Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Fight Night August 11th Promo Discussion Thread

Backyarder

Status
      Country                    United States

Re: Fight Night August 11th Promo Discussion Thread

I just think it's funny how as soon as Shake said something because 3-4 people used Katie, the first two RPs decide to use Amy lol.

------------------------

Squash Fodder

Status

Quote Originally Posted by ONAMStar View Post
    I just think it's funny how as soon as Shake said something because 3-4 people used Katie, the first two RPs decide to use Amy lol.
    Again, if you read mine, I was gonna use Katie for that reason lol.

The Rightful Mod

Status

Hanz Gruber- I like the name. Pretty impressive promo. You remind me of myself when I was much younger in e-feds and this is how you can use interviewers like Amy Duke and Katie Goldsmith. You make fun of them, bully them etc. nice touch noting they are quite interchangeable since I have no idea about the difference between the two.

Zako/La Muerta Blanca- I like the character concept with the actual wrestler does not talk at all and the manager does all the speaking for him. This is how you build a monster. Nice backstory and this is not how you use the interviewer. Do not kill Amy Duke in your promo, not cool. You can beat up random people on the street, but never beat up members of the FWA staff.

Tacos Rule!

Status

Quote Originally Posted by ONAMStar View Post
    Lol, yeah I was not gonna even use any interviewer until I thought of having Hanz do a press conference- but not actually writing out a press conference. I wanted the interviewer to show up late, miss the whole thing and not have the best of question. And looking at the discriptions of interviewers Amy was the one to use as she was ditzy. And yes, I had him be a little more of a pick as he was annoyed

Heel Champion

Status

I think though, next week I would like to see how Hanz promos when he doesnt have that interviewer by his side. I worry that they're sort of becoming a crutch for you, so I'm dying for you to prove me wrong

Tacos Rule!

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfs Rain View Post
    Hanz Gruber- I like the name. Pretty impressive promo. You remind me of myself when I was much younger in e-feds and this is how you can use interviewers like Amy Duke and Katie Goldsmith. You make fun of them, bully them etc. nice touch noting they are quite interchangeable since I have no idea about the difference between the two.

Zako/La Muerta Blanca- I like the character concept with the actual wrestler does not talk at all and the manager does all the speaking for him. This is how you build a monster. Nice backstory and this is not how you use the interviewer. Do not kill Amy Duke in your promo, not cool. You can beat up random people on the street, but never beat up members of the FWA staff.
    Thank man, yeah I am still getting use to how things are here as I have efedded for a few years but the way we did it was way different, we would do promos back and forth. But really I like this way better. I don't have to wait on someone else and the better promo wins. As for using an interviewer, I don't plan on using one all the time, and did not plan on using one this time unhil I thought of how I would do the setting. And I wanted to show another side of the character- with Katie I had him be pretty nice as I never had her asking him stupid questions- I had her come prepared. With Amy, I read that she was ditzy and flirty so that's how I used her- I had her actually annoy him a bit- but I dint want her doing a lot of talking.

I will read yours and Cyrus 's promos when my wife and I fly home-or while waiting to board, and try to critique them too. Thanks for the critique btw.

Tacos Rule!

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Powerful Sayer View Post
    I think though, next week I would like to see how Hanz promos when he doesnt have that interviewer by his side. I worry that they're sort of becoming a crutch for you, so I'm dying for you to prove me wrong
    Challenge accepted. Yeah, I had planned on doing that going forward for most of my promos.

Squash Fodder

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfs Rain View Post

Thanks much there cat daddy, uh , wolf daddy, but yeah I tried to kind of have that come as a developmental thing of "You DON'T ask Miss De La Muerta her name.", So I hope it didn't seem just random and and just because lol.

Squash Fodder

Status

Oh, there's an extra piece of hidden gem in the promo btw. Something, is derived from a Spanish word.

Squash Fodder

Status

I don't mean to not review or speak on anything btw, been working all weekend, I'll get around later tonight.

Tacos Rule!

Status

Quote Originally Posted by 1000Deaths View Post
    I don't mean to not review or speak on anything btw, been working all weekend, I'll get around later tonight.
    The weekend just started dude. Don't forget, I now where you live, not far from me, when I am home

Mankind's Boiler Room

Status

Quote Originally Posted by hanz gruber View Post
    The weekend just started dude. Don't forget, I now where you live, not far from me, when I am home
    Well we do know who he is

Squash Fodder

Status

Quote Originally Posted by hanz gruber View Post
    It's Sunday and I've been busy since Friday lol. What does knowing where I live have to do with it? Lol

Squash Fodder

Status

Quote Originally Posted by OMBGraves View Post
    Well we do know who he is
    What does that have to do with anything and I guarantee you're no one I've ever encountered anywhere lol.

Status
      Country                    Jamaica

I'm lost
    ----

----

IMPORTANT MESSAGE

Spoiler:

~~HAVE A NICE DAY~~
    Spoiler:

Mid-Card Champion

Status
      Country                    Wales

Quote Originally Posted by RyuShake Taguchi View Post
    I'm lost
    Us former Ewrestling news folks know 1000Deaths from there, he was there with us under a different username. Not sure why he's denying he knows us.

Tacos Rule!

Status

Same time zone Death, one state over.

Anyways more critiques

Wolf- man, I loved your promo. You don't give a crap. You know you are good- talking about your character(well you are really good creatively). And you addressed your opponent very well, even bringing up the fact he had set up one of his last promos in a zoo.

Truth- really hard critiquing yours as I have not seen one bad one from you in my short time here- you are just consistently good.

Squash Fodder

Status

Yeah so am I.

Squash Fodder

Status

If you supposedly know me why would you never even attempt to acknowledge or mention it? Lol

Status
      Country                    Jamaica

Im pretty sure they do know you if it's three of them speaking up at once. It's not like it matters.
    ----

----

IMPORTANT MESSAGE

Spoiler:

~~HAVE A NICE DAY~~
    Spoiler:

Thread Information