Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 College Football Discussion Thread

THEY COULD'VE BEEN GODS~!!!

Status
      Country                    United States

2017 College Football Discussion Thread

The college football season is OFFICIALLY here Ladies & Gentlemen!

I'm quite surprised that there isn't a CFB thread made before the season started, so I've decided to make a thread anything and everything college football related.

- To start off the thread and the season, Florida's gonna have a lot on their plate as they're dealing with ten players suspended for the season opener against Michigan. Florida is a good team with some of the players returning, but with these suspensions plus distractions to go with it, it's gonna be very tough for the Gators to overcome all those suspensions against Michigan.

- Ohio State's behind 7-6 against Indiana. Still quite early for the Buckeyes to trail, but with the talent they got they'll prevail.

LEAGUE CHAMPIONSHIP ACCOMPLISHMENTS
    FANTASY BASEBALL: 2014 | FANTASY FOOTBALL: 2016 | FANTASY BASKETBALL: 2017-18

Status

Re: 2017 College Football Discussion Thread

Ohio State got this game won as they lead 49-21. So much for Indiana putting off an upset lol.

Honestly though, OSU looks pretty good. Then again, it's only one game against an inferior Big Ten opponent. They got a tough road as they face Oklahoma at home, that should be a WAY better matchup to watch than this one.

Jobber

Status

Quote Originally Posted by DOOM View Post
    Ohio State got this game won as they lead 49-21. So much for Indiana putting off an upset lol.

Honestly though, OSU looks pretty good. Then again, it's only one game against an inferior Big Ten opponent. They got a tough road as they face Oklahoma at home, that should be a WAY better matchup to watch than this one.
    This is why you don't underestimate Urban Meyer. During halftime he was able to motivate his kids and get them stomping on the gas. They did not let up in the second half.

I know you're a Bama fan, but Ohio State looked like CFB Playoff Championship material once Meyer stepped in and coached this team to victory. That is why I don't see them losing a game this season. Not even to Michigan.

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Finishline View Post
    This is why you don't underestimate Urban Meyer. During halftime he was able to motivate his kids and get them stomping on the gas. They did not let up in the second half.

I know you're a Bama fan, but Ohio State looked like CFB Playoff Championship material once Meyer stepped in and coached this team to victory. That is why I don't see them losing a game this season. Not even to Michigan.
    I never underestimate Meyer. I know how good of a coach he is. He coached Utah to two ten-win seasons in 2003 and 2004 before he arriving to Florida. He's the second best coach in college football no doubt.

Just because Ohio State won against Indiana, doesn't mean that they'll go undefeated. The secondary was bad in the first half, losing by a point until the team finally showed up and beat them like a drum. I can see them lose at least two games at best. Oklahoma, like I said, is a tough game for the Buckeyes, the Sooners could beat them. Another possible loss could be either against Penn State, Michigan State, or Michigan, since they're the main teams that the Buckeyes face.

Status

I'm very satisfied the way Bama handled Florida State 24-7. The secondary overall was shit in the first half, but the second half they stepped up. The kicking game was also shit. 2/4 in field goals, our kickers don't seem to do well in important games. There's some spots that Bama needs to improve.

I also hate to see FSU's quarterback get hurt in that game He played a pretty good game overall, but it sucks that he got hurt and went down pretty bad. I hope he recovers from his injury.

P. S. How about that long snapper from USC that is blind, that hiked the ball and gave USC an extra point? That was a heartwarming story that I can relate too. Never give up on your dreams.
    Last edited by Lord Drakkon; 09-03-2017 at 01:22 AM.

Mr. Victory Through Guts

Status

I just would like to say coming into week 2 that Florida might legit have the worst overall offense in the country with that pathetic performance against Michigan we saw in week 1. It made me embarrassed as a former QB myself to watch that abomination.

No wonder even the team's official twitter account wishes Spurrier would come back with these bums.
    C'est Magnifique~

Follow me on Twitter - @DylanZeroSky

And check out my podcasts! Every week from the MLW Radio Network (Though I'm not affliated with Jim Cornette personally)

Eastern Lariat - Japanese Wrestling (w/Cagematch.net Boss STRIGGA)

Lucha Talk - Méxican Wrestling (w/LuchaWorld Boss Fredo Esparza & Spanish Translator MICROMANFEVER)

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Zero View Post
    I just would like to say coming into week 2 that Florida might legit have the worst overall offense in the country with that pathetic performance against Michigan we saw in week 1. It made me embarrassed as a former QB myself to watch that abomination.

No wonder even the team's official twitter account wishes Spurrier would come back with these bums.
    It was definitely a train wreck for Florida for how they played against Michigan. We'll see how they respond in their next game.
    Last edited by Lord Drakkon; 09-09-2017 at 11:23 PM.

Status

No huge surprise that Bama beat Fresno State. Our backups though didn't play all that well. Our secondary are still giving up big plays, they really need to get better.

I have to hand it to Oklahoma handling Ohio State the way they did. They are gonna be hard to beat this season, it'll be tough for any Big 12 team to try to beat them.

I was disappointed that Auburn beat Clemson, but both defenses played very well.

Status

I'll just leave this here...

That my friends is an 87 yard loss that led to a punt on 4th and goal.

Mr. Victory Through Guts

Status

Good God what have we wrought to deserve seeing that play? (Or is it a sign of humanity's good that we were gifted something so comical to watch)
    C'est Magnifique~

And check out my podcasts! Every week from the MLW Radio Network (Though I'm not affliated with Jim Cornette personally)

Lucha Talk - Méxican Wrestling (w/LuchaWorld Boss Fredo Esparza & Spanish Translator MICROMANFEVER)

Status

Quote Originally Posted by PeepShow View Post
    I'll just leave this here...

That my friends is an 87 yard loss that led to a punt on 4th and goal.
    That was painfully hilarious to watch lol

Status

To carry on the torch from Peeps, here are my picks for Week 3:

#10 Wisconsin 31 vs. BYU 10
    #23 Tennessee 24 vs. #24 Florida 13
    Notre Dame 30 vs. Boston College 17
    Colorado State 10 vs. #1 Alabama 38
    #12 LSU 13 vs. Mississippi State 17
    Kentucky 17 vs. South Carolina 26
    Texas 23 vs. #4 USC 40
    #3 Clemson 34 vs.#14 Louisville 27

Status

Josh Rosen throwing his first pick six of the season!

Memphis is playing hard ball against UCLA. What a game it has been so far.

Mr. Victory Through Guts

Status

Really proud of the hometown Tigers for scoring the upset!

Just need Florida to win against the Vols & it'll be a pretty epic day.
    C'est Magnifique~

Status

Congrats Zero, you're the happiest man in the world right now! Man what a beautiful Hail Mary pass by Florida to beat Tennessee with no time left. This is why college football kicks ass! Congrats to the Gators on their big victory!

Mr. Victory Through Guts

Status

I literally leapt up off my bed and ran out of my house yelling at that hail mary. Perfect freaking pass from 65 yards deep. I had no idea Franks had that kind of arm on him. That was one of the best games of the year in any sport and not even just the finish. There was so much craziness. The INTs on the goal line, the missed FG, the fumble on the one on a huge run that led to a heartbreaking touchback. The comeback by Tennessee and of course the DAGGER as time expired. Amazing. Freaking amazing game.
    C'est Magnifique~

Status

Lmao

Butch Jones shouldn't even be allowed on that plane home. Wtf is he doing playing two guys deep on the last play of the game and not prevent? What a fucking moron.

Mr. Victory Through Guts

Status

Remember the game against Georgia last year they did give up a last second hail mary too. (even though they answered in that one) Butch is terrible but in fairness they did have a timeout and the UF kicker has a huge leg, I can see not wanting to put everyone back deep in case he has a 60+ yarder in him but it definitely should have been more than 2.

Not that I'm complaining, I say let Butch ride it out and get all the bitter Vols fans at it for years to come
    C'est Magnifique~

Striving for a B+ in life

Status

Jimmy King and I are enjoying this Nebraska season.

"The Golden One" Devin Golden

3x FWA World Heavyweight Champion
    2x FWA X Champion
    4x FWA Tag Team Champion
    Final record: 94-58-10

Shannon O'Neal
    2x FWA Women's Champion
    1x FWA World Champion

Status

What's funny is they could easily have lost that opener to Arkansas State and be 0-3 too. I thought for sure hiring Diaco as DC would make them a lot better but damn.

Thread Information