Thread: WWE NXT Discussion: September 13th, 2017

Pony Mod

Status
      Country                    Australia

WWE NXT WWE NXT Discussion: September 13th, 2017

WWE NXT preview, Sept. 13, 2017: Wolfgang looks to capture WWE United Kingdom Title from The BruiserWeight
    The WWE United Kingdom Championship will be on the line in a huge main event when Pete Dunne defends his coveted championship against Wolfgang.

These two seasoned competitors have yet to face one another within WWE or NXT’s squared circle despite both having successful runs in the inaugural WWE United Kingdom Championship Tournament back in January.

Just three weeks ago, The BruiserWeight and “The Last King of Scotland” joined forces in a successful tag team victory over Tyler Bate & Trent Seven. Wolfgang’s impressive performance was enough to earn a title opportunity tonight, and he now has the chance to become just the third man to ever hold the prized WWE United Kingdom Title.

Can the high-flying heavyweight dethrone the ruthless Dunne? Find out tonight at 8/7 C, streaming on the award-winning WWE Network.

Who will team up with Ruby Riot against Peyton Royce & Billie Kay?
    Ruby Riot has been in the crosshairs of The Iconic Duo for the past few weeks, and now the fierce rebel is out for retribution.

Riot’s conflict with Billie Kay & Peyton Royce began after the judgmental pair mocked Riot’s tattoos and ear piercings behind her back. Riot went on to defeat Kay in a head-to-head showdown before losing to Royce two weeks later thanks to Kay’s interference.

Because of the Aussies’ shenanigans, Riot requested a Handicap Match from General Manager William Regal, who ended up offering Riot a tag team match against her Iconic foes. However, will Riot take Regal up on his instruction to find a tag team partner, or will she try to battle her adversaries on her own? And, if Riot does try to find a tag team partner, who will she get to join her?

See who — if anyone — joins Riot to team against The Iconic Duo tonight at 8/7 C on NXT.

What is Adam Cole, Bobby Fish and Kyle O’Reilly’s next move?
    Adam Cole, Bobby Fish and Kyle O’Reilly are causing turmoil in NXT, and General Manager William Regal is not happy about it. Regal made that much clear last week on NXT when he delivered a strong message to the trio via a backstage video. Regal conveyed to Cole, Fish and O’Reilly that they can be a part of NXT, but there can be no more jumping people in the parking lot or the Performance Center. All fighting must happen inside the ring.

While the NXT Universe waits to see how this rebellious group responds to Regal’s statement, Cole gave a hint on social media by tweeting what could be interpreted as a sarcastic response.

There’s always the chance Cole, Fish and O’Reilly could show up tonight and follow Regal’s orders by no longer attacking anyone outside the ring. Yet, if history tells us anything, this isn’t the most likely outcome. So, how will these renegade Superstars respond?

Find out tonight at 8/7 C on an all-new NXT on WWE Network.

The Bastard of Bolton

Status

Re: WWE NXT Discussion: September 13th, 2017

Enjoyed this week's episode of NXT quite a lot. Going into the opening contest I think I had that concern others had that Ruby would be saddled with Liv Morgan as her tag team partner. Instead they gave us a major upgrade in that swerve with Nikki Cross. Love how Ruby sold her confusion in regards to her hated rival giving her an assist against the duo. If this means more matches down the line with the Iconic Duo against Nikki and Ruby, Count me in. Can't wait for Lars Sullivan vs No Way Jose next week. That will be good. When I see Riddick Moss and Tino Sabatelli. Part of me wonders why we don't see more of them on TV. They have a good look and decent characters. Yet when it comes to in the ring they definitely are far from the finished product. However given time I still have some hope for them. Digging Gargano having PTSD following the Ciampa split. Love the street profits. They bring the fun massively each time they are here. My only concern with them and it's the same I have with Heavy Machinery. I can't see them competing at a takeover against the likes of Sanity, Fish/O'Reilly or the authors and so on. Also have to add not sure what it is.. But I quite like the ealy brothers every time I see them. Main event was enjoyable. IMO if the UK show keeps getting held back could we not see Pete Dunne at least be put on Raw or Smackdown. He'd be a welcome addition. Loved the post match interactions between the Undisputed Era (not a fan of this name.) and the UK guys. Dunne being a dick and going back for his title was fantastic. But fuck me I'd be down for seeing Cole/Fish/O'Reilly vs Wolfgang/Bate/Seven.

Pony Mod

Status
      Country                    Australia

- ICONIC DUOOO. I wish someone looked at me the way Billie Kay & Peyton Royce look at each other.

Man, this turned out so much better than the Liv Morgan option I was suspecting. A great subversion to the usual 'oi find a tag partner you absolute dolt' angle in that Ruby either couldn't find a tag partner, or flat-out wouldn't, wanting to get things done on her own terms. And due to that, she gets beaten senseless because she refused to step up to the numbers. Then a tag partner arrives out of the blue, and it's Nikki godamned Cross, legitimately the last woman on the roster I would've suspected to come to Ruby's aid. She lays waste to poor Peyton & Billie, tags out, and leaves without a word, saving Ruby and giving her the win. It was so genuinely unexpected that it turned an okay, yet somewhat sloppy match, into something cool and enticing to watch.

- All I have to do to laugh at Riddick Moss is to put my hand over the first three letters of his name. I'm easily amused, I know. Dick Moss aside, the guy actually seemed fairly competent. Obviously still has a way to go, mind you, but there's promise there. No idea how Tino is, but they could certainly add another pair of bodies to the tag division if needed.

So Johnny definitely has PTSD, right? That sudden blank stare into nothingless after Riddick escaped from the Garga-No-Escape had to be a reaction from, like, some dude in the audience wearing a #DIY shirt or something. That or he's great at showing self-doubt and human emotions. Probably both.

- Angelo Dawkins without his headbands looks distressingly naked. Dude's had them on for like three years straight, it's hard for me to picture him with a forehead. On the plus side, Angelo finally shows something likeable about himself when he reacted to Ealy Brother #1 taking his shitty headbands away from him by punching the piss out of him. Great! Less bowl gestures, more punching the piss out of people, Angie.

- I legitimately cringe whenever Pete Dunne does that thing where he starts to bend someone's fingers the wrong way, then pauses, then just wrenches on them. Fuckin' owwww. Working someone's arm is one thing, but going specifically for their fingers seems so... pointedly sadistic. Like someone saying 'fuck these things in particular.'

I guess if them attacking both Drew McIntye (face) and Sanity (heel, kinda, maybe?) didn't confirm it, CFO's assault on Pete Dunne & Wolfgang does: They don't give two shits about alignments. They see ass, they'll kick it. As an aside, flol at Pete Dunne watching from the ramp as Wolfgang gets shredded by CFOs, pauses dramatically, and charges in, could we be seeing the most unlikely face turn since ever? Nah, dude rolls in, grabs his UK title, and peaces out. Oh, Pete. You're an absolute dick.

So now it can be The Dishonored vs The UK Faces Division vs Sanity for Trios action, neat. Add in Roddy Strong, Pete Dunne, and Drew McIntyre on each respective side for QUATROS ACTION.

WUBBA LUBBA DUB DUB

Status

Opening match felt a lot more like a way to set up an angle with Riot and Cross. I maintain that Cross just really likes Ruby cos she hit her fucking hard in there feud and she respects the shit out of that. Any chance we get a women's tag division with the influx of new talent from the Mae Young Classic? Maybe a women's Dusty Classic?

The Gargano/Moss match was pretty darn impressive to me considering Moss has done so little of worth since his first appearance on NXT TV. Very enjoyable and Johnny Wrestling's freak out was great, for a second I thought he was gonna channel Ciampa's Psycho Killer gimmick and just murder Riddick... but he didn't; his heart is still pure, mostly.

I love the Street Profits. Love them. Love.

Wolfgang/Dunne was solid. Dunne's work with Undisputed (okay, Dishonoured would've been a way better name, but whatever) was the best part though. Him lowering the belt before clocking O'Reilly was fantastic but the best moment of the whole show was Pete watching the beatdown to Wolfgang and running back to save... his fucking championship title belt! What a giant fucking cunt! Part of me is hoping for the obvious trio's match to lead to a Moustache Mountain heel turn and alignment with Dunne and the rise of British Strong Style in NXT, but I guess we'll just have to wait and see on that front.

That Asuka piece they aired was really good. Got me excited for her main roster debut... then I remembered that Vince will be booking her, so she'll be ruined in a matter of months, if that. Sad times.

Scumbag Role Model

Status
      Country                    United States

Cross being fucking awesome again. Really enjoyed that Iconic Duo/Cross and Riot match for what it was. Cross has a chance to be the biggest face on the whole roster. Crowd eats up everything she does.

Really like the story that Gargano's still a bit traumatized from Chicago but I really don't enjoy watching a long match that Riddick Moss is mostly controlling. Good story, boring match.

Dunne/Wolfgang was alright. Dunne faking coming back in just for his belt was wonderful.
    -------
    [07:37 PM] Shake: I am obsessed with Nicky its true
    -------
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiZ-R View Post
    What the fuck is happening to you guys? I once got a blowjob where she used her teeth a little bit too much and I ended up with a bloody dick, I still enjoyed the blowjob up to the point I started bleeding. I can honestly say that I have never had anything I would call a bad blowjob, that wasn't a great experience but up until I started gushing blood I was having a great time!

Sweet Meat

Status

Sanity are babies now. They just turned by beating up heels.

Spoiler:

I solemnly swear I am up to no good

Quote Originally Posted by Steve
    I stopped reading when it became clear it was the same butthurt smarkf*g "real wrasslin'" crybaby rant on every youtube vid featuring Cena.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff Bagwell on John Cena
    But I think he's bigger than Buff Bagwell. I really do.
    [02:00 AM] Dakstang : girls ain't dudes

Scumbag Role Model

Status
      Country                    United States

Quote Originally Posted by Dook View Post
    Sanity are babies now. They just turned by beating up heels.
    No shit, Sherlock.
    -------
    [07:37 PM] Shake: I am obsessed with Nicky its true
    -------
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiZ-R View Post
    What the fuck is happening to you guys? I once got a blowjob where she used her teeth a little bit too much and I ended up with a bloody dick, I still enjoyed the blowjob up to the point I started bleeding. I can honestly say that I have never had anything I would call a bad blowjob, that wasn't a great experience but up until I started gushing blood I was having a great time!

LARIATOOOOOOOO

Status
      Country                    England

The ROH guys targeting the UK guys is the most interesting direction they could of gone in; no-one is safe right now from Cole BAYBAY. Didn't see that happening, thought Cole would go straight after Drew and the title. British Strong Style Vs Undisputed Era I'd be down for at a takeover.

I think Dawkins has finally found his calling with Street Profits. Those guys have caught fire very early, the crowd love the gimmick and NXT has a need for new tag teams right now so the planets are aligning for him. His partner feels like the bigger star. Hopefully they'll get a few years under their belts tagging with each other in NXT.

Really enjoyed Nikki Cross being the surprise tag partner of Ruby, but didn't think the crowd reacted to it as much as I was expecting them too.

Thread Information