Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 32

Thread: Punching Nazis: Yay or Nay? - Where Is The Line Drawn?

  1. #1
    Sweet Meat

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    52,957
    Rep Power
    252091

    Saturday Morning Slam Punching Nazis: Yay or Nay? - Where Is The Line Drawn?

    I figured this wasn't really related to Trump so it'd be better off in its own discussion before Nash (ironic) tries to stop it.

    People often get violent during nazi protests. Those who support that violence say the stance of the naziz are essentially to wipe the earth of other people, and their beliefs are violent and murderous often times and thus they get what they deserve by being a symbol of hate and violence. Others believe if you fight those protesting you're as bad as they are. There's a lot of thoughts here, but what does WC think? Is there a line where freedom of speech and freedom of protest goes too far? If you're spreading hate and violence, should it be allowed? If you don't think so, where is the line and who decides that line?

    Spoiler:

    I solemnly swear I am up to no good


    Quote Originally Posted by Steve
    I stopped reading when it became clear it was the same butthurt smarkf*g "real wrasslin'" crybaby rant on every youtube vid featuring Cena.



    Quote Originally Posted by Buff Bagwell on John Cena
    But I think he's bigger than Buff Bagwell. I really do.
    [02:00 AM] Dakstang : girls ain't dudes


  2. #2
    People's Champion
    indyfan's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    5,403
    Rep Power
    81129

    Re: Punching Nazis: Yay or Nay? - Where Is The Line Drawn?

    On one hand I believe in freedom of speech. But one the same hand i agree with respect for all mankind. And on the other hand I have no issue using that hand to punch out a nazis for spewing hate. Now thinking and saying are two different things.

    The line is respect.

    Hating a group of people is fine. Spreading it around and shouting at those people you hate is disrespecting.

  3. #3
    No voter.
    Marshall's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    4,201
    Rep Power
    36825
      Country                    UK

    Re: Punching Nazis: Yay or Nay? - Where Is The Line Drawn?

    Funnily enough I had this discussion in Uni not too long ago.

    For me, It's not something I would go out my way to do, I'd like to think I'm a bit better than that, but I'm not losing any sleep over a racist fuck getting one around the jaw either.

  4. #4
    Mind Your Fuckin Business
    Mr. Bing Bong's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Posts
    14,612
    Rep Power
    115629

    Re: Punching Nazis: Yay or Nay? - Where Is The Line Drawn?

    Dak wants to punch nash's head off his body.



  5. #5
    Mid-Card Champion
    White Rhyno's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Baltimore, MD
    Posts
    856
    Rep Power
    35053
      Country                    us=United States

    Re: Punching Nazis: Yay or Nay? - Where Is The Line Drawn?

    Legally or morally?

    Legally.... you can't go around punching anyone for what they say or believe. I don't care how repulsive or disrespectful it is. That isn't how free speech works.

    Nazi's have the right to say anything they want. When they are silenced because what they say is disrespectful.... then we have government deciding what can and can't be said.

    Of course, they can be held responsible for what they say. An employer doesn't have to hire or keep someone whose views can harm their business. People can argue.



  6. #6
    Future Endeavoured
    Sully's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    2,163
    Rep Power
    77101

    Re: Punching Nazis: Yay or Nay? - Where Is The Line Drawn?

    Nazi's are pieces of trash, but I would never punch one even if it were legal. But first of all it's not, you'll end up in trouble and they'll be the victim.

    But I'm a pacifist. Especially in this situation, I believe punching that person would be going right down to their level. Thoughtless violence is the exact type of game that they play. We are supposed to be more educated and senseful group that solves situations with words. Now if they attack you that is defending yourself and it's a different story.

  7. #7
    The Diplomatic Shadow

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    3,902
    Rep Power
    26703
      Country                    United States

    Re: Punching Nazis: Yay or Nay? - Where Is The Line Drawn?

    Quote Originally Posted by White Rhyno View Post
    Legally or morally?

    Legally.... you can't go around punching anyone for what they say or believe. I don't care how repulsive or disrespectful it is. That isn't how free speech works.

    Nazi's have the right to say anything they want. When they are silenced because what they say is disrespectful.... then we have government deciding what can and can't be said.

    Of course, they can be held responsible for what they say. An employer doesn't have to hire or keep someone whose views can harm their business. People can argue.
    Pretty much this.

    And if someone is going to go flapping their gums with hate speech and inciting violence, well...They are going to probably get what's coming to them.

    Do I encourage it? No.

    But if you have a guy yelling racial slurs in front of a bunch of folks of said race...Yeah, I'm not going to have any sympathy if one knocks him out.
    Time stood still, and it shared with me all that had been, and all that was to come.

  8. #8
    Your Least Favorite Mod

    Evil Jon's Avatar

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Westeros
    Posts
    11,590
    Rep Power
    285149
      Country                    Canada

    Re: Punching Nazis: Yay or Nay? - Where Is The Line Drawn?

    Depends on how Im feeling that day. Could lose my temper.

    Violence begets violence. But I dont know what you should do aside from film them and expose them if you can.

  9. #9
    Striving for a B+ in life
    The Golden One's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Orlando, Florida
    Posts
    6,250
    Rep Power
    131719
      Country                    United States

    Re: Punching Nazis: Yay or Nay? - Where Is The Line Drawn?

    The line is drawn in that there might be legal consequences if you throw hands. The law is objective.

    Morals and ethics can get grey and iffy. But to me, it's not unethical to punch a Nazi. Whether or not you "should" do it is up to the individual to decide.


    "The Golden One" Devin Golden

    3x FWA World Heavyweight Champion
    2x FWA X Champion
    4x FWA Tag Team Champion
    Final record: 94-58-10


    Shannon O'Neal
    2x FWA Women's Champion
    1x FWA World Champion


  10. #10
    Mid-Card Champion
    Baldrick's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Wales
    Posts
    921
    Rep Power
    21577
      Country                    Wales

    Re: Punching Nazis: Yay or Nay? - Where Is The Line Drawn?

    Would you like someone punching you because of your views?

    Violence is violence whichever way you look at it. There's always good and bad in the world, and to my annoyance using a John Cena related quote "Rise above Hate" is what needs to be done.
    I have a plan so cunning......

  11. #11
    Mid-Card Champion
    White Rhyno's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Baltimore, MD
    Posts
    856
    Rep Power
    35053
      Country                    us=United States

    Re: Punching Nazis: Yay or Nay? - Where Is The Line Drawn?

    I've gotten in plenty of scraps and brawls because I felt I needed to make a moral stand. Defending what you think is right can be very noble; however....courts don;t see it that way.

    Legally, hitting a Nazi for being a Nazi is a crime.

    For me, personally? I'd love to stomp a Nazi to dust. I'm smart enough to bait the guy into attacking me, however. In my youth, I feel I was pretty easily baited. Wisdom comes with age, I suppose.



  12. #12
    I was a highwayman
    Hardcore Iceman's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Arkansas
    Posts
    2,452
    Rep Power
    16557
      Country                    United States

    Re: Punching Nazis: Yay or Nay? - Where Is The Line Drawn?

    Hate can't drive out hate. People should love other instead of trying to justify punching or berating each other with hurtful words. As someone here said violence is violence and it's wrong.

  13. #13
    The Cult of Mayu Iwatani
    MC 16's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    In a bubble
    Posts
    2,098
    Rep Power
    38942
      Country                    Great Britain

    Re: Punching Nazis: Yay or Nay? - Where Is The Line Drawn?

    Not a huge advocate for violence and I don't think it solves any problems either.

  14. #14
    Mid-Card Champion
    White Rhyno's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Baltimore, MD
    Posts
    856
    Rep Power
    35053
      Country                    us=United States

    Re: Punching Nazis: Yay or Nay? - Where Is The Line Drawn?

    I think violence is horrible, but let's not say "violence solves nothing". That is just a false statement.

    Violence ended the Holocaust. Violence ended slavery in America. Violence, in fact, is sometimes the ONLY alternative. The world would be 100 percent better if no one reacted with violence, but for a lot of people it is means to end (especially against people who avoid using at all cost). We can stick our head in the sand and say "hate begets hate; so we won't hate", but sometimes people need to make stand.

    IF you see someone getting raped and don't use violence to stop it..... well, I think you are wrong. Sometimes we have to defend people. Sometimes we have to use violence (or the threat of it) to keep violent people from having their way. It is just a sad unfortunate fact of life.



  15. #15
    Come and take it
    Stonewall Dakson's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    19,833
    Rep Power
    70605
      Country                    United States

    Re: Punching Nazis: Yay or Nay? - Where Is The Line Drawn?

    The fact is, nobody should be physically assaulted for exercising their freedom of speech no matter how vile or disgusting it is.

    We can't just recognize someones first amendment rights when it is something we agree with.

    I don't agree with someone burning the American flag but I am not going to physically assault someone for doing so.

    This is a serious problem we are facing in society today. Scheduled speakers getting their appearances cancelled at colleges because a mob amasses and destroys property and threatens violence.

    It is alarming that even high profile politicians agree with this. Howard Dean for example said "Hate speech is not protected by the First Amendment."

    Ummmmm.....yes it is. And there is also no universal definition of 'hate speech'.

  16. #16
    Jiggy's Avatar

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Tampa, Fl
    Posts
    4,501
    Rep Power
    236572

    Re: Punching Nazis: Yay or Nay? - Where Is The Line Drawn?

    Quote Originally Posted by Stonewall Dakson View Post
    The fact is, nobody should be physically assaulted for exercising their freedom of speech no matter how vile or disgusting it is.
    Ok bro but what do you do if someone decides to come and take it?


    Quote Originally Posted by Cyrus Truth View Post
    FUCK THE NAZIS. Fuck them, the alt-right, and those white supremacy Confederate-flag wanking babies who are so angry because life's not fair and brown-skinned human beings want to sit at the table. Fuck these Tiki-torch, polo-wearing hatemongers for believing that they're any better than anybody else. And a double dose of "Fuck you" to ANYONE who buys into this garbage of a centralized "white culture" because such a thing DOES NOT EXIST NOR EVER HAS. And while anybody who punches one of these lowlifes should be punished as the law dictates, I sure as hell am not going to feel sorry for these fuckers if their lives become a series of perpetual punches. When you spew hate, what the fuck do you expect?



  17. #17
    The Diplomatic Shadow

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    3,902
    Rep Power
    26703
      Country                    United States

    Re: Punching Nazis: Yay or Nay? - Where Is The Line Drawn?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jiggy View Post
    Ok bro but what do you do if someone decides to come and take it?
    To be fair, then you would be not just using words, but actions. You would be physically trying to steal someones property, which is different.
    Time stood still, and it shared with me all that had been, and all that was to come.

  18. #18
    HOSS MOD

    Cyrus Truth's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Long and Winding Road
    Posts
    20,347
    Rep Power
    86981

    Re: Punching Nazis: Yay or Nay? - Where Is The Line Drawn?

    Define "free speech."

    I believe a man or woman should be free to speak their minds, even if those thoughts are on a belief system built on multiple scientific and historical fallacies and copious amounts of senseless killing. However, just because I believe you should be able to speak on whatever you want, that doesn't mean "consequence-free."

    The idea that you can say or do anything you want without any reaction is both foolish and irresponsible. There are always consequences for what's said and done. The Truth is, anybody trying to make this an issue of Nazis getting an opportunity to speak is missing the point entirely. Nazis HAVE been given ample opportunities to spew their message. But here's the deal: the Nazis and white nationalists want to speak without any sort of backlash. And that shit ain't happening, because part of free speech is that the other guy gets the same chance to speak his view, and both sides have to be willing to accept that words are more than just wind.

    So, allow me to exercise my freedom of speech, knowing full well that this may attract some unwanted attention on some dark corner of the Internet. And I'll accept that, because I'm a grown man and not some child whining about people being mean.

    FUCK THE NAZIS. Fuck them, the alt-right, and those white supremacy Confederate-flag wanking babies who are so angry because life's not fair and brown-skinned human beings want to sit at the table. Fuck these Tiki-torch, polo-wearing hatemongers for believing that they're any better than anybody else. And a double dose of "Fuck you" to ANYONE who buys into this garbage of a centralized "white culture" because such a thing DOES NOT EXIST NOR EVER HAS. And while anybody who punches one of these lowlifes should be punished as the law dictates, I sure as hell am not going to feel sorry for these fuckers if their lives become a series of perpetual punches. When you spew hate, what the fuck do you expect?

    The entirety of American history has been the ongoing quest to fully realize the meaning of the words "All men are created equal." And after nearly 300 years we STILL aren't there. But we continue on, because that's the bedrock we built this nation on. And anybody can disagree with that, but as for me? I embrace the Struggle. And the Nazis can freely fuck off.

  19. #19
    I'm cool. I think
    The Gipper's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    791
    Rep Power
    35615

    Re: Punching Nazis: Yay or Nay? - Where Is The Line Drawn?

    Depends on whether or not you're Captain America.
    I have been reborn.

  20. #20
    Jiggy's Avatar

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Tampa, Fl
    Posts
    4,501
    Rep Power
    236572

    Re: Punching Nazis: Yay or Nay? - Where Is The Line Drawn?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cyrus Truth View Post
    FUCK THE NAZIS. Fuck them, the alt-right, and those white supremacy Confederate-flag wanking babies who are so angry because life's not fair and brown-skinned human beings want to sit at the table. Fuck these Tiki-torch, polo-wearing hatemongers for believing that they're any better than anybody else. And a double dose of "Fuck you" to ANYONE who buys into this garbage of a centralized "white culture" because such a thing DOES NOT EXIST NOR EVER HAS. And while anybody who punches one of these lowlifes should be punished as the law dictates, I sure as hell am not going to feel sorry for these fuckers if their lives become a series of perpetual punches. When you spew hate, what the fuck do you expect?
    Thanks for the new signature.


    Quote Originally Posted by Cyrus Truth View Post
    FUCK THE NAZIS. Fuck them, the alt-right, and those white supremacy Confederate-flag wanking babies who are so angry because life's not fair and brown-skinned human beings want to sit at the table. Fuck these Tiki-torch, polo-wearing hatemongers for believing that they're any better than anybody else. And a double dose of "Fuck you" to ANYONE who buys into this garbage of a centralized "white culture" because such a thing DOES NOT EXIST NOR EVER HAS. And while anybody who punches one of these lowlifes should be punished as the law dictates, I sure as hell am not going to feel sorry for these fuckers if their lives become a series of perpetual punches. When you spew hate, what the fuck do you expect?



Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •