Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: WWE Monday Night Raw Live Discussion Thread - August 7th, 2017

Cheese!

Status

Re: WWE Monday Night Raw Live Discussion Thread - August 7th, 2017

Quote Originally Posted by Powerful Sayer View Post
    Have you heard the reactions Rollins and Ambrose have been getting lately?
    Nah, I don't bother watching them. Rollins has bored me to sleep for the past three years and Ambrose has been borderline unwatchable all year. The Shield are just three mediocre talents pushed to the moon.

And their reactions are irrelevant to me, others can like them and that's fine but they don't entertain me even remotely. All I can do is praise what entertains me personally and lament all the garbage that bores me personally.

Thanks to Jabberwocky for the amazing Gabrielle gif

Heel Champion

Status

That's fine but chastising WWE for pushing what's been getting the most reaction by far lately makes you look stupid, really.

Cheese!

Status

That's fine but chastising WWE for pushing what's been getting the most reaction by far lately makes you look stupid, really.
    Fans have been pretty indifferent this year to both guys until this storyline. Its not a case of "ZOMG these guys are so over so we have to keep pushing them" its more "these are our chosen ones we have to keep endlessly pushing them". Meanwhile guys like Miz get over for a bit then their popularity/overness dies in the ass once its clear they're going nowhere.

So up yours idiot.

Thanks to Jabberwocky for the amazing Gabrielle gif

"Fook Your VIP"

Status
      Country                    Ireland

Toronto booed Bayley.

Ladies and gentlemen if you ever needed proof that WWE has no idea how to book likeable Babyfaces remember that eight months ago Bayley was arguably the most popular and likeable Woman's wrestler produced by the WWE since the days of Trish and Lita......

....And now the crowd is booing her.

That's almost impressive.

Scumbag Role Model

Status
    Living in Norfolk, VA. Born in Boston, Mass.
      Country                    United States

I wouldn't put too much stock into Bayley getting booed because they were in Toronto and they're usually BIZARRO WORLD MAGGLE. Bayley still gets pops even if her character was completely destroyed. She just went into a hot, well known smart crowd. She's honestly been booked way better this last month. She'll recover and fans will cheer her when she returns.

but also she does suck. That promo sucked and she shouldn't have addressed the crowd the way she did. What a dumb fuck.
    Last edited by Darling Nicky; 08-08-2017 at 07:48 AM.
    -------
    [07:37 PM] Shake: I am obsessed with Nicky its true
    -------
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiZ-R View Post
    What the fuck is happening to you guys? I once got a blowjob where she used her teeth a little bit too much and I ended up with a bloody dick, I still enjoyed the blowjob up to the point I started bleeding. I can honestly say that I have never had anything I would call a bad blowjob, that wasn't a great experience but up until I started gushing blood I was having a great time!

Olympic Hero Smod

Status
      Country                    England

It really is remarkable how much better RAW is than SmackDown right now. Thought this week's show was another good one. I like The Miz but I think upper mid card is his level especially with who they have on the SummerSlam main event. Thought the opening segment with Lesnar was great in establishing him as still being the Beast.

Main event was great and I really could watch Braun and Reigns go at it all the time. They just have great chemistry and that chair throw from Braun is one of my favourite moments of the year. It was like a rocket Joe was always getting involved so that was what it was.

The thing I'm most enjoying and I think Ed has mentioned it in recent weeks is Seth and Dean and their interactions. When Ambrose put his fist put the place nearly exploded but I'm glad Seth rejected it and they're holding off. When they eventually do it at SummerSlam Brooklyn will go nuts. Also anticipate a match with Sheamus and Cesaro will be bloody good.

On Bayley I think it is a blessing she is injured anyway because it made no sense giving her the shot after the finish with Sasha at GBOF. Banks vs. Bliss was the match to go with so hopefully that is what they do next week. Shout out to Emma who I thought looked really good. Why they don't put her in the elite group of three so they have four I don't understand.

Not into Cass/Big Show at all and anything Bray does I don't care for but as long as Finn goes over clean I'm fine with it. SummerSlam build going very well on RAW I would say and I'll definitely be staying up for it.

Scumbag Role Model

Status

Raw has really strong stuff in The Shield/The Bar and the main event scene but there's some glaring issues on the show. The Divas feel very one note, the Cass/Enzo stuff has sucked and sucked and sucked, and they're really setting up Jason Jordan to fail.

But hey Bayley getting booed RULES
    -------
    -------
    What the fuck is happening to you guys? I once got a blowjob where she used her teeth a little bit too much and I ended up with a bloody dick, I still enjoyed the blowjob up to the point I started bleeding. I can honestly say that I have never had anything I would call a bad blowjob, that wasn't a great experience but up until I started gushing blood I was having a great time!

Pony Mod

Status
      Country                    Australia

Sharing this here because I know one of you darlings are going to use it as a signature for at least a month. Enjoy Braun force-feeding Roman an office chair.

GIMMIE A FUCKIN MIC

Status

Quote Originally Posted by An Original Name View Post
    Toronto booed Bayley.

Ladies and gentlemen if you ever needed proof that WWE has no idea how to book likeable Babyfaces remember that eight months ago Bayley was arguably the most popular and likeable Woman's wrestler produced by the WWE since the days of Trish and Lita......

....And now the crowd is booing her.

That's almost impressive.
    Hahahaha. I gotta watch this segment now. I wanna say I'm surprised, but not at all considering she's been booked like utter shit for 95% of her main roster run. Like Nicky said, it is Toronto but still. That's incredible.

edit - LOL, just watched it and that's amazing. Honestly, I didn't even hear too many boos until she brought it up. There were some scattered noises and then all of a sudden Bayley mentions booing. Like, wtf? That is pretty fucking dumb. Of course they're going to boo now.
    Last edited by PeepShow; 08-08-2017 at 11:04 AM.

"Would you fuck me? I'd fuck me..."

-----------------

Quote Originally Posted by Corey Graves
    "Stop talking to me. I’m trying to watch Sasha Banks right now."

"I like my women how I like my pizza; Cold."

Status

The Bayley thing, as a whole, its just sad.

Curtain Jerker

Status

Strowman/Reigns was really fucking good . Feud of the year so far in WWE

Heel Champion

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by ETE View Post
    Fans have been pretty indifferent this year to both guys until this storyline. Its not a case of "ZOMG these guys are so over so we have to keep pushing them" its more "these are our chosen ones we have to keep endlessly pushing them". Meanwhile guys like Miz get over for a bit then their popularity/overness dies in the ass once its clear they're going nowhere.

So up yours idiot.
    How are they being pushed? They've both been depushed to the tag division! Secondly, Ambrose and Rollins overness has never been in question, but I guess if I really want to know about Dean and Seth, I'll ask the guy who "hasn't been watching them" since he would obviously be the expert.

As for Miz, he's still incredibly over. He has a role, that people live him in and he does it well. He doesn't need to be dominant to be good. He doesn't need to be taken seriously. What he's doing now is what he's always been best at and yes, he has been booked fairly strong as champ. Dean can't beat him, Miztourage has taken out the Shield and was booked to hang with them. Getting duplexes by Jason Jordan and F5'd by the most dominant man in the company dies not change that.
    Last edited by Fuji Vice; 08-08-2017 at 02:54 PM.

I'm Alive. That's All.

Status
      Country                    England

Yeah lads I am ALL IN on the Ambrose/Rollins stuff. It's the best angle they've done in years, it's been handled really well because they haven't just rushed into everything's ok now like they do when old tag teams reform, you can tell that Dean's still cut up about the betrayal 3 years on and that's a level of consequence and continuity that you don't get always get with this company. It's been an emotional rollercoaster of can they trust each other again. When Rollins wouldn't accept the olive branch fist bump this week I wanted to punch that dickhead. When they finally do it at Summerslam it's gonna be huge. Babyface Seth Rollins, they might finally be getting it right!

As for Shield Vs The Miz. Lets not forget Miz is in his late 30s and over 10 years into his WWE career, he's a terrific midcarder for them, but they know that he's not gonna be a main eventer for them. As good as he was last year on Smackdown, once the Spirit Squad came out after he lost at No Mercy, that was a big signal for me that this guy is always gonna at the celing of midcard star/puts over the guys with main event futures. That's Ambrose and Rollins; like it or not they are in their early 30s and have more upside to offer WWE at this point in their careers as future world champions again.

Strowman Vs Reigns was very good again, not only is it WWE's feud of the year, I think they're in 3 of my favourite 5 WWE main roster matches this year so they're the ones bringing the goods more than anyone else in that company. Seriously this has been probably WWE's worst year for match quality since 2010. I don't want to slaughter them because in some respects they've really improved, Raw's the most watchable it's been Daniel Bryan and The Shield were regulars in 2013 because they're telling some good stories and the show feels like it's building to something week-to-week. but for the level of talent they've got on their roster, where are the high end MOTYC this year? It's been an amazing year for great matches and WWE haven't shown up to the party yet.

Moon Vulcan S-Mod

Status

Totally agree with Peepshow in regards to the Bayley segment. That was her fault for bringing it up in the first place and essentially burying herself. Though like with Jason Jordan on Miz TV when they brought it up it says something when they script their babyface characters like that. Of course they're going to get booed after that. This one really went off the rails though. I wish she would bring back her Steve Blackman tribute gimmick she had on UpUpDownDown instead of what they're doing.

There's ups and downs but definitely a better show than SD right now. Thanks in large part to the great work of the main event scene and those 4 (3 really but Brock was booked well).

As far as Rollins/Dean I think it is an absolutely tremendously booked feud thus far and this past week had a really unexpected twist to me with Seth walking out on Dean and turning the tables. Usually in WWE they would have already resolved everything and Raw specifically has done a much better job than usual of having layers to their storytelling dating back to Kurt's There is a problem though where I can see where ETE is coming from and that is at the end of the day these guys are who they are and eventually they have to wrestle and do stuff that they aren't very good at. That's my main issue with this is that I wish it was better guys.

I feel like Jordan for sure has to be setting up a heel turn. Him conning Kurt with the help of Graves could lead to some pretty fun stuff but it seems they're just gonna book him terribly and watch him die. He's pretty good as a wrestler. Too bad. Should have made HoHo Lun Kurt's son instead of releasing him instead.
    Shoot Shoot Punch Punch Kick Break Your Limbs And Your Face

The soul of Billy Robinson lives on~

Follow me on Twitter - @DylanZeroSky

And check out my podcasts! Every week from the MLW Radio Network (Though I'm not affliated with Jim Cornette personally)

Eastern Lariat - Japanese Wrestling (w/Cagematch.net Boss STRIGGA)

Lucha Talk - Méxican Wrestling (w/LuchaWorld Boss Fredo Esparza & Spanish Translator LIGER FEVER)

Heel Champion

Status

Dean and Seth aren't good at wrestling? The fuck?

Moon Vulcan S-Mod

Status

Dean and Seth aren't good at wrestling? The fuck?
    Dean has his momenta but has more bad than good to his name. Seth's completely awful.

And check out my podcasts! Every week from the MLW Radio Network (Though I'm not affliated with Jim Cornette personally)

Lucha Talk - Méxican Wrestling (w/LuchaWorld Boss Fredo Esparza & Spanish Translator LIGER FEVER)

Scumbag Role Model

Status

Seth has heatless, long, pointless matches that all feel like a blur or easy to call. He rarely does anything to get you invested. You can tell Dean tries but he goes so over the top he can easily bring you out of a match.

I did enjoy Cesaro/Dean from this past week.
    -------
    -------

Moon Vulcan S-Mod

Status

Agreed with you on both points. Dean/Cesaro had a really strong match together, love seeing The Bar get these long matches on Raw. Helps bridge the gaps on these long Raws.

Thread Information