Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: WC's 2017 WWE Fave Five~!

The EST of WC

Status
      Country                    Jamaica

Re: WC's 2017 WWE Fave Five~!

I juggled between Neville and Asuka but ultimately felt that Asuka was more must see at the moment. He's had an incredible year for sure though

Pony Mod

Status
      Country                    Australia

I'll agree with the sentiments that they're dragging the Fashion Files skits out a liiiiiittle bit too much. It started with a finish in mind but at some point - probably when AA split or Shining Stars vanished or something - things got messed up and no-one's sure where to go. But to their credit, Breeze & 'Dango have done a pretty fantastic job of turning nothing into something fantastic on a very consistently good level. Plus they helped give The Ascension airtime and actually made some people like Ascension, which is an extra half-point in my books.

So 1 & 2 are Elias Samson & El Vagabundo, respectively, right? To be honest I wish I switched someone on my list out for Elias. Dude deserves a shoutout, he's so good at his job. I guess he along with Mustafa Ali & Jack Gallagher were my 'barely missed out' honorable mentions.

Brawny Strongbeef and AJ are a solid top two though.

Backyarder

Status

Pretty much the only placement on my list that was in question is whether I'd place Asuka or Breezango first. I went back and forth and if I ever ended up sending in that revised list with Kairi Sane, Asuka likely would've been my number one on that instead. She's easily one of my all-time favorites already, not just of women, and her Championship reign was a thing of beauty capping off in one of my favorite matches of the year, likely within my top five. Love her.

But ultimately I went with Breezango because what they did for me is more special in the context of my personal enjoyment and expectations from wrestling/WWE. Not to say that Asuka's reign wasn't special, hell it's second favorite championship reign of all-time but there were two things Breezango did that are uncommon for me. I'm probably in the minority here but prior to their recent push Fandango was among my least favorite competitors in the company. That was true even before Fandango existed with his terrible ballroom dancing with Summer Rae gimmick, I thought Johnny Curtis on a NXT was a default CAW brought to life in both personality and wrestling ability. I'm a stubborn curmudgeon and have very rarely changed my opinion on wrestlers from my initial impressions so the fact that I actually think he's the better of the two now is astonishing to me. But for the more universal reason, Fashion Files is legitimately the only comedy segment WWE's done that has remained consistently entertaining. The last one they did where they just shilled their shirts was perhaps my favorite in awhile entirely because of Fandango's "That's a title" remark, mocking Vince's odd sense of syntax. Even though I do want them to start wrestling again, I don't really agree that it's gone on for too long, especially since as far as I know it's been two weeks since we even seen it. But yeah, consistently amusing comedy on WWE for almost every week since their push started is incredible to me, and that's another reason why I put them over Asuka. Asuka didn't appear on NXT every single week, or at least not in an active enough role but for awhile, Fashion Files was every single week and it was legitimately the thing I was most looking forward to every single week.

Neville's been fantastic of course, him getting the low rank of five for me is less of a slight against him and more because WWE has constantly shifted him on the pre-show for PPVs (and typically, the main show is pushing it for me, so no way I'm going to watch the pre-show bouts), which meant I missed pretty much every PPV match he's had since he finished up the Aries feud I think and I don't watch 205 Live so I just missed out on so much of his content. But still, love him. He's got the best heel expressions on the main roster easily, and from what little I seen, only Pete Dunne tops him in that category.

Crotchety Old SMOD

Status
      Country                    Canada

Alright folks, it's the moment you've been waiting for...

2. AJ Styles - 430 Points (Dodger #1, The Lucha Bear #1, Jimmy King #1, Shake #2, CaptainC #3, CGS #3, Cyrus T #3, Evangelestial #3, PeepShow #3, TCON #3, Bazingos #4, HoHo #4, Professor Booty #4)

and YOUR NUMBER ONE WWE SUPERSTAR OF 2017.....

1. Braun Strowman - 670 Points (Bazingos #1, CaptainC #1, CGS #1, Cyrus T #1, Darling Nicky #1, Ed #1, Order #1, Shock #1, Dodger #2, The Lucha Bear #2, TWG #2, HoHo #3, RecyCocks #3, StylesofPunk #3, Jimmy King #4, PeepShow #4, Postman Dave #4)

I didn't vote for either guy because the outcome was never really in doubt but I love both and I'm not at all surprised to see them finish as our top two for the year. AJ has been great at every turn even if he's not always the focal point of SmackDown and Braun, well, he's just plain awesome and a great example of how to book someone properly. I only wish WWE could do what they did for him with every other guy and gal on the roster.

So with that our list comes to an end for another year and I'd like to take a moment to thank all of you for participating. See y'all next year or sooner if you frequent the entertainment section. Cheers~!

Ask Fuji|2017 Movie Log

​​​

Quote Originally Posted by Swamps
    Get out and kick their ass! Even if its Grandma!

Scumbag Role Model

Status
      Country                    United States

YEAAAAHHHHH BRAAAAAUUUUNNN

Not a shocker that Braun finished at the top and I guess not surprising AJ finishes second. Braun is the best booked talent on the roster and is so much fucking fun to watch. Usually the best part of Raw. My favorite wrestler currently. He's actually having really good matches too.

AJ's still good but I haven't had much reason to be invested in him since dropping the WWE Title. Much like every other WWE Babyface, he just feels underwhelming right now.
    -------
    [07:37 PM] Shake: I am obsessed with Nicky its true
    People Obsessed With Nicky: RainShaker, indyfan
    -------
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiZ-R View Post
    What the fuck is happening to you guys? I once got a blowjob where she used her teeth a little bit too much and I ended up with a bloody dick, I still enjoyed the blowjob up to the point I started bleeding. I can honestly say that I have never had anything I would call a bad blowjob, that wasn't a great experience but up until I started gushing blood I was having a great time!

GRUMBLE, GRUMBLE...

Status
      Country                    Aaland

Braun Strowman is THE big man of the last two decades and I am still in awe over how the WWE didn't already fucked his whole character up. I just hope, they are going to let him be a real tweener monster for the rest of the year and going forward...

I love Braun as much as everyone else here...but AJ is the man of the year, because of one simple thing. He is the first one of all the "newer" guys, who I think feels like a real deal. Like a true main eventer. Owens doesn't have that. Shinsuke too. And with a lot of guys the WWE dropped the ball already. But AJ...AJ as "the face that runs the place" feels just right.

LARIATOOOOOOOO

Status
      Country                    England

Braun's incredible. When you think about it, it's amazing he's topped a poll like this. He's a bigman, He has no indie buzz, he's not got a reputation of being a great wrestler (that's starting to change), he had to work with The Wyatt Family during his first year which is usually a momentum killer for anyone else, he skipped right over NXT which could of got him heat with fans, he's a pure WWE creation that has been protected and pushed harder than even Roman Reigns was and yet no-one is rejecting him because he's soooooooo fucking great at playing his role. How many years did it take Undertaker to have the number of great matches Braun has had this year?

AJ's first quarter of the year was really great, I'm hoping he can get back to that in the fourth quarter of the year and end 2017 strongly.

Thread Information