Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: WWE Tuesday Night Smackdown Live Discussion Thread - September 12th, 2017

SIX F'N STARS

Status

Re: WWE Tuesday Night Smackdown Live Discussion Thread - September 12th, 2017

Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post
    so I'm wondering if the AJ/Shane criticisms were purely because it was Wrestlemania.
    Yeah I would assume a lot of it had to do with it being WrestleMania. But also, AJ Styles is a bona fide star and Kevin Owens, well, he's on his way but he definitely lost some momentum after his awesome debut. I think most fans of his probably see this as a stepping stone to greater things and are just happy to see him back on any track.

Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post
    Gotta love Dolph mocking Ultimate Warrior's entrance the same night Dana Warrior was in attendance for the MYC Finale This gimmick is pure shit.
    I actually really enjoy the gimmick but I didn't see the Warrior stuff yet, I only saw the Fake Shane prior to D-Bry coming out. He nailed the dance. I thought it was great, tbh. Loved Alvarez hating on this earlier, though. I recall when he did the Naomi one (among others) Alvarez took the time to praise everyone Dolph mocked, because until that point he didn't realize how much talent they must actually have, given how poorly Dolph's versions came off.

I feel for Dolph. He's got a "do the best with the role you'll never leave" thing going and a lot of people would become complacent but it at least looks like he cares about making the most of it.

I HAVE STARTED STREAMING MY GAME SESSIONS
    ...COME AND CHECK IT OUT IF YOU'RE BORED,OK?

Scumbag Role Model

Status
    Living in Norfolk, VA. Born in Boston, Mass.
      Country                    United States

Quote Originally Posted by Natural
    I feel for Dolph. He's got a "do the best with the role you'll never leave" thing going and a lot of people would become complacent but it at least looks like he cares about making the most of it
    But that's what's so shit about these segments. First of all, it's not like it takes much of an effort to go out there and lacklusterly made fun of gimmicks and entrances. Second of all, if in story he's fed up and reminding us that he doesn't care about the fans at all, why have him constantly waste five minutes of the fans time saying it over and over? Makes zero sense and doesn't make for a genuinely good heel. This whole thing is fucked. It's dumb and it doesn't feel like a man trolling me and being good at his job. It feels like a man having a mid life crisis (which sounds great on paper but ends up being incredibly sad)

We give the company a hard time because they seem to have forgotten how to book a likable babyface since the rise and fall of Daniel Bryan, but even in this new era where most of the time the focus is getting heat for heels, they can't even have heels stay true to their form. Hypocratic heels but in the way where it tarnishes their whole appeal and gimmick. Ziggler's whole shit is confusing and dumb, Jinder Mahal is telling us to stop being racist but now he's an uncloseted Japanophobe, Owens the asskicker is now Owens the barrister, etc. The characters are already hard to execute and then they're put out to the back to get shot when they're tinkered with one too many times all for the sake of getting heat, which feels like the number one goal these days. It's terrible.
    -------
    [07:37 PM] Shake: I am obsessed with Nicky its true
    -------
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiZ-R View Post
    What the fuck is happening to you guys? I once got a blowjob where she used her teeth a little bit too much and I ended up with a bloody dick, I still enjoyed the blowjob up to the point I started bleeding. I can honestly say that I have never had anything I would call a bad blowjob, that wasn't a great experience but up until I started gushing blood I was having a great time!

stressed but chillin

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Darling Nicky View Post
    But that's what's so shit about these segments. First of all, it's not like it takes much of an effort to go out there and lacklusterly made fun of gimmicks and entrances. Second of all, if in story he's fed up and reminding us that he doesn't care about the fans at all, why have him constantly waste five minutes of the fans time saying it over and over? Makes zero sense and doesn't make for a genuinely good heel. This whole thing is fucked. It's dumb and it doesn't feel like a man trolling me and being good at his job. It feels like a man having a mid life crisis (which sounds great on paper but ends up being incredibly sad)

We give the company a hard time because they seem to have forgotten how to book a likable babyface since the rise and fall of Daniel Bryan, but even in this new era where most of the time the focus is getting heat for heels, they can't even have heels stay true to their form. Hypocratic heels but in the way where it tarnishes their whole appeal and gimmick. Ziggler's whole shit is confusing and dumb, Jinder Mahal is telling us to stop being racist but now he's an uncloseted Japanophobe, Owens the asskicker is now Owens the barrister, etc. The characters are already hard to execute and then they're put out to the back to get shot when they're tinkered with one too many times all for the sake of getting heat, which feels like the number one goal these days. It's terrible.
    I 100% agree on all of this. I kinda liked the mid-life crisis type thing Ziggler started on, and I actually don't mind the mic work from him talking about how the fans don't care about him anymore even though he's good in the ring. I'm hoping that this thing with Ziggler eventually leads to him being more aggressive in the ring (when he finally has matches again), and picking up steam to perhaps hang around the main title picture, or at least have some type of feud with Orton or Styles for the U.S. title. I'm not big on Ziggler, but since this is something they'll be pushing for a while I'd like it to at least interest me.

BTW, I hope SOMETHING comes out of that Rusev promo. He said he was going to crush a legend, so I'm not completely sure where that's heading besides him becoming Rusev "The Legend Crusher".

Spoiler:

SIX F'N STARS

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Darling Nicky View Post
    I guess I just see it in a different light, which should be understandable given that I've stopped watching the shows in-full and rely on highlights to get me through.

BUT-

I disagree about two things. The first being that it doesn't take much effort to make lackluster mockeries. Actually that part I agree with. But I think the larger point is that Ziggler should not be going above and beyond to give 110% and 'do it better' than those gimmicks - he's clearly making fun of those and mocking the wrestlers' reliance on said gimmicks. To expect or want more, or chastise him for half-assing it is missing the point, I think.

And the part where he reminds people he doesn't care about fans and then wastes time saying it over and over. He obviously does care about the fans - either directly or as a result of how they affect his paycheck. He's a man at the end of his rope struggling to make the most of his shitty position, both in-and-out of kayfabe, and lashing out. The more he has to tell us that he doesn't care, the clearer it gets that he really does. This is one of the few storylines in WWE that feels like it's laced with reality, from what I've seen.

I'm digging it, brahs.

I HAVE STARTED STREAMING MY GAME SESSIONS
    ...COME AND CHECK IT OUT IF YOU'RE BORED,OK?

People's Champion

Status
      Country                    United States

That Owens beat down on Vince was sweet. Props to McMahon for making KO look good

Sent from my Z799VL using Tapatalk

Thread Information