Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: FWA 12th Anniversary Show RESULTS

Your Least Favorite Mod

Status
      Country                    Canada

Re: FWA 12th Anniversary Show RESULTS

/insert remark about how not many people have much more to say than half-hearted 'congratulations' to start a bunch of drama.

- It kills me how our events end up in the same area all the time. CWA's was literally in the same arena last time. At least this time they've got a bit of distance between Brooklyn, and NYC.

- The gradual downswing in size & intimidation factor from Michaud to Galloway to Deception and finally Penny was funny. Not sure if intentional. TJG stands out as being the least EXCITING match up for Jason Randall in terms of having the most subdued character whereas the other three have a lot more eccentric personalities to juxtapose with Randall. Pretty even match. Everyone looked pretty solid and TJG looking the best having taken out all three other opponents to actually get the win. I'm sad I'm getting Reigns vibes from TJG. He needs some sort of definitive personality at this point. Right now all I think of is "kinda nice guy who wins and loses sometimes? idk" Interesting Deception/Penny developments. That could make for a real great high flying match.

- Poor Thunder & Merriwether doing the hard job. Maybe they need a Miztourage to join. If only Garcia wasn't a tweenish face now.

- Nice Miles High ad.

- I genuinely do like the pairing of PAJ & Garcia (even if I had been angling for a Garcia/Kaz team up for the tournament). Maddy jumps on the apron, Garcia gets low blowed. Where's the ref? What's he doing~ HBE looks a bit amateurish with their very frequent cheating and inability to win but PAJ is a premier wrestler kayfabe and physically, Garcia is Garcia. Good win for PAJ/Garcia and probably a good foot in the door for the tag team tournament.

- Hanz should go on a crusade against anyone who does a German Suplex. That was a surprisingly brutal and intense match. I can't tell if there was a reason behind Gruber not full out smashing Izzy in the face with a chair or not since he considered it. Pity? Backstage FWA rules that are gonna leak? I'm actually disappointed in myself for not paying more attention to the storyline itself because this seems like a perfect ending to this rivalry and a great opportunity for Izzy to take a step up the ladder. Brutal finish with the Cradle Piledriver too.

- Sucks that Starr/Wolf had to get the short end of a stick. Feels like a match that had the potential to be really good with two really hot characters in terms of burgeoning face Starr, and legend Wolf. Hopefully they have another more worthwhile encounter in the future. If Wolf sticks around of course. At the very least the ending was really good. I always saw Wolf, in my brief knowledge of him, as, even as a heel, the sort of guy who never walks away. Still, this is fun fuel for Kazadi.

- PAJ would've made a great salesman in another life. For some reason, PAJ is coming across Romeo Rollins like in his attempt to get Garcia's loyalty. It feels both comedic (this whole I'm a "new man" shtick) and like PAJ may have ulterior motives. I'm not sure that was the intention, but I'd like to see more of this PAJ.

- I'm not sure how I feel about this Kennedy/Rondo match. Felt like too much of a farce? On one hand, it was expected considering both your circumstances on the other, this felt like a Miz-style midcard feud with some shrub. I imagine IRL if idk who you'd pick as an equivalent, Cena & Megaheel Punk had a match like this, it'd be a significant disappointment. I understand the situation of course so I'll say no more. Hopefully we get a legitimate match at Miles High where both Jiggy & Shake can go all out.

- I'll start by saying I question these two matches ending back to back, more or less by low blows. But anyways. I really enjoy Zako Wrath and Jason Randall and this match overall. I'm not sure I enjoyed the hint at Randall feeling facelike, I really hope he sticks to being one of the biggest heels in FWA. He doesn't need to convert into a face against Zako Wrath. I think Zako might even take a certain sort of Braun Strowman flair to him in that everyone loves to see what sort of crazy fucked up shit he might do week to week. Hell, I kinda totally envisioned Strowman vs. Ambrose with this match. A fitting finish and I can see a theoretical Deception/Zako vs. Randall/Penny team up happening. More or less, I just see Zako wanting revenge on Penny. Still happy to see Randall remain strong. Fun and reliable character as always.

- Not much thoughts on Parr/Humanity evidently both because I read it and because it's more or less what's to be expected. Do wish I had come up with a promo for the show but I didn't have the drive or really the time to do it.

- I like this new desperate grasp by Bell to keep going forward despite the repeated setbacks. I'm also super curious as to if Bell will react at all to Shannon's semi-heel turn in that promo. Them and the PAJ Project should already make for two great teams. Hope to see Kennedy, Truth & Rondo find teams for it.

- Isn't Cyrus already a two time champion? He beat Stu St. Clair for his first reign then lost to Rondo immediately then beat Rondo for the unified titles. So this would be three times iirc. For a second I was shocked at the early finishers and the early pin and my eyes went wide before I remember it was two out of three falls. It always does take me a bit out of it when in a two out of three falls, suddenly wrestlers are drastically weaker. Just makes much more sense for pins to come in close succession near the end or if they come early, to be through genuine ingenuity and not be straight up like that. Would actually love to see some main event straight up end like that with two guys who went all out. But that might be chaotic for the guy who loses that fast. Still. I've tried to do it myself with justifications like a pre-match brawl to explain the shortness of it. All in all, this is a pretty good match. I don't think it's as great as it could be because there was a focus on the story of Shannon going full heel and less on aiming for possibly the final encounter in this match. In fact, I'm not hoping for a third in this trilogy to give face-cyrus and heel-shannon an official go but I suppose Miles High might put that on the backburner. Two great promos came out of this match and it really could have gone either way. Booking wise, Shannon should win and this is the best for her storyline. I'm not sure where Cyrus goes from here.

A solid show all in all with a mix of both good and bad. I really do want to find my way into the tag tournament but I'm not sure how yet. I don't know if collabs is the best thing for me right now or not. And if I even want Kazadi to be the one in the tag team.

Anyways, here's to the road to Mile High.

Striving for a B+ in life

Status
      Country                    United States

Proper review

• Big show and glad it got posted. Most of the matches seem to be well written and looking good. The X Championship match was done well, as were a few other matches.

• Enjoyed the Jackson segment, and the Bell-Shannon segment was fine coming where it came. It'll be interesting to see Shannon and Bell interact after what she did to Cyrus in the main event.

• The quote boxes for some matches are really messed up. The Wolf-Starr one is bad. The titles for matches seem to lose their lines and get bunched with the match itself.

"Mile High Advertisement Here" is sloppy. Just looks bad.

• The segments and text looks very jumbled and bunched together. It doesn't read well and honestly isn't too appealing to the eye.

• Kazadi's stuff for the North American title match was a good addition. Big plus there.

• I wish the tag champs got mentioned somewhere in the show. Just sucks they weren't at all.

• The opening video has way more than that. It's in a quote box, though, so it probably didn't transfer well in a copy-paste job.

• I love double turns. I just get a half-chub for double turns in wrestling matches. The Shannon-Cyrus double turn was one of the better ones I've ever seen done in the FWA. It was building and brewing ever since that go-home Fight Night segment but I'm a big fan of how we pulled it off.

• Overall, a C+ show with what I feel — and I might be heavily biased — was a very good, strong ending.

Cyrus, it has been loads of fun doing this feud. I honestly don't even think it's finished yet. But I'm glad we got to go this road and finally get to this point with the characters. Love a double turn and we pulled one off as well as we could.
    Last edited by The Golden One; 09-29-2017 at 01:01 AM.

"The Golden One" Devin Golden

3x FWA World Heavyweight Champion
    2x FWA X Champion
    4x FWA Tag Team Champion
    Final record: 94-58-10

Shannon O'Neal
    2x FWA Women's Champion
    1x FWA World Champion

Heel Champion

Status

Points taken. Show posting is a frustrating process as Im sure you're aware. Appreciate your direct yet tactful and appropriate critiques, Devin. Congrats on retaining the belt!

Your Least Favorite Mod

Status
      Country                    Canada

I'll say for the formatting, at least from my end, when people send me things, I paste as plain text because dealing with WC's horrific copy + pasting of format ends up ugly or broken but probably both. You're better off just making everything plain and formatting it all yourself when you finally post the show from scratch. I know it's a pain but it's the best way to make it look uniform and hopefully good.

Then again, I also don't fuck with quotes. That shit is sentient and gives no fuck for your intentions.

Heel Champion

Status

Good shit, bruh. Thanks for the tip!

Heel Champion

Status

- I genuinely do like the pairing of PAJ & Garcia (even if I had been angling for a Garcia/Kaz team up for the tournament). Maddy jumps on the apron, Garcia gets low blowed. Where's the ref? What's he doing~ HBE looks a bit amateurish with their very frequent cheating and inability to win but PAJ is a premier wrestler kayfabe and physically, Garcia is Garcia. Good win for PAJ/Garcia and probably a good foot in the door for the tag team tournament.
    Totally meant to write that the ref was distracted by Banks. Anyways, yeah, PAJ and Garcia just makes sense right now since they're on similar journeys. As far as the HBE, I webt with AONs profile that they frequently cheat to get the advantage.

Tacos Rule!

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Jon View Post
    /insert remark about how not many people have much more to say than half-hearted 'congratulations' to start a bunch of drama.

- It kills me how our events end up in the same area all the time. CWA's was literally in the same arena last time. At least this time they've got a bit of distance between Brooklyn, and NYC.

- The gradual downswing in size & intimidation factor from Michaud to Galloway to Deception and finally Penny was funny. Not sure if intentional. TJG stands out as being the least EXCITING match up for Jason Randall in terms of having the most subdued character whereas the other three have a lot more eccentric personalities to juxtapose with Randall. Pretty even match. Everyone looked pretty solid and TJG looking the best having taken out all three other opponents to actually get the win. I'm sad I'm getting Reigns vibes from TJG. He needs some sort of definitive personality at this point. Right now all I think of is "kinda nice guy who wins and loses sometimes? idk" Interesting Deception/Penny developments. That could make for a real great high flying match.

- Poor Thunder & Merriwether doing the hard job. Maybe they need a Miztourage to join. If only Garcia wasn't a tweenish face now.

- Nice Miles High ad.

- Hanz should go on a crusade against anyone who does a German Suplex. That was a surprisingly brutal and intense match. I can't tell if there was a reason behind Gruber not full out smashing Izzy in the face with a chair or not since he considered it. Pity? Backstage FWA rules that are gonna leak? I'm actually disappointed in myself for not paying more attention to the storyline itself because this seems like a perfect ending to this rivalry and a great opportunity for Izzy to take a step up the ladder. Brutal finish with the Cradle Piledriver too.

- Sucks that Starr/Wolf had to get the short end of a stick. Feels like a match that had the potential to be really good with two really hot characters in terms of burgeoning face Starr, and legend Wolf. Hopefully they have another more worthwhile encounter in the future. If Wolf sticks around of course. At the very least the ending was really good. I always saw Wolf, in my brief knowledge of him, as, even as a heel, the sort of guy who never walks away. Still, this is fun fuel for Kazadi.

- PAJ would've made a great salesman in another life. For some reason, PAJ is coming across Romeo Rollins like in his attempt to get Garcia's loyalty. It feels both comedic (this whole I'm a "new man" shtick) and like PAJ may have ulterior motives. I'm not sure that was the intention, but I'd like to see more of this PAJ.

- I'm not sure how I feel about this Kennedy/Rondo match. Felt like too much of a farce? On one hand, it was expected considering both your circumstances on the other, this felt like a Miz-style midcard feud with some shrub. I imagine IRL if idk who you'd pick as an equivalent, Cena & Megaheel Punk had a match like this, it'd be a significant disappointment. I understand the situation of course so I'll say no more. Hopefully we get a legitimate match at Miles High where both Jiggy & Shake can go all out.

- I'll start by saying I question these two matches ending back to back, more or less by low blows. But anyways. I really enjoy Zako Wrath and Jason Randall and this match overall. I'm not sure I enjoyed the hint at Randall feeling facelike, I really hope he sticks to being one of the biggest heels in FWA. He doesn't need to convert into a face against Zako Wrath. I think Zako might even take a certain sort of Braun Strowman flair to him in that everyone loves to see what sort of crazy fucked up shit he might do week to week. Hell, I kinda totally envisioned Strowman vs. Ambrose with this match. A fitting finish and I can see a theoretical Deception/Zako vs. Randall/Penny team up happening. More or less, I just see Zako wanting revenge on Penny. Still happy to see Randall remain strong. Fun and reliable character as always.

- Not much thoughts on Parr/Humanity evidently both because I read it and because it's more or less what's to be expected. Do wish I had come up with a promo for the show but I didn't have the drive or really the time to do it.

- I like this new desperate grasp by Bell to keep going forward despite the repeated setbacks. I'm also super curious as to if Bell will react at all to Shannon's semi-heel turn in that promo. Them and the PAJ Project should already make for two great teams. Hope to see Kennedy, Truth & Rondo find teams for it.

- Isn't Cyrus already a two time champion? He beat Stu St. Clair for his first reign then lost to Rondo immediately then beat Rondo for the unified titles. So this would be three times iirc. For a second I was shocked at the early finishers and the early pin and my eyes went wide before I remember it was two out of three falls. It always does take me a bit out of it when in a two out of three falls, suddenly wrestlers are drastically weaker. Just makes much more sense for pins to come in close succession near the end or if they come early, to be through genuine ingenuity and not be straight up like that. Would actually love to see some main event straight up end like that with two guys who went all out. But that might be chaotic for the guy who loses that fast. Still. I've tried to do it myself with justifications like a pre-match brawl to explain the shortness of it. All in all, this is a pretty good match. I don't think it's as great as it could be because there was a focus on the story of Shannon going full heel and less on aiming for possibly the final encounter in this match. In fact, I'm not hoping for a third in this trilogy to give face-cyrus and heel-shannon an official go but I suppose Miles High might put that on the backburner. Two great promos came out of this match and it really could have gone either way. Booking wise, Shannon should win and this is the best for her storyline. I'm not sure where Cyrus goes from here.

A solid show all in all with a mix of both good and bad. I really do want to find my way into the tag tournament but I'm not sure how yet. I don't know if collabs is the best thing for me right now or not. And if I even want Kazadi to be the one in the tag team.

Anyways, here's to the road to Mile High.
    As for Hanz hesitating- I will use that in my next promo I suppose. Am guessing when Fryia (think that's how he spells his name) wrote the match , he kept in mind that my character does show respect to women. Least I guess that's why he wrote that bit, that and him saying Fair Fight to Izzy. Whatever the reason, it was a very well write match as we're they all.

Come to Besiktas

Status
      Country                    Turkey

Quote Originally Posted by hanz gruber View Post
    As for Hanz hesitating- I will use that in my next promo I suppose. Am guessing when Fryia (think that's how he spells his name) wrote the match , he kept in mind that my character does show respect to women. Least I guess that's why he wrote that bit, that and him saying Fair Fight to Izzy. Whatever the reason, it was a very well write match as we're they all.
    He is dead.

Long live Oz.

Status
      Country                    Jamaica

rip frieza
    ----

----

IMPORTANT MESSAGE

Spoiler:

~~HAVE A NICE DAY~~
    Spoiler:

Heel Champion

Status

Thats kinda odd. My first rp'd character ever was Oz Sayer.

Tacos Rule!

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Oz View Post
    He is dead.

Long live Oz.
    Der ist tot? Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

Thread Information