Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Battleground 2017 - John Cena vs. Rusev (Flag Match)

Say My Name

Status
      Country                    England

Battleground Battleground 2017 - John Cena vs. Rusev (Flag Match)

Quote Originally Posted by WWE.com
    At WWE Battleground, John Cena will defend America’s honor when he goes to war against Rusev in a Flag Match on Sunday, July 23.

Cena made his long-awaited SmackDown LIVE return on Independence Day to celebrate the birthday of the good old red, white and blue in style. However, the 16-time World Champion was only seeing red when Rusev suddenly barged into the mix to insult the USA in front of one of the most vigilant WWE patriots and the WWE Universe.

While The Leader of the Cenation was ready to throw down right there and then, The Bulgarian Brute made it clear he would battle on his terms at WWE Battleground. Cena was more than willing to oblige, and the showdown was soon made official.

In this explosive Flag Match, the American and Bulgarian flags will be set above the turnbuckles on opposite sides of the ring and the first Superstar to retrieve their country’s flag will be the winner.

Witness this patriotic showdown when WWE Battleground streams live Sunday, July 23, at 8 ET/5 PT, on the award-winning WWE Network.
    Last edited by Order; 07-20-2017 at 06:31 AM.
    WWE: The New Vision RETURNS Sunday | Former BTB Overlord
    Order reviews WWE Pay Per Views
    | Order's Interviews

BTB Achievements
    WWE: The New Vision

Spoiler:

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status

Re: Battleground 2017 - John Cena vs. Rusev (Flag Match)

Let's go Rusev.

FKA RaiZ-R

Status

Cena heard that Orton's new gimmick was having shit gimmick matches and decided he wanted a piece of that action, I see.

Last Real Man Hype

Status

This is a test, isn't it? Anyone who chants USA or pops for Cena grabbing the American flag must be getting their name written down to be excluded from some kind of selective breeding process.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakstang
    You can't have a reasonable discussion about serious topics with people like Marketh around.

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status

Umm a flag match in 2017. Wow that's..something. I honestly have know what to say. But since this is a flag match there is a chance that Rusev will win since he doesn't have to pin Cena.

The Mayor of Slamtown

Status

Yes, because Cena is really losing a flag match in the buildup to his SS feud with Jinder or Roman.

Scumbag Role Model

Status
      Country                    United States

Quote Originally Posted by Powerful Sayer View Post
    Yes, because Cena is really losing a flag match in the buildup to his SS feud with Jinder or Roman.
    Jinder could cost Cena the flag match due to his (and every other Smackdown heel's) distain for the United States. It's not perfect booking but it's at least an idea if they were to pull the trigger on Cena versus Mahal at Summerslam.
    -------
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiZ-R View Post
    What the fuck is happening to you guys? I once got a blowjob where she used her teeth a little bit too much and I ended up with a bloody dick, I still enjoyed the blowjob up to the point I started bleeding. I can honestly say that I have never had anything I would call a bad blowjob, that wasn't a great experience but up until I started gushing blood I was having a great time!
    Spoiler:

Last Real Man Hype

Status

I can't be the only one who'd love to see a Flag Match unexpectedly turn into a gruelling, dramatic bloodbath? Two guys beating the hell out of each other, pushing themselves to the limit, swinging chairs and going through tables, simply to pull down a flag before the other guy.

You can't have a reasonable discussion about serious topics with people like Marketh around.

FKA RaiZ-R

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Darling Nicky View Post
    Jinder could cost Cena the flag match due to his (and every other Smackdown heel's) distain for the United States. It's not perfect booking but it's at least an idea if they were to pull the trigger on Cena versus Mahal at Summerslam.
    I'm really looking forward to seeing Cena lose multiple times to Mahal.

HOSS MOD

Status

Why does WWE insist on having Rusev as a heel?

I love Rusev. He is the one who sits atop the Mountain of Meat as King of HOSS Style. And I want the whole world to love him, and it wouldn't even be that hard. The man has great comedic timing and, if WWE actually tried to make him sympathetic as opposed to making him sympathetic completely by accident, he could do well as a mid-card babyface. Which is a shade better than being repeatedly emasculated.

But nope. He's a foreigner who's not from the British Isles and therefore he must be hated. I get that it's a easy sell, but easy doesn't really translate to entertaining.

Anybody who thinks Rusev's winning this clearly forgets their history. We've seen this story play out already.

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status

What is the reason to do a flag match? Has a flag match ever got a huge buyrate or buzz. Why should anyone care about the match if they aren't from the U.S. or Bulgaria? This is the reason that this match should not exist.

Crotchety Old SMOD

Status
      Country                    Canada

Quote Originally Posted by MC 16 View Post
    What is the reason to do a flag match? Has a flag match ever got a huge buyrate or buzz. Why should anyone care about the match if they aren't from the U.S. or Bulgaria? This is the reason that this match should not exist.
    It's more for the live crowd than anything else and since that crowd will be almost 100% American there's your reason for doing it. Not rocket science.

Ask Fuji|2020 Movie Log

​​​

Quote Originally Posted by Wang Chung
    Fuji- got his hint possibly town but also threatened Cox with a burrito up his ass

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Fuji Vice View Post
    It's more for the live crowd than anything else and since that crowd will be almost 100% American there's your reason for doing it. Not rocket science.
    Yes it's for the live crowd but it doesn't mean that it's a good decision. My point is that I have never heard of a flag match drawing well.

[Speak Like A Child]

Status

it's a mid card match announced two weeks before with minimum build. It's not meant to draw.

Last Real Man Hype

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Postman Dave View Post
    it's a mid card match announced two weeks before with minimum build. It's not meant to draw.
    Should probably have done it on TV then used a more interesting gimmick for PPV as an actual attempt to draw.

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status

If its not ment to draw then why is John Cena in the match instead of a local jobber and why is it on PAY PER VIEW (yes you can get it on the network but ppv is still a thing) instead of smackdown or a house show.

FKA RaiZ-R

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Cyrus Truth View Post
    Why does WWE insist on having Rusev as a heel?
    Rusev's a heel?

I saw a man standing up for his beliefs, bullied and belittled by an arrogant American. Rusev want's his chance to prove himself and is upset that Cena gets everything handed to him, he works just as hard but can't get his foot in the door with the bosses (although Daniel Bryan said right after the segment that it was good to have him back, and given that Cena is a "free agent" he can't be talking about him - I think Shane is making sure Rusev's messages aren't getting to Bryan somehow) so he's come out with no fanfare to challenge the status quo and bring his grievances to the people.

Rusev is a hero!

Last Real Man Hype

Status

It's true, Rusev turned babyface in the Roman feud.

But then he also turned heel again when he had his wife pretend to seduce Enzo just so he could have an excuse to beat him up in some sort of weird, sexual, reverse cuck roleplay.

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Marketh View Post
    It's true, Rusev turned babyface in the Roman feud.

But then he also turned heel again when he had his wife pretend to seduce Enzo just so he could have an excuse to beat him up in some sort of weird, sexual, reverse cuck roleplay.
    not to mention the terrible, terrible, TERRIBLE Ziggler feud

[Speak Like A Child]

Status

Quote Originally Posted by MC 16 View Post
    If its not ment to draw then why is John Cena in the match instead of a local jobber and why is it on PAY PER VIEW (yes you can get it on the network but ppv is still a thing) instead of smackdown or a house show.
    You're right, the PPV should just be two big matches at the top then superstar vs. jobber matches for the rest.

It's called building a show so it actually has a chance of being value for money and actually good. It's also about getting a guy air time and a straightforward win in advance of his inevitable title match at Summerslam aka the long (well, longish) build.

As for the flag match stip, I dunno, maybe Cena's 'Murica schtick will play neatly into the Jinder feud too seeing as he's running the evil foreigner thing.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information