Thread: Jon Jones reportedly fails UFC 214 drug test - stripped of title

Status
      Country                    Jamaica

Jon Jones reportedly fails UFC 214 drug test - stripped of title

Jon Jones failed a drug test in relation to UFC 214.

The longtime UFC light heavyweight champion tested positive for a banned substance in an in-competition USADA test in relation to his fight with Daniel Cormier on July 29 in Anaheim, Calif., and has been provisionally suspended, sources told MMA Fighting. In that bout, Jones defeated Cormier by third-round TKO to regain the UFC light heavyweight belt.

Jones has been stripped of the title and Cormier will get it back, per TMZ, which was the first outlet to report the news. UFC president Dana White told ESPN that has not been decided yet.

TMZ reported that Jones tested positive for the steroid turinabol, which carries a two-year suspension from USADA for first-time offenders and longer for multiple-time offenders.

Jones, 30, also tested positive prior to what would have been a bout with Cormier at UFC 200 in July 2016. Jones was pulled from the fight and provisionally suspended three days prior to that event. He was suspended and served a one-year ban by USADA for testing positive for two banned substances, clomiphene and letrozol.

This is the latest in a string of issues Jones has had in recent years, including a felony hit-and-run arrest and DUI. The comeback victory over Cormier last month was supposed to be part of a greater redemption story for Jones.

The California State Athletic Commission (CSAC), which also has jurisdiction over the matter, confirmed the positive test Tuesday with MMA Fighting.

“The California State Athletic Commission has been made aware of Jon Jones’ test results and is looking into the matter,” CSAC executive officer Andy Foster said. “The Commission takes these matters very seriously and will take any appropriate actions necessary after a thorough review of the situation. As with all fighters, Mr. Jones is entitled to due process and the Commission will work with the United States Anti-Doping Agency (USADA) to get all of the proper information.”

----

Source is MMAFighting.

UFC Statement:

The UFC organization was notified today that the U.S. Anti-Doping Agency (USADA) has informed Jon Jones of a potential Anti-Doping Policy violation stemming from an in-competition sample collected following his weigh-in on July 28, 2017.

USADA, the independent administrator of the UFC Anti-Doping Policy, will handle the results management and appropriate adjudication of this case involving Jones, as it relates to the UFC Anti-Doping Policy and future UFC participation. Under the UFC Anti-Doping Policy, there is a full and fair legal process that is afforded to all athletes before any sanctions are imposed. The California State Athletic Commission (CSAC) also retains jurisdiction over this matter as the sample collection was performed the day before Jones’ bout at UFC 214 in Anaheim, CA, and USADA will work to ensure that the CSAC has the necessary information to determine its proper judgment of Jones’ potential anti-doping violation.

Additional information will be provided at the appropriate time as the process moves forward.

----

Goddamnit, Jon. Stop taking tainted supplements~!!!! WWE now should sign him to set up a roided out match with Lesnar.
    Last edited by RainShaker; 08-22-2017 at 08:47 PM.

~~ WE ARE ALL ONE~~
    Spoiler:

Sangre por Sangre

Status
      Country                    Puerto Rico

Re: Jon Jones reportedly fails UFC 214 drug test - stripped of title

The stupidity of this guy, he told us that he turned over a new leaf in his life and he does this stupid decision again. One year ban last time so lock it in for a two year ban for him I imagine Shake?

Real Women of Genius
    Ongoing, click the link if you want to take a tour of Women's Wrestling
    It's Morphin Time: A Mighty Morphin Walkthrough

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Kairi HoHo View Post
    The stupidity of this guy, he told us that he turned over a new leaf in his life and he does this stupid decision again. One year ban last time so lock it in for a two year ban for him I imagine Shake?

It'll be two year minimum if he can appeal it correctly - but probably much more given:

TMZ reported that Jones tested positive for the steroid turinabol, which carries a two-year suspension from USADA for first-time offenders and longer for multiple-time offenders.

~~ WE ARE ALL ONE~~
    Spoiler:

Status

He's pretty much finished in UFC now.

Status

Yeah, I wouldn't be shocked if he's given a 4-5 year suspension.

~~ WE ARE ALL ONE~~
    Spoiler:

Sangre por Sangre

Status
      Country                    Puerto Rico

Dude done fucked up woah. This is a L that Jones won't be able to recover from that's for sure.

Real Women of Genius
    Ongoing, click the link if you want to take a tour of Women's Wrestling
    It's Morphin Time: A Mighty Morphin Walkthrough

Sky Blue Hyper Technican

Status
      Country                    England

If its longer the 2 years I see him leaving mma. I hope its a mistake, it would be such a shame to see a redemption story just go to waste
    Spoiler:

Milano Forever!

Status

Fuck that.

Lesnar/Jones. Free weight. Pound for Pound. No USADA.

If McGregor/Mayweather can happen, so can this. Fuck it.

Status

Won't be sanctioned because Jones is serving suspension handed down to him by athletic commission.

Would have to be an illegal fight Or take place somewhere ridiculous like Japan. But can't cause Jones under contract to UFC.

Mania it is. Jon Jones is winning the rumble.
    Last edited by RainShaker; 08-22-2017 at 10:24 PM.

~~ WE ARE ALL ONE~~
    Spoiler:

Status

Quote Originally Posted by RyuShake Taguchi View Post
    Won't be sanctioned because Jones is serving suspension handed down to him by athletic commission.

Would have to be an illegal fight Or take place somewhere ridiculous like Japan.
    Fine. Book it. Do whatever it takes. I wanna see this shit. Preferably not in WWE, but if that's all we can get, then whatever.

Status

Ah this is comical. Guy has endless talent and endless ability to fuck up.

Fearless University

Status
      Country                    New Zealand

I'm actually shocked.

So much greatness, and yet he just keeps doing all he can to throw it away.

Thanks to Jabberwocky for the amazing Gabrielle gif

The EST of WC

Status

Jesus Christ . Surely this is his career done now? Such a shame.

Crotchety Old SMOD

Status
      Country                    Canada

Quote Originally Posted by MC 16 View Post
    If its longer the 2 years I see him leaving mma. I hope its a mistake, it would be such a shame to see a redemption story just go to waste
    On the contrary, it's a lot more fun to see it go to waste because clearly the guy's a fucking idiot.

Currently enjoying a plate of Pulpo Gallego via Tapastalk.

Ask Fuji|2018 Movie Log

Help decide WC's Fave Five WWE Superstars~!

​​​

Quote Originally Posted by Wang Chung
    Fuji- got his hint possibly town but also threatened Cox with a burrito up his ass

Scumbag Role Model

Status
      Country                    United States

Quote Originally Posted by PeepShow View Post
    Fine. Book it. Do whatever it takes. I wanna see this shit. Preferably not in WWE, but if that's all we can get, then whatever.
    LESNAR VS JONES

INTERNATIONAL WATERS
    -------
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiZ-R View Post
    What the fuck is happening to you guys? I once got a blowjob where she used her teeth a little bit too much and I ended up with a bloody dick, I still enjoyed the blowjob up to the point I started bleeding. I can honestly say that I have never had anything I would call a bad blowjob, that wasn't a great experience but up until I started gushing blood I was having a great time!
    Spoiler:

Sky Blue Hyper Technican

Status
      Country                    England

He is young enough to still come back if he has a 3-4 year suspension or even a career change.
    Spoiler:

Milano Forever!

Status

Everything I've read makes this shit sound sketchy af. Apparently Jones was randomly tested twice last month and he passed.

His agent said this was the one test they actually knew about. Between now and last month, why would he consume something that he knew he'd be tested on?

The agent suggested it was a tainted supplement. Really unfortunate story if that's true.

Athletes need to be careful on the supplements they consume. Even the legal ones can be tainted with unknown products that will cause you to fail a test.

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Sully View Post
    Everything I've read makes this shit sound sketchy af. Apparently Jones was randomly tested twice last month and he passed.

His agent said this was the one test they actually knew about. Between now and last month, why would he consume something that he knew he'd be tested on?

The agent suggested it was a tainted supplement. Really unfortunate story if that's true.

Athletes need to be careful on the supplements they consume. Even the legal ones can be tainted with unknown products that will cause you to fail a test.
    There's nothing sketchy about it at all and you're drinking the kool aid. I wouldn't listen to anything Malki Kawa says. Assuming that's who 'the agent' is. He's a massive liar and he isn't going to come out and say that Jon is guilty.

There are easy explanations for passing random drug tests and failing one later on - you can be cycling and got the cycle wrong. He may also have taken something and thought that it would be at an undetectable limit by the time he got tested. It's also entirely possible that he was taking masking agents and they wore off at a time he did not expect. Turinabol is a substance that, if dosed correctly, is thought to be undetectable after a week... though there have been recent advancements that make detection limit wider. Entirely possible Jon fucked up on that basis. Entirely possible that how Jon's body works meant that the substance was not detectable in earlier tests but detectable when his body was at its most depleted... which, coincidentally, would be the day before the fight for weigh ins... when the test was administered.

As far as the tainted supplement excuse goes... lol... it's the go to excuse nowadays for pissing hot. It's extremely easy to use it - all you have to do is a bit of a google work to find a supplement that's affected and tell USADA you took it and to test a batch etc etc. USADA actually provide a list of tainted supplements also. Not only that, but Jon Jones taking tainted supplements after the first time he failed a test? Yeah, right. I don't buy it. Jon Jones failed his UFC 200 tests because (he claims) of taking some tainted dick pills a teammate gave to him. Jon Jones... who can get a legal prescription for untainted dick pills... decided to take random pills given to him by a teammate. There's no way in hell I buy Jon Jones not being careful about the supplements he takes afterwards - especially given what he ruined by taking the aforementioned dick pills. Infact, I'd say Jon Jones should be sending his supplements to USADA to get them tested before he even takes them if he wants to be sure about it. In other words, Jon and his team have to be borderline criminally stupid to get done by a tainted supplement again. Turinabol isn't even a substance that's made by any big company any more - I doubt it's even produced legally other than by shady pharmas. It magically tainting supplements means Jon is taking shady supplements or he bought turinabol from a dealer.

But at the same time, Jon Jones has been a moron his entire career so who knows? Jon Jones was dumb enough to drive high, crash, run away from the scene... RETURN to the scene... and run away again. He was dumb enough to take cocaine and get popped for it. He's not the brightest guy in the world by any means so I can buy him being stupid enough to juice ahead of a test. As I've said, Jon Jones has displayed idiocy time and time again.

If he's innocent then I'll say that he's incredibly unlucky. All these fighters taking supplements and Jon Jones (and other dudes managed by Malki) seems to be getting all the tainted ones. But given the fact that there's other evidence out there of Jones being guilty, I'm hesitant to give him any benefit of doubt. Suspicious T levels (that indicate masking/juicing) after the first Cormier fight as well as hiding under an octagon in Jackson's gym to escape USADA testers... yeah, it doesn't look good. Jon Jones has had 3 fights under the UFC-USADA partnership and he has popped twice out of those three times. In the fight he didn't, he looked incredibly shit. If there is a substance that fits Jon Jones' situation with regards to gains, low T levels etc. perfectly... it's the one he just popped for. If I am USADA and I still have access to Jones' older samples, I run the Tbol testing on every single one to see if it's detectable.

If this was someone else, I'd be willing to give them benefit of the doubt to a degree but Jon Jones has done a plethora of dumb shit to really lose that benefit.

We'll see what happens but if Jon is found guilty, Daniel Cormier should sue him.
    Last edited by RainShaker; 08-24-2017 at 07:58 PM.

~~ WE ARE ALL ONE~~
    Spoiler:

GOAT

Status

Haha.

That's hilarious.

Honestly, he may as well just go for a match in WWE now with Lesnar.

Or go off and have a reality TV show or something.
    Fate whispers to the warrior
    'You can not withstand the storm.'
    The warrior whispers back,

I am the storm.

Thread Information