Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Austin Aries has been released from WWE

On Vacation

Status

Re: Austin Aries has been released from WWE

He was being wasted in the CW Division (which in itself is stupid). He would have been an amazing midcard talent on SDL, but alas WWE is dumb. At least I got to see him have a semi-pushed feud with a good heel (Neville).

Scumbag Role Model

Status
      Country                    United States

I honestly guarantee he would have had a harder time as a Smackdown live "midcarder" than being a Cruiserweight division competitor. There's a grocery list of guys on Smackdown that have a hard time getting on TV. If they did book him out of the CW line up I don't think he would have had a hard time getting booked as a midcarder on Raw.
    -------
    [07:37 PM] Shake: I am obsessed with Nicky its true
    -------
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiZ-R View Post
    What the fuck is happening to you guys? I once got a blowjob where she used her teeth a little bit too much and I ended up with a bloody dick, I still enjoyed the blowjob up to the point I started bleeding. I can honestly say that I have never had anything I would call a bad blowjob, that wasn't a great experience but up until I started gushing blood I was having a great time!

[Blank Space]

Status
      Country                    UK

Dude came in straight off the injured list into 205 Live's WM feud, definitely got treated well whilst he was on the brand. Once you're done with the CW title feud on 205 Live though, they essentially have nothing for you. He got his 1 year WWE run, he got his WM appearance, maybe he just decided he's done he wants to do at this point in his career & said that's enough.

Who knows, but Aries has always marched to the beat of his own drum. Wouldn't be surprised to see him call it a day in the ring soon.

People's Champion

Status

Just read he was frustrated with being stuck on 205 live. He asked for his release. I got it from Rajah but they sourced PWtorch.

For A Better WC

Status
      Country                    England

The thing that makes me doubt NJPW is where he would want to go is that they would also shoe-horn him on his size and make him a Jr. Also, Not sure he'd want to put heat on his partner by doing a jump like that after she finally got her WWE deal.

People's Champion

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post
    The thing that makes me doubt NJPW is where he would want to go is that they would also shoe-horn him on his size and make him a Jr. Also, Not sure he'd want to put heat on his partner by doing a jump like that after she finally got her WWE deal.

Isn't it fucked up...that where you work would put heat on your partner because WWE are babies?

I'm guessing he goes to Impact. ROH might be an option but I doubt it.

[Blank Space]

Status
      Country                    UK

Thea's friends with The Rock, she'll be fine whatever happens.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

THE HEARTBREAK KID

Status
      Country                    Portugal

Massive shame. Personally, I felt he came in at the wrong time with NXT and then probably could have done with a slightly longer stay in NXT after the others were drafted, he would have been right in the forefront of things. Also don't agree with the notion that he was wasted in the 205 division. I think it's better to be one of the main stars and selling points in the 205 division then being another midcarder on Smackdown or Raw. After all- It's done wonders for Neville and eventually Austin would have had his turn as the Champ.

Sad to see him go, enjoyed his commentary moments and the feud with Neville was good. Have a feeling it's more then likely personal reasons and hopeful he returns down the line unless he retires.
    Last edited by Deco90; 07-08-2017 at 10:15 AM.

Tacos Rule!

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Baldrick View Post
    Bit of a shocker to read this. Maybe he is a bit disillusioned at being ringposted for 205 rather than anything else, and at his age you can understand why. I do get the feeling there's more to this release than meets the eye, but time will tell on that one.
    But you see, the thing is, Finn Balor is about the same size as Aries, so is Enzo. And really Styles isn't that much bigger than him either. Aries def should have been used better, had him mixing up with all talent

The Cult of Mayu Iwatani

Status
      Country                    Great Britain

It's a shame that he never got the chance to do something outside the cruiserweight division. He has the in ring capabilities, the mic skills, had everything (well expect size) what a talent but it's nice to know that he knows his worth and he is not happy floundering, just hope this wakes up others who are stale or doing nothing despite exceptional talent. Hope he does well where ever he goes or if he does things outside of wrestling.

WUBBA LUBBA DUB DUB

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Kairi HoHo View Post
    I can feel your reasoning for not wanting Aries in GFW, but they signed guys like Low Ki, and Sonjay Dutt and they've treated them like stars since arriving if he wanted go there he'll be welcomed there with open arms. I would say though if he went there, he warrants more money than those two if they call him up.
    If he ends up there, he ends up there... but at this point I'm done giving that company chances. They've sucked too much time out of my life in the past and I'm done with them having all the talent in the world and doing NOTHING with it. If Austin goes back and he's happy then that's great for him, but I'm not gonna watch anything he does there because it doesn't matter how good you are in the ring or on the mic if you're booked in matches that make no sense and angles that make you look idiotic.

Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post
    Yeah, the size thing does seem to present the exact same issue for him in Japan as it does in WWE, so if he's not retiring (which he certainly doesn't need to, dude can fucking go hard in the ring still) his options seem to be ROH or GFW. Unless he just wants to pick and choose his dates from now on, he could definitely make a living just touring North America and if he wants to come to Europe or got to Mexico or Japan, I'm sure there's places that would pay for him.

What about Lucha Underground? I've not watched long but it seems like he might fit in nicely on their shows.

Status
      Country                    Jamaica

If a stick like ZSJ can be heavyweight then Aries sure can be one too. Even if he doesn't exactly fit the height requirement for it. In any case, I think being a Jr in NJPW would be more exciting than being a 205er in WWE but that's just marky bias.
    ----

----

IMPORTANT MESSAGE

Spoiler:

~~HAVE A NICE DAY~~
    Spoiler:

The Cult of Mayu Iwatani

Status
      Country                    Great Britain

In agree, in the njpw junior divisions you get better matches, the crowd cares about you and you don't have silly angles like in 205 live. I'll much rather be a junior then a cruseirweight in wwe.

Curtain Jerker

Status

He supposedly has a horrible temper back stage, but that's just hearsay who knows. I did watch a video of him wanting to fight a heckler out side an areana during a ROH show, he actually met him outback lol. I think it was on YouTube

THE HEARTBREAK KID

Status
      Country                    Portugal

One thing that's a little strange was that I remember not too long ago reading an interview where he mentioned he was enjoying it and even enjoyed the commentary angle and said that he felt it was something he would move into when he finishes his career. Couple of weeks on, he's gone and I'm hearing he was not enjoying it and such- strange.

I mean he could have been saying those things to please WWE officials at the time- but Aries never struck me as someone that would do that, personally.

Status

Quote Originally Posted by steelcane View Post
    He supposedly has a horrible temper back stage, but that's just hearsay who knows. I did watch a video of him wanting to fight a heckler out side an areana during a ROH show, he actually met him outback lol. I think it was on YouTube
    That was taped for a reality show on Tru TV called All Worked Up. Rhett Titus had a similar episode and it's all just BS "Reality".

Johnny Cash Lis'nen

Status
      Country                    us=United States

Obviously he could have been more than just a cruiserweight and keeping him unheated in that dead division was a waste.

With that said, the cruiserweight division doesn't have to be a bad thing. The biggest fight in the history of the world is between two lightweights. I mean, you could have had Aries take that show and make it a big deal. It's like they don't want themselves to succeed.

Hopefully he goes to GFW, cause they have TV so I watch them.

Thread Information