Page 31 of 41 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 ... LastLast

Thread: Premier League 2017/18 Discussion Thread

The EST of WC

Status
      Country                    Jamaica

Re: Premier League 2017/18 Discussion Thread

Spurs/Arsenal was a game of who can fuck up the most amount of chances. Criminal that Spurs let so many slip through their fingers but Lacazette missing two chances late on and not making Spurs pay for those misses was just as criminal.

Arsenal need to hope Pool, Chelsea & Man U slip up this weekend.

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Order View Post
    Would have been robbery had Lacazette scored at the end there. Tottenham should have been 3-0 up at least. Wenger at this point is a joke on every level.
    Been banging that drum for awhile. But still get told, along with other Gooners, that wanting the manager gone is disloyal and we are shit fans because of it. We are comical if we scream it, and we are lacking in ambition if we don't. Supporting this club is really unfun at times. Reminding yourself that it could be worse and we could be relegated or in League Two.... trying to maintain that perspective doesn't make the continual cycle of Wengering any less annoying. Its very clearly a decline, and adding more attacking talent is papering over the problems that have existed for years now. But nothing will change because Wenger won't leave on his own and the board doesn't have the balls to push him.

Watford following up the big Chelsea win by... laying down to West Ham. This league confuses me some weeks.

Rusev Day Smod

Status
      Country                    England

It's getting to the point as a United fan I just want Wenger to stay at Arsenal for as long as possible as it means they are no threat to us whatsoever.

The only thing we will find out when he goes is whether it was him or the board controlling transfer spending.
    Twitter: @LukeGardener82 | Former BTB Overlord
    Order reviews WWE Pay Per Views

BTB Achievements
    WWE: The New Vision

Spoiler:

Brick Shithouse

Status

What a fucking performance and what a win. Whole team played like warriors, best performance I've seen from us in ages.

YES! YES! YES!

Status

Every fucker can win except us.

Internet Favorite

Status
      Country                    Wales

Thoroughly deserved win for Newcastle. Not sure what the hell Pogba was playing at today...same for Jose...those subs made no real sense. Man City will wrap up the title soon haha 16 points clear now.

Newcastles on loan Keeper looks decent...wonder if he'll continue to play like that or will it just be a one off.....
    I have a plan so cunning......

Rusev Day Smod

Status

Didn't watch the game but bloody hell the bottom of the table is insane this year!

BTB Achievements

Spoiler:

But Who's Buying?
    Cumine the Trine!

Status

Toon played well all round, but in particular the new keeper, Jonjo and Lascelles I thought.

We still had plenty of chances, dunno why Sanchez doesn't shoot for his open goal quicker but over all we were pretty poor. Never seems to be any real urgency, even when we're losing fs. Pogba looked poor but again he's being played in a role which doesn't really bring the best out of him plus half the time it looked like he was carrying a knock.

I honestly don't think Jose knows how to get the best out of this team.

And he scores goals...!

Status

Sturridge. 3 minutes. Injury.

YES! YES! YES!

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Big Papa View Post
    Sturridge. 3 minutes. Injury.

He's proving to be a meme.

We have all the hallmarks of a relegated team. Injuries to key players, missing sitters for fun, can't defend, sacking managers, absolutely no luck (oh here you go Moses here's a deflection off Dawson's heel to set you up for 2-0), everyone around us winning games they shouldn't be because big teams aren't turning up. Albion need to turn into Man City now to survive, so we're fucked, and Villa and Wolves are coming up so fuck football right now.

Internet Favorite

Status

West Brom's Jonny Evans, Gareth Barry, Jake Livermore and Boaz Myhill have apologised for an incident in which they allegedly stole a taxi outside a fast-food restaurant in Barcelona on Thursday.
    Love to know your reaction Ed haha!

YES! YES! YES!

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Baldrick View Post
    Love to know your reaction Ed haha!
    1. The team 20th in the league should not be rewarded with a training holiday abroad. It's not like we're in the middle of 2 weeks off either, we played Monday evening and have the FA Cup game tomorrow. If I was shit at my job I wouldn't be treated to a weekend away on my company's budget.

2. This season was shambolic enough without our players making a stir overseas and giving us even more embarrassing headlines to deal with. We've been relegated from the premier league 3 times in the last 16 years, but we've at least gone down with our dignity and class as a football club. These tools are turning us into a laughing stock.

3. I cannot believe the 4 players involved include the club captain (Evans), the man with more premier league appearances than anyone else (Barry) and a 35 year old goalkeeper. Evans and Barry especially should be locker room leaders and setting the example for everyone else in the squad. Instead, they've shown zero respect for Pardew by ignoring his curfew. I'd get rid of all 4 of them in the summer, but most of them probably will do anyway due to our inevitable relegation.

4. Anyone who goes to one of the greatest cities in the world (Barcelona) and chooses to dine at McDonalds is an idiot.

Internet Favorite

Status

Not to mention they could have bought a taxi if they wanted to haha.

Brick Shithouse

Status

WBA doing their best impression of Newcastle United this season.

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Baldrick View Post
    Not to mention they could have bought a taxi if they wanted to haha.
    They did, I thought? Just fucked off without the owner later hahaha

I thought this would have been a bunch of younger players but deary me.

Cant say shit when Paul Slane and Anthony Stokes exist.

~~ WE ARE ALL ONE~~
    Spoiler:

YES! YES! YES!

Status

Liverpool have the fab four, we have the cab four.

Rusev Day Smod

Status

Bet Jonny Evans wished he’d moved to Arsenal now.

BTB Achievements

Spoiler:

The EST of WC

Status

Good old british "Banter"

What a stupid situation for all of them to find themselves in. Especially when you consider its not just a bunch of academy boys but the big star names in the squad who should be setting an example for those below them.

YES! YES! YES!

Status

If we can't win today, then bye-bye Premier League. I fully expect this team of bottle jobs to fuck up again today.

YES! YES! YES!

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post
    If we can't win today, then bye-bye Premier League. I fully expect this team of bottle jobs to fuck up again today.
    fucking bottle jobs.

Whether it's this week or in May, Pardew is toast at the club. The results are bad enough but that could of been forgiven given the position he took over in and up to a few weeks ago if we were in the Championship I'd of still wanted the club to give him next season and his own team to see what he could do. But fuck that. I've lost all respect for him after this Barcelona incident and his reaction to it which was the nail in his coffin, not yesterday's result. He stripped Evans of the captaincy but still played Evans and Barry anyway in the cup - and both were horrendous in the defeat to Southampton. One week on he gives the captaincy back to Evans and plays both Evans and Barry again yesterday, and both have abysmal games again. Sam Field who EVERY fan wants to see in the team, in the middle of the park over Barry because he's a local lad from the youth team who does great every time he plays can't even make the bench because Pardew has got his favourites and has to play the old pros and not even dragging the clubs name through the dirt with a scandal abroad where they disrespected HIS authority and HIS curfew makes him think they should be dropped for even one game. And then we turn up to the must win of all must wins yesterday only to find that Chris Brunt, our most creative player, a man with more assists than Eden Hazard over the last few years, a man who has been here for 11 years and never let us down, the real fucking captain of the club is bizarrely dropped for the game.

And what happens, we have 60 minutes where we show no creativity and he's forced to bring him on because we were chanting for it all first half. He brings on Brunt, and a Brunt corner gets us back in the game and he almost scores off a free kick. How can everyone in the ground see Brunt should of played and this clueless cockney wanker waits until we're 2-0 down to turn to him. It speaks of a bigger problem with the club's recruitment that we're still relying on Brunt 11 years after we signed him and missing Morrison in the middle of the park who has been injured all season, also 11 years years after we signed him.

Shock and Nash were right fuck Pardew.

This is the worst albion team I've seen since the 90s. In previous years when we've gone down, they at least had some fight about them to make up for the fact they weren't as talented as the other teams and this year we're going down with a fucking wimper. player for player we are not the 20th worst side in the league, but they've got no desire to prove it and lack the mental strength to pull out of a tough situation and fight. This is one of the worst bottom halves of the premier league in some time as far as quality goes AND WE'RE FUCKING SEVEN POINTS AWAY FROM 17th. How shit do you have to be to be that far adrift of other horrible teams in the league? Huddersfield have done the double over us. We're a downright embarrassment. I can count on one hand the players I'd keep for next season in the premier league because I'm so sick of these pathetic cunts.

Thread Information