Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 48

Thread: Fight Night August 25th Promo Discussion Thread

  1. #1

    RainShaker's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Korakuen Hall Safe Standing Section
    Posts
    15,047
    Rep Power
    358954
      Country                    Jamaica

    Fight Night August 25th Promo Discussion Thread

    Discuss promos here. Try to use constructive criticism. If you get a review from someone, try to review them back.

    I owe out reviews from the previous show and will be posting reviews of a few promos.
    ----



    ----




    IMPORTANT MESSAGE

    Spoiler:




    ~~HAVE A NICE DAY~~
    Spoiler:






  2. #2
    Tacos Rule!
    hanz gruber's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    350
    Rep Power
    16362
      Country                    United States

    Re: Fight Night August 25th Promo Discussion Thread

    Just gonna go over my Hanz one a few more times before posting. Never have written one with him wrestling a woman so this one is a bit different in tone. Hope it comes off ok.

    Bare in mind, El Taco Hombres are a jobber team, so the promo is intetianly not so good.
    Last edited by hanz gruber; 08-20-2017 at 11:37 AM.

  3. #3
    Mankind's Boiler Room
    OMB's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Buffalo
    Posts
    628
    Rep Power
    19818

    Re: Fight Night August 25th Promo Discussion Thread

    Wolf: How one can turn a anime DBZ story for a promo and turn it into gold is beyond me. That was A-1. I could feel everyword every piece of Wolf right there you took this thing with Karkieze ( sorry if i spelled that wrong) and you made it to a whole new level. I get this Joe/Lesnar feel to it with these two bad ass mofos ready to tear each other apart. That being said I cant overlook Sync until I see promo

  4. #4
    Tacos Rule!
    hanz gruber's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    350
    Rep Power
    16362
      Country                    United States

    Re: Fight Night August 25th Promo Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by OMBGraves View Post
    Wolf: How one can turn a anime DBZ story for a promo and turn it into gold is beyond me. That was A-1. I could feel everyword every piece of Wolf right there you took this thing with Karkieze ( sorry if i spelled that wrong) and you made it to a whole new level. I get this Joe/Lesnar feel to it with these two bad ass mofos ready to tear each other apart. That being said I cant overlook Sync until I see promo
    I agree- Wolf, great work man. I hope Sync does a promo too but I think he has missed the last two shows promo wise .

    Also Graves, empty your inbox it's full

  5. #5
    Mankind's Boiler Room
    OMB's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Buffalo
    Posts
    628
    Rep Power
    19818

    Re: Fight Night August 25th Promo Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by hanz gruber View Post
    I agree- Wolf, great work man. I hope Sync does a promo too but I think he has missed the last two shows promo wise .

    Also Graves, empty your inbox it's full
    No problem and ya Wolf killer job

  6. #6
    Squash Fodder

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    163
    Rep Power
    4352

    Re: Fight Night August 25th Promo Discussion Thread

    I'm gonna get mine done and up later tonight. I've already got some bullet points outlined and saved somewhere, lol I try to do that with good ideas so I have them still later.

  7. #7
    Squash Fodder

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    163
    Rep Power
    4352

    Re: Fight Night August 25th Promo Discussion Thread

    So the Deception promo was much better this time with the formatting, spacing, and editing, but some parts are still a little long, as in paragraphs of more than 5 sentences at a time. Not to seem like it wasn't much better again, because even such minor attention to the above listed things made it so much better flowing and easier to read, so very good job there. Maybe the paragraph and breaking thing isn't such a thing to others, it's just something I always look out for when doing my own, as it makes easier to not read too much at a time. Keep it up though brother and I see some things coming your way.

    Bell was very interesting and quite welly thought out carefully, obviously, so I'd even say with that one, keep an eye on this go-around because she might, just might, drop the still recently returned Kazadi out of the tournament.

  8. #8
    Tacos Rule!
    hanz gruber's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    350
    Rep Power
    16362
      Country                    United States

    Re: Fight Night August 25th Promo Discussion Thread

    As said before really liked Wolf's promo against Sync- how it was a dream and I think Sync will really have to bring it in his promo if he wants to win (hopefully he gets a promo in for this show as I always liked his stuff, the few I got to read.

    Bell promo- again really good, will it be good enough to win? Will just have to see when the other prom is posted.

    Deception- again, another really good promo. Showing more development. Keep it up man

    Wrath- good promo against Mac- though at one point when saying he should go back to being an athlete - makes no sense since as a wrestler- he is an athlete already .
    That and some of the stuff you were saying about Graves Deception promo- paragraph length- you were doing the same. I think in both instances , you and Graves, its not too much.
    Last edited by hanz gruber; 08-24-2017 at 12:21 AM.

  9. #9
    Heel Champion
    Just Plain Sayer's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    3,648
    Rep Power
    60350

    Re: Fight Night August 25th Promo Discussion Thread

    Extension request that I may or may not need, but doing it just in case.

  10. #10
    Squash Fodder

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    163
    Rep Power
    4352

    Re: Fight Night August 25th Promo Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by hanz gruber View Post
    As said before really liked Wolf's promo against Sync- how it was a dream and I think Sync will really have to bring it in his promo if he wants to win (hopefully he gets a promo in for this show as I always liked his stuff, the few I got to read.

    Bell promo- again really good, will it be good enough to win? Will just have to see when the other prom is posted.

    Deception- again, another really good promo. Showing more development. Keep it up man

    Wrath- good promo against Mac- though at one point when saying he should go back to being an athlete - makes no sense since as a wrestler- he is an athlete already .
    That's obviously not at all the context in which she meant it lol.

    Those hombre guys though...uh yeah, sure...lol.

  11. #11

    RainShaker's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Korakuen Hall Safe Standing Section
    Posts
    15,047
    Rep Power
    358954
      Country                    Jamaica

    Re: Fight Night August 25th Promo Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Powerful Sayer View Post
    Extension request that I may or may not need, but doing it just in case.
    No.

    (yes)
    ----



    ----




    IMPORTANT MESSAGE

    Spoiler:




    ~~HAVE A NICE DAY~~
    Spoiler:






  12. #12
    Tacos Rule!
    hanz gruber's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    350
    Rep Power
    16362
      Country                    United States

    Re: Fight Night August 25th Promo Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by 1000Deaths View Post
    That's obviously not at all the context in which she meant it lol.

    Those hombre guys though...uh yeah, sure...lol.
    I don't understand then. She is saying he should leave FWA, go back to being in the military or go back to being an athlete . How should the reader take that if that's not what she ment?

    As for my El Taco promo, they are jobbers, they are not very bright.

  13. #13
    Squash Fodder

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    163
    Rep Power
    4352

    Re: Fight Night August 25th Promo Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by hanz gruber View Post
    I don't understand then. She is saying he should leave FWA, go back to being in the military or go back to being an athlete . How should the reader take that if that's not what she ment?

    As for my El Taco promo, they are jobbers, they are not very bright.
    I thought it was pretty obvious that it was a comparison to being on the football field and fighting Zako Wrath. This wasn't meant as a comparison of athletics lol.

  14. #14
    Mankind's Boiler Room
    OMB's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Buffalo
    Posts
    628
    Rep Power
    19818

    Re: Fight Night August 25th Promo Discussion Thread

    As for my El Taco promo, they are jobbers, they are not very bright.[/QUOTE]


    They are extremely funny tho lol

  15. #15
    Tacos Rule!
    hanz gruber's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    350
    Rep Power
    16362
      Country                    United States

    Re: Fight Night August 25th Promo Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by 1000Deaths View Post
    I thought it was pretty obvious that it was a comparison to being on the football field and fighting Zako Wrath. This wasn't meant as a comparison of athletics lol.
    Idk, read more like you should leave FWA and go back to football or military. That's how I read it. Guess it could be read either way. Because of stuff I deal with at my job- tons of paperwork, proofreading medical records/reports , reports that my coworkers write up and all , I tend to read into things literally (if that makes sense.)

  16. #16
    Squash Fodder

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    163
    Rep Power
    4352

    Re: Fight Night August 25th Promo Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by hanz gruber View Post
    Idk, read more like you should leave FWA and go back to football or military. That's how I read it. Guess it could be read either way. Because of stuff I deal with at my job- tons of paperwork, proofreading medical records/reports , reports that my coworkers write up and all , I tend to read into things literally (if that makes sense.)
    It was more the sense of he'd be better off lol.

  17. #17
    Tacos Rule!
    hanz gruber's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    350
    Rep Power
    16362
      Country                    United States

    Re: Fight Night August 25th Promo Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by 1000Deaths View Post
    It was more the sense of he'd be better off lol.
    No duh, but that was not my point. But nevermind.

    Anyways, moving on ...... I will read the new promo that was posted in a bit and try to critique it too.

  18. #18
    SOS Brigade Member
    Grim's Avatar

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Sleepy Eye, Minnesota
    Posts
    4,219
    Rep Power
    35279
      Country                    United States

    Re: Fight Night August 25th Promo Discussion Thread

    Probably going to go ahead and ask for an extension. Been having a rough couple days at work, and haven't had a chance to get to my promo.


    Grim's Threads


    Spoiler:

    Grim Reviews Random Games / WWE: Rewriting History / Resident Evil: Raccoon City / Humanity




  19. #19

    RainShaker's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Korakuen Hall Safe Standing Section
    Posts
    15,047
    Rep Power
    358954
      Country                    Jamaica

    Re: Fight Night August 25th Promo Discussion Thread

    because I am in a lenient mood, yes. but everyone else in your match is getting one too.

    PSA to everyone: in future if there are less than 24 hours til deadline, it's automatically being denied.
    ----



    ----




    IMPORTANT MESSAGE

    Spoiler:




    ~~HAVE A NICE DAY~~
    Spoiler:






  20. #20
    Tacos Rule!
    hanz gruber's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    350
    Rep Power
    16362
      Country                    United States

    Re: Fight Night August 25th Promo Discussion Thread

    Heartbreak Express promo was pretty entertaining to read. Liked it a lot- however there were some issues- mostly Katies gender changed a few times lol. A few other mistakes here and there, just needed more proof reading.

    Parr promo was really good too. As was SCVs-very solid promo- to me the better over all in the tag team match.

    Randall- damm good promo. Deception's was pretty damm good too. Could not really pick a winner.

    Solid O'NEAL promo too, a good look back for so one who has not been hereon especially with Humanity wich I liked. Didn't really talk about the tag match though
    Last edited by hanz gruber; 08-24-2017 at 10:43 PM.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •