Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Nicky Goes To Hell: A Hell In The Cell Retrospect

Re: Nicky Goes To Hell: A Hell In The Cell Retrospect

To be honest, I think you should continue to go in order. Fully embrace the history of the HIAC. I said this before about Taker/Boss Man, but part of the failure of the match is that it's a HIAC PPV era match that takes place in the era where it was all about crazy shit happening inside of the cell. I'd imagine it'd be easier remaining in the proper time mindset for each HIAC if you go in order.

When the black man talkin

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Darling Nicky View Post
    Haha, I actually don't really remember this match that much so I can't wait to watch it to see if you're joking or not.
    I'm not surprised you don't remember it...

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Scumbag Role Model

Status
      Country                    United States

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    To be honest, I think you should continue to go in order. Fully embrace the history of the HIAC. I said this before about Taker/Boss Man, but part of the failure of the match is that it's a HIAC PPV era match that takes place in the era where it was all about crazy shit happening inside of the cell. I'd imagine it'd be easier remaining in the proper time mindset for each HIAC if you go in order.
    I think you're right. I re-watched a couple of recent HIAC matches just in case I would go out of order and the reviews would have been instantly scathing not because the matches were bad (some of them are), but because I just got done watching two classics and a famous one and the differences are so glaring. It wouldn't be fair to some of the actually good recent ones if I went out of order just because I'm high on nostalgia and wrapped in an era.

Quote Originally Posted by Shock View Post
    I'm not surprised you don't remember it...

I honestly don't remember much of the feud but I think I was checked out of it because I just had a big sigh after the Breaking Point finish (which is really the only thing I remember as well as BUCKLE UP, TEDDY!) and I wasn't a huge fan of CM Punk finally getting an interesting character after three years in the company just to be fodder to another Undertaker reign.
    -------
    [07:37 PM] Shake: I am obsessed with Nicky its true
    People Obsessed With Nicky: RainShaker, indyfan
    -------
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiZ-R View Post
    What the fuck is happening to you guys? I once got a blowjob where she used her teeth a little bit too much and I ended up with a bloody dick, I still enjoyed the blowjob up to the point I started bleeding. I can honestly say that I have never had anything I would call a bad blowjob, that wasn't a great experience but up until I started gushing blood I was having a great time!

Status
      Country                    Djibouti

I love doing them in order, lets you really appreciate the evolution of the gimmick. Plus it'll be fun to see how bored you get when you reach the HIAC PPV era.

Cactus/HHH is definitely an all-timer and one of the ones I rewatch the most. Peak Triple H.

Silk's Big Dumb Video Game Thread
    WC Rumble Winner 2017: I guess that makes me less lame

Never Forget
    Spoiler:

Scumbag Role Model

Status

Hell in a Cell Re: Nicky Goes To Hell: A Hell In The Cell Retrospect

Thanks to the HIAC collection being added on the Network, it is much easier to watch these matches. However, I think a WWE stooge took a break from watching Being The Elite and decided to read this thread, and in an attempt to troll me, listed Mankind vs. Kane with the title "An Underrated Classic". Suck my dick, WWE Network description writer

-----

Kurt Angle (c) vs. Undertaker vs. The Rock vs. Stone Cold Steve Austin vs. Triple H vs. Rikishi
    WWE Championship
    Armageddon 2000

The Backstory: Kurt Angle won the Championship from the Rock at No Mercy and would go on to feud with The Undertaker. Stone Cold is back after Rikishi and Triple H conspired to take him out with the car. The Rock and Rikishi have been engaged in a feud based of FAMILY and what happened with Stone Cold. Commissioner Mick Foley decided to take six combustible elements and put them in the Hell In A Cell structure. Meanwhile, Vince McMahon is doing anything in his power to prevent his stars from taking place in such a dangerous match. I was reminded of the great segment where he eats a Stunner, a Rock Bottom, and a Last Ride in the same segment on Raw.

The Match: This is certainly the year 2000. The crowd is apeshit from the Rock promo to the end. I actually had to look up where this event was at, because I was thinking "well for sure this has to be in Chicago or Florida or California or something". NOPE! Birmingham, Alabama! I don't think Birmingham would ever be as hot again. This also is certainly the year 2000 because we get the great line from JR: "UNDERTAKER DOESN'T HAVE A LIMP BIZKIT I CAN GUARANTEE IT!" Three guys coming out to the worst versions of their theme (Undertaker, HHH's generic version of "My Time", and Stone Cold's "Disturbed" theme and yes the Disturbed theme sucks. Fuck you.)

The match starts off perfectly. The focus is put on each individual feud: HHH/Austin, Taker/Angle, and Rock/Rikishi. We get some really awesome and fun chaotic brawling that really captures what the Cell is about. The big players here are Stone Cold and HHH, who are just fucking going at it and we get the great spot of Austin scrapping HHH all over the cell. Very good stuff.

But after a while, the brawl gets a tad bit dull. You have some noteworthy stuff like HHH ruining an alliance with Rikishi, but it starts to get a little taxing and feels like we need to go somewhere else. Well it does, and honestly, it's not that good.

We get Vince and the stooges out with a truck to rip the door off the cell and gets it prepared to tear down the entire cell (what in the absolute fuck). Foley is able to put an end to Vince's plan by knocking out Brisco and Patterson and then getting Vince thrown out of the arena while he cried "I OWN THIS COMPANY!". With the Cell open, all six competitor make their way outside of the Cell and begin to brawl even more, with once again HHH and Austin leading the way. A great spot where Austin throws a crane cam at Triple H and then another where HHH throws Austin through the window of the truck. Just like the previous section of brawling, the outside chaos kind of has some shelf life as well, as we get a couple noticeable spots but eventually again feels like a lul. We go to the next stage of the match, which is pretty much everyone getting a turn to brawl on top of the cell while everyone goes apeshit. Hmmmm, I wonder what happens here?! Austin chases HHH onto the top, but eventually Hunter is able to escape while Angle, Taker, and Rikishi take over. Taker is able to wallop Angle with a chair and get some justice but then Rikishi gets a hold of the chair and hits some of the nastiest chair shots I've ever seen to the face and head of both Angle and Taker. We eventually get the poorly telegraphed Rikishi spot, and after some trademark fatal four way action and a hot Austin/Rock segment, Kurt Angle is able to sneak a pin after Rock receives a stunner from Austin. Angle wins and no one is really happy, but Austin stuns him after Angle gets his title because why the hell not.

The Analysis: It's quite the spectacle. There's no better way to describe it. Six of the most popular acts of the Attitude Era get together in one of the most popular and well built match gimmicks of the time in front of blood thirsty people and have a very chaotic brawl for a little over thirty minutes. It's quite the sight to behold and I imagine this match is special for a lot of Attitude Era enthusiasts.

With all that said, this is FAR from a perfect match, for a variety of reasons. The obvious one being it's such a fucking clusterfuck. That's not always necessarily a negative, honestly. But when you have this many guys going non stop and never slowing down, it's really hard to follow and truly digest everything. Also because of this, all of the stories going into the match seem to fade away the further we go into the match (except for Austin and Hunter) and not everyone is able to leave a mark. The stars of this match are obviously Austin and Hunter, who just set the pace of every section of this match and just go and go at at hundred miles per hour, and no one else is able to keep up. Why wasn't Austin in more Cell matches? His only two had multiple people involved, he's quite fun in both, and I'm sure he would have had a barn burner of a one on one match in the Cell. He obviously wouldn't bump much, but he could have made it work. The Rock is able to make an impact with a few spots and the sprint finish. Rikishi stands out because he does some of the most vicious offense I've ever seen in my life (drops on Austin's neck and wallops a vunerable Angle in the face with a chair on top of the Cell) and takes the most memorable spot of the match. Taker's memorable because he initiates a lot of beatings and contributes to the biggest spot of the match.

This leads us to Kurt Angle, the most underwhelming element of the match. He's also your WWF Champion and your winner of this match. I talked about how this whole match felt so much like 2000, yet the finish and Angle's performance felt very modern era in terms of a chicken shit champion. It just deflates what the match is all about in the end. You have all this carnage and chaos yet a guy I hardly remember doing anything worth a damn is your winner. This feels like something we would criticize today, or something you would demonstrate in a battle royal. Not a protected gimmick match. Just very disappointing to watch, even today.

Angle's performance isn't the only deflation. The Vince interference doesn't hold up at all either. Vince's interference is all based off of making sure none of his top guys have to suffer through HIAC. So, his idea is to just tear the entire cell down recklessly? What the shit? I feel like possibly putting your fans in harms way is more of an issue than professionals having a match. It's a segment that distracts the dull point of the match, but it's not a very good segment and it really telegraphs possibly the safest Hell In A Cell spot of all time. I never really popped for the Rikishi spot.

The Verdict: This match is worth a watch, but there's a part of me that finds it to be a disappointment. It's a very well built match, with promos from Mick Foley, HBK, Vince, and all the competitors really putting over what's on the lines as well as the structure itself. And there is some very superb action sprinkled around here and there. But there's also such a thing called "too much of a good thing". Has elements that don't hold up, it's sometimes too much to follow, and has dull points that are inexcusable after Foley/Taker or Cactus/HHH. Three Flatbed Trucks Out Of Five

Up Next: The most complicated set-up imaginable and more Triple H.
    Last edited by Darling Nicky; 10-03-2017 at 08:47 PM.
    -------
    -------
    What the fuck is happening to you guys? I once got a blowjob where she used her teeth a little bit too much and I ended up with a bloody dick, I still enjoyed the blowjob up to the point I started bleeding. I can honestly say that I have never had anything I would call a bad blowjob, that wasn't a great experience but up until I started gushing blood I was having a great time!

Crotchety Old SMOD

Status
      Country                    Canada

That Austin/Rock segment toward the end of the match is absolutely ridiculous and really serves as a perfect snapshot of their entire rivalry. McMahon screaming that he owns the company is one of my favourite of his moments while Rikishi's bump is so horribly contrived that it's ultimately one of the funniest ever.

It may not be perfect, or really even very much above average, but damned if I don't love this match all the same.

Ask Fuji|2017 Movie Log

Help decide WC's Fave Five Star Wars Characters~!

​​​

Quote Originally Posted by Swamps
    Get out and kick their ass! Even if its Grandma!

Scumbag Role Model

Status

Like I said, it's definitely staring the greatest hits of the Attitude Era in one match and some truly incredible stuff so I can't put people on trial for absolutely loving it. The Rock/Austin interaction was very epic.
    -------
    -------

I'm gonna blame the movies

Status

Loved the backstory behind the match but not the match itself. The leadup also had one of my favourite Rock promos ever:

[07:31 PM] Stonewall Dakson
    : I have a good friend that lives near Seattle. He says I should come visit sometime but that is like the exact opposite side of the country from me.
    [07:31 PM] Jon Snow
    : theyve got planes for that
    : And those cost lots of money
    [07:32 PM] Jim
    : send yourself in a box without any holes with the USPS. Best case scenario, you get cheap traveling, worst case, you're gone forever
    [10:00 PM] Kairi HoHo
    : Jerk it in my honor Dak bye.
    [06:18 PM]Stonewall Dakson
    : Guys, I am going to see President Trump tomorrow.
    [06:19 PM]Stonewall Dakson
    : He's holding a rally in the town I live in. Gonna skip outta work and go.
    : Not the town I live in, the town I work in.
    [06:19 PM]RecyCocks
    : You should bring TGR with you
    [06:20 PM]Stonewall Dakson
    : If I was taking a long walk off a short pier I would gladly bring TGR with me.
    [11:40 PM]
    Kairi HoHo
    : Pretty sure I said I would go gay for Ryan Gosling just saying lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Kairi HoHo View Post
    I'll be fine Daddy.
    BS Mafia 4 Lyfe: Dakstang Dook Duke HoHo Punk Wolf CocksDynamite Creeping Death Swamps

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Fuji Vice View Post
    That Austin/Rock segment toward the end of the match is absolutely ridiculous and really serves as a perfect snapshot of their entire rivalry. McMahon screaming that he owns the company is one of my favourite of his moments while Rikishi's bump is so horribly contrived that it's ultimately one of the funniest ever.

It may not be perfect, or really even very much above average, but damned if I don't love this match all the same.
    They did a similar Austin vs Rock segment at the Royal Rumble too. Love when they do stuff like that.

Scumbag Role Model

Status

Triple H vs. Chris Jericho
    Judgment Day 2002

The Backstory: Okay, maybe this isn't as complicated as I first thought. There was just a lot of players involved. Continuing off their Wrestlemania 18 feud in which Triple H won the title, both men become players on Smackdown during the brand extension. Triple H gets wrapped up in the legendary Hogan/Taker "motorcycle" feud which also involves the WWE Championship. Jericho pretty much screws HHH out of making a claim to the belt once again. After a segment where five jobbers beat up Triple H with the help of Jericho (and a night where Triple H actually lost to Reverend D-Von (holy fuck)), Vince McMahon books Trips vs. Jericho in Hell In A Cell. Oh yeah, Triple H is also feuding with Vince McMahon because Stone Cold is on Raw and Vince needs a new Stone Cold.

The Match: Probably the first Cell match so far where both competitors are able to get their flashy entrances in. Also probably the first Cell match to start of very slow. A lot of brawling and simple moves for the first five minutes or so. A lot of the action is punching and minor outside skirmishes but it has the atmosphere of a Raw match. More brawling in and out in and out that's not very memorable, but then it starts to progress after Jericho slingshots Tripe H into the Cell, and we see the inclusion of weapons and a lot more clear aggression. A ladder, stairs being thrown, hard bumps. The intensity starts to pick up a bit.

Then we get the turning point of the match: the Tim White bump. It's probably the nastiest bump in the match. After a ref bump and a couple of false pin attempts (we'll cover more on that in a minute), Jericho exits the cell after referees leave the door open to check on White. We get more escalation as we get a great table spot and some weapon teasing. Eventually both men find their way up to the top, where everyone holds their breath and thinks we're going to get something nutty. However, after a barbed wire 2x4 shot and a pedigree on top of cell, HHH makes the cover for the victory.

The Analysis: Two different sides to this match. A very boring side and an intense side. This feels like the very first Cell match we have watched so far that picks up the further it goes along. Leave it to Triple H to have very methodical pacing in what is supposed to be a heat filled gimmick match. The first ten minutes are very plotting and kind of a chore to get through. Like I said, you can tell they're trying but it feels like strike exchanges that you would just see from a nothing match on Raw. Once they finally play with the structure a bit, you can tell these guys remembered they're supposed to be wanting to really hurt each other. That's kind of a problem to me because it just defines this feud in a nutshell: they tried to act like this was about two people that genuinely hate each other, but there's too many interfering evidence and questionable pacing where it feels like they're completely missing the mark.

Even when they do progress, it doesn't seem like it really goes anywhere too exciting in the end. Sure, we get barbed wire, announce table spots, and fighting on top of the cell, but it just feels like there's a void with each sequence, or something isn't quite there. Maybe some of it has to do with Triple H still being out of form due to injury, but this era of Triple H is famously not good. At least to me. It felt like they were trying to build him up as this rebellious ass kicking face and it didn't ever reach the atmosphere they expected. He wasn't terrible in this match, and he did do his fair share of movement, but you can tell something is missing from the guy. Jericho is very good in the match. He's doing what you would expect from a very pissed off heel and is responsible for the match progressing to more intriguing points the farther we get into it.

Maybe the problem is that this is the tail end of the Attitude Era (or arguably not the Attitude Era) and I just got done at least watching four Cell matches that were car crashes or brilliantly told, well structured stories. This didn't feel like a car crash or have a story that really stood out or warranted much chaos.

I am a little angry that the biggest spot from the match came from Tim White. I'm actually anti-Tim White just from watching this match. Yes, I realize this is the match that ultimately retired Tim White from being an active referee. Yes, the bump was impressive. But holy fuck this guy was super fucking distracting. Here's a fun drinking game when you watch this match next time: take a sip of beer every single time Tim White tells Jericho and Hunter to bring it back in the ring. You'll probably kill your whole twelve pack before the ref bump. This guy would not fucking stop trying to enforce rules and civility in a fucking HELL IN A CELL match where I feel like it's okay to be a little lenient when officiating. He's begging guys to not be on the floor, he's disapproving weapon usage, he's being EXTREMELY vocal and is usually the only thing you can here, even over JR and King. I believe at one point he threatens to disqualify Jericho? What the fuck is this guy doing? The ref bump does play well to the match ending up outside of the Cell (shades of IYH: Badd Blood) but it doesn't really seem that consequential. It's unfortunate that the referee is the one taking the biggest bumps. Also, I hated the pinfall attempts once White is down. It's the first shots for both men to win the match, yet both men are obviously aware that the ref is down when they go for the pin. That's when you decide to win? Jericho's the reason why White's launched into the Cell yet IMMEDIATELY covers HHH and is angry that he knows White cant make the fall. Triple H is walking all over the guy while he's being treated just to find a damn sledgehammer and yet makes a cover afterwards. You fucking geeks! Self awareness isn't that hard!

The Verdict: I know that people love this match and think the guys brought the house down. I think the rating from most people is that this is a four star match. I just wasn't digging it entirely. I didn't have much fun watching this match. It is certainly miles above their insomnia curing Wrestlemania match, and you will be treated to a very exciting back half of the match if you stick through the tedious first half and appreciate Tim White more than I can. However, it just feels tame compared to what we've seen be involved in the structure so far and I just can't buy into this era of Triple H. Might be a little surprising here, but Two and Three Quarter Bloody Tim Whites Out Of Five.

Up Next: Bad selling isn't always bad.
    Last edited by Darling Nicky; 10-04-2017 at 11:42 PM.
    -------
    -------

I'm gonna blame the movies

Status

I remember watching WM XX live and thinking "hey there's Tim White haven't seen him in a few years" only to later learn he re-injured himself in that match
    : I have a good friend that lives near Seattle. He says I should come visit sometime but that is like the exact opposite side of the country from me.
    [07:31 PM] Jon Snow
    : theyve got planes for that
    : And those cost lots of money
    [07:32 PM] Jim
    : send yourself in a box without any holes with the USPS. Best case scenario, you get cheap traveling, worst case, you're gone forever
    [10:00 PM] Kairi HoHo
    : Jerk it in my honor Dak bye.
    [06:18 PM]Stonewall Dakson
    : Guys, I am going to see President Trump tomorrow.
    : He's holding a rally in the town I live in. Gonna skip outta work and go.
    : Not the town I live in, the town I work in.
    [06:19 PM]RecyCocks
    : You should bring TGR with you
    [06:20 PM]Stonewall Dakson
    : If I was taking a long walk off a short pier I would gladly bring TGR with me.
    [11:40 PM]
    Kairi HoHo
    : Pretty sure I said I would go gay for Ryan Gosling just saying lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Kairi HoHo View Post
    I'll be fine Daddy.
    BS Mafia 4 Lyfe: Dakstang Dook Duke HoHo Punk Wolf CocksDynamite Creeping Death Swamps

Scumbag Role Model

Status

Aww, poor Tim White couldn't "get back in the ring"?

Fuck that guy. Got me so worked
    -------
    -------

Status

I agree completely with your review. Another yawn inducing HHH 2002 match for the most part. It didn't help that this is one of those ppv hell in a cell matches that didn't feel like it should be in one. Plus everyone knew Jericho had no chance.

~Phenomenal~

Status
      Country                    England

You know, I'm certain I've never seen Jericho/HHH HIAC.

Good reviews so far. I would agree that Foley/HHH was the greatest, but my body is ready for your upcoming review of HBK Vs Triple H

Scumbag Role Model

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post
    You know, I'm certain I've never seen Jericho/HHH HIAC.

Good reviews so far. I would agree that Foley/HHH was the greatest, but my body is ready for your upcoming review of HBK Vs Triple H
    I have a few matches before that one and I'm trying to burn through those reviews as fast as I can so I can get to HHH/HBK so I can avoid a peptic ulcer.

Rant incoming.
    -------
    -------

It's been years since I've seen this match. When I do remember it, it's somewhat special to me since Judgment Day was one of two WWE PPVs in 2002 (Other one being Vengeance) that never had a proper DVD released in the stores. So the only way you could get the DVD was to order it from WWE Shop. As a result, even though the PPV wasn't anything special, I've always dug that I own the DVD since it came out.

Half the time, I forget that these two even had a HIAC match. Looking back, it's hard not to feel bad for Jericho in 2002. He was coming off of such a strong second half of 2001 and then he was saddled with awful booking during his Undisputed Title reign. After losing the belt, he wasn't even booked for a match at Backlash. Had to lose to Triple H again at Judgment Day. Lost to RVD in the opening match at KOTR. Lost to some rookie that would initially be deemed as a failure at Vengeance. Depushed firmly into the midcard scene by jumping to Raw was somehow a good thing for Jericho to finish 2002 on a better note.

Scumbag Role Model

Status

Brock Lesnar (c) vs. The Undertaker
    WWE Championship
    No Mercy 2002

The Backstory: Undertaker and Lesnar were not able to settle their differences for the Championship at Unforgiven. However, Taker kicked Lesnar's ass all over the place, and threw him through the entrance set-up. Since that beating, Lesnar has tried to make Taker's life a living hell. Lesnar attacked Taker on multiple occasions, including breaking Taker's right hand. There was also the great "Tracy" angle when an actress who's biggest credit was being in Back To The Future II was hired to play a soap opera part of the angle. I don't know, it really was pointless. Steph books Taker vs. Lesnar in the Cell and insists that Taker will still be able to fight with the cast, and that it will be allowed.

The Match: For the record, I am watching this match for the very first time in full, and have only seen this in clips.

It's a brash, young competitor trying to avoid as much punishment as he can to start. Lesnar looks to out wrestle Taker but nothing he does works and the Deadman is able to get the upper hand each time. Lesnar realizes this is going to suck so he tries to bail. Lesnar's able to get a brief sequence where he focuses on the right hand of the Undertaker. Great limb work from both guys and Taker's killing the selling so far. I 100% expect this to continue from the Undertaker. Taker is hurting so bad that when he screams in pain, he sounds like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ee925OTFBCA

This eventually pisses Taker off and we just have a sequence where Taker goes off and just starts killing Brock around the Cell and beating him with the cast. Brock gushes like a geyser and Heyman is freaking the fuck out. We get the awesome sequence where Heyman is so enraged that he tries to get his hands on Taker from outside of the Cell. Taker boots him and get grabs his tie and begins ramming Heyman repeatedly into the Cell. Heyman then gives Brock a run for his money in the blood department. Holy shit, I've never seen Heyman like this and don't remember this every happening at all.

Then it's all about moving to the next part of the story: Brock putting more damage to the broken right hand of Taker by slamming steel chairs against it, pushing it against the Cell, grinding it, biting it, stomping the cast off, peeling the cast off, wrapping it up, twisting it. It's all so fucking brutal. This has been a great WAR! The commentators are selling it so well. How in the world is the Undertaker going to fight through the pain?

Well, he does. Almost like he forgot he had a broken hand. Oops!

He's hitting punches. He's hitting clotheslines. He's doing the Old School. He's hitting a flawless chokeslam. It's all built up by Cole that he's running on adrenaline! After some finisher teases and back and forth sequences (including a rope break?), Lesnar is able to put Taker away with the F-5 after countering a Tombstone.

The Analysis: Okay, let's go ahead and get the only negative out of the way. It's really the only negative but it is a GIANT, infamous negative: Taker's selling. When you put that much focus into an element of the match BUILDING TO THE MATCH and DURING THE MATCH, it is inexcusable to be that inconsistent toward your selling. It's so fucking crazy. Cole and Tazz tried their hardest and this might be the best performance I've ever heard from this duo. It's ADRENALINE! TAKER DOESN'T FEEL ANYTHING ANY MORE! Yeah, I don't know about that shit. It's fine if there's a couple punches and then tremendous selling after those punches, but there's zero selling after the punches, and he's just breezing through trademarks. The ENTIRE main focus around this match-up is immediately thrown out the window and weeks of work and ten minutes of limb focus instantly become null and void. All of that for absolutely nothing. You can't just let something like that go.

With all of that being said, this match is great

I pretty much enjoyed all of this match. I even managed to appreciate the decisions made since they just completely forgot about Taker's hand. First of all, the whole atmosphere reminds me of HBK versus the Undertaker. Brock is young, he's brash, he's cocky, he's full of confidence. He's just like how HBK was entering the Cell. And much like HBK, he doesn't want to be in there and he gets humbled for a good portion of the match. But when he's put on the spot, he responds like the bad ass he is. It's such a simple aura to present in a contest like this and when it is presented in this manner, it adds to the match.

The intensity never leaves this contest. Two guys are just forever beating the shit out of each other and using the Cell in the most easiest, non convoluted ways as possible. They're pouring gallons of fucking blood all over the place and it feels like a war zone. It's the type of presentation you want to create in this gimmick. Even the finish, beyond the shitty selling, it's done in a good manner. The rope break sucks but Taker doesn't look tarnished in defeat and no finishers or moves lose their legitimacy. Seriously, aside from completely abandoning a story, you couldn't ask for much more in this match-up.

You also cannot talk about this match without mentioning Heyman. I think I was wrong about never seeing a manager so torn up in my life. Heyman was destroyed and it turned him into an awesome, blood thirsty maniac. Paul Heyman was terrific in this match and really got what the atmosphere was supposed to be. At the start, he's just as confident as Brock Lesnar. When Lesnar struggles, he's pleading for Taker to stop and says "WE'RE LOSING!" Once he just starts bleeding all over the place, he kicks it into high gear and starts telling Undertaker "YOU ARE GOING TO DIE" and is foaming at the mouth to have Taker's cast removed. What a fucking awesome performance. Paul Heyman: one of the best Hell In A Cell performances of all time and he wasn't even in the match.

The Analysis: There's not much more that you can ask for a Hell In A Cell. Two men at each others throats, two men putting each other through literal hell, and legitimizing Brock Lesnar as the next big thing more than any other match has done to this point. Despite the star making performance, the only thing you can't help to ask for even amidst all the crazy, chaotic action is much better consistency to a strongly dedicated story. Three And Three Quarter Bloody Paul Heymans Out Of Five.

Up Next: Hold onto your butts for a some more Triple H Cell matches! First, how dare a babyface try to prevail against 2003 Triple H!
    Last edited by Darling Nicky; 10-05-2017 at 09:37 PM.
    -------
    -------

Status
      Country                    Djibouti

This is probably in my five favorite matches ever, and some of that is nostalgia, but every time I boot it back up I enjoy it. What a fucking battle.

Silk's Big Dumb Video Game Thread
    WC Rumble Winner 2017: I guess that makes me less lame

Never Forget
    Spoiler:

Status

Brock vs Taker is the most frustratingly good match ever. It's would legitimately be one of my favourite matches ever but Undertaker's selling is as bad as any selling I've ever seen in a match before.

The next match is my guilty pleasure match

Scumbag Role Model

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Shock View Post
    Brock vs Taker is the most frustratingly good match ever.
    That's the best description of this match. Great, could have been greater.
    -------
    -------

Thread Information