over the years. I still don't know how in the hell you do all of that in one film.

Getting back to the New Mutants to me Apocalypse wasn't good at all, and I like they are taking a risk with this Movie instead of trying to do more of the same we saw in Apocalypse.

Crotchety Old SMOD

Status

Well if touching on all that stuff in the comics means they shouldn't make a movie then I guess they really shouldn't make any comic book movies at all right?

Ask Fuji|2020 Movie Log

​​​

Scumbag Role Model

Status
      Country                    United States

Quote Originally Posted by HoHo
    why in the fuck didn't we get a confirmation of a Obi-Wan Movie yet
    Why would you want an Obi-Wan movie. You’ve practically have seen most of his life in the cinematic universe. What possibly more do you need to know about the guy?
    -------
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiZ-R View Post
    What the fuck is happening to you guys? I once got a blowjob where she used her teeth a little bit too much and I ended up with a bloody dick, I still enjoyed the blowjob up to the point I started bleeding. I can honestly say that I have never had anything I would call a bad blowjob, that wasn't a great experience but up until I started gushing blood I was having a great time!
    Spoiler:

On Vacation

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Tennessee Nicky View Post
    Why would you want an Obi-Wan movie. You’ve practically have seen most of his life in the cinematic universe. What possibly more do you need to know about the guy?
    A Obi-Wan Movie would take place between Episode 3 and New Hope. I mean their is so much you can do and create on what he was doing that time. Obi-Wan was in his late 30's early 40's after Episode 3, you can't tell me he was just sat in a Hut and did nothing for 20 plus years lol.

The Flow

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Tennessee Nicky View Post
    We need to know if his dick is bigger than Batista’s dick Nicky!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The only time WWE came close to a good story line post Attitude Era was Undertaker/Mordecai - Dakstang
    [06:01 PM]Dakstang
    :
    Yeah I guess you are right. And I only want to be Daddy to my own kids. Sorry.

FKA RaiZ-R

Status

I mean... he's not wrong. When Solo got announced I saw/heard no one get outright excited about it. Most people were either down on the idea from the start or tempering their expectations because it's tampering with the history of one of the most beloved and mysterious characters in arguably the most successful and culturally significant franchises in the history of cinema. It's not that no one wanted it, more that most were worried they might fuck it up - which still isn't outside the realm of possibility really.

Ninty-nine per cent of the movie going fandom are movie only marks. Like me. Point one is something I never knew and genuinely sounds fucking awful. Han Solo isn't the type of person to join the Empire. He's a criminal but he's not a fascist. He responds to authority by wanting to punch it in the face and tell it it's stupid, and in my head (and I'd feel safe betting in the heads of most of the movie fans) he's been that way since birth. At no point would he ever think joining the Empire was a good idea.

Point two is essentianally two separate points because, again, most fans have no idea what you mean by "saving Chewbacca" and while many of us have thought about this stuff in the past the meeting of Chewbacca in itself isn't really all that important. Again, it's something that feels like it's been there since Han's birth.

Three and four, now those are appealing stories to tell. Absolutely. One hundred per cent... but to tell them you need the right casting, the right story, the director(s)... and that's a gamble and a half as we can see from the Solo trailers themselves.

Now, to tie this in with New Mutants, because this isn't a Solo thread. New Mutants has a better chance at being more widely liked than Solo because it doesn't have the baggage Solo does. Solo has decades of Star Wars fandom nitpicking at it, it has an actor entrenched in the part who isn't going to be playing that part, and it has a section of the Star Wars fandom desperate for it to fail so they can keep throwing "Disney ruined Star Wars" out there like it's a hard fact. New Mutants does exist as a comic book, obviously, but it's not on the level of a Star Wars. I'm less worried about this movie than I am about Star Wars because I'm less familiar with its characters, as are the large majority of the people going to see it.

I also wonder whether or not this film is being delayed in order to facilitate an easy tie-in with the MCU. I've mentioned this before, but given that it's the first film in the X-Men franchise with seemingly zero connection to the X-Mansion and it's residents, it might be very easy to pull it inside the MCU now that the Disney/Fox deal seems all set. This film might be ready to go but Marvel looking to control it's narrative in order to give the MCU it's first real taste of mutants. Who knows?

All that said, I really have no skin in this game and don't really care that much whether this is any good. It's a Fox produced X-Verse movie and it's likely the last under that regime. If it bombs, it doesn't matter and if it's not getting inserted into the MCU then if it succeeds it still doesn't matter because Marvel aren't going to keep it going separately when they can tie the universes back together and restore order to the galaxy.

Crotchety Old SMOD

Status

Quote Originally Posted by JT Grizzle View Post
    Ninty-nine per cent of the movie going fandom are movie only marks. Like me. Point one is something I never knew and genuinely sounds fucking awful. Han Solo isn't the type of person to join the Empire.
    It doesn't change the fact that it's part of his character's backstory. How do you think he met Chewbacca in the first place? I was honestly under the impression that everyone knew Han's backstory but I guess I was wrong.

Point two is essentianally two separate points because, again, most fans have no idea what you mean by "saving Chewbacca" and while many of us have thought about this stuff in the past the meeting of Chewbacca in itself isn't really all that important. Again, it's something that feels like it's been there since Han's birth.
    Who are these "most fans" you're talking about? I'm pretty sure a lot of Star Wars fans know this stuff dude. As for it not being important I really don't get that argument at all. Of course it's important. Han and Chewie are inseparable and you're saying you don't care why? How does that make a lick of sense?

All that said, I really have no skin in this game and don't really care that much whether this is any good. It's a Fox produced X-Verse movie and it's likely the last under that regime. If it bombs, it doesn't matter and if it's not getting inserted into the MCU then if it succeeds it still doesn't matter because Marvel aren't going to keep it going separately when they can tie the universes back together and restore order to the galaxy.
    I can agree with this. I'm a big New Mutants fan from all the way back when I was buying the issues every month in the local corner store and I don't really care about this at all. I'd like it to be good but I've long since gotten used to the idea of it being a total letdown.

Ask Fuji|2020 Movie Log

​​​

FKA RaiZ-R

Status

It doesn't change the fact that it's part of his character's backstory. How do you think he met Chewbacca in the first place? I was honestly under the impression that everyone knew Han's backstory but I guess I was wrong.

Who are these "most fans" you're talking about? I'm pretty sure a lot of Star Wars fans know this stuff dude. As for it not being important I really don't get that argument at all. Of course it's important. Han and Chewie are inseparable and you're saying you don't care why? How does that make a lick of sense?
    Every single one of the people I hang out with socially are Star Wars fans. None of them know the stuff you're referring to there. I don't even know where you got it from; comics, novels, computer games? You have to realise that not everyone's experience of the franchise is identical to yours right. There are more fans out there that just watch the films and nothing else.

As for how Han and Chewie meeting isn't important, I did already say it, but I'll say again - it's not something we need to know. Because you know it and feel like that story is a good one you're bias towards it, but ask anyone without that knowledge and I'd bet most would say they just assumed the pair grew up together or something. They just go together, we don't need more than that. It's a very delicate thing within the universe because we all have out impressions of how things went and if the film changes those impressions in a many we don't like it could reflect badly. Why touch something that doesn't need to be explained and risk souring the fans on it?

I don't have anything to add about New Mutants so maybe if this conversation is going to continue we move it to the Solo thread so as not to derail this one entirely?

Crotchety Old SMOD

Status

We could move it to the Solo thread but what's the use? I clearly think you're wrong, you clearly think I'm wrong and no amount of arguing between us is going to change that. It's really just a waste of time at this point.

Ask Fuji|2020 Movie Log

​​​

On Vacation

Status

Here something I heard: Antonio Banderas is playing a Villain in this film, no word on who it could be. I also heard we were oh so close to getting Jon Hamm as Mister Sinister! I would of dug that so hard loved him in Baby Driver.

Scumbag Role Model

Status

I like Jon Hamm but that seems a bit too ridiculous.
    -------
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiZ-R View Post
    What the fuck is happening to you guys? I once got a blowjob where she used her teeth a little bit too much and I ended up with a bloody dick, I still enjoyed the blowjob up to the point I started bleeding. I can honestly say that I have never had anything I would call a bad blowjob, that wasn't a great experience but up until I started gushing blood I was having a great time!
    Spoiler:

Crotchety Old SMOD

Status

Banderas will probably be Sunspot’s father.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ask Fuji|2020 Movie Log

​​​

WC Hall Of Famer

Status

So this movie is said to be pushed again to some point in 2020. Yikes!

Crotchety Old SMOD

Status

At this point I wish they'd just destroy all the footage, cut their losses and start from scratch. This has total disaster written all over it and, as a fan of the comics, I'm just not up for sitting through that.

Ask Fuji|2020 Movie Log

​​​

Run

Status
      Country                    England

Ouch. Agreed, just kill it off and start again at this point.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

On Vacation

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Necro View Post
    So this movie is said to be pushed again to some point in 2020. Yikes!
    Jesus Christ 2020 now?! Like for real the people involved don't have the confidence at all, with what they have under the Can to put it out there already? I liked what I saw in the Trailer I wanted more of that, give us the Horror and now they are trying to play the Operation Game with this Movie this is sad to hear.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information