Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: WWE Monday Night Raw Live Discussion Thread - July 17th, 2017

Scumbag Role Model

Status
    Living in Norfolk, VA. Born in Boston, Mass.
    ="text-align:left">   Country                    United States

Re: WWE Monday Night Raw Live Discussion Thread - July 17th, 2017

Last edited by Darling Nicky; 07-18-2017 at 08:16 AM.
    -------
    [07:37 PM] Shake: I am obsessed with Nicky its true
    -------
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiZ-R View Post
    What the fuck is happening to you guys? I once got a blowjob where she used her teeth a little bit too much and I ended up with a bloody dick, I still enjoyed the blowjob up to the point I started bleeding. I can honestly say that I have never had anything I would call a bad blowjob, that wasn't a great experience but up until I started gushing blood I was having a great time!

BRAAAAAAUN!

Status

Its fitting that the Jordan/Angle stuff and the Braun/Joe/Reigns stuff was on the same show. That Joe v Romam match was good, and the Braun appearance and brawl was great. A much needed reminder that occasionally WWE can get things right and actually book something entertaining and fun. But the Angle stuff is a reminder that its still WWE, and still 99% absolute unwatchable garbage not fit for human eyes.

Thanks to Jabberwocky for the amazing Gabrielle gif

Indy Talent

Status
      Country                    Wales

I'm not sure what to make of the biggest news from the show; the Angle/Jordan stuff. On on hand, why has WWE split up yet another very popular tag team? While it's true (it's damn true) that American Alpha haven't had the best of times on the main roster it wouldn't have taken much to build them back up as contenders on Smackdown.

On the other hand, this is surely a big clue that WWE has some big plans in store for Jason Jordan. I've always been a fan, and while I'm of the opinion that Gable is the real star of their tag team, Jordan has tremendous upside in his own right. I'm looking forward to see how he swims on Raw.
    Chad Gable it seems convinced WWE that he can very much float on his own with his outing against AJ Styles. I think he's perfect as a singles star on Smackdown, there's plenty of potential for him to do a lot of great things there.

Last Real Man Hype

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy Thunder View Post

On the other hand, this is surely a big clue that WWE has some big plans in store for Jason Jordan.
    Years of WWE logic against you there. Chances are Vince gave them an idea that they're forced to run with and once they're out of ideas or sense the storyline's not getting over, they'll just spin it like they were giving Jordan a chance to swim but he sank.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakstang
    You can't have a reasonable discussion about serious topics with people like Marketh around.

Indy Talent

Status
      Country                    Wales

Quote Originally Posted by Marketh View Post
    Years of WWE logic against you there. Chances are Vince gave them an idea that they're forced to run with and once they're out of ideas or sense the storyline's not getting over, they'll just spin it like they were giving Jordan a chance to swim but he sank.
    True enough, though recently those that have been given big opportunities in WWE they've backed them up; AJ Styles, Braun Strowman, Samoa Joe, even Jinder Mahal. While it may not mean anything long term, it's certainly an indicaiton that Jodan's going to be pushed int he immediate future.
    I'll agree that this is likely Vince's sole idea, it's got his name written all over it, but I don't think that this is necessarily an idea that most will be running with unwillingly. Jordan is a great talent that I think several backstage would have wanted to see pushed anyway. It's just a bit of a shame that they've used a pretty stupid device to kick start said push.

SIX F'N STARS

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Marketh View Post
    Exactly this. Very real possibility of getting Drew McIntyre #2.

I have nothing to add that hasn't already been said better about the whole thing. Just wow.

"Fook Your VIP"

Status
      Country                    Ireland

[Blank Space]

Status

The main thing that bothers me about this angle is the nuttiness of it all. In a time post "Reality-era" as WWE like to call it, wouldn't have been easier to have just had a backstage segment where a trade is confirmed & Kurt takes Jordan under his wing? WWE knows it's fans are smart, angles like this seem increasingly "antiquated" nowadays.

WUBBA LUBBA DUB DUB

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Postman Dave View Post
    The main thing that bothers me about this angle is the nuttiness of it all. In a time post "Reality-era" as WWE like to call it, wouldn't have been easier to have just had a backstage segment where a trade is confirmed & Kurt takes Jordan under his wing? WWE knows it's fans are smart, angles like this seem increasingly "antiquated" nowadays.
    It's still real to them, dammit!!

I mean, sure, the #AngleAngle has been shit since it started and maybe I'm just a total sucker but I can't help but be optimistic about the fact that this gives Jordan a chance to make something out of it.

Mostly I'm just pissed that WWE decided to split up Alpha. They could still have done this angle if they wanted and just transfer both guys over to fued with Anderson and Gallows while the Hardys work Revival and Shesaro twiddle their thumbs because there's only Heath and Rhyno left to play with in the tag division since Vince got too excited about Big Cass and shot his load all over that team, who were always greater than the sum of their parts anyway and are now gonna have to work out how to stay over without each other.

We all know Vince doesn't see money in the tag team division (unless you're the New Day) but fuck me can we at least have enough tag teams to have some half decent feuds? The Good Brothers are seemingly still interested in the Hardys, who must surely be working a program with the Revival now (right?) so seriously, who do the RAW tag team champions face at SummerSlam? Alpha could've solved that issue by having them handed a shot by an over eager Papa Angle trying to make up for years of not being there for his son. It writes itself guys. This isn't fucking hard.

Shit Into The Fire

Status
      Country                    England

RaiZ - I would put money on The Bar Vs The Hardyz Vs The Club Vs The Revival because it's Summerslam and they'll try to cram as many people onto the show as possible.

WUBBA LUBBA DUB DUB

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post
    RaiZ - I would put money on The Bar Vs The Hardyz Vs The Club Vs The Revival because it's Summerslam and they'll try to cram as many people onto the show as possible.
    RAW seems to be setting up four-ways across the board to be honest. The tag division looks like it (as you pointed out) the women's division looks like Bliss/Banks/Jax/Bayley is coming and the Universal title match really is looking a lot like Brock vs. Joe vs. Braun vs. Roman.

I would laugh if every RAW match on the SummerSlam card is a four-way.

BRAAAAAAUN!

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Tiny RaiZ View Post
    RAW seems to be setting up four-ways across the board to be honest. The tag division looks like it (as you pointed out) the women's division looks like Bliss/Banks/Jax/Bayley is coming and the Universal title match really is looking a lot like Brock vs. Joe vs. Braun vs. Roman.

I would laugh if every RAW match on the SummerSlam card is a four-way.
    And the IC Title seems sure to be Miz/Ambrose/Rollins. Summerslam is a lot like WM is where they just try and get everyone on the card.

Thanks to Jabberwocky for the amazing Gabrielle gif

Thread Information