Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Fight Night August 25th Promo Discussion Thread

Mankind's Boiler Room

Status

Re: Fight Night August 25th Promo Discussion Thread

Jimmy King that was good that was damn good facing you this week made me feel like I could get that next level its a god damn pleasure working with ya wish you bothing but the best.

Izzy: What a good promo, even better then last week.

Tacos Rule!

Status
      Country                    United States

Def a real good promo for Izzy- great character development with he too.

The Maple Leaf Maverick

Status
      Country                    Canada

Zako: Reminds me a lot of my own promo style. You obviously did your research by looking at my sign up which was cool and appreciated. I like the raw aggression that it seems Zako has and using the chick for the verbal parts (I did the same with my manager Sarge for quite awhile) I would say adding some more scenery and descriptions to break up the block of verbal would do you some good ( I still struggle with this so you aren't alone)

Come to Besiktas

Status
      Country                    Turkey

I will try to do more reviews in the future, but let's give a start now, since I want my title match promo to be reviewed too.

Hans: I already had a soft spot for Hans because of his nationality. German in promos always looks beautiful, takes me back to my high school days where I would barely pass my German exams by sheer luck. Hans' respect for women is still visible in this promo, he appreciated Izzy's skills, it's nice to see that personality trait didn't change because of his opponent was a woman. And he still gave reasons why he will beat her. Comparing Hans and Izzy's hometowns is something I would not think of, so props to you on that part. Overall, it's realistic, fitting and well-written.

Wolf: This is everything I thought Wolf's character would be. Angry, aggressive, action movie, 100% testosterone mofo. The promo was funny, intimidating and effective at the same time, too bad Sync didn't show up like you wanted him to.

Deception: I knew OMB could pull off something like this. He definitely stepped up his game against an opponent like Jason. Deception did already beat Hans, so I would imagine that victory was a huge fuel for this promo. His trash-talk game was good but the ability to show a definitive character was even better. There were no grammar errors that made me want to stop reading. Even if he loses against Jason, I believe he put himself on the map with this promo. Looking forward to his future promos.

Zako: The one thing about monster heels are they have the same attitude regardless of their opponents and I think Zako shows this really well. And since Zako and MDLM are beyond normal human standards, I think it is fitting to refuse Zako to be called a 'bully'. The small details and MDLM talking are all fine, they give the creepy vibe very well but one thing that ticks me off is that Zako's promos usually has the same setting or style. They are somewhere, MDLM does something and talks about Zako's opponent. Then often Spanish words and fade to black. That interview promo with Amy Duke was different and it stood out, and I think Zako could use something different like that again.

Squash Fodder

Status

Right on Fytia, thank you. Like Mac had said as well, I'm definitely thinking about some different stuff to do that is more than just many words and what not. Got a few ideas lol.

Mankind's Boiler Room

Status

Quote Originally Posted by hanz gruber View Post
    Def a real good promo for Izzy- great character development with he too.
    100% agreed completely she could of been just enough cookie cutter emo like chick but she isnt I loved the promo

Status
      Country                    Jamaica

@Graves

Did you ask a mod whether you could derail the kayfabe set up with Duke or not? And did you ask 1000Deaths if it was cool or not to do that as well?

If not, why not?
    ----

----

IMPORTANT MESSAGE

Spoiler:

~~HAVE A NICE DAY~~
    Spoiler:

Mankind's Boiler Room

Status

Quote Originally Posted by RyuShake Taguchi View Post
    @Graves

Did you ask a mod whether you could derail the kayfabe set up with Duke or not? And did you ask 1000Deaths if it was cool or not to do that as well?

If not, why not?
    Sorry I had just wrote the promo last night. I take full resonceblity for that I forgotten I had this promo this week was just trying to seperate promos . My apoliges

Heel Champion

Status

But you said it was a stunt to make Zako look strong. That wasnt fogotten.

The Maple Leaf Maverick

Status

Kinda derailed my promo quite a bit as it focused a lot of Macs anger because of the assault on duke

Mankind's Boiler Room

Status

I was in the wrong and like I said am sorry

A friend in need is a pest

Status

I apologize for not RPing this week I'm going through some writer's block at the moment and hopefully I get my groove back soon.

[07:31 PM] Stonewall Dakson
    : I have a good friend that lives near Seattle. He says I should come visit sometime but that is like the exact opposite side of the country from me.
    [07:31 PM] Jon Snow
    : theyve got planes for that
    [07:31 PM] Stonewall Dakson
    : And those cost lots of money
    [07:32 PM] Jim
    : send yourself in a box without any holes with the USPS. Best case scenario, you get cheap traveling, worst case, you're gone forever
    [10:00 PM] Kairi HoHo
    : Jerk it in my honor Dak bye.
    [06:18 PM]
    Stonewall Dakson
    : Guys, I am going to see President Trump tomorrow.
    [06:19 PM]
    Stonewall Dakson
    : He's holding a rally in the town I live in. Gonna skip outta work and go.
    Stonewall Dakson
    : Not the town I live in, the town I work in.
    RecyCocks
    : You should bring TGR with you
    [06:20 PM]
    Stonewall Dakson
    : If I was taking a long walk off a short pier I would gladly bring TGR with me.

Quote Originally Posted by Creeping Death View Post
    Btw Jiggy said I was only a 4 on a scale of 1 to Jon for being annoying so that's my resolution covered.
    BS Mafia 4 Lyfe: Dakstang Dook Duke HoHo Punk Wolf CocksDynamite Creeping Death Swamps

Tacos Rule!

Status

Yeah, gotta agree with the Graves Sinn promo I def would have asked a mod and SB (death as he is known here) for persmission or if it was cool. Graves asked permission to use one of my former efed wrestlers in on of his lromos- had no problem with that. But glad he asked.

The promo, besides all that was not bad but not being color coded did take away from the promo.

Same for Jon Snows character- really food promo but not being color coded takes away from it.

SOS Brigade Member

Status

Apologies for the shortness of the promo. I was planning on having something a little longer. Oh well, I can just work on it next time.

Grim's Threads

Spoiler:

Grim Reviews Random Games / WWE: Rewriting History / Resident Evil: Raccoon City / Humanity

Heel Champion

Status

Okay, so I know someone is going to point it out. I didn't mention my match this week. At all.

Truth is, I felt telling this part of the story is important and that going into a promo about PAJ would be ill-fitting. It didn't seem natural. It's not a sign of disrespect towards Tom or anything. I knew he wasn't showing as he had told me that a few hours ago, so I decided on going this route. So again, wasn't meant as a sign of disrespect whatsoever. People have been saying that I've been vague about this new direction for Mike and that's true. I was leaving a lot of options open, taking suggestions, and I've finally decided upon the route that I want to go and I think telling the story of how we get there is going to be really fun, but I'm also going to take my time and do it properly. Hope you all keep up with Mike and enjoy the ride.

Status

Quote Originally Posted by hanz gruber View Post
    Same for Jon Snows character- really food promo but not being color coded takes away from it.
    I don't agree. Kazadi's promo (and Jon's promo style in general) is aesthetically sleek and easy on the eyes. It works with the font choice and grey table outline. I don't think it takes anything away from what was a sensational promo.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyrus Truth View Post
    FUCK THE NAZIS. Fuck them, the alt-right, and those white supremacy Confederate-flag wanking babies who are so angry because life's not fair and brown-skinned human beings want to sit at the table. Fuck these Tiki-torch, polo-wearing hatemongers for believing that they're any better than anybody else. And a double dose of "Fuck you" to ANYONE who buys into this garbage of a centralized "white culture" because such a thing DOES NOT EXIST NOR EVER HAS. And while anybody who punches one of these lowlifes should be punished as the law dictates, I sure as hell am not going to feel sorry for these fuckers if their lives become a series of perpetual punches. When you spew hate, what the fuck do you expect?

Tacos Rule!

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Jiggy View Post
    I don't agree. Kazadi's promo (and Jon's promo style in general) is aesthetically sleek and easy on the eyes. It works with the font choice and grey table outline. I don't think it takes anything away from what was a sensational promo.
    No doubt it is an awesome promo- I just always found a little color breaks things up a little more, makes it a little easier to read especially on a phone. That's just me though. It's a great promo and he does a great job of seperating text blocks up, just the cor, to me, would add to it.

Mid-Card Champion

Status
      Country                    Wales

Quote Originally Posted by RecyCocks View Post
    I apologize for not RPing this week I'm going through some writer's block at the moment and hopefully I get my groove back soon.
    Don't worry man, I didn't manage to get anything in to go against you either.

Summer's just not a good time for me when it comes to online stuff like e-fedding as I'm just extremely busy, which is annoying since every time I seem to be gathering momentum here I then no-show for a week or two and lose that momentum. As soon as I was back from my holiday last week I got a call with an offer of some freelance work and so had to leave merely hours after coming back from holiday. By the time I got back from doing that it was then time for me to start back at my other job too (I have a job working at a college and do freelancing work as a musician). Things should be better going forward as summer holidays come to an end. May struggle again next week depending on when the deadline is, but will see how we get on.

Squash Fodder

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Powerful Sayer View Post
    Okay, so I know someone is going to point it out. I didn't mention my match this week. At all.

Truth is, I felt telling this part of the story is important and that going into a promo about PAJ would be ill-fitting. It didn't seem natural. It's not a sign of disrespect towards Tom or anything. I knew he wasn't showing as he had told me that a few hours ago, so I decided on going this route. So again, wasn't meant as a sign of disrespect whatsoever. People have been saying that I've been vague about this new direction for Mike and that's true. I was leaving a lot of options open, taking suggestions, and I've finally decided upon the route that I want to go and I think telling the story of how we get there is going to be really fun, but I'm also going to take my time and do it properly. Hope you all keep up with Mike and enjoy the ride.
    Yeah that guy didn't even say anything about the match at all lol.

Squash Fodder

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Fytia View Post
    I will try to do more reviews in the future, but let's give a start now, since I want my title match promo to be reviewed too.

Hans: I already had a soft spot for Hans because of his nationality. German in promos always looks beautiful, takes me back to my high school days where I would barely pass my German exams by sheer luck. Hans' respect for women is still visible in this promo, he appreciated Izzy's skills, it's nice to see that personality trait didn't change because of his opponent was a woman. And he still gave reasons why he will beat her. Comparing Hans and Izzy's hometowns is something I would not think of, so props to you on that part. Overall, it's realistic, fitting and well-written.

Wolf: This is everything I thought Wolf's character would be. Angry, aggressive, action movie, 100% testosterone mofo. The promo was funny, intimidating and effective at the same time, too bad Sync didn't show up like you wanted him to.

Deception: I knew OMB could pull off something like this. He definitely stepped up his game against an opponent like Jason. Deception did already beat Hans, so I would imagine that victory was a huge fuel for this promo. His trash-talk game was good but the ability to show a definitive character was even better. There were no grammar errors that made me want to stop reading. Even if he loses against Jason, I believe he put himself on the map with this promo. Looking forward to his future promos.

Zako: The one thing about monster heels are they have the same attitude regardless of their opponents and I think Zako shows this really well. And since Zako and MDLM are beyond normal human standards, I think it is fitting to refuse Zako to be called a 'bully'. The small details and MDLM talking are all fine, they give the creepy vibe very well but one thing that ticks me off is that Zako's promos usually has the same setting or style. They are somewhere, MDLM does something and talks about Zako's opponent. Then often Spanish words and fade to black. That interview promo with Amy Duke was different and it stood out, and I think Zako could use something different like that again.
    Yeah, I've definitely got something else different and unique already thought of coming for next show, actually, lol.

Thread Information