Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: WC's 2017 WWE Fave Five~!

I'm cool. I think

Status

Re: WC's 2017 WWE Fave Five~!

Quote Originally Posted by RecyCocks View Post
    It's a good sign that nobody on my list has come up so far
    Same...Now I'm scared, we had the same list.
    I have been reborn.

Crotchety Old SMOD

Status
      Country                    Canada

Quote Originally Posted by The Gipper View Post
    Same...Now I'm scared, we had the same list.
    You'd probably want to have submitted that list if you wanted it to count.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ask Fuji|2017 Movie Log

​​​

Quote Originally Posted by Swamps
    Get out and kick their ass! Even if its Grandma!

Status

I was worried that recency bias would hurt #DIY since they've been gone for a bit but their run was easily the highlight of the last year for me. Great match after great match and they ended their run with an all time great heel turn. Obviously the unit won't make my list next year but I imagine Gargano and Ciampa individually will definitely be in contention.

Revival got some consideration from me as well for their part in DIY's greatness, though their lack of main roster impact has hurt a bit. Also love me some Jericho, as always.

Silk's Big Dumb Video Game Thread
    WC Rumble Winner 2017: I guess that makes me less lame

Never Forget
    Spoiler:

I'm cool. I think

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Fuji Vice View Post
    You'd probably want to have submitted that list if you wanted it to count.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. This is apart of my plan, Fuji.
    I have been reborn.

Crotchety Old SMOD

Status

WC's 2017 WWE Fave Five~!

Quote Originally Posted by The Gipper View Post
    Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. This is apart of my plan, Fuji.
    "a part"

Currently enjoying a plate of Pulpo Gallego via Tapastalk.

Ask Fuji|2017 Movie Log

​​​

Backyarder

Status

Legitimately almost sent Fuji another PM to alter my list to include Kairi Sane but ultimately decided against it (mostly do to laziness). I'm glad she did so well though because truthfully, just going by her first match in the MYC, she entertained me more than just about anything else in wrestling this year, and her bout with Bianca was even better. If I was to re-do my list, probably number three. Glad to see that nobody in my top five has came up yet, they all getting the love they deserve. I completely forgot about Jericho, promo-wise he was an absolute blast but he had no stand-out matches for me so I'm not sure he would've made it anyway. The Usos were my number 6, all around the best team in WWE imo, though that doesn't make them my favorite team. Good shout on Ellsworth too, really entertaining.

Intercontinental Champion

Status

Gargano almost made my list but he was a tough last minute cut

Harley Quinn and Stirling for the win

I'm cool. I think

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Fuji Vice View Post
    "a part"

Currently enjoying a plate of Pulpo Gallego via Tapastalk.
    .......also a part of the plan.
    I have been reborn.

Crotchety Old SMOD

Status

Well, now that we're out of grammar school, let's take a look at the last entries that just missed out on the Fave Five...

8. Kevin Owens - 140 Points (TCON #1, PeepShow #2, Jimmy King #3, Evangelestial #4)

7T. The Bar - 170 Points (Cyrus T #2, RecyCocks #2, Silk #2, Shock #3, Dodger #4)

7T. Samoa Joe - 170 Points (Professor Booty #1, Dodger #3, Ed #3, RecyCocks #4, Bazingos #5, Cyrus T #5, Shock #5, TCON #5)

6. The Miz - 190 Points (Bazingos #2, Professor Booty #2, Smooth Jazz Wolf #2, Fuji Vice #3, The Lucha Bear #4, StylesofPunk #4)

Love The Bar and Samoa Joe but ultimately had to to cut them so it's great to see them so well represented here. Can't believe Owens managed enough love to make the top ten though, he's been pretty horrid for the majority of the year though it's not entirely his fault. The Universal Title run sucked because it was rarely about him and the foreign heel thing on SmackDown just made no sense considering Mahal already has that role. Hopefully he destroys Shane and moves on to bigger and better things in the near future because he's still a great talent.

The Miz is another of the guys that was always going to make my list simply due to the fact that he consistently entertained me over the past year. The Talking Smack promo was easily one of my top moments of the year and he's been one of the best parts of WWE programming no matter which show he's on. Glad to see so many others love him too.

Next up, oh yeah baby, the Fave Five begins~!

Ask Fuji|2017 Movie Log

​​​

Scumbag Role Model

Status
      Country                    United States

If I were to guess the order of the Fave Five, it would be:

1. BRAUUUUNNNNN
    2. Breezango
    3. AJ Styles
    4. Asuka
    5. Neville

No one enjoying Rollins or Wyatt?

Nothing but positive things to say about Joe, The Bar, and The Miz. Joe's main roster run had been very good despite getting a raw deal and being left off Mania. The Bar have been good and then great since their heel turn. The Miz is a fabulous promo.

Not much positive to say about Kevin Owens. "Face of America" is a terrible character and a far cry from the great "I'm gonna murder everyone that made it before me to support my family" guy in his first year for the company. His Universal title reign was a lackluster comedy hour. He's far from being the heel he once was. His ring work is uninspiring. Just on the downward to me.
    -------
    [07:37 PM] Shake: I am obsessed with Nicky its true
    People Obsessed With Nicky: RainShaker, indyfan
    -------
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiZ-R View Post
    What the fuck is happening to you guys? I once got a blowjob where she used her teeth a little bit too much and I ended up with a bloody dick, I still enjoyed the blowjob up to the point I started bleeding. I can honestly say that I have never had anything I would call a bad blowjob, that wasn't a great experience but up until I started gushing blood I was having a great time!

The EST of WC

Status
      Country                    Jamaica

Complexly forgot about Joe. He probably would have made my list had I remembered. The Miz was yet another late cut for me.

2017 Owens has been pretty dire though so he would have never made it close to my list which is a shame.

The bar are good but not too 5 for me.

BRAUUUUUNNNN is defo winning this thing. I see:

1. BRAAAUUNNN
    2. Breezango
    3. AJ
    4. Neville
    5. Asuka

LARIATOOOOOOOO

Status
      Country                    England

I actually thought KO wasn't gonna get a vote given we hadn't seen him for today. Very surprised by his position, but I guess he's got his fans who will always dig his work. I am looking forward to the Shane McMahon match however.

Samoa Joe's 2017 has been his best year since 2005. I'm really glad that guy finally got a chance to compete on the main roster and ever since they moved him into the main event for Extreme Rules, he's delivered big time in his matches. I think he's one of the best talkers in the company too, very believable.

The Bar (shit tag name aside) have been tremendous this year. I think it was Shock who said this is the best run of either man in WWE and it's hard to disagree.

I was very high on Miz last year and I don't think he's put in less effort this year, it's just the company isn't booking him half as important as they did on SD Live and that rubs off. Sadly not a contender to my fave 5 this year.

Backyarder

Status

I can understand most people souring on Kevin Owens but he's still one of the best promos in the company in my opinion. He's one of the few who I make sure to watch his segment each week and I've found I've rarely been disappointed. Not that his promos are blowaway, must talk about, but they've been consistently entertaining for me. And even though a lot of it's on Jericho, Festival of Friendship is still one of the top segments of the year. And I can't lie, his Talking Smack dynamic with Renee Young was a constant source of entertainment, especially in the Post-Battleground one. As for matches, I thought his Payback match with Jericho was great and his SummerSlam match with Styles & Shane was my favorite match of the PPV by far sans the main event because really, almost nothing is touching that main event.

If The Usos were my number 6, The Bar would be my number 7 (can't recall the last time in WWE I valued these many teams this highly). Stellar tag work, their Ironman Tag with The Hardyz is one of my favorite matches of the year so far. Probably not top five, but top ten definitely. Joe's been on fire since Extreme Rules, not enough to make my top ten but I have no issue seeing him up this high. Miz is one of the biggest reasons why I called KO one of the best promos, still fantastic on the mic pretty much every week. Getting stuck in Ambrose purgatory hurt him for me, though I liked the grandfather clock bits well enough. Don't really care for The Miztourage and I rarely find his matches better than decent, so he was never going to make my list, but promo work alone he's top tier.

Absolutely positive I know everyone in the top five, since four of my five haven't shown up yet and I didn't vote for Strowman (and I'll be flabbergasted if he's not number one).

Crotchety Old SMOD

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Darling Nicky View Post
    No one enjoying Rollins or Wyatt?
    I was going to wait until it was over to mention it but yep, neither guy recieved a single vote. In Wyatt's case I can't say I'm surprised seeing as he wasn't even ranked highly last year. For Rollins though, this is the biggest drop of anyone considering he was number 3 a year ago. I'm alright with him missing the list though, I've never been a fan and I'm glad more people are coming around to the realization that he's just not the guy brother. The tag team with Dean is great though, so at the very least he's got that going for him.

And now, the Fave Five begins...

5. Asuka - 270 Points (HoHo #1, Darling Nicky #2, Evangelestial #2, Order #2, Zero #2, Cyrus T #4, Ed #4, CGS #5, Jimmy King #5)

4. Breezango - 290 Points (Evangelestial #1, Smooth Jazz Wolf #1, Ed #2, Darling Nicky #3, The Lucha Bear #3, CaptainC #4, TWG #4, Dodger #5, PeepShow #5, Professor Booty #5, RecyCocks #5, Silk #5)

Asuka becomes our first woman ever to reach the Fave Five and it's not surprising to me at all considering the incredible run she's had since joining the company. Her matches are almost always must see material and I cannot wait to see her run through every one of the women on Raw. Hopefully they have her bury the entire MMA horsewomen group as well since that would be great for the lulz. Breezango just missed my list due to the amount of love they got but I'm happy to see them make the Fave Five. For a couple of guys who seemed destined to be lost in the shuffle, they've more than made the most of their opportunities and I'm really glad that's the case.

Next up, number three is revealed as we inch closer and close to the final two~!

Ask Fuji|2017 Movie Log

​​​

Scumbag Role Model

Status

Asuka is well deserving of being the first female in the Fave Five and I'm glad people are on board with how fucking awesome she has been. One of the most well presented champions and talents in the last twenty years. Arguably the MVP of NXT. Very good performances. Her cocky persona is so goddamn great. Of course we should all worry about her portrayal heading into Raw but I feel like we have a pretty long window until she's ruined and she'll pick up where she's left off on NXT: dominating. In a sea of dull and ruined main roster women's wrestlers, I think we need Asuka to just dominate the roster for people to give a damn and have them care about someone. She's SCREAMS mega star to me so she should do it.

Breezango are the best WWE comedy act in the longest time. It's starting to fizzle out but it was impressively consistent. Like, more consistent than it should have been.
    -------
    -------
    What the fuck is happening to you guys? I once got a blowjob where she used her teeth a little bit too much and I ended up with a bloody dick, I still enjoyed the blowjob up to the point I started bleeding. I can honestly say that I have never had anything I would call a bad blowjob, that wasn't a great experience but up until I started gushing blood I was having a great time!

[Blank Space]

Status
      Country                    UK

I'll always be a mark for Fandango.

Asuka's been awesome, no doubt a worthy top 5er

The EST of WC

Status
      Country                    Jamaica

I think i put in and took Breezango out of my team bout 3 times before deciding on my final 5 . I like them but i'm not as high on the fashion files and some of you other guys. I do feel it should have ended at Summerslam like originally planned.

Asuka is such a GOAT she couldn't not make my list.

LARIATOOOOOOOO

Status
      Country                    England

With Breezango, I love them, but I want them to start wrestling again already. I feel like WWE are dragging the skits out too much and not capitalizing on them being an over act by keeping them backstage all the time. They should be the next team in line to have a program with The Usos over the titles.

Asuka's amazing, nothing much else to add there.

I only have one more horse left in the race, but I think he's gonna win.

Crotchety Old SMOD

Status

I've got a meeting in a few minutes and then I'll be off to watch the Jays game so here's YOUR NUMBER THREE...

3. Neville - 330 Points (Dook #1, RecyCocks #1, TWG #1, CaptainC #2, Fuji Vice #2, Order #3, Smooth Jazz Wolf #3, Darling Nicky #4, Evangelestial #5, StylesofPunk #5)

I can't say enough good things about how well Neville has not only been booked but how he's taken the ball and run with it since his heel turn. I've always been high on the guy but he was little more than "dude that does the Red Arrow" up until recent times. Now that's all changed and he's easily one of the highlights of Raw and 205 Live week in and week out. Big time props to everyone else who voted for the KING OF THE CRUISERWEIGHTS~!

So with that we've only got two to go and even though I'm sure you know who they are you're going to have to wait until tomorrow to find out their order~!

Ask Fuji|2017 Movie Log

​​​

Scumbag Role Model

Status

Every single time Neville has been given the ball this year, he slam dunks it. Just brilliant heel work. Good to great matches all year. Has tried really had to make the Cruiserweight title seem like a big deal. Career year for Neville.
    -------
    -------

Thread Information