Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Terminator: Dark Fate (2019)

Status
      Country                    United States

Terminator: Dark Fate (2019)

Release Date: November 1st, 2019 (United Kingdom October 23rd, 2019)
    Director: Tim Miller
    Writers: David Ellison, Josh Friedman
    Starring: Arnold Schwarzenegger, Mackenzie Davis, Linda Hamilton

Plot Summary: Unknown

Status

Re: Terminator Sequel (TBA)

I was excited about the franchise being redone back in 2009 and I was very pleased with Terminator Salvation. Then Genysis happened and Salvation was no longer canon. Now this will likely take Genesys out of canon. It's hard to get excited about this franchise when every new entry is a reboot.

On Vacation

Status
      Country                    Puerto Rico

Yeah I heard about the story last night and I'm pretty happy, but scared at the same time. I liked Salvation and Genisys more than the average person, but both had flaws, but still were both enjoyable for me. For sure they can't touch the first two Terminator films, and with the Timeline fucked at this point I look forward to where this might go. I can see Linda Hamilton putting in that work like she did in T-2, and I have faith Cameron will give us a better product than we've been used to seeing. I'm interesting what this 18 something plays to the story along with her Son and the other original characters they'll create. First Jamie Lee Curtis and now Linda Hamilton coming back to a beloved franchise yeah I'm psyched brothers.

On Vacation

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Jiggy View Post
    I was excited about the franchise being redone back in 2009 and I was very pleased with Terminator Salvation. Then Genysis happened and Salvation was no longer canon. Now this will likely take Genesys out of canon. It's hard to get excited about this franchise when every new entry is a reboot.
    I have to agree with Jiggy on this. It's hard to get excited about a possible new trilogy when every new film seems to ignore the last one. Wasn't Genisys supposed to start a new trilogy?

SIX F'N STARS

Status

I saw Terminator 3 and gave up on the franchise. Then saw an episode or two of the TV show, wasn't really impressed. Then I skipped a bunch of bad movies. I'll probably do my best not to think about this until it's out and I check Rotten Toms.
    Prepare to lose a war of attrition in 10,000 words or more.

Crotchety Old SMOD

Status
      Country                    Canada

Man, for someone so ahead of the curve with special effects Cameron is really behind the times when it comes to who action stars should be. His comments about old men come on the heels of Liam Neeson saying he's retiring from action films, while guys like Stallone and Arnold have moved into more dramatic fare over the past few years. Hell, even Bruce Willis' newest movie, that shitty looking Death Wish remake, seems to have him playing a more subdued character. Outside of Danny Trejo, I can't really think of anyone else in the "old man" range that's still kicking ass on a regular basis in movies, and Trejo is basically ageless.

It's interesting because I was recently listening to a John Carpenter/Kurt Russell commentary track (Escape from New York) and they were both pretty adamant that there's going to be a trend back towards seeing younger people in action roles, which I think we're kind of getting with the comic book movies and whatever Dwayne's in this month.

Anyhow, I won't care about this until I'm given a reason to. Cameron coming back to oversee it doesn't mean shit to me when he's normally too busy in his personal submarine to give a fuck about any of the movies he's supposed to be making and Hamilton looks like she should be playing Sarah Connor's grandmother.

Ask Fuji|2019 Movie Log

Help decide WC's Fave Five WWE Superstars of 2019~!

​​​

Quote Originally Posted by Wang Chung
    Fuji- got his hint possibly town but also threatened Cox with a burrito up his ass

On Vacation

Status

Tim Miller being apart of this give me more hope especially with his great work from Deadpool. I've heard they are already doing Storyboards and Animatics for the film, and also they are hoping if this film does well the next two will be done back to back filming wise.
    Last edited by Kairi HoHo; 09-20-2017 at 03:28 PM.

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status
      Country                    England

To be honest I rather have a new terminator if they are doing a sequel. At least freshen it up a little but the problem is finding the right pick.

FKA RaiZ-R

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Blissfully Aware View Post
    I have to agree with Jiggy on this. It's hard to get excited about a possible new trilogy when every new film seems to ignore the last one. Wasn't Genisys supposed to start a new trilogy?
    Genisys failed on multiple fronts and although it made a buttload in China they just didn't have the time to drag together any sequels, especially with zero good will towards the project outside of Asia. The rights were always reverting back to Cameron for 2019 so the studio cut their loses on the new trilogy and ran with the money they had made out of it.

The last truly good Terminator movie was Judgement Day. The third was boring, Salvation wasn't really a Terminator film, and Genisys was whacky as fuck and rubbed a lot of people the wrong way. Cameron was always going to do something with it after he got it back and his name being attached to it will have enough legs to up the good will towards it in when it's released. Whether or not it'll be worthwhile remains to be seen but I'll give it a shot. I enjoyed Salvation and Genisys for what they were but I doubt any Terminator movie will ever live up to Judgement Day.

Status

Re: Terminator: Dark Fate (2019)

Here are two photos, this movie is coming out November 1st in the United States, and October 23rd in the United Kingdom.

Status

I quite like McKenzie Davis.... but I have zero expectations for anything good from this.
    EVERY ENDING IS A NEW BEGINNING.
    YOUR LUCKY NUMBER IS NONE.
    YOUR LUCKY COLOUR IS DEAD.
    Motto:
    LIKE FATHER, LIKE SON.

On Vacation

Status

I wanna have faith this Film could be good with Tim Miller Direction, but these Pics don't do anything for me. I really need a Trailer at this point I'm really on the Fence with this one.

I love the Terminator Franchise as a whole and I wanna see this Film succeed so much hopefully this Movie is a HR.

Crotchety Old SMOD

Status

I could have sworn I read something recently that said the trailer was coming around May. I can’t find that story now so don’t quote me on it but I agree that it would be nice to see something. Apparently Paramount are convinced it’s really good so I’m not sure why they’re being so secretive.

Currently enjoying a plate of Pulpo Gallego via Tapastalk.

Ask Fuji|2019 Movie Log

​​​

Fuji- got his hint possibly town but also threatened Cox with a burrito up his ass

Status

Here's a new poster.

On Vacation

Status

Poster comes out and I'm hearing first Trailer tomorrow coming in the morning. This Trailer I feel is going to swing outta people in taking any interest in this Movie more than a Trailer in a long time I feel. Crossing my fingers for success because Terminator 1 and Terminator and the Franchise itself is one of my favs.
    Last edited by Kairi HoHo; 05-22-2019 at 07:20 PM.

Status

Here's the trailer.

Really dug the song lyrics and music with the trailer. When you see Sarah Connor for the first time again it was pretty fun to see. Also seeing Arnold back always gets me pumped. You never know with these movies if they'll be good or average. There's only so much they can do with the concept to me.

Crotchety Old SMOD

Status

Looks alright. Kind of surprised they blew their load with the new advanced Terminator but then again the last movie gave away a major plot point in the trailer so I guess that’s a win.

Could swear that’s the Tiki Motel they’re in at one point, though it could just be me longing for something nostalgic.

Ask Fuji|2019 Movie Log

​​​

On Vacation

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Fuji Vice View Post
    Looks alright. Kind of surprised they blew their load with the new advanced Terminator but then again the last movie gave away a major plot point in the trailer so I guess that’s a win.

Could swear that’s the Tiki Motel they’re in at one point, though it could just be me longing for something nostalgic.

Fuji I think it was that very Motel. If theirs one thing I know from living in Motels, is that sometimes Owners sometimes never change the look of their Motel and keep it stuck in an era. That Motel looks stuck in the 80's

Now to my thoughts on the Trailer I liked it, and I have plenty of questions that I hope they hold back and give us the answers to when we see the film. Questions like why are they protecting that girl with the dark hair, what is her importance? Where's John is he dead is that his kid or kid he adopted?

I imagine John would be 40ish by now so I really wanna know what happened to him. The new Terminator going after our heroes creating new Terminators with ease is cool, and the look is nothing special to look at, it's just whether or not you can create that back that horror factor the first two Terminators had in the franchise. The new female Terminator being half human/Terminator sounds like to me a bite on Salvation and that idea. I guess we'll find how she got like that I imagine really quick. Even Arnold/Terminator how did he get there in that timeline? The look Sarah and Terminator gave each other as if they haven't seen each other in years. Alot of questions which I like , with plenty of Action and Suspense I'm on board. Now don't give a plot hole in this like Genisys did with a Terminator protecting Sarah as a kid, and we never find out who sent back that Terminator.

Status

The trailers for Salvation and Genysis looked better than this one and they were kind of trash but Linda Hamilton back in action is buzzing my nostalgia so i'm optimistic. Interested in knowing where John Connor is in all of this

Status

I know I shouldn't judge CGI in a trailer I'm sure it can improve, but it looked pretty bad in this trailer.

Thread Information