Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Bound For Glory 2017 Discussion Thread

Intercontinental Champion

Status
      Country                    Wales

Re: Bound For Glory 2017 Discussion Thread

Well she has stated it's a private issue so to me that's something health or family related, and if that is really the case then no blame can be put on her.

I will still watch the show as there's a few decent matches on the card...and I really want to see what Rosemary does.
    I have a plan so cunning......

The E-Fed & BTB BRUH!

Status

This is why Impact can't get there shit together. What kinda e ending was that?

Now Playing In The BTB & Non Wrestling BTB Section

Spoiler:

[04:46 AM] Punk Wolf: Willis is our Modern-Day Jesus.
    [06:15 AM]Baldwin: Ily Willy
    [05:35 PM]Jon Snow: Willis, your misogyny must be put to an end.
    [06:57 PM]
    Jim: I like Willis more and more with each day
    [04:43 PM]Jim: Which is why Willis > Natural
    [06:06 AM] King Carl: hes like a roman reigns
    [06:06 AM] King Carl: willis has the raw sex appeal tho
    [11:18 AM]Order: I LOVE BIG WILLY

Spartacus - " There is no greater victory than to fall from this world... A free man. "

Ready For Asuka

Status
      Country                    Puerto Rico

Just finished Bound for Glory and too bad their weren't enough interested people here to watch to live discuss it, can't blame you some people are not willing to buy the PPV, or just isn't into the Company or are too busy to watch it tonight. Still I think the fans in attendance tonight should be commend for being so involved in every Match even when not all the Matches were great, so that means if Impact ever want to stay in Canada in the future and make it their new home they'll be really successful there in my opinion.

As for Matches tonight all were entertaining, but sometimes people like to know the Steak and not hear the Potatoes which means they want to hear the Matches to watch if they want to just watch a Match or two. Well their were three good Matches I felt this show had and one of them was the X-Division Title Match. All the guys involved got their stuff while showing they deserved to be in the Match in the first place. Being in Canada clearly the people wanted Petey Williams to win, and they nearly got it, but Lee proved to be the smartest of the bunch of X-Division and was able to retain his title.

Another good Match I felt clearly might of been the Match of the Night if not the Main Event was LAX vs oVe in a 5150 Street Fight. Man did these guys take a shit ton of bumps and the weapon use was perfection when they wanted to go that route. I'm happy to see Sami Callihan with Impact don't know for how long, but I'm really interested where this might go with the two teams now that the Death Dealer himself is with him, LAX is in trouble now.

Now Patron which leads to me to the Main Event, and Patron was truly savage on the microphone tonight. He talked about the suspension among other and how Impact should of gotten their facts right before suspending him and I wonder if it was a worked shoot or what was real. It felt real even with the JB confrontation and it was made clear Patron is back to being what he's good at, being a heel. Patron attacking Impact and Drake and showing he has no alliances with anyone was great and it was good to see his vicious side he showed in Lucha Underground. I mean he threw Johnny Mundo threw a Window for God's sakes lol. Drake vs Impact was a good Match as well and the fans were into the Match as the Match kept going and I didn't mind the interference. I don't know where this takes Drake now with Impact vs Patron feud happening, but if their feud is anything like their LU feud isn't going it's going to be a treat to watch as a fan of both guys.

Real Women of Genius
    Ongoing, click the link if you want to take a tour of Women's Wrestling
    It's Morphin Time: A Mighty Morphin Walkthrough

Quote Originally Posted by Kairi HoHo View Post
    As for Matches tonight all were entertaining, but sometimes people like to know the Steak and not hear the Potatoes which means they want to hear the Matches to watch if they want to just watch a Match or two.
    uhhhh...what?

Ready For Asuka

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    uhhhh...what?
    Yeah that came outta no where from yeah me lol.

Pretty much Jim I'm saying no one wants me to do a huge review on the show they want to know what Matches to check out so they can move on.

Real Women of Genius

Backyarder

Status

Pretty average show, few things that were terrible, few things that were quite good. Wasn't a terrible show overall, but just never really seemed to get going.

While obviously the ending isn't what you want from the main event of the biggest show of the year, feel like it really some along those lines were the best way to go. The belt really needed to stay on Eli, while an Impact vs El Patron feud is a smart feud to put El Patron in. Only wish that his involvement in the match wasn't so decisive,

Disappointed that is all they could come up with to do with Rosemary. I get it was at such short notice, but it would have been much better if they just put her in the ring, get a mic and say she still wants blood or some shit, and have her face a local talent. Would have taken some time off that dreadful Monsters Ball match as well, which would have been a relief to all watching.

Scumbag Role Model

Status
      Country                    United States

Quote Originally Posted by Kairi HoHo View Post
    Yeah that came outta no where from yeah me lol.

Pretty much Jim I'm saying no one wants me to do a huge review on the show they want to know what Matches to check out so they can move on.
    You just don’t want to do a negative review. Which is fine, I’ll do it for you.

Started okay enough with a okay but forgettable X-Division Match, then an impromptu TV match between Ishimori and Dux that felt unnecessary, then a streak of four extremely sloppy matches. Abyss versus Grado was a disaster. Overbooked and botchy as hell. A late contender for worst match of the year. The Impact vs. AAA match was long and horrible. Pagano is one of the worst wrestlers out there and there was just no chemistry between anybody it felt like. OVE vs LAX was exciting but another match based on interference and the match had some of the dumbest spots I’ve seen in my life. The women’s match was not very good and I knew the result from beginning to end which made it worse. The Lashley/Moose Match was a story match that was just there (here’s a positive: ATT guys are entertaining as fuck) until it turned into a wreck, and the main event was the best match on the show but it felt heatless for a title match and centered around the wrong guy.

I don’t know if I would call this a worst show of the year candidate but it wasn’t very good. HoHo is right when he says this show and most of the matches are entertaining, but of course that’s not always a good thing. Most of those matches got entertaining due to how sloppy and cringey they were getting. I gave this show a chance because I love when a company tries and beyond all the negative headlines, it really did feel like this scrappy, seemingly immortal promotion was going to have a good night. In the end, I don’t know if I would call this a success because while the crowd was fine for most of the show, several other elements made this a misfire for the company’s “biggest show of the year”. Two very awful matches (Monsters Ball and AAA vs Impact), I’m not a star guy but your best match (Drake vs Impact) felt like a ***1/2 at best, interference in half of the card’s matches, nothing that made the show feel like a spectacle, questionable booking in a few matches, SEVERAL technical issues which of course HoHo isn’t going to tell you about, and too much focus on El Patron in the show (his promo felt really gross)

There are some positives but the negatives on this show unfortunately outnumber the positives.
    -------
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiZ-R View Post
    What the fuck is happening to you guys? I once got a blowjob where she used her teeth a little bit too much and I ended up with a bloody dick, I still enjoyed the blowjob up to the point I started bleeding. I can honestly say that I have never had anything I would call a bad blowjob, that wasn't a great experience but up until I started gushing blood I was having a great time!
    Spoiler:

Sky Blue Hyper Technican

Status
      Country                    Great Britain

Was going to watch the show but then I heard to was horrible and put on DDT instead. Shame about that because this was really promising and I was excited to see a potential turn of the corner for Impact. I might watch the main event later though.
    Spoiler:

Intercontinental Champion

Status
      Country                    Wales

Talk about being underwhelmed by the show. I had high hopes for a few of these matches, and whilst the Tag Title match was fun, and the X Division guys did their usual stuff, it all felt a bit thrown together and disjointed.

Far too much focus was put on the returning El Patron. Too much interference going on throughout the show, one too many guys "showing up" stop trying to follow WWE's route, and a couple of matches dragging on for too long. Not a great mix.

However there are positives that can be taken forward. Rosemary/Abyss teasing a Decay reunion, in Eli Drake & oVe there's two Champions that they can build the show around moving forward, even more so when you throw Sami Callihan into the mix. We've got the inevitable Knockouts battle over a vacant title if Gail does go through with her retirement, and we've got a El Patron who is being unpredictable. Let's see how the tapings pan out.
    I have a plan so cunning......

Ready For Asuka

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Darling Nicky View Post
    You just don’t want to do a negative review. Which is fine, I’ll do it for you.

Started okay enough with a okay but forgettable X-Division Match, then an impromptu TV match between Ishimori and Dux that felt unnecessary, then a streak of four extremely sloppy matches. Abyss versus Grado was a disaster. Overbooked and botchy as hell. A late contender for worst match of the year. The Impact vs. AAA match was long and horrible. Pagano is one of the worst wrestlers out there and there was just no chemistry between anybody it felt like. OVE vs LAX was exciting but another match based on interference and the match had some of the dumbest spots I’ve seen in my life. The women’s match was not very good and I knew the result from beginning to end which made it worse. The Lashley/Moose Match was a story match that was just there (here’s a positive: ATT guys are entertaining as fuck) until it turned into a wreck, and the main event was the best match on the show but it felt heatless for a title match and centered around the wrong guy.

I don’t know if I would call this a worst show of the year candidate but it wasn’t very good. HoHo is right when he says this show and most of the matches are entertaining, but of course that’s not always a good thing. Most of those matches got entertaining due to how sloppy and cringey they were getting. I gave this show a chance because I love when a company tries and beyond all the negative headlines, it really did feel like this scrappy, seemingly immortal promotion was going to have a good night. In the end, I don’t know if I would call this a success because while the crowd was fine for most of the show, several other elements made this a misfire for the company’s “biggest show of the year”. Two very awful matches (Monsters Ball and AAA vs Impact), I’m not a star guy but your best match (Drake vs Impact) felt like a ***1/2 at best, interference in half of the card’s matches, nothing that made the show feel like a spectacle, questionable booking in a few matches, SEVERAL technical issues which of course HoHo isn’t going to tell you about, and too much focus on El Patron in the show (his promo felt really gross)

There are some positives but the negatives on this show unfortunately outnumber the positives.
    For anyone who watches Impact like Baldrick and myself on a daily basis they would know I have no fear to give my negative views on Impact check the Impact thread out we do it all the time lol. Oh I recognizes the Technical issuses they weren't hidden as well vs NJPW did at least for me and I think you're talking about during Interviews in the back you couldn't hear it people talking right?

I knew the Monsters Ball Match wasn't going to be all that great, neither guy is a great Wrestler so everything that happened in that wasn't a shock to me. Even the ending of Grado losing to Abyss makes no sense, you would think he wins to carry on with Impact that was the stipulation you forget to say, he wins he stays with Impact, and he loss to Abyss so now he's gone again lol. I don't know what will they do now, not just with Rosemary interfered in the Match, Abyss and Grado. I don't know how you somehow get Grado back with Impact.

oVe vs LAX was great to me, and the fans were chanting this is awesome not to say hey people can't be wrong, but the spots were great don't know how these guys didn't kill each each other with those spots during this Match. Jake Crist eating those Chairs with that Suplex was sick and I think oVe doing what LAX done to everybody...EVERYBODY it makes sense that oVe wake and say we need to play their game to win this Match. I mean you can't complain about someone interfering LAX done it in just all of their Matches since arriving so I was happy to see the decision for their opponents to do it to them. Which will make LAX rally the troops and have to bring in someone in to deal with Sami to even up the odds. You see if someone who hasn't watched the product in months or more watched this show or just read the review, they don't understand the arc that has been going on with LAX and oVe and I can say that with any Match. You gotta go back to the Impact shows all before this, to see how what went on with this Match making so much sense.

In the Cage Match Bonnar and Mo were truly props to make Lashley and Moose look great, even though Bonnar had some good spots when he was knocking down Moose and fighting with Lashley and having success. If was just Moose vs Lashley in the Cage it would be en a better Match the Impact people in charge will eventually think yeah we fucked up with the structure and decision to have Bonnar and Mo in there with no Pro Wrestling experience. Drake vs Impact was good, all their Matches together have been entertaining and for some people Patron does leave a sore spot for for the Main Event that was doing well, but look at the importance of it. Patron feels I imagine that Impact took his spot after the suspension, they gave everything to him, and they knew him out the Door so their storyline is going to be easy to understand and I look forward to a evil Patron. As for Drake I'm sure they'll find him a filler opponent if they don't do some kind of triple threat with Impact and Patron since Patron attacked him too, but Garza could be a filler opponent that he could have some great Matches with till they find a suitable opponent for him for many months. Like everyone has said negatives and positives make this show a maybe a 2.5 outta 5 for me, but we've got multiple months of tapings to see if everything turns out right going forward so I look forward to seeing them.

Real Women of Genius

THE HEARTBREAK KID

Status
      Country                    Portugal

So I got round to watching Bound for Glory and it was okay- very strange to see it as their Mania though- really felt like a normal show to me and nothing stood out in a way that I thought, wow, that's awesome.

The debuts/returns were kinda' meh to me. Sami is a good signing but I really don't like OVE for some reason. I don't understand why the one guy was wearing all black in formal wear and his partner was in tights- felt odd to me. I enjoyed the street fight though, there was some cool spots and it was entertaining. Plus, I like LAX. Jimmy Jacobs appears to be just jumping on the buzz of his sacking- I mean Josh Mathews has already used the, he wanted a selfie line twice lol. It also didn't help that pretty much all there "surprises" were met with little to no crowd reaction.

Moose & Lashley match was kinda cool. I think the top team guys did pretty well to get involved and King Mo took a few bumps as did the guy with Moose. Credit to them.

X-Division match needed a gimmick for me. It felt done already.

As expected- Drake & Impact had the match of the night but it was never in doubt. Patron return was pretty much teased from the moment the show was live- so you kinda' knew what was going to happen which killed it slightly.

Thread Information