Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: 2017 College Football Discussion Thread

God Mode

Status
      Country                    United States

Re: 2017 College Football Discussion Thread

On the bright side, I won't have to hear/read people saying "THEM DAWGS IS HELL" for a while.
    Fate whispers to the warrior
    'You can not withstand the storm.'
    The warrior whispers back,

I am the storm.

Striving for a B+ in life

Status

That missed offsides call on the — what would've been a blocked — punt was a huge turning point. That was the game if the ref doesn't throw the flag.

"The Golden One" Devin Golden

3x FWA World Heavyweight Champion
    2x FWA X Champion
    4x FWA Tag Team Champion
    Final record: 94-58-10

Shannon O'Neal
    2x FWA Women's Champion
    1x FWA World Champion

On Vacation

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Panther View Post
    UCF the real National Champs though. Shoutout to them.
    Um no.

Still a DAWG! Even in defeat!

Crotchety Old SMOD

Status
      Country                    Canada

Quote Originally Posted by The Golden One View Post
    That missed offsides call on the — what would've been a blocked — punt was a huge turning point. That was the game if the ref doesn't throw the flag.
    I actually think the real turning point in the game was when Georgia had three guys miss tackles on the QB which allowed him to convert a huge 3rd down. After that the Alabama offense was virtually unstoppable and Georgia's D completely regressed. It's almost as if the game was fixed and that was the moment where Alabama was supposed to start their comeback.

Ask Fuji|2018 Movie Log

Help decide WC's Fave Five Samuel L. Jackson Films~!

​​​

Quote Originally Posted by Wang Chung
    Fuji- got his hint possibly town but also threatened Cox with a burrito up his ass

THEY COULD'VE BEEN GODS~!!!

Status

Besides the god-awful field goal kicking of Pappanastos, I was not a fan of #48 Mekhi Brown's actions in that game. He punched a player inside his face mask and tried to assault an assistant coach on the sidelines. What got me the most is that he was back on the field, which instead he should've been sent to the locker room. I give him for making a tackle, but his actions was still classless.

Here's the video:

All credit is due to both teams. Georgia's a very talented team. I believe Georgia will be a threat in 2018 with Fromm returning.
    Last edited by Lord Drakkon; 01-09-2018 at 01:54 PM.

LEAGUE CHAMPIONSHIP ACCOMPLISHMENTS
    FANTASY BASEBALL: 2014 | FANTASY FOOTBALL: 2016 | FANTASY BASKETBALL: 2017-18

Crotchety Old SMOD

Status
      Country                    Canada

Yeah, fuck that guy. Aside from punching the player and getting into it on the sidelines he almost took the kick returner's head off in the 4th quarter and wasn't flagged for it. I'm not upset that Alabama won but I am kind of pissed that he gets to celebrate any sort of victory.

As far as the kicker goes, I wouldn't be too hard on him for the blown field goal at the end. Definitely the first one because he totally flubbed that but it's impossible to imagine the kind of pressure he was feeling and how nervous he was on that last kick.

Ask Fuji|2018 Movie Log

Help decide WC's Fave Five Samuel L. Jackson Films~!

​​​

Quote Originally Posted by Wang Chung
    Fuji- got his hint possibly town but also threatened Cox with a burrito up his ass

THEY COULD'VE BEEN GODS~!!!

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Fuji Vice View Post
    Yeah, fuck that guy. Aside from punching the player and getting into it on the sidelines he almost took the kick returner's head off in the 4th quarter and wasn't flagged for it. I'm not upset that Alabama won but I am kind of pissed that he gets to celebrate any sort of victory.

As far as the kicker goes, I wouldn't be too hard on him for the blown field goal at the end. Definitely the first one because he totally flubbed that but it's impossible to imagine the kind of pressure he was feeling and how nervous he was on that last kick.
    The pressure was definitely on him. Then again, he missed a field goal in the first quarter after a crazy interception by Tony Brown. Heck, he's missed field goals in big games throughout the season. It's hard to trust a kicker that's been inconsistent all season, but I give him credit for making the two field goals in that game. He's still one of the players that contributed on making that comeback to tie the game.
    Last edited by Lord Drakkon; 01-09-2018 at 03:06 PM.

LEAGUE CHAMPIONSHIP ACCOMPLISHMENTS
    FANTASY BASEBALL: 2014 | FANTASY FOOTBALL: 2016 | FANTASY BASKETBALL: 2017-18

War Eagle

Status

I've been telling my friends for months that Jalen Hurts isn't a good quarterback, he's not even a decent quarterback. If his first read isn't open, he panics and looks to run. He was always going to be the reason that they lost games and VERY rarely would he be the reason they won, especially with his arm. Before the season I asked my friends (mixture of Auburn/Alabama/Georgia fans) who they'd take in terms of positions just going off AU/UA. The OL was straight forward and obvious, since ours is a dumpster fire, the DL was closer but I can't argue with Bama's. Secondary, again was pretty easy with Bama as were the WRs. It was split on the RBs because everyone knew what Pettway could bring and we finally saw an explosive Kerryon Johnson to match it. As for QB, I thought Stidham over Hurts was a no-brainer, but they insisted Hurts was one of the top QBs in the SEC. Watching him play last night only gave me the validation I needed that he's a great athlete, but a below-average to average QB.

Now, Tua (not even gonna try at his last name) is something entirely different. His composure is insane for a true freshman who was asked to come in, in that spot. I despise Alabama with a passion, I'm sick of watching them win, but that kid is amazing. Jalen Hurts will either change position or transfer by the time next season starts, because he's not going to take the job away from that guy next spring, or at least he shouldn't. As for the kicking at Bama, they can never get good kickers because they don't put any on scholarship. They'd rather free that scholarship up for another 4-star prospect. On the surface it seems somewhat smart, bring in another body on defense or offense that's talented and hungry. But in games like these, you need the kicking game. That game had no business going into OT and he has no reason to shank two FGs. Hell, the one he made before that seemed like he booted it off his shin.

Oh...and Saban's the GOAT. If there was any doubt, there isn't any anymore.

God Mode

Status

Tua is definitely solid from what little I've seen. Some of his scrambling reminded me of Russel Wilson. Sure, this is just off very little tape, but he certainly reminds me a bit in the poise and scrambling, while still having a strong arm. If he can build and develop from there, he should be a great prospect. Tough to say, but reason to be optimistic, considering he performed that well in the championship game as a true freshmen, and coming in off of not having a ton of snaps.

Seems to have a pretty good arm, too.
    Fate whispers to the warrior
    'You can not withstand the storm.'
    The warrior whispers back,

I am the storm.

Thread Information