Page 37 of 37 FirstFirst ... 27353637
Results 721 to 739 of 739

Thread: 2017-18 NFL Playoffs Thread - Conference Championship Weekend

  1. #721
    Meh
    v4yne's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    4,140
    Rep Power
    64008
      Country                    United States

    Re: 2017 NFL Playoffs Thread - Divisional Round Start

    Maybe Kirk Cousins will go to Jacksonville instead of Denver next year.

    :P


    And pfft, you just really really hate the Jaguars, don't you Fuji?

    #BelieveInBortles
    My whims will become lightning bolts that raze the mounds of humanity

  2. #722
    DECADE OF DOOMINANCE~!
    King Dong DOOM's Avatar

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    9,102
    Rep Power
    134351
      Country                    United States

    Re: 2017 NFL Playoffs Thread - Divisional Round Start

    Quote Originally Posted by v4yne View Post
    Maybe Kirk Cousins will go to Jacksonville instead of Denver next year.

    :P


    And pfft, you just really really hate the Jaguars, don't you Fuji?

    #BelieveInBortles
    In worse-case scenario, the Cleveland Browns, where your NFL career goes to die.

    I'm kidding, but Cousins will definitely end up with a team in the NFL in 2018. The offensive line in Washington's horrific, as they allowed Cousins to get sacked 38 times, resulting in 13 fumbles, losing 5. I know, I was shocked of those stats. If he ends up going to a team with an good offensive line and a good receiving core, he'll definitely fit right in.
    "He's lost in some kinda berserker rage and now he cannot feel the pain anymore!"



  3. #723
    Meh
    v4yne's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    4,140
    Rep Power
    64008
      Country                    United States

    Re: 2017 NFL Playoffs Thread - Divisional Round Start

    I'd like to see him in Denver.

    I think it'd be a good fit.
    My whims will become lightning bolts that raze the mounds of humanity

  4. #724
    SOS Brigade Member
    Grim's Avatar

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Sleepy Eye, Minnesota
    Posts
    4,446
    Rep Power
    59646
      Country                    United States

    Re: 2017 NFL Playoffs Thread - Divisional Round Start

    I can imagine Cousins being good enough in Cleveland. Their o-line is far from awful and their defense is stout enough to hold its own. They just have a hilariously awful set of QBs.


    Grim's Threads

    Spoiler:

    Grim Reviews Random Games / AWA: Eye Of The Storm



  5. #725
    Meh
    v4yne's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    4,140
    Rep Power
    64008
      Country                    United States

    Re: 2017 NFL Playoffs Thread - Divisional Round Start

    They have some solid players. Josh Gordon looked good in his return.

    I mean, I can't say enough about Joe Thomas. Myles Garrett looks quite good.

    They have plenty to work with. Definitely could use a better coaching staff, though. And for once a solid QB.
    My whims will become lightning bolts that raze the mounds of humanity

  6. #726
    DECADE OF DOOMINANCE~!
    King Dong DOOM's Avatar

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    9,102
    Rep Power
    134351
      Country                    United States

    Re: 2017 NFL Playoffs Thread - Divisional Round Start

    Quote Originally Posted by v4yne View Post
    I'd like to see him in Denver.

    I think it'd be a good fit.
    The Broncos already have a decent receiving core with Sanders and Thomas, it may possibly be a good team for him. If not, the Giants may be a good fit for Cousins. They got a very good receiving core, consisting of ODB, Marshall, Engram, and Shepard, he'll have it made in New York. Their defense would be he next step of improvement.
    Last edited by King Dong DOOM; Yesterday at 12:36 AM.
    "He's lost in some kinda berserker rage and now he cannot feel the pain anymore!"



  7. #727
    Crotchety Old SMOD

    Fuji Vice's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    The Wing Kong Exchange
    Posts
    25,380
    Rep Power
    493823
      Country                    Canada

    Re: 2017 NFL Playoffs Thread - Divisional Round Start

    Quote Originally Posted by v4yne View Post
    And pfft, you just really really hate the Jaguars, don't you Fuji?
    I don't hate any team in the NFL, I just don't think the Jaguars are as good as some people do. As I've said multiple times, they had one of the easiest schedules in league history when you factor in all the injured players on the teams they faced. I can't remember a time that a team has had basically everything fall their way and if that stops happening they're toast. I won't be shocked in the slightest if they don't even make the playoffs next year.


    Ask Fuji|2018 Movie Log

    WC's Fave Five Star Wars Characters Episode II: Attack of the Sequel~!

    ​​​



    Quote Originally Posted by Swamps
    Get out and kick their ass! Even if its Grandma!








  8. #728
     
    Sully's Avatar

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    2,737
    Rep Power
    138164

    Re: 2017 NFL Playoffs Thread - Divisional Round Start

    Quote Originally Posted by Grim View Post
    I can imagine Cousins being good enough in Cleveland. Their o-line is far from awful and their defense is stout enough to hold its own. They just have a hilariously awful set of QBs.
    Plus if they draft Barkley like currently projected, that offense might suddenly turn around.

  9. #729
    Striving for a B+ in life
    The Golden One's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Orlando, Florida
    Posts
    6,405
    Rep Power
    163212
      Country                    United States

    Re: 2017 NFL Playoffs Thread - Divisional Round Start

    In to say that, as a Saints fan, I love Sean Payton and think his Eric Bischoff/wrestling heel shtick of mocking the opposing teams is hilarious. Rivalries are fun. I hope he continues being an asshole.


    "The Golden One" Devin Golden

    3x FWA World Heavyweight Champion
    2x FWA X Champion
    4x FWA Tag Team Champion
    Final record: 94-58-10


    Shannon O'Neal
    2x FWA Women's Champion
    1x FWA World Champion


  10. #730
    Meh
    v4yne's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    4,140
    Rep Power
    64008
      Country                    United States

    Re: 2017-18 NFL Playoffs Thread - Conference Championship Weekend

    Maybe he should try less bad 4th down play calls, though. =p

    The Jaguars have a really good pass rush. They are not that good at stopping the run.

    They are definitely being overrated, because I had a conversation last night with a few people who said the were at the least on the top 3 best defenses of all time.

    I said "So you think they are better than the 2013 Seahawks, the 2015 Broncos, 85 Bears, 00 Ravens, etc?"

    Their response was that Seattle's defense has always been overrated, Broncos were only good because Peyton, and said they were at least as good as the Ravens maybe not quite as good as 85 Bears.


    Also said Sherman couldn't hang with Jalen Ramsey.

    So....Yeah.
    My whims will become lightning bolts that raze the mounds of humanity

  11. #731
    SOS Brigade Member
    Grim's Avatar

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Sleepy Eye, Minnesota
    Posts
    4,446
    Rep Power
    59646
      Country                    United States

    Re: 2017-18 NFL Playoffs Thread - Conference Championship Weekend

    Quote Originally Posted by v4yne View Post
    Maybe he should try less bad 4th down play calls, though. =p

    The Jaguars have a really good pass rush. They are not that good at stopping the run.

    They are definitely being overrated, because I had a conversation last night with a few people who said the were at the least on the top 3 best defenses of all time.

    I said "So you think they are better than the 2013 Seahawks, the 2015 Broncos, 85 Bears, 00 Ravens, etc?"

    Their response was that Seattle's defense has always been overrated, Broncos were only good because Peyton, and said they were at least as good as the Ravens maybe not quite as good as 85 Bears.


    Also said Sherman couldn't hang with Jalen Ramsey.

    So....Yeah.
    Lol, that's hilarious, because the Vikings' defense is much more likely to be considered historically great than lame-ass Sacksonville.


    Grim's Threads

    Spoiler:

    Grim Reviews Random Games / AWA: Eye Of The Storm



  12. #732
    Meh
    v4yne's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    4,140
    Rep Power
    64008
      Country                    United States

    Re: 2017-18 NFL Playoffs Thread - Conference Championship Weekend

    Quote Originally Posted by Grim View Post
    Lol, that's hilarious, because the Vikings' defense is much more likely to be considered historically great than lame-ass Sacksonville.
    I'd take the Vikings d overall more so.

    Calais Campbell is the most impressive on Sacksonville by along shot. I wouldn't put Jalen Ramsey above Xavier Rhodes.

    Also, Keenum is a lot better than Bortles. Keenum is far from amazing, but Bortles is more or less a 3rd down running back, who occasionally throws a screen.
    My whims will become lightning bolts that raze the mounds of humanity

  13. #733

    Panther's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Not Djibouti
    Posts
    6,381
    Rep Power
    262318
      Country                    Djibouti

    Re: 2017-18 NFL Playoffs Thread - Conference Championship Weekend

    Quote Originally Posted by Grim View Post
    Lol, that's hilarious, because the Vikings' defense is much more likely to be considered historically great than lame-ass Sacksonville.
    *Much* more likely? They're neck and neck in basically every defensive category.

    Jags D getting no respect in here. I'm not brave enough to call it but I think they can beat Brady based on his history against mean pass rushes.

    Taptalmatic



    Silk's Big Dumb Video Game Thread
    WC Rumble Winner 2017: I guess that makes me less lame



    Never Forget
    Spoiler:



  14. #734
    Meh
    v4yne's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    4,140
    Rep Power
    64008
      Country                    United States

    Re: 2017-18 NFL Playoffs Thread - Conference Championship Weekend

    Quote Originally Posted by Panther View Post
    *Much* more likely? They're neck and neck in basically every defensive category.

    Jags D getting no respect in here. I'm not brave enough to call it but I think they can beat Brady based on his history against mean pass rushes.

    Taptalmatic
    Their stats are padded by an easy season based against rough seasons of the other high end defenses.

    Still, anyone who thinks this game won't be anything but a war? A moron.

    Brady does not fare well against the pass rush, and also has had a down year. If you look at the last few months, his Int to TD rating is the worst he has had since his first two years.

    Another key note? While their defense has heavily increased as a pass rush, they are still very bad at the rush defense. Fournette is going to look like a god in this game.

    Literally the only advantage that Patriots have is coaching and the QB. Every other aspect? In Jags favor.

    Granted, that's still huge to Pats...But if Brady's hand injury isn't bogus, and he isn't 100%? Pheeeew, tell you what...They control the TOP with Fournette and quick screens and play action?

    We're gonna see some #Bradying.
    My whims will become lightning bolts that raze the mounds of humanity

  15. #735

    Panther's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Not Djibouti
    Posts
    6,381
    Rep Power
    262318
      Country                    Djibouti

    Re: 2017-18 NFL Playoffs Thread - Conference Championship Weekend

    Quote Originally Posted by v4yne View Post
    Their stats are padded by an easy season based against rough seasons of the other high end defenses.
    So are we just supposed to naturally assume they're bad because of the schedule they played? The talent on that side of the ball is the truth, I don't care who they played and a lot of the experts agree, for whatever that's worth. Jalen Ramsey's already one of the best corners in the league.

    I mean you can nitpick the schedule of any great team and find the flaws. The Vikings didn't play THAT many good offenses and they lost to two of them (Steelers and Panthers both put up 25+), and you can't tell me they didn't get to pad their stats by playing the Bears and Brett Hundley twice. That's not me throwing their defense under the bus, because they are excellent, I'm just trying to prove a point.



    Silk's Big Dumb Video Game Thread
    WC Rumble Winner 2017: I guess that makes me less lame



    Never Forget
    Spoiler:



  16. #736
    DECADE OF DOOMINANCE~!
    King Dong DOOM's Avatar

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    9,102
    Rep Power
    134351
      Country                    United States

    Re: 2017-18 NFL Playoffs Thread - Conference Championship Weekend

    I have no comparisons of both the Jaguars and Vikings defenses. In my opinion, you have to give both teams credit for their defenses to get them to their conference championships.

    As for Brady's injury, the Patriots should pray and hope Brady's capable to play with a hand injury. The Jaguars defense's waiting for him.
    "He's lost in some kinda berserker rage and now he cannot feel the pain anymore!"



  17. #737
    Meh
    v4yne's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    4,140
    Rep Power
    64008
      Country                    United States

    Re: 2017-18 NFL Playoffs Thread - Conference Championship Weekend

    Quote Originally Posted by Panther View Post
    So are we just supposed to naturally assume they're bad because of the schedule they played? The talent on that side of the ball is the truth, I don't care who they played and a lot of the experts agree, for whatever that's worth. Jalen Ramsey's already one of the best corners in the league.

    I mean you can nitpick the schedule of any great team and find the flaws. The Vikings didn't play THAT many good offenses and they lost to two of them (Steelers and Panthers both put up 25+), and you can't tell me they didn't get to pad their stats by playing the Bears and Brett Hundley twice. That's not me throwing their defense under the bus, because they are excellent, I'm just trying to prove a point.
    No, I never said that. All I am saying is they are not nearly on the level of 85 Bears, 13 Hawks, or the Doomsday Defense.

    Yes, they are very good. But on the mark for rivaling LOB, Doomsday, and 85 Bears?


    Well, if you think so...........
    My whims will become lightning bolts that raze the mounds of humanity

  18. #738

    Panther's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Not Djibouti
    Posts
    6,381
    Rep Power
    262318
      Country                    Djibouti

    Re: 2017-18 NFL Playoffs Thread - Conference Championship Weekend

    Quote Originally Posted by v4yne View Post
    No, I never said that. All I am saying is they are not nearly on the level of 85 Bears, 13 Hawks, or the Doomsday Defense.

    Yes, they are very good. But on the mark for rivaling LOB, Doomsday, and 85 Bears?


    Well, if you think so...........
    Well yeah, but no one is seriously saying that aside from marks



    Silk's Big Dumb Video Game Thread
    WC Rumble Winner 2017: I guess that makes me less lame



    Never Forget
    Spoiler:



  19. #739
    Crotchety Old SMOD

    Fuji Vice's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    The Wing Kong Exchange
    Posts
    25,380
    Rep Power
    493823
      Country                    Canada

    2017-18 NFL Playoffs Thread - Conference Championship Weekend

    This talk about the Jags being better in every aspect but coaching and QB is ridiculous when you consider the Patriots D has averaged only 14 points a game since Week 5. You can give credit to lame ass Jacksonville but you’d better give credit to them too. I’d love to know how anyone thinks Blake Bortles is going to score on them tomorrow.

    I reiterate my earlier point that Jacksonville really isn’t that good. They lost to Blaine Gabbert ffs.

    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Fuji Vice; Today at 09:45 AM.


    Ask Fuji|2018 Movie Log

    WC's Fave Five Star Wars Characters Episode II: Attack of the Sequel~!

    ​​​



    Quote Originally Posted by Swamps
    Get out and kick their ass! Even if its Grandma!








Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •