Thread: Battleground 2017 - Tamina vs. Natalya vs. Charlotte Flair vs. Lana vs. Becky Lynch

Olympic Hero Smod

Status
    ="text-align:left">   Country                    England

Battleground Battleground 2017 - Tamina vs. Natalya vs. Charlotte Flair vs. Lana vs. Becky Lynch

Quote Originally Posted by WWE.com
    As the Women’s Evolution carries on, history is seemingly made on a weekly basis. At WWE Battleground, yet another bit of history will be etched. Five of the top Superstars in the SmackDown LIVE Women’s division will square off in a Five-Way Elimination Match, with the winner going on to SummerSlam to challenge Naomi in the first-ever SmackDown Women’s Title Match in SummerSlam history.

Following the Women’s Money in the Bank Ladder Match(es) and Naomi overcoming Lana in a series of title contests, matters in the division needed to be reset. With so much talent surging and SummerSlam on the horizon, SmackDown LIVE management decided that the fairest way to determine a new No. 1 contender would be to put five of the roster’s best on the Battleground (literally) and see who prevailed.

Will Charlotte’s Flair big-match pedigree pay dividends as she continues her quest to become the first Superstar in history to hold the Divas Championship as well as both the Raw and SmackDown Women’s Titles? Or will Becky Lynch or Natalya be able to use their years of experience as to elevate themselves toward SummerSlam glory? And will the seemingly brewing alliance between Tamina and Lana play a factor in the contest?

Find out at WWE Battleground, streaming live on the award-winning WWE Network on Sunday, July 23, at 8 ET/5 PT.
    Last edited by Order; Today at 06:33 AM.

WUBBA LUBBA DUB DUB

Status

Re: Battleground 2017 - Tamina vs. Natalya vs. Charlotte Flair vs. Lana vs. Becky Lyn

They couldn't do this on SmackDown and actually give Naomi something to do at the pay-per-view?

Mid-Card Champion

Status
      Country                    Wales

Re: Battleground 2017 - Tamina vs. Natalya vs. Charlotte Flair vs. Lana vs. Becky Lyn

More lazy booking...you leave out Miss MITB and put Lana in...and you leave off Naomi...so unless Carmella is cashing in on Naomi at this event or before the event it's a waste.
    I have a plan so cunning......

Fearless Nikki

Status

Calling it - Natalya winning and at Summerslam SD will have 2 female matches.

Naomi v Natalya - Women's title
    Charlotte & Becky v Tamina & Lana

though I want Tamina to win so much!

N i k k i B e l l a

Tranquilo!

Status
      Country                    Jamaica

Christ the SD women's division truly is horrific isn't it .

So does this mean Namomi is legit not doing anything on the show? There isn't much point in her facing Carmella so yeah.

WUBBA LUBBA DUB DUB

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbit View Post
    Calling it - Natalya winning and at Summerslam SD will have 2 female matches.

Naomi v Natalya - Women's title
    Charlotte & Becky v Tamina & Lana

though I want Tamina to win so much!
    They could've happily done this match on a SmackDown and booked both those matches for BattleGround. I feel like Charlotte wins this though, they've teased her vs. Naomi for so long and keep getting us right up to it and then stopping for whatever reason. Charlotte vs. Naomi feels like a SummerSlam match. Natalya vs. Naomi feels like a SmackDown Live match.

|Hustle|Loyalty|Respect|

Status

This booking really messes up Naomi's title run. She hasn't really defended the title against anyone besides Lana.

I really wanted Naomi to have a match at Battleground.

The Dude Abides

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Tiny RaiZ View Post
    They couldn't do this on SmackDown and actually give Naomi something to do at the pay-per-view?
    This was my first thought too. It would have made waaay more sense to have that match on SD and set up the title match for Battleground. How are you not going to have your womens championship defended on the PPV?

I don't think it does much justice to the champion to be left off the card, or for the womens MITB winner to be basically out of sight and out of mind either.

It would seem to me Charlotte has to be the favorite but I'm not 100 on that after the loss on SD. Obviously Natalya has received a lot of the screen time, shes kinda been the face of the womens heel group so to speak, but I'm not so sure they'd be placing her in that position either. Their booking just has me confused as to what the F-word they are doing.
    Too Weird To Live, To Rare To Die

Indy Talent

Status
      Country                    Wales

Very lazy booking if you ask me. Why haven't they done this on Smackdown to give Naomi someone for her to actually defend that title against and then done some pre-show tag match or something between the others?

I agree with others though, I think Natalya will come out on top here to give her a big match at Summerslam and then we'll see Tamina and Lana vs Becky and Charlotte in another match. That'll possibly be on the pre-show.

Thread Information