Page 41 of 41 FirstFirst ... 31394041

Thread: Premier League 2017/18 Discussion Thread

The EST of WC

Status
      Country                    Jamaica

Re: Premier League 2017/18 Discussion Thread

Pool winning, Spurs & Chelski both losing.

No fuckups pls.

Show Off

Status

Rafa.

The EST of WC

Status
      Country                    Jamaica

Chelsea

Top 4 finish locked, Champo league in 2 weeks time. Lets do this

Congrats to City on 100 Points too. What an achievement.

Intercontinental Champion

Status
      Country                    Wales

Don't think anyone well better than 100 point total in a season. It's quite special indeed. Nice open game at Wembely huh? Only the 9 goals haha.

Looking forward to next season already.
    I have a plan so cunning......

WENGER OUT!

Status

A nice way for Arsene Wenger to sign off with a win. Don’t care if it wasn’t a convincing win, just glad that we won and kept a clean sheet. Finally a first away league win of 2018. Aubameyang was Wenger’s last signing, quite fitting that Auba scored the last goal of the Wenger era. Auba’s the fastest Arsenal player to reach 10 PL goals. Only took him 13 games. Next season he will be among the contenders for the golden boot.

Best of luck to Mertesacker on his new role. He didn’t play today but now he’s retiring. Glad he received a great send off at home against Burnley.
    It’ll feel strange having a new manager after 22 years. Thanks for the memories Arsene Wenger, wishing you all the best in the future. Arsenal have had a terrible season, major rebuilding needed for the squad. Really looking forward to a new era. Hope they announce the new manager soon.

Congrats to Man City, 100 points. That is an incredible achievement.

Liverpool secure top 4. Salah finished top scorer, his 32nd goal of the season. The most by a player in a 38 game season. Really hope he scores in the CL final.

Stoke end their miserable season with a win against Swansea. WBA finish bottom of the league, their first defeat under Darren Moore. Out of the three relegated clubs, early to say but I think WBA are likely to come back up at the first attempt. Stoke will probably do well,expecting them to finish in the top 6. Swansea may struggle.

I predicted Newcastle to go down at the start of the season. Great achievement for Newcastle to finish in the top 10. Palace have also had a very good season, finished 11th in the league. Roy Hodgson has done a remarkable job.

Status

Really shocked at how poor Chelsea were. They were a side that clearly DID NOT give a fuck. They played poorly right from the go, too, not just after Liverpool went up. Think the squad just flat out gave up on their manager. Again.

Tickled that Arsenal got the win. The points don't matter so much, but our first away win of the season in the league, so yeah, good to see. And Wenger going out with a win instead of draw or loss is nice. Have to say that Auba has been more than I had hoped for and I feel bad for dismissing him as a desperation buy who wouldn't fit. Seems like he is less of a "system striker" that just happened to be accommodated in the way that Dortmunt play than many people thought - myself included.

Intercontinental Champion

Status
      Country                    Wales

Before we say the Chelsea players have given up on Conte...let's see how they play next weekend first.
    I have a plan so cunning......

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Baldrick View Post
    Before we say the Chelsea players have given up on Conte...let's see how they play next weekend first.
    Not sure how much that will tell us. I mean, its a cup final. If the players can't make the effort to perform when there is a trophy on the line....

Thread Information