Thread: Ground Zero Season One: Episode 3 and 4

Status

Ground Zero Season One: Episode 3 and 4

Ground Zero Season One: Episode 3

The camera shows the full stadium of the small 12,000 capacity stadium here this Wednesday night. They were all given the chance to get autographs from the contestants, hoping that maybe it is worth something one day. It probably won't but, but dammit do not crush their dreams.

The fireworks go off and the crowd gets hyped as the theme song and intro video begins to play on the
    JUMBO TRON.

Gus Johnson: WELCOME TO GROUND ZERO! Ladies and Gentlemen we have quite the show tonight.

Cris Collinsworth: That's right, it is a mega episode
    folks. We are having two episodes combined into one big two hour show. Which means...

Gus Johnson: FOUR contestants will go home tonight! Four!

Cris Collinsworth: Yeah Gus...I was gonna say that. You just kind of jumped right in there and stole it from me.

Gus Johnson: Well I'd love to talk about that but here comes the host of our show Dave Sullivan...

Cris Collinsworth: As well as Team Coaches James Hughes and Mac Michaud.

Host Dave Sullivan comes down the ramp to a mix of boos and cheers. There are some signs that say "Get a real Job" and "GO BACK TO JAIL" in the crowd. Coach Mac and Coach James are right behind Dave.

The trio strolls through the ropes.

Dave Sullivan: Last week I promised you guys another sudden death elimination match. The show ended with Broc having to pick one of his guys to eliminate because he had the least amount of points by the end of the show. But the two coaches with the second and third amount of points would have to put someone up for elimination.

Mac, this is the second week in a row now where you have to have one of your guys fight to survive on the show. What your thoughts?

Mac Michaud: My guys...are the best.

Dave Sullivan: Ok then. James, who are you going to pick to represent your team in a sudden death elimination match?

James Hughes: I could go with my best competitor and try to knock off one of Mac's guys...but I am going to save that for another day. Big Steve I think has a lot to prove to everyone. I am going to give him his chance to prove his worth to our team and on the show. He is going to represent Team James.

Dave Sullivan: Ok, interesting choice James. And Mac, who will you choose from your team to fight Big Steve?

Mac Michaud: HAHAHAH...Big Steve? The midget?? This should be good. I have an idea, lets make it interesting. Sticky Finger Joe is the guy I'm putting up Dave.

Dave Sullivan: Sticky Finger Joe...so we are going to have a Midget vs a Hobo...God dammit....this show is already becoming a joke. Ok, let's get this started then.

Mac Michaud: Haha, does Sticky Finger Joe have to stay on his knees to keep it even?

Dave Sullivan: Shut up Mac.

Sticky Finger Joe (TEAM MAC) vs Big Steve (TEAM JAMES) in a Sudden Death Elimination Match

The bell rings and it seems to confuse Sticky Finger Joe. The homeless man staggers drunkenly around the ring trying to figure out where he is. He sees Big Steve and charges at him, but Big Steve quickly uses his size to avoid the large smelly homeless man.

Sticky Fingers gets angry, and charges at Big Steve again, but Big Steve again gets out of the way and Joe goes over the ropes and to the outside. Big Steve then launches himself off the ropes and onto Sticky Finger Joe, but Joe catches the small statured man, and drops him right on the steel steps.

Just like that Big Steve is motionless. Sticky Finger Joe throws him back in the ring and covers him for the pin.

Winner: Sticky Finger Joe

BIG STEVE HAS BEEN ELIMINATED FROM GROUND ZERO.

*Commercial Break*

Status

Re: Ground Zero Season One: Episode 3 and 4

We return from the break to see an interview of contestant Dan Dulaney. Dan is in full uniform...

Dan Dulaney: What makes me different than the other contestants on the show? Being a police officer isn't easy...no not because we have to chase criminals all day long, or because we do not know if we're going to come home to see our spouses and kids whenever we walk out that door to go to work. Not because we are looked at under a microscope by today's society, being filmed by cell phone video cameras.

No...it's because we have to constantly live up to our own moral standards. It isn't just about following the law, it's about following our own law. Doing the right thing even when nobody is watching. It isn't a religious thing either, it's a personal thing. A drive deep inside of you that you are urged to follow for some unknown reason. You find a wallet on the ground full of cash...nobody is around...nobody would know if you took it. Yet you don't keep it, you return it? Why? Because that is who you are.

You are the person running into the danger while everyone else is running away. That is what being a police officer means, and that is what makes me different than any other contestant on this show.

Status

Dave Sullivan: Here we go...up next I asked all four coaches to put up who they believe is physically the best contestant on their team. The winner of this fatal four way match will get immunity for the rest of tonight. That includes the second hour of the show. That is three eliminations their team will be immune from tonight. The stakes are higher than they have ever been.

Along with that, they will make one coach have to eliminate one of their contestants on the spot.

Winning this match will be huge for your team, and will give you a huge boost in this show.

Who will come out on top?

Dan Dulaney (Team Broc) vs Tyrone Johnson (Team James) vs Sam Donovan(Team Chris) vs Chang Hoi Sun (Team Mac)

The bell rings and the match starts. Tyrone Johnson immediately goes after Dan Dulaney screaming "pig" over and over again. Dan dodges it and puts Tyrone in a hold.

Meanwhile Chang Hoi Sun gives a roundhouse kick to Sam Donovan the school teacher whose glasses just got knocked clean off. Sam goes down right away and Chang tries to pin him...

1...2...Dan lets go of Tyrone to break up the pin and go after Chang. Dan and Chang start to rumble now outside of the ring, while Tyrone gets up and attacks Sam Donovan. He hits Donovan with a clothesline and sends him down.

The fight between Dulaney and Chang Hoi Sun is getting really intense, both with martial arts backgrounds. Dan is trained in hand to hand combat, but so is Sun. The two are very evenly matched.

Sam Donovan on the other hand is getting his ass handed to him. He doesn't appear to be trying at all here, looking physically weak despite being in great shape. Tyrone Johnson's fighting style is the compelte opposite of Dan and Chang's. While Dulaney and Hoi Sun are trained, Tyrone has much more of a street fighting approach. He is stomping away at Donovan.

Chang is getting the upperhand on Dulaney now. He is about to pull off a huge combo of punches, but suddenly Dulaney gets a little more aggressive and sends Chang right into the steel steps. Changs face is cracked open. He might be knocked out cold.

Dulaney throws Chang back into the ring. The cop gets on the apron to renter the ring, but suddenly Tyrone Johnson picks up Donovan and throws him right at Dulaney, knocking both of them down to the outside.

Johnson goes for the cover on the knocked out Chang Hoi Sun.

One!

Two!

Three!

Winner: Tyrone Johnson (Team James)
    Gus Johnson: Unbelievable! Tyrone Johnson just stole the win away from Dan Dulaney...

Cris Collinsworth: Hey, a win is
    a win Gus.

Gus Johnson: But Dulaney did all the work.

Cris Collinsworth: It doesn't matter. Tyrone gets the win and now Team James is going to be immune from elimination the rest of the night. This was huge!

Dave Sullivan congratulates Tyrone Johnson for his win in the ring, and grabs a microphone from the outside.

Dave Sullivan: Congrats on the big win Tyrone. Because of your efforts, nobody from your team will be eliminated tonight. However, someone from a team of your choosing will be eliminated right now on the spot. Which team do you want to choose?

Tyrone Johnson: Ya know man...Team James only got 4 people left. Same with Team Chris...and Team Broc. Only cracka still rolling with all 5 of their boys is Team Mac.
    We can't let that slide now can we? Team Mac gonna have to make some cuts.

Dave Sullivan: Team Mac it is.

Mac Michaud seems visibly pissed from the sidelines. Coach Mac storms into the ring with a mic of his own.

Coach Mac: This is bullshit.
    I have to eliminate one of my guys without them even being able to fight and defend themselves?

Dave Sullivan: Your guy is the one who got pinned. If you want to make it fair, eliminate him.

Chang Hoi Sun looks on in shame knowing he let his team down.

Coach Mac: I have half a mind to eliminate
    you Chang...I put you in this fatal fourway because I thought you were our best man. Was I wrong?

Chang Hoi Sun: I disappoint. I bring dishonor to the team. If you choose to eliminate me, I understand.

Coach Mac: ....No...you are one of the most talented guys on my team. Dave, Sticky Finger Joe is who I chose to eliminate.

STICKY FINGER JOE HAS BEEN ELIMINATED FROM GROUND ZERO.

Gus Johnson: Wow! So after defeating Big Steve to start the show and starving off elimination, he gets eliminated on the spot anyway by Coach Mac. That is cold as ice.

Cris Collinsworth: And now Team Mac is down to four contestants, just like the other three teams on the show. There are 16 contestants left, only one will win. When we come back we will have one more whole hour of Ground Zero, with two more people going home. One thing we know is that it won't be anyone from Team James going tonight...thanks to Tyrone Johnson.

*Commercial Break*

Status

Ground Zero Season One: Episode 4

The second half of the episode opens with Tyrone Johnson in the backstage area. He catches up to childhood friend Daiquan Andrews who is about to get ready for a match of his own. Daiquan is wrapping up his knuckles with tape as Tyrone gets to him.childhood friend Daiquan Andrews who is about to get ready for a match of his own. Daiquan is wrapping up his knuckles with tape as Tyrone gets to him.

Tyrone Johnson: Yo Daiquan man...I haven't seen you at all these last few weeks. Feels like you been ...I haven't seen you at all these last few weeks. Feels like you been avoidin me or something brother.

Daiquan Andrews: Ya homie, yo ass smells thats why man.

Tyrone: Yoshuddup, haha. For real tho dawg, aint nothing bothering you?

Daiquan: Aint nothing bothering YOU?

Tyrone: Why did you do that to Wayne last week man? He aint do nothing to you. He could've helped us...three of us together on this show out of 20 others, we could have had an advantage.

Daiquan: You gotta get it in your head man. I did you a favor and you don't even see it. Wayne is a retard. He would only drag both our asses down.

Tyrone: That's my brother you're talking about...HOMIE.

Daiquan: Ya? And what am I to you then?

Tyrone: You my brother too...

Daiquan: Yeah we'll see Tyrone. Only gonna be one winner one this show, and all the media sayin you the favorite to win so far. The golden boy, aint no love for Daiquan though. Ay man don't sweat it though, I'm used to it.

Tyrone: Don't be like that.

Daiquan: Just wait till they find out about yo coke problem though. What you aint been drug tested yet? Huh...

Tyrone: Shut your mouth Daiquan.

Daiquan: Yeah whatever, I've got a match man. Gonna be out there on my own, nothing new there.

Daiquan Andrews (Team Broc) vs James Blake (Team Chris)

James Blake, the forensic psychologist, is in one corner as the hoodrat Daiquan is in the other. Blake is great at analyzing the mind of guys like Daiquan, but can he beat him in a fight is the question? With Chris Kennedy in his corner, he has a shot.

The bell rings and the two go at each other. Daiquan, like his friend Tyrone, is much more of a street fighter. He has no polish to him. Kennedy has been training Blake the last few weeks in all sorts of different techniques. Andrews goes right at Blake, but James dodges it and sends Daiquan tripping over his feet. Andrews gets mad, and gets back up and goes after Blake again...but again Blake ducks. This sends Daiquan over the top rope and to the outside of the ring.

The small crowd begins to laugh at him, and Daiquan begins to fume even more. The ref begins counting, he is up to three. He jumps back on the apron to get back in the ring, but Blake drop kicks him and sends Daiquan flying back to the floor once again.

The refs count gets to 8 before Daiquan crawls back in the ring. Blake goes to kick him, but Daiqan grabs his leg and flips him on his back. Andrews begins to ground and pound on Blake now, finally getting an advantage, but Blake turns it around into a quick roll up.

1...2...3!

Winner: James Blake (Team Chris)

Status

A short clip of Sam Donovan teaching in his elementary school classroom is shown before we cut backstage to a talking head interview with the man himself.

Sam Donovan: Did it look like I wasn't trying in my match? I don't know man, I'm just a school teacher you know. I was asked to be on the show, make a couple bucks doing the summer time when I'm off. Seemed like it'd be a fun experience. I don't expect to win.

Voice
    from behind the Camera: We swear we remember a man with your name being in the FWA for a very short time? He was a CIA agent.

Sam Donovan: Wow, that is definitely strange. I've heard of people say I look like Brad Pitt before, but never that one. I'll have to try and look that guy up.

Voice From Behind Camera: So you're not that Sam Donovan?

Sam Donovan: I'm the only Sam Donovan I know. I've been a teacher for quite awhile though. CIA Agent definitely sounds like a much more exciting gig though? Where can I sign up for that one? Maybe I'd learn some good techniques for the classroom, eh?

Status

Host Dave Sullivan is seen talking to the camera in a green room.

Dave Sullivan: Welcome back to Ground Zero folks. Coming up next we have quite a battle. Team Chris vs Team Mac vs Team Broc...each team will select one of their contestants to compete in a triple threat match. Whoever gets pinned will be eliminated on the spot. Whoever gets the pin will earn immunity for their team along with Team James, and the odd team out will have to put up two people to compete in a sudden death elimination match tonight.

Who will survive?

Magnum Jackson (Team Chris) vs Ralph Maddox (Team Broc) vs Jackson Debolt (Team Mac)

Magnum Jackson the 80s freak vs Ralph Maddox the mechanic vs Jackson DeBolt the firefighter. It should be a good brawl. Someone is getting eliminated right here.

The bell rings and Magnum Jackson starts screaming and charging at DeBolt. Jackson Debolt vs Magnum Jackson goes on in the ring while the dirty grease stained Maddox stays back and watches. The firefighter DeBolt gets the upper hand on Magnum, but all of a sudden Maddox comes from behind and knocks him down.

DeBolt and Maddox begin to brawl now. Maddox gets DeBolt in the turnbuckle corner and starts pounding away...

All of a sudden Magnum Jackson starts doing some crazy Hulk Hogan shit in the ring to hype up the crowd. This distracts Maddox long enough for DeBolt to get the upper hand with a right hook. This knocks Maddox down and he rolls to the outside. Magnum then charges at DeBolt, but DeBolt ducks and Magnum goes right into the referee who was facing the other way counting out Maddox!

With the referee down, Maddox comes back in the ring with his trusty big metal wrench. He swings it hard at Jackson Debolt's knees. Debolt rolls out of the ring in pain. Maddox then swings again right at the head of Magnum Jackson. Magnum is out cold. Maddox throws the wrench out of the ring just in time for the ref to get back up. Ralph Maddox goes for the cover...1...2...3!

Winner: Ralph Maddox
    Gus Johnson: WHAT! Maddox cheated! Ralph Maddox just cheated.

Cris Collinsworth: Hey what the ref doesn't see is fair game, Gus.

Gus Johnson: No...that's not right.

Cris Collinsworth: It doesn't matter. He just won immunity for his team, just like Tyrone Johnson did earlier in the night. But I've got bad news for Magnum Jackson.

MAGNUM JACKSON HAS BEEN ELIMINATED FROM GROUND ZERO.

Status

Dave Sullivan is now in the ring ready for the main event.

Dave Sullivan: What a match that was! We saw Magnum Jackson finally pack his bags. Ralph Maddox earned immunity for Team Broc. With Ty Johnson already having immunity for Team James, that leaves us with poor Team Mac for the main event. Team Mac entered the night with all five of its contestants, but now they will leave with only three.

Mac has chosen the two contestants of his who have yet to compete tonight. One will go home.

Who will it be?

Jack Harris (Team Mac) vs Rusty Keener (Team Mac) in a Sudden Death Elimination Match

Farm boy Rusty Keener already was able to survive elimination once. Can he do it again against the navy seal vet Jack Harris?

The match starts and the two get physical right away. The farm boy Keener is rolling on the ground trying to get a grip on Harris.

Harris though has had lots of hand to hand combat experience. Once that bell rings he becomes an animal in the ring, just attacking Keener everywhere. Keener is just overwhelmed. He tries to stay in the fight, but he has no chance. Harris is clearly Team Mac's biggest competitor, even over Chang Hoi Sun at this point.

Keener puts up a fight though. He tries to get Harris up against the ropes, but Jack gets Keener in a strong hold, one that only a Navy Seal vet would know. One that is probably considered use a deadly force.

Not wanting his arm broken, Keener quickly taps.

Winner: Jack Harris

Rusty Keener has been eliminated from Ground Zero.

Gus Johnson: Jack Harris dominated that match Cris!

Cris Collinsworth: This guy I think is a huge threat to win the whole damn show. Rusty Keener didn't have a chance.

Gus Johnson: Poor Rusty, I liked the boy but he's going to have to go back to Kansas to milk his cows.

Cris Collinsworth: That is the end of our show folks! 14 stars remain, but only one will win! Who will it be? Tune in next week to find out.
    Last edited by Sully; 07-15-2017 at 11:15 PM.

Thread Information