Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Fight Night 06 October Promo Discussion Thread

HOSS MOD

Status

Re: Fight Night 06 October Promo Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by KAIZEN View Post
    Cyrus – I was a little thematically confused by this one, so much so that I sought out another mod to help see if I was missing some big plot point or something. As a promo, this was fine, standard Cyrus dialogue fare. But in light of what happened between Cyrus and Shannon I suppose I just wasn’t expecting this line of logic vs Bell. It was one hand a well-thought-out line of thought, but on the other somewhat ill-fitting in terms of Cyrus’ character. In terms of formatting and such there was no problem with it, but in my confusion there are also seeds of a gimmick/tone change which haven’t been fully fleshed out but make me excited to keep reading on.
    "Tone change" is the right word for it, although it's more complex than that. From Cyrus's perspective, he's been proven right in everything he's said about FWA up to this point. Whether through incompetence, short-sightedness, or a more sinister malice, FWA has decided to back Shannon as the hero in this story, but she proved to be far more two-faced than Cyrus ever was. In other words, FWA made him out to be the great villain whilst hitching their wagon onto Shannon, who's shown herself to be far more devious and far more the villain.

Sure, Cyrus is pissed that he lost and didn't see it coming, but now he feels vindicated. To him, he doesn't need to fight this war of ideology with FWA anymore because he's won. And it's that vindication that kinda bleeds into his attitude with Bell.

Bell's been going through some rough times lately. She's not the same person she was a year ago. And in Cyrus's eyes, she's less than what she was. Cyrus is a selfish Objectivist, but he does have some sympathy. He wants a good fight and glory, but when he looks at Bell he doesn't see that scintillating first title defense. He sees someone who's been battered and broken under the wheel driven by FWA. Bell is indicative of everything FWA's management will lead to according to Cyrus. And that upsets him, because there's no glory in this.

Obviously, Cyrus will be happy being proven wrong, but considering he's faced Bell twice now, he doesn't see that. In character, Cyrus just sees this as an execution FWA is hoping will fix Bell enough to run that Shannon-Bell match they've been salivating for, despite the fact that in his mind FWA broke Bell to begin with.

Tacos Rule!

Status
      Country                    United States

Thanks for that tip Kai- I was trying to think of a way to have someone capturing him on camera - struggled a lot with it actually. It's really the only part of it I was not happy with.

Squash Fodder

Status

Miss De La Muerta I always figured was "The type", to talk in dark black , lol , but I know that some kind of blue or red, or actually purple, would be much better in adding to it all, and there's definitely gonna be longer stuff coming then, thanks for the advice as always, cat daddy.

Backyarder

Status

Scrubs is like one of my favorite shows of all time so I took that as a big compliment. Thanks Kai!

------------------------

Tacos Rule!

Status

Quote Originally Posted by ONAMStar View Post
    Scrubs is like one of my favorite shows of all time so I took that as a big compliment. Thanks Kai!
    Mine too, as was Chuck. They of course are right behind Community

Tacos Rule!

Status

Quote Originally Posted by 1000Deaths View Post
    Miss De La Muerta I always figured was "The type", to talk in dark black , lol , but I know that some kind of blue or red, or actually purple, would be much better in adding to it all, and there's definitely gonna be longer stuff coming then, thanks for the advice as always, cat daddy.
    I think Pink would work too. Or Lime Green. All glowy and pretty.

Squash Fodder

Status

Quote Originally Posted by hanz gruber View Post
    I think Pink would work too. Or Lime Green. All glowy and pretty.
    Black and grey like the tattoos lol.

Tacos Rule!

Status

Quote Originally Posted by 1000Deaths View Post
    Black and grey like the tattoos lol.
    Those blend together too much. You want some variation . Try using complentry colors

Thread Information