Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Bodybuilding and Fitness

Your Least Favorite Mod

Status
      Country                    Canada

Re: Bodybuilding and Fitness

So just cashed out on a bunch of veggie shit. I'm going to try this out for a week and see how it goes, lots of smoothies/salads with something more substantial for dinner. Need to buy a blender tmr and find some quinoa. Didn't go for a run yesterday because I was still really sore and I was helping my cousin to move an hour away. Plus I had a night of drink till I puke e_e But about to go for a run today.

I'm still crazy sore and unsure if I should go and risk a short run/hurting myself but maybe the pain will go away once I do this regularly.

EDIT: Did 5K. Had to will myself until my MapMyRun app let me know I hit that mark. Would've stopped sooner otherwise. My pace was worse too. Happy to hit the 5K mark though. Time to build on that.
    Last edited by Evil Jon; 08-30-2017 at 12:12 AM.

[Blank Space]

Status
      Country                    UK

My eating habits have changed so much in the last couple of years in order to fuel my body better. Even if you don't change anything to begin with, it'll happen naturally once you start seeking improvements and start to realise it's an area that can be modified & controlled.

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Postman Dave View Post
    My eating habits have changed so much in the last couple of years in order to fuel my body better. Even if you don't change anything to begin with, it'll happen naturally once you start seeking improvements and start to realise it's an area that can be modified & controlled.
    Changing your mentality when it comes to food can really help. Realizing that it is literally fuel for your body and not just for your enjoyment and comfort can help allow for a mental shift in how you approach eating.

Mid-Card Champion

Status
      Country                    Wales

I had chicken and new potatoes for lunch in work two days running haha...not doing it for a third day tomorrow so need to see what's in the fridge to use!
    I have a plan so cunning......

Get Bitches.

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Snow View Post
    So just cashed out on a bunch of veggie shit. I'm going to try this out for a week and see how it goes, lots of smoothies/salads with something more substantial for dinner. Need to buy a blender tmr and find some quinoa. Didn't go for a run yesterday because I was still really sore and I was helping my cousin to move an hour away. Plus I had a night of drink till I puke e_e But about to go for a run today.

I'm still crazy sore and unsure if I should go and risk a short run/hurting myself but maybe the pain will go away once I do this regularly.

EDIT: Did 5K. Had to will myself until my MapMyRun app let me know I hit that mark. Would've stopped sooner otherwise. My pace was worse too. Happy to hit the 5K mark though. Time to build on that.
    Two thoughts...

1.) Almond Milk & Coconut water are great. Also suggest Icelandic Yogurt as a base. Not sure where you are, but Skyr is definitely available in both US & UK. If you eat it outside of a smoothie, it's gonna have a 'dry/grainy' texture compared to most yogurts. Alternatively, Fage Greek yogurt is great.

2.) Big warning... if you mix a lot of fruits into a single smoothie, you will come close to shitting yourself. You'll definitely feel ill.

Bonus tip: You can add in Whey Isolate... Isolate is the key. Not just Whey. Not Casein. Whey Isolate. Less calories and sugar. Also if you're lactose intolerant, no lactose.

Mid-Card Champion

Status

I've always wonder what the whey protein etc actually does as i've never looked into it but everyone takes it haha...it's normally used when bulking though right?

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Baldrick View Post
    I've always wonder what the whey protein etc actually does as i've never looked into it but everyone takes it haha...it's normally used when bulking though right?
    Yes, but not just that. Protein helps with recovery so your muscles recover fast after a workout. Even if you are just doing cardio, that can be helpful.

Shakes can be great, but be careful with shakes and smoothies. Great info from Inogenius. A few friends of mine are trainers or nutritionists and they warn about going too hard with the fruit. Lots of sugar in fruit. Natural sugar which is much better for you than refined sugars, but still sugar. Veggies are a better in a lot of ways. When it comes to smoothies, experiment. It can sometimes suck if you try something and don't like it, so you've wasted that. But once you find ingredients you like... I ended up enjoying kale in my smoothies more than I ever imagined.

Your Least Favorite Mod

Status
      Country                    Canada

Quote Originally Posted by Inogenius View Post
    Two thoughts...

1.) Almond Milk & Coconut water are great. Also suggest Icelandic Yogurt as a base. Not sure where you are, but Skyr is definitely available in both US & UK. If you eat it outside of a smoothie, it's gonna have a 'dry/grainy' texture compared to most yogurts. Alternatively, Fage Greek yogurt is great.

2.) Big warning... if you mix a lot of fruits into a single smoothie, you will come close to shitting yourself. You'll definitely feel ill.

Bonus tip: You can add in Whey Isolate... Isolate is the key. Not just Whey. Not Casein. Whey Isolate. Less calories and sugar. Also if you're lactose intolerant, no lactose.
    Planning on buying some Almond Milk later today.

Smoothie had banana/apples/spinach/flax seed/water. Tasted pretty good. Not feeling worse than the usual.

[Blank Space]

Status

The last year or so I've found whey protein to be massively overrated. Adds nothing a good diet can't do. Used to add to shakes all the time but I genuinely haven't used anything like it in a couple of years now.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

The Diplomatic Shadow

Status
      Country                    United States

I'll make a longer post later about supplements, and what I took when I was a football player. But this is my general list of them that I encourage:

Protein shakes. But be picky, don't go for that crazy shit that looks nuclear and is 70 bucks and has a hundred ingredients. Look for something that is 100% pure isolated whey. As few other ingredients as you can. What I have ONLY has that.
    Pure Creatin powder / capsules. Again, try for a pure not a mix. If you do get a mix, I recommend torabolic, as it has fenugreek in it as well, which helps.
    L-Arginine. Great for blood flow to muscles and a good pump.
    BCAAs. Just plain awesome in many ways. Look into them a bit.

Protein needs are different for everyone, as are everything else.
    Time stood still, and it shared with me all that had been, and all that was to come.

People's Champion

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Postman Dave View Post
    The last year or so I've found whey protein to be massively overrated. Adds nothing a good diet can't do. Used to add to shakes all the time but I genuinely haven't used anything like it in a couple of years now.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk
    For me food just tastes better than shakes and digests better as well so I never end up sticking with shakes for long

Sent from my Z799VL using Tapatalk

Mid-Card Champion

Status

Proper food will also taste better in fairness haha. I'm not too worried about fruit/veg intake as i'm usually pretty good with getting 4/5 portions a day. My downfall is I do have a sweet tooth, whether it's for a fizzy drink or a bit of chocolate, I find it hard to say no to that haha.

I do need to find a decent local gym that isn't horrifically expensive too as i've been relying on body-weight workouts, and want to change it up a bit.

Mid-Card Champion

Status

I weighed in today....and crazily despite not loosing weight...I lost around my arms, legs and hips :/ though I did gain an inch on my chest so it does kind of even itself off. I was hoping for actual weight loss this week but never mind.

THE 559

Status
      Country                    Ireland

I have a rule baldrick and that's to not go by the scales. You can look slimmer, more toned and all around better without it actually translating to the scales. I'd take loss on the hips over gain on the chest
    LUCHA! LUCHA! LUCHA!

Mid-Card Champion

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Tig View Post
    I have a rule baldrick and that's to not go by the scales. You can look slimmer, more toned and all around better without it actually translating to the scales. I'd take loss on the hips over gain on the chest
    Aye. I'm feeling a lot healthier and fitter since I started putting the effort in 4 weeks ago. Just need to change my mindset especially when I am doing the odd weight workout so naturally some measurements are going to go up

[Blank Space]

Status

I'll second that. I'm one of those assholes who's naturally skinny and doesn't tend to lose/gain more than have a stone either way. But I can look more toned and feel better, so that's what I have to judge by.

Chikara Trainee

Status

I'm in the gym 7 days a week. No drinking or smoking or spdas, candy, or junk food of any kind. I actually drink "Body Fortress", which has BCAA, Creatine, amino acids, and of course whey protein. I go to the gym inside my apartments actually , so it's very convenient. Mass is my thing, and bull, so I'm pretty much on a massive amount of all protein diet.

The Diplomatic Shadow

Status

Quote Originally Posted by 1000Deaths View Post
    I'm in the gym 7 days a week. No drinking or smoking or spdas, candy, or junk food of any kind. I actually drink "Body Fortress", which has BCAA, Creatine, amino acids, and of course whey protein. I go to the gym inside my apartments actually , so it's very convenient. Mass is my thing, and bull, so I'm pretty much on a massive amount of all protein diet.
    Body Fortress is good stuff.
    Great way to get your BCAAs, creatine, and protein in at once.

I haven't used it in a while, but this is what I had for creatine:

Time stood still, and it shared with me all that had been, and all that was to come.

Chikara Trainee

Status

Yeah it's definitely a good mixture.

Tacos Rule!

Status

Since I have to travel a good bit for my job I don't have a lot of time to work out- but when I travel I do always try to eat healthy- pretty much no red meat. When at home we occasionally have red meat (we do Taco tuesday every other week), may do steaks once a month, burgers or meatloaf maybe 2 or 3 times a month. And chili maybe every other month. But we eat a lot of chicken or shrimp. As I do most of the cooking, I never cook with salt, never have. And I cook a lot of meat on the George foreman grill so there is very little grease. The little bit of working out I do get to do is taking care of our goats when I am home. We have 24. I will walk them from field to feild, carry bales of hay, food, water. And will watch them when I have a few cutting/eating the grass while I weed eat. Also carrying my daughters around is a work out. And since one is walking, I put up the weights we had out.

So manly, I just eat right. I don't drink, smoke or do any kind of drugs.

Thread Information