Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ezekiel Elliott suspended 6 games

Future Endeavoured

Status

Ezekiel Elliott suspended 6 games

Sorry but that's pretty ridiculous for something he wasn't even charged for.

He's going to fight this all the way. Maybe the NFL anticipated that so they gave him a harsher suspension knowing that it would be reduced.

Still messed up. I don't like the Cowboys, I don't care for Elliot as a person, I don't even have him on any of my fantasy teams. But this was way too harsh of a punishment for something the police didn't even find enough to charge him for.

Roger Goodell needs to go. The dude has always been on a mega power trip. Judge, jury, and executioner.

Beer Lives Matter

Status
    ="text-align:left">   Country                    United States

Re: Ezekiel Elliott suspended 6 games

Six game's really harsh. If Elliott appeals and loses, I would be pissed off. Fucking Goodell continues to make the NFL the "No Fun League" with his reckless decisions to piss the fans off.

It also spells bad news for HoHo's fantasy football team. Sorry man :/

Future Endeavoured

Status

Quote Originally Posted by DOOM View Post
    Six game's really harsh. If Elliott appeals and loses, I would be pissed off. Fucking Goodell continues to make the NFL the "No Fun League" with his reckless decisions to piss the fans off.

It also spells bad news for HoHo's fantasy football team. Sorry man :/
    They also apparently told him that any further violations are going to potentially result in a lifetime ban.

Apparently they have found a lot of irrefutable evidence against him. They sound more serious than any suspension like this before.

But I can't imagine what they have that the police didn't. The fact that they are that serious though with the lifetime ban thing might make the Cowboys and Elliot stand down

I'm also not too sure anymore about the NFLPA backing him like they did with Brady. Domestic abuse is a bit harder to get behind. But they have before like with Hardy right?

Pain does not lie

Status
      Country                    Puerto Rico

Yeah bad news, but I'm sure I can adjust my Team in drafting another RB on my next pick or just erase him from my keepers since we haven't started drafting yet. Yeah he'll fight the suspension for sure and I wouldn't be shocked to see him 4 games instead of 6. Major blow for the Cowboys if it's 6 games, because yeah they have decent backups, but not at Elliot's level. Elliot skills helped everyone on that Offense and plug him out of the team for 6 games changes things greatly.

Real Women of Genius
    Ongoing, click the link if you want to take a tour of Women's Wrestling
    HoHo's Excellent Adventure

Let's get the Time Machine and go back in time dudes and dudettes to the classics

Future Endeavoured

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Kairi HoHo View Post
    Yeah bad news, but I'm sure I can adjust my Team in drafting another RB on my next pick or just erase him from my keepers since we haven't started drafting yet. Yeah he'll fight the suspension for sure and I wouldn't be shocked to see him 4 games instead of 6. Major blow for the Cowboys if it's 6 games, because yeah they have decent backups, but not at Elliot's level. Elliot skills helped everyone on that Offense and plug him out of the team for 6 games changes things greatly.
    I don't care how good he is I wouldn't want him on my fantasy team. I'd take David Johnson every day of the week, even without Elliot suspended.

It is freaking ridiculous in this country the lack of prosecution on domestic abuse. People who hit animals get more punishment than people who hit women and children.

Future Endeavoured

Status

I meant to post this in this thread awhile ago. Accidentally posted in the Trump thread haha:

http://www.totalprosports.com/2017/0...s-to-prove-it/

Never mind I'm changing my stance. I hope this piece of shit doesn't get this overturned. And I hope the police reopen their investigation on him.

Pain does not lie

Status
      Country                    Puerto Rico

Putting your hands on any person is wrong, but those pics don't prove he had did that to her. Someone on the comment list said those photos are from a Bar fight the GF had with another Woman and supposedly and unless they have some kind of video or something you can't loophole through he won't get charged most likely. Pretty sure the Cops have all this evidence and why haven't they done something about it, if the evidence was clear in her mind, but not in there minds? What I'm saying is the NFL makes the decision before truly being considered guilty?

So the NFL has better Investigators than the Police Department and what's this I'm hearing about this lady trying to blackmail Zeke? This is such a mess going on with this

Real Women of Genius
    Ongoing, click the link if you want to take a tour of Women's Wrestling
    HoHo's Excellent Adventure

Let's get the Time Machine and go back in time dudes and dudettes to the classics

it's long and it's gone

Status

I'm just really all broken up about this....so sad so unfair to the Cowboys and their fans...always such out standing and nice people.

or not

Future Endeavoured

Status

He's gonna try and fight it apparently all the way to the courts, but he really doesn't have a case. According the the NFL conduct policy, that he agreed to upon signing his contract, they have the right to suspend him for six games.

Why do NFL players think they can get away with stuff that any person in any other normal company would be fired for?

stressed but chillin

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Long Dong Booty View Post
    I'm just really all broken up about this....so sad so unfair
    For real. He isn't even going to miss either of the games against Washington.

Spoiler:

Future Endeavoured

Status

Apparently though he isn't out of the woods yet. They still can suspend him for his other two incidents as well.

Future Endeavoured

Status

I don't know I've been back and forth on this. The more I read into it, it seems like there's a lot of inconsistencies in her accusations and that is why charges were never filed.

At the same time I know just how difficult it is to prosecute domestic violence accusations, which is a problem, and that may be also why.

I don't know. I don't need to know. The fact of the matter is the NFL launched a year long investigation. Based on their standard of proof they thought Elliot violated their personal conduct policy based.

As a Steeler fan, I was outraged when Ben Roethlisberger was suspended six games when for the same thing back in 2010. Unlike Elliot he wasn't even arrested. I don't think Ben assaulted that woman. They probably had sex, and then she wanted some fame and money after and cried rape.

But the fact of the matter is Ben put himself in a bad situation, and it made the league look bad. Elliot has also put himself in a bad situation. Multiple bad situations.

Ben didn't fight it to the courts. He appealed and he took his 4 games. Then he settled down, got married and had a couple kids. Elliot should do the same. Settle yourself down, you are putting yourself in bad situations.

Internet Favorite

Status
      Country                    United States

Sure, he didn't have charges pressed against him , but domestic abuse cases are often that way, due to the perceived repercussions the victim faces if they try. I don't think this suspension can be shortened. I believe it's all 6 games or nothing. I could be wrong there, but I have seen that. Whether its true or not, I'm not sure. I'm not for or against the Cowboys as a team, but isn't this like the 15th suspension by one of their players.

Jerry Jones fully backed Goodell when Brady was suspended with no evidence and now that it's happened to one of his players...oh, maybe the league is screwed up. I think the NFL should be able to enforce a punishment like this, because it's important...however, it should not be in the hands of 1 man...especially Roger Goodell.

Internet Favorite

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Sully View Post
    I don't know I've been back and forth on this. The more I read into it, it seems like there's a lot of inconsistencies in her accusations and that is why charges were never filed.

At the same time I know just how difficult it is to prosecute domestic violence accusations, which is a problem, and that may be also why.

I don't know. I don't need to know. The fact of the matter is the NFL launched a year long investigation. Based on their standard of proof they thought Elliot violated their personal conduct policy based.

As a Steeler fan, I was outraged when Ben Roethlisberger was suspended six games when for the same thing back in 2010. Unlike Elliot he wasn't even arrested. I don't think Ben assaulted that woman. They probably had sex, and then she wanted some fame and money after and cried rape.

But the fact of the matter is Ben put himself in a bad situation, and it made the league look bad. Elliot has also put himself in a bad situation. Multiple bad situations.

Ben didn't fight it to the courts. He appealed and he took his 4 games. Then he settled down, got married and had a couple kids. Elliot should do the same. Settle yourself down, you are putting yourself in bad situations.
    The difference between Ben and Zeke...The Steelers ownership backed the suspension of Ben.

Future Endeavoured

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Cereal Killer View Post
    The difference between Ben and Zeke...The Steelers ownership backed the suspension of Ben.
    They're completely different organizations. One takes reresponsibility for bad mistakes. The Rooneys always hold their players to high standards (although since Art II took over not as much)

Jerry Jones on the other hand has his own controversies. I also love how they defend Elliot, but get rid of Lucky Whitehead who literally wasn't even the guy who did the crime. Some guy gave police Lucky's info. The Cowboys cut Lucky. Dude wasn't even in the same state, they cut him just like that. But with Elliot he's their all star so they'd defend him all the way to death row if they had to.

Moon Vulcan S-Mod

Status

Yeah that Lucky story makes the organization look really bad when they step up to defend an asshole like Elliott. LOOL at the police in all this being as incompetent as ever, must have been the FSU police during Jameis Winston's tenure who handled the Zeke's case.

Personally don't mind harsh suspensions for anyone who commits violent acts or blatantly breaks in-game rules. Or really just any reason that warrants punishment.
    Shoot Shoot Punch Punch Kick Break Your Limbs And Your Face

The soul of Billy Robinson lives on~

Follow me on Twitter - @DylanZeroSky

And check out my podcasts! Every week from the MLW Radio Network (Though I'm not affliated with Jim Cornette personally)

Eastern Lariat - Japanese Wrestling (w/Cagematch.net Boss STRIGGA)

Lucha Talk - Méxican Wrestling (w/LuchaWorld Boss Fredo Esparza & Spanish Translator LIGER FEVER)

Future Endeavoured

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Zero View Post
    Yeah that Lucky story makes the organization look really bad when they step up to defend an asshole like Elliott. LOOL at the police in all this being as incompetent as ever, must have been the FSU police during Jameis Winston's tenure who handled the Zeke's case.

Personally don't mind harsh suspensions for anyone who commits violent acts or blatantly breaks in-game rules. Or really just any reason that warrants punishment.
    Not sure if you can blame the police. They brought it to the district attorney and they decided not to prosecute. This happens all the time with domestic abuse cases, not just NFL players. But the police may not have handled the investigation correctly in order to get enough evidence for a successful prosecution.

Thing is I don't really know. Both of their stories sound pretty inconsistent.

WC Hall Of Famer

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Sully View Post
    In fairness, people saying shit like this is exactly why most rapes go unreported.

Future Endeavoured

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Suntan Superman View Post
    In fairness, people saying shit like this is exactly why most rapes go unreported.
    Don't start with me man. I'm very pro-victim with this kind of shit, but there's also a lot of women who throw out false accusations and ruin lives because of it.

If you'd like me to go into more detail on why that girl specifically has lost credibility for me I can, but don't you dare come in here and pick apart one thing I said and try to smear it.

WC Hall Of Famer

Status

edit to remove snark.

ultimately, the point is, you could've made statements without accusing the victims, you chose not to, and that's in super poor taste.
    Last edited by Suntan Superman; 08-16-2017 at 08:40 PM.

Thread Information