Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ezekiel Elliott suspended 6 games

Status
      Country                    United States

Re: Ezekiel Elliott suspended 6 games

Zeke got his temporary restraining order. Expect him to be able to play the entire season while this fight gets worked out in the courts.

Prince Of Joshi

Status
      Country                    Puerto Rico

Quote Originally Posted by Sully View Post
    Zeke got his temporary restraining order. Expect him to be able to play the entire season while this fight gets worked out in the courts.
    Somewhere Jerry Jones is praying at a Church in Texas hearing this news. Yeah he should play all Season and I bet he doesn't have to serve anytime when everything is settled next Season.

Real Women of Genius
    Ongoing, click the link if you want to take a tour of Women's Wrestling
    It's Morphin Time: A Mighty Morphin Walkthrough

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Kairi HoHo View Post
    Somewhere Jerry Jones is praying at a Church in Texas hearing this news. Yeah he should play all Season and I bet he doesn't have to serve anytime when everything is settled next Season.
    Even if they deny it in November, Elliot will appeal and ask for a postponement. He's playing all year.

Even then considering at this TRO they said he didn't get a fair hearing, so the courts are already siding with him.

Yooooo Mang

Status

As someone who ended up with Zeke on two fantasy in the 3rd round I'm a happy boy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Long Dong Booty View Post
    As someone who ended up with Zeke on two fantasy in the 3rd round I'm a happy boy

I'd have never let him slide that far. If I picked 5th overall I'd take him in the first. If I picked high enough to get Johnson, Bell, or Gordon I'd take one of them and then take him in the second. Even if he was suspended 6 games. But it was made clear he was fighting this like Brady did, so obviously the people in your leagues are total donkeys

Yooooo Mang

Status

That's fine with me

God Mode

Status

Yeah, it looks very much like he's going to actually end up winning this. It helps that the NFL investigator is on his side, and that this was already thrown out of court in the past.

Time to feed, Zeke.
    Fate whispers to the warrior
    'You can not withstand the storm.'
    The warrior whispers back,

I am the storm.

Status

So a little late on this, but in a surprising twist, Elliot's suspension was reinstated by the appeals court.

Obviously Elliot is going to appeal this. But sooner or later a decision has to be final. I really do not know where I stand anymore on this. Like I said before, I was on the NFL's side when he was first suspended, on the sole fact that I believed that being investigated for a year that the NFL's investigator found something that made the NFL think it was more likely than not Elliot violated their personal conduct policy. When it came out that the investigator did the exact opposite and recommended Elliot not be suspended, that is where I jumped ship.

I thought once the courts originally ruled in Elliot's favor, that it was a losing battle for the NFL. But now they won their appeal.

This really doesn't even come down to whether or not Elliot committed domestic violence or not. It has to do with the NFL's personal conduct policy, and the court's interpretation of it. Elliot seems to be getting screwed though by it, but right now it is what it is until the NFLPA fights it during the next collective bargaining agreement. But hey that is their fault, because during the last CBA all they cared about was having to go to less practices and cried about them being worked too hard. They didn't care about giving Roger all the disciplinary power. Now they're paying for it.

God Mode

Status

Since that last post, Zeke has been suspended and unsuspended like 3 times.

This is neveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeer eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeever ending.

As for the reason NFL is so damned adamant about this? It's a mix of them completely fumbling domestic violence over and over in the past and wanting to save face, mixed with the fact Jerry Jones has been against reinstating Goodell.

I am the storm.

Prince Of Joshi

Status

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2...-denies-motion

Damn Elliott is getting screwed further and theirs no way he'll be able to get something done before the game on Sunday so he's going to have to serve that suspension now

For the Cowboys yeah they have solid RB's behind him, none of them do what Elliott does on the field so they are going to be hurt by this unless Dak is throwing 5 TDs a game, they are going fall back and maybe not make the playoffs this year.

Real Women of Genius

God Mode

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Kairi HoHo View Post
    http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2...-denies-motion

Damn Elliott is getting screwed further and theirs no way he'll be able to get something done before the game on Sunday so he's going to have to serve that suspension now

For the Cowboys yeah they have solid RB's behind him, none of them do what Elliott does on the field so they are going to be hurt by this unless Dak is throwing 5 TDs a game, they are going fall back and maybe not make the playoffs this year.
    5 TDs a game? I think that's a bit excessive to be needed to win every game. Though most games he's throwing 3.

There's no reason with that O Line and 3 solid RBs they can't get TDs that way, too.

The biggest concern is that the defense continues the way it has the last 3 games, particularly the secondary.

Honestly, the biggest bitch about all of it is that he's having to serve a suspension for something he wasn't even charged with, and couldn't clear his name in the NFL.

I am the storm.

Prince Of Joshi

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Vayne View Post
    5 TDs a game? I think that's a bit excessive to be needed to win every game. Though most games he's throwing 3.

There's no reason with that O Line and 3 solid RBs they can't get TDs that way, too.

The biggest concern is that the defense continues the way it has the last 3 games, particularly the secondary.

Honestly, the biggest bitch about all of it is that he's having to serve a suspension for something he wasn't even charged with, and couldn't clear his name in the NFL.
    It's possible sure, but that defense getting healthier and better since last year I don't trust at all. What is my fear is that the Defense is going to put them in a hole at times, which pushes all the stress for Dak to be all him or nothing and I'm not sure he'll able to get it done.

Real Women of Genius

God Mode

Status

The secondary is the biggest issue.

Dak is not an issue, he is every bit as good as it gets. He's improved on his deep ball, for one. He's amazing on his feet. He's very accurate, and has no issues under pressure, and is a great play caller.

Overall, he blows Wentz and Goff out of the picture, but overall team wise this year won't show that. But his stats will.

I am the storm.

Crotchety Old SMOD

Status
      Country                    Canada

Overall, he blows Wentz and Goff out of the picture
    You can't really say that until one of them wins a playoff game. At the end of the day, stats don't mean shit, winning does. Being a Cowboys fan, you should realize that more than most.

Ask Fuji|2018 Movie Log

Help decide WC's Fave Five Samuel L. Jackson Films~!

​​​

Quote Originally Posted by Wang Chung
    Fuji- got his hint possibly town but also threatened Cox with a burrito up his ass

God Mode

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Fuji Vice View Post
    You can't really say that until one of them wins a playoff game. At the end of the day, stats don't mean shit, winning does. Being a Cowboys fan, you should realize that more than most.
    Overall winning doesn't determine actual talent. You have a lot of QBs who've had great success, but not nearly as talented as others.

I get what you mean, though.

I am the storm.

THEY COULD'VE BEEN GODS~!!!

Status

Prescott's a talented quarterback. If you think it's all about wins, then I'm sorry that your brain's not functioning right. That's the fucking truth.

LEAGUE CHAMPIONSHIP ACCOMPLISHMENTS
    FANTASY BASEBALL: 2014 | FANTASY FOOTBALL: 2016 | FANTASY BASKETBALL: 2017-18

Crotchety Old SMOD

Status
      Country                    Canada

Quote Originally Posted by King Dong DOOM View Post
    Prescott's a talented quarterback. If you think it's all about wins, then I'm sorry that your brain's not functioning right. That's the fucking truth.
    So you're saying a player would rather have great stats but no Super Bowl rings? Because if that's what you're saying then your brain's not functioning right. That's the fucking truth.

Ask Fuji|2018 Movie Log

Help decide WC's Fave Five Samuel L. Jackson Films~!

​​​

Quote Originally Posted by Wang Chung
    Fuji- got his hint possibly town but also threatened Cox with a burrito up his ass

THEY COULD'VE BEEN GODS~!!!

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Fuji Vice View Post
    So you're saying a player would rather have great stats but no Super Bowl rings? Because if that's what you're saying then your brain's not functioning right. That's the fucking truth.
    That's not actually true of what I said, I was just fucking with Vayne by making a troll post to test the waters. I've always want to see quarterbacks be great by working their hardest to become leaders on the field. Brady's a prime example of that. He and Belichick won five Super Bowls, which has amazed me. I hope young quarterbacks like Prescott, Wentz, Goff, even Watson works their asses off to achieve success like the Manning brothers, Rodgers, Brees, Montana, etc,.

LEAGUE CHAMPIONSHIP ACCOMPLISHMENTS
    FANTASY BASEBALL: 2014 | FANTASY FOOTBALL: 2016 | FANTASY BASKETBALL: 2017-18

God Mode

Status

What I am saying is that a success does not equate always to talent.

And talent does not always equate to success. You have to confirm to a system as an NFL quarterback, and fit that system well. Your team has to be on point, and so does your coaching.

Marino was incredibly talented, yet never won a ring. Dandy Don Meredith was also very good...And no rings.

Then you have Terry Bradshaw. A guy who has a only 2 more TD passes than he does Ints, and a 51% completion rating. And he's a 4 time SB winner. Would you say he is more talented than Aaron Rodgers? Not at all. But more successful? Very much so.

That's all I'm getting at. That, and that Dak is indeed a very talented kid with a bright future.

I am the storm.

The Mayor of Slamtown

Status

What I am saying is that a success does not equate always to talent.

And talent does not always equate to success. You have to confirm to a system as an NFL quarterback, and fit that system well. Your team has to be on point, and so does your coaching.

Marino was incredibly talented, yet never won a ring. Dandy Don Meredith was also very good...And no rings.

Then you have Terry Bradshaw. A guy who has a only 2 more TD passes than he does Ints, and a 51% completion rating. And he's a 4 time SB winner. Would you say he is more talented than Aaron Rodgers? Not at all. But more successful? Very much so.

That's all I'm getting at. That, and that Dak is indeed a very talented kid with a bright future.
    Might want to switch that up to....Prescott.

Thread Information