Status
      Country                    United States

Re: 205 Live: Different but Equal

205 Live
    December 13th, 2016

VERSUS
    Singles Match
    “The Premier Athlete” Tony Nese with Drew Gulak versus Jessy Sorenson

After their tag team loss last night, Tony Nese demanded a match to prove last night was just pure luck. Austin Aries did some searching around where he found enhancement talent, Jessy Sorenson. The name of the role lived up to what happened on the show. Nese would come running with double knees knocking Sorenson back into the corner. As Jessy went back, the impact pushed him slightly forward to eat a knee to the face. Moments after, The Premier Athlete connected with The Running Kneese to secure a simple victory.

Spoiler:

Winner: Tony Nese

After the contest, Gulak enters the ring with a microphone on hand.

The Ultimate Technician
    Drew Gualk:

Here we go, WWE Universe! Do it with me! Tony Nese! Tony Nese! Tony Nese!

(Mauro Ranallo: Drew Gulak is once again trying to get the crowd to chant for The Premier Athlete, but the WWE Universe wants nothing to do with it.)

(Corey Graves: Imagine not cheering a man with that physique and in-ring skill, Mauro.)

Nese takes the microphone from Drew Gulak as the WWE Universe refuses to chant, booing the two men in the ring.

The Premier Athlete
    Tony Nese:

What do you people need?! What do you need to get off this TJ Perkins kick you’re all stuck on?! Gran Metalik and Vickie Guerrero tried to tell you. The Brian Kendrick and Ariya Daivari tried to tell you. Neville tried to tell you. You just don’t get it. TJ Perkins came out here week after week after week and did not do a thing.

Drew Gulak:
    Tell them how it is, Tony.

Tony Nese:
    He has no muscle definition.

Drew Gulak:
    His submission technique is sloppy.

The crowd booing gets stronger as Nese and Gulak begin to run down the former WWE Cruiserweight Champion.

Tony Nese:
    His hairstyle is stuck in middle school.

Drew Gulak:
    His entrance music is childish.

“Playing With Power”
    “The Fil-Am Flash”
    TJ Perkins

(Mauro Ranallo: The Fil-Am Flash has heard enough of this!)

(Corey Grave: Why does TJ Perkins need to be like this? Can’t he just wait until Sunday?)

From the back comes TJ Perkins and he is wasting no time to get down to the ring. Nese is quick to retreat as he rolls out of the ring, but Gulak is caught by the last second. Perkins taking ahold of Gulak’s suit, bringing him up onto his shoulders, and going for the Detonation Kick… Except Drew fell back to avoid the kick to the temple and roll out of the ring. The Premier Athlete and The Ultimate Technician retreat up the ramp as Perkins music plays them out.

(Mauro Ranallo: TJ Perkins will get another opportunity this Sunday on the Roadblock: End of the Line Kickoff Show as he faces off against The Premier Athlete Tony Nese and The Ultimate Technician Drew Gulak in a Handicap Match!)

Backstage…

Following an advertisement for Roadblock: End of the Line, we are in the locker room area. Jack Gallagher is shown adjusting his suit. Then, Noam Dar enters the scene with his ally.

Man of Honor
    Jack Gallagher:

Mr. Dar, the man I wanted to talk to.

The Scottish Supernova
    Noam Dar:

How many times do I need to tell you, Jack? You can just call me Noam. But you’re exactly who I wanted to talk to.

Dar says placing his hand on the shoulder of Gallagher. The Gentleman almost confused as to why he wouldn’t call Noam by a more proper name.

Noam Dar:
    I know that a lot of what happened with The Brian Kendrick and Ariya Daivari has really been changing the type of guy you are already. And I know I may have no experience with the two of them. I know how they act though. They like to destroy you mentally then tear you limb from limb. But I’m here to tell you that if you let it get to you - that’s where it will all fall apart. I have your back tonight, Sunday night, and any other night.

Jack Gallagher:
    I appreciate that, Mister-- Noam. Every time Daivari sends me a pesky tweet or Kendrick complains to management about me, it ensures their fate on Sunday. Their mind games will not throw me off like they’d hope. We will have our hands raised on Sunday, and I don’t think they can handle that.

Gallagher emphasizes the ending statement, words someone like Swann would use, and the two sharing a look as the segment ends.

VERSUS
    Non-Title Match
    “The King of the Cruiserweights” WWE Cruiserweight Champion Neville versus Cedric Alexander

With five nights before his championship defense, Neville entered a high-intensity non-title match versus Cedric Alexander. Both men heating up the crowd with their never give up attitudes throughout the entirety of the lengthy match. Neville dominated Alexander early on by moving the pace around constantly. Slowing it down for a minute then speeding it up next to keep Alexander on his feet. The moment Alexander picks up on it, the direction of the match changed. Neville would miss a kick, Alexander would connect with one. Alexander would miss a right hand, Neville would connect with one of his own. Each man challenging the other to try again each time one counters the other. So much so that Neville decided the constant back and forth was not enough for him to use his energy before his big title defense. Alexander felt otherwise as he dove over the top rope, practically pausing mid-air, and coming onto Neville with a somersault plancha with a roar from the crowd in approval. It became all Alexander from there with the 540 Kick to give an extremely close finish to the match. After some more offense, Alexander went for his springboard clothesline that has often finished matches. As he flew through the air, Neville would catch him with a huge dropkick that sent both men down to the mat. It took sometime for both men to get back into this fierce contest. The King of the Cruiserweights to his feet first beginning with a series of kicks to the kneeling man. Multiple across the chest, two in the gut, and one in the face to end the series. When that didn’t end Alexander, Neville was forced to return to some of his quick offense that he was made popular for. A standing moonsault, tilt-a-whirl DDT, and even a Phoenix Splash from the middle rope. Alexander still fought back. Proving this to be a physical contest, Neville was forced to the close the match in a move that has become so rare - the Red Arrow. Once the aerial maneuver connected, Neville would pin Alexander to secure the victory.

Spoiler:

Winner: Neville

After the match, Neville calls for a microphone from the Greg Hamilton. Cedric Alexander remaining laid out in the ring with Neville standing over him.

“The King of the Cruiserweights”
    WWE Cruiserweight Champion Neville:

On Sunday, the so-called number one contender will suffer the same fate as you Cedric Alexander… And I will never say his name… But you… You will say mine.

Neville places the microphone on the mat in the direction of Cedric Alexander, and he then stomps on the face of Alexander! The crowd booing with the referee being quick to reprimand the cruiserweight champion. Neville only reprimanding him back for even talking to him.

(Corey Graves: What has gotten into Neville? We know that Mustafa Ali isn’t here to ensure we will have a championship match on Sunday, so what is he even going to accomplish here?)

Neville now takes Cedric as he remains out on the mat, and he locks on his signature Rings of Saturn. The submission locked on with the microphone directly picking up yelling of Cedric Alexander as well as Neville's.

Neville:
    Say my name! Say it so he knows it!

Alexander shakes his head with no words forcing Neville to wrench on the hold even more.

(Mauro Ranallo: Neville has no care in the world. He will not take the back seat to anyone - especially Mustafa Ali.)

Neville:
    Say it!

Cedric gasping for air as a small chant of his name breaks out. The crowd support seems to be too late though.

Cedric Alexander:
    Neville! Your name is Neville!

(Mauro Ranallo: Cedric Alexander is crying out Neville’s name to the WWE Universe. The King of the Cruiserweights getting exactly what he wanted.)

Neville finally breaks the hold to kick Cedric Alexander out of the ring. The King of the Cruiserweights holds up his championship to a chorus of boos as the segment ends with a line from Corey Graves.

(Corey Graves: I say this as a huge fan of that man. That was a despicable action and he is going to have a rude-awakening on Sunday.)

Backstage…

Following a commercial for tomorrow night’s NXT, we are in a slightly different locker room than earlier. This time with The Brian Kendrick and Ariya Daivari. A blackboard behind the two men titled: “Roadblock Plan.” and Kendrick is back at it again.

“The Man With A Plan”
    The Brian Kendrick:

Keep the eye on the prize. We win this tag team match then Austin Aries won’t deny either of us future championship matches any longer.

“The Self-Proclaimed Paramount”
    Ariya Daivari:

So, the plan is for me to stay in the match the whole time then you come in to win it all?

Daivari questions Kendrick who has a response ready in a quick second.

The Brian Kendrick:
    No, no. You have it all wrong. It goes something like this…

Kenrick points to the blackboard, his finger ready to follow along a flow chart. Before he can speak again, Ariya has something to say.

Ariya Daivari:
    No, no. You have it all wrong. Did one loss to some guy wrestling for his own honor get inside of your head with the type of wrestler you are? You are THE Brian Kendrick. You think Austin Aries will just hand you a championship match if you’re hanging out on the sidelines. No. He, Stephanie McMahon, Mick Foley, Jack Gallagher, and Noam Dar all need to be reminded who you are. You are the definition of ruthless. You did not come back to the WWE to be treated with disrespect every week by authority on and off the peoples television screen. I say we get rid of this plan here…

Ariya takes the eraser on the ledge of the board, wiping it through the flow chart. Kendrick not fazed.

Ariya Daivari:
    And remind everyone who you are.

A few moments of silence. Kendrick and Daivari exchanging looks with each other. Brian looking at the plan erased. Then, taking a piece of chalk he writes in big, bold letters: RUTHLESS over his previous work.

The Brian Kendrick:
    I taught you well. Sometimes… The only plan is the most simple one… Be ruthless. Daivari - on Sunday - we solidify ourselves as the two best wrestlers this cruiserweight division has to offer. Jack Gallagher can talk about how he is so much better than anyone and everyone because he has integrity. Noam Dar can just stroll in here, kissing his wrist, and raising up his pinky.. Those things don’t affect us. We are smarter, we are the better wrestlers. On Sunday - we arrive, we conquer, and we leave. After Sunday - we get the Cruiserweight Championship. Gallagher and Dar are just a stepping stone to get there.

Kendrick and Daivari nod in agreement, shake hands, and the segment ends on that note with the blackboard behind the two.

VERSUS
    Last Luchador Standing Match
    “El Rey de las Cuerdas” Gran Metalik versus “The Puerto Rican Sensation” Lince Dorado

Throughout this feud, Gran Metalik always had the number over Lince Dorado. El Rey de las Cuerdas defeating The Puerto Rican Sensation at Survivor Series was supposed to be the ending to their affair based off who could dawn the mask. Instead, Dorado pinned Metalik on the first episode of 205 Live resulting in a huge loss of momentum for Gran Metalik. Followed by two backstage assaults, we are tonight in a Last Luchador Standing Match. Vickie Guerrero was asked to stay in the back for her safety putting over how serious this contest can be. Now it’s fair to say these two men threw it all at each other until a victor could be named. Lince had took a hold of variety of weapons during his entrance including a steel chair, a kendo stick, a table, and a mop. All items used by both men throughout the entirety of the match ensuring the most damage is done to the other. Dorado using the steel chair as he springboarded into Metalik with it. El Rey de las Cuerdas connecting with his tight rope body splash sending Lince Dorado through a table. Just two moments to give a taste of two match changing moments that took place through the contest. The match almost ending in a drew as Lince and Gran Metalik fought on top of the ringside barricade. Both men coming down after Dorado runs with a hurricanrana to Metalik - a flashback to Metalik’s first time challenging TJ Perkins. In the end, Lince would stand tall on the top rope, aiming for the Shooting Star Press, but it would not happen as Metalik climbed onto the second rope throwing a kendo stick across the head of his fellow masked opponent. After some back and forth action at the top, Metalik was able to get Lince on his shoulders to connect with a Metalik Driver from the second rope. The finishing maneuver proved to be enough as The Puerto Rican Sensation was unable to return to his feet by the count of ten.

Spoiler:

Winner: Gran Metalik

After the match, Gran Metalik takes a minute to even move roll away from the pinfall. Vickie Guerrero coming from the back to enter the ring and help up her client.

(Mauro Ranallo: What a way to end that match. A Metalik Driver off the top rope sealed the fate of Lince Dorado.)

(Corey Graves: How do you not respect both men following that match? Putting their lives on the line, but Gran Metalik is the Last Luchador Standing.)

Gran Metalik has finally returned to his feet with his hand being raised by his business manager. Lince Dorado sitting in the corner looking on at El Rey de las Cuerdas following a hard defeat. Metalik notices as he is about to leave the ring, making eye contact with Dorado. The two masked superstars nod at each other before Gran Metalik and Vickie Guerrero once again celebrate the win. The show goes black with the camera behind Lince, showing his point of view of the victor with a line of Mauro Ranallo.

(Mauro Ranallo: The Last Luchador Standing might be Gran Metalik, but Lince Dorado has earned his respect.)

Roadblock: End of the Line
    December 18th, 2016
    ** Card Subject To Change **

VERSUS
    WWE Cruiserweight Championship Match
    “The Prince” Mustafa Ali versus “The King of the Cruiserweights” WWE Cruiserweight Champion Neville

&
    VERSUS
    &

Tag Team Match
    “The Man With A Plan” The Brian Kendrick and “The Self-Proclaimed Paramount” Ariya Daivari versus “Man of Honor” Jack Gallagher and “The Scottish Supernova” Noam Dar

Kickoff Show:

&
    VERSUS

Handicap Match
    “The Premier Athlete” Tony Nese and “The Ultimate Technician” Drew Gulak versus “The Fil-Am Flash” TJ Perkins

"If you're gonna do it..."

Drink the Kool-Aid

Status

As I think I’ve mentioned a few times now, Nese and Gulak together have been pretty damn fun in this thread so far. A nice win here for Nese to have him looking strong heading into the pay per view, which is smart booking wise after the loss last week. The fun run on the microphone with Nese and Gulak continues here, with the running down of Perkins and the lame jokes coming across quite well. Perkins running them off is fine, adding some last minute heat ahead of the PPV. Solid start to the show, doing exactly what you need to on a go home show.

Whilst I quite like the team of Dar and Gallagher, this segment came across a little awkward for me. Considering Gallgher has been on screen longer and feuding with Kendrick and Daivari for longer, it seems weird that Dar would be coming to him with this advice. Plus, Gallagher hasn’t really shown any signs of the heels getting to him to the point where he’s going to crack. This just didn’t feel like it suits the current situation at all.

A REALLY well booked match here and a fun one to read as well. Neville is the champion and obviously needed to win ahead of his title defence, however the real story here is how well you put over Cedric Alexander. Those near falls and the battle Neville had, even having to use the Red Arrow, put over Credric hard. I’d almost argue that this match did more for him than Neville, but that is definitely not a bad thing. Really great match here.

Neville being a little obsessed with the whole say my name thing afterwards is fun. It’s a nice angle, however after all my word above, it sucked to see Cedric, after a career performance, just get fed to Neville like that. Kind of takes away a little bit of the awesome words I gave above… But still, for Neville and the PPV hype this was all fine.

Unlike the Dar and Gallagher segment, I really enjoyed this one with Daivari and Kendrick. Them formulating a plan is fine, and I really dug Daivari’s pep talk, and wanting Kendrick to be ruthless. The issues with Aries are kept at the front of mind as well, really good stuff.

Time for the blow off match with this Metalik/Dorado feud. This has been a good one, and a Last Man Standing match is a damn good way to end it. I enjoyed you initially putting the viciousness of this match across with Vickie Guerrero not even being at ringside… It is the little things that the count. Outside of the weapon use, the ending seemed a little tame, with just a finish from the top rope. That happens so often in WWE these days in normal matches, so it didn’t make this match stand out. Outside of the ending lacking that real high impact moment though, the rest of this match and the feud in general was pretty great. The little nod to each other afterwards as well was a nice touch so show respect and that the feud really is over.

This was another good show here, mate. A couple of things I pointed out here and there but nothing major. The best part about this was it did exactly what it needed to for a PPV go home show. Everything on the card got the hype that it deserved. Really looking forward to Roadblock now, don’t keep us waiting to long.

Charismatic Enigma

Status

Roadblock: End of the Line
    December 18th, 2017

Kick Off Show:

&
    VERSUS

Handicap Match
    “The Premier Athlete” Tony Nese and “The Ultimate Technician” Drew Gulak versus “The Fil-Am Flash” TJ Perkins

TJ and Drew start off the matchup as both come forward for a lock up. Gulak quickly steps back into his corner; inviting TJ to come closer. The former WWE Cruiserweight Champion denies the invite telling Gulak to step up like he has been saying he will do. Gulak is about to step forward once more, but The Ultimate Technician instead makes a tag into The Premier Athlete. Perkins is obviously annoyed with the cowardice of Gulak with Nese stepping into the ring. Even before he gets to action, Nese begins to count out his abs for the crowd. The Pittsburgh crowd booing the Long Island native, and Perkins comes running towards Nese with a huge dropkick. It sends Tony back into his corner full force with his elbow also connecting to the side of Gulak’s head. Perkins pulls Nese to the center of the ring, bringing him up onto his shoulders, and he connects with the Detonation Kick! Perkins could have the match won already as he covers Tony…

1…

2…

Gulak pulls Perkins out of the ring!

The crowd once again boos the high-flying hater as he breaks up what could have been a quick victory for TJ. Perkins wastes no time to throw a right hand to his other opponent in this match. Drew connects with one of his own, blocks Perkins follow up, and throws Perkins into the barricade then rams him against the ring apron. TJ is then thrown back inside of the ring with Drew following closely behind. The submission specialist takes Nese, dragging him closer to his corner, and then returns to the apron for a tag to be made from the dazed chiseled star. Gulak then goes straight to work on Perkins as he remains seated in the corner. Stomping into the mid-section five times as the referee warns him he will be disqualified if he doesn’t stop. Gulak slowly backs away only to run back with one swift drive by kick to the side of his head. The crowd booing the antics of Gulak as Nese is sure to cheer on his friend and tag team partner as he tries to get back into the action. Drew now pulls Perkins to center of the ring bringing a resting headlock on The Fil-Am Flash.

The slowed down pace Drew loves is, of course, ridiculed by the WWE Universe. The crowd chanting for Perkins to get out of it and speed up the action here. After struggling to fight Gulak’s initial strength, Perkins goes back to his feet to throw away Gulak. This time Drew goes into the corner as Perkins comes running towards the hometown wrestler. Gulak moves away, Perkins stopping himself before hitting the corner, and connecting with a back kick into the gut of Gulak. TJ steps up onto the second rope then connecting with a blockbuster. The first ever cruiserweight superstar lives up to his nickname as he immediately brings Gulak on his back transitioning into the cattle mutilation. Gulak immediately yells for Tony’s help, but Perkins breaks the submission instead to knock Nese off the apron with a quick clothesline. Perkins taking a moment to watch Nese fall would cost him though as Gulak came from behind with a chop block to the hollow of the knee. Perkins falls onto the knee and The Ultimate Technician comes running with a kick straight to the knee. Nese now climbs back onto the apron and a tag is made to the chiseled cruiserweight star. As the partners switch positions, Perkins is still holding onto his knee.

Gulak, outside the ring, takes his opponent by the injured area so they would be hanging over the apron. Gulak, holding both legs, drops down to the floor as he locks on a Figure Four Leg Lock! Perkins clenching onto the ropes as he yells to get Gulak off, and the referee is planning to do just that. He leaves the ring reprimanding Drew that he is not legal nor would a submission work on the outside of the ring. Drew agrees to break the hold, but he will not release the legs of Perkins. Now Nese is on the second rope and he comes down onto the first Cruiserweight Champion with knees on the chest. The pure athleticism on display as he rolls back to his feet, runs to springboard off the second rope, and comes back with another pair of knees to the torso.

(Byron Saxton: As described by plenty of opponents, Nese has so much power when he uses those knees. It’s why a majority of his offense revolves around it.)

(Corey Grave: Have you seen Nese, Saxton? Those legs are probably like steel with all of the work he puts in. I talked to his personal trainer and he does legs, shoulders, and cardio all in the same day. Every day.)

Nese pulls Perkins back into the ring as he goes for the pin attempt, but the Cruiserweight Classic winner finds it in himself to kick out at two. Tony wastes zero time to return to an attack on the knee as he drops his own across Perkins’. Gulak on the apron cheering on Nese while the crowd just ignored The Ultimate Technician. Nese is showing off pure confidence with the praise of Gulak as he slams Perkins down to the mat. Before going for more offense, Tony takes a moment to discuss plans with Gulak. Nese telling his friend that he can end it all by going to the top rope. Drew takes a second before approving of The Premier Athlete using high-flying abilities in the match. Nese climbs to the top rope in his corner, and he comes down with a huge 450 Splash onto the knees of TJ Perkins. The Fil-Am Flash saving the match from ending as he comes back up to his feet. He takes ahold of the legs of Nese, potentially looking for the TJP Clutch, but Tony kicks him away. Perkins staggers back into a right hand to the back of the head from Gulak! Nese returns to his feet as he comes running with a knee to the side of Perkins face. The knee puts down the first Cruiserweight Champion perfectly into a seated position as Nese runs from the opposite corner… The Running Kneese connects! Tony pulls him out of the corner for the cover… 1… 2… 3!

Spoiler:

Winners via pinfall @ 8:23: Drew Gulak and Tony Nese

(Corey Graves: I’m sure you feel stupid for always verbally attacking the friendship of Nese and Gulak, Saxton. Look how well they work together!)

(Michael Cole: Drew Gulak and Tony Nese may not have done it fairly, but they used the numbers game to secure themselves the victory.)

After the referee lifts the hands of Gulak and Nese, The Ultimate Technician kicks The Fil-Am Flash out of the ring. Then he takes a microphone from the ringside area.

The Ultimate Technician
    Drew Gulak:

We told you TJ Perkins was nothing! Now, finally join us on the Nese and Gulak Express!

Gulak and Nese now speak in the microphone with a catchphrase like The New Day.

Drew Gulak & Tony Nese:
    Nese - and - Gulak. Nese - and - Gulak. Nese - and - Gulak.

The two continue on with some boos from the crowd as the segment goes black.

Different But Equal

Later in the kick off show, with roughly ten minutes before showtime, Austin Aries is in the ring. With him is a podium with a black velvet blanket covering an item under it.

“The Greatest Man That Ever Lived”
    The Authority of 205 Live Austin Aries:

When I was named The Authority of 205 Live, I promised Stephanie McMahon and Mick Foley two things. The first that they would get the best authority figure of all time with me. And I think we should check that off the list. The second would be making sure that everyone wanted to see the cruiserweight division. The talent of the cruiserweight division has been doing just fine as that, but I feel there is something separating them from every other superstar in the back.

Aries takes a moment to pause allowing Corey Graves to speak up.

(Corey Graves: What the hell is Aries getting to here?)

Austin Aries:
    The cruiserweight division is taking over whether or not everyone else realizes that. And I will not the men in the back be looked at any different than any other champion in the WWE. Raw and Smackdown titles look almost exactly identical, and why should the superstars of 205 Live be any different?

Austin takes hold of the black velvet blanket.

Austin Aries:
    The Greatest Man That Ever Lived will live up to his name and transfer his greatness elsewhere. Now, I’m establishing that this incarnation of the cruiserweight division as the greatest of all time.

Austin pulls the blanket away showing a brand new WWE Cruiserweight Championship. A championship matching one like the WWE Championship with a black strap, gold outlines, the large WWE logo, and the underline across being purple.

Austin Aries:
    Ladies and gentleman, the brand new WWE Cruiserweight Championship!

(Michael Cole: Look at that. The Cruiserweight Championship undertaking a new design to match the one of the WWE Universal Championship and the WWE Championship.)

Austin Aries:
    Isn’t it just… great? Either Neville or Mustafa Ali will be holding this championship after their match tonight, but I would not say either man should be comfortable. Someone is always a two weeks notice away from stepping into this ring and taking the championship.

(Byron Saxton: I wonder who Austin Aries could be talking about there.)

(Corey Graves: Are you really that stupid, Saxton?)

The segment ends on that note with the camera hard on the new championship as Aries’ music plays.

Main Show:

&
    VERSUS
    &

Tag Team Match
    RUTHLESS (“The Man With A Plan” The Brian Kendrick and “The Self-Proclaimed Paramount” Ariya Daivari) versus “Man of Honor” Jack Gallagher and “The Scottish Supernova” Noam Dar

Starting off the contest is Daivari and Gallagher tonight. Both men circling around the ring before locking up in the center. Some wrestling for power between the duo, but Gallagher gets in control first with a side headlock straight into a hip toss. Gallagher holds the headstand as he impresses with a headstand at the same time. The crowd cheering for the gent before he comes back down, out of the headlock, and into an innovate elbow drop across the chest of Ariya. Gallagher wastes no time bringing Daivari backup before taking him down again with a strong headbutt to Daivari. It dazes The Self-Proclaimed Paramount with Gallagher connecting with a strong European Uppercut followed a snap suplex. Daivari returns to his feet in the corner of Dar and Gallagher with The Gentleman running into his body with a shoulder attack. Then a tag is made to his tag team partner, The Scottish Supernova. Gallagher and Dar take Daivari, throw him off the ropes, and work together to flapjack Daivari down to the mat putting their team in firm control in the early minutes of this tag team affair.

This is the first time Noam Dar is stepping inside of the ring for the WWE Universe, and he is looking to impress those in attendance and watching at home. Dar connecting with some quick right hands to the face and chest of Daivari. Followed by a European Uppercut of his own. Into a bridging Northern Lights Suplex as he hooks the left leg of Ariya.

1…

2…

Daivari finds it in himself to kick out just at the two count here.

(Byron Saxton: RUTHLESS has zero idea what to expect from Noam Dar here. He is the game changer in this match.)

As Ariya kicks out, Noam seems somewhat unfazed. The Scottish Supernova not getting into his own head as he goes to the top rope awaiting his legal opponent to return to his feet. He comes down with a big one leg kick into the chest of Daivari that pops the crowd.

Unfortunately, no further damage would be done as Ariya rolled out of the ring trying to recover as he has been unable to find some offense in this match up. Kendrick leaving the apron to try and strategize with Daivari, but Dar and Gallagher are already strategizing and they have a plan. Gallagher comes in the ring, hands and knees on the mat, and Dar uses him as a step stool as he dives onto Kendrick and Daivari! The crowd cheering on Dar with the high-flying maneuver as he rolls Daivari back in the ring. As he steps up on the apron to re-enter, Kendrick takes a hold of his leg stopping The Scottish Supernova. Noam tries to kick away Brian, but it gives Ariya ample amount of time to return to his feet and connect with a huge discus elbow. Daivari takes Noam, hangs him from the second rope, and throws him down to the mat face first. Then, a tag is made to Brian Kendrick.

As the man who considers himself an original Cruiserweight enters, he is all smiles as the WWE Universe boos him. The moniker “The Man With A Plan” is being earned tonight as the direction of this match has taken a complete 180. Kendrick begins to toy with Dar as he lightly kicks at his head while telling Gallagher that he can’t do a thing about it. Gallagher disagrees, stepping into the ring, and the referee is quick to stop him as he is not the legal man in the competition. This allowed Ariya Daivari to enter the ring with both RUTHLESS men stomping down on Noam with the Pittsburgh crowd booing the two. As the referee turned around, Kendrick would perfectly push his own partner out of the ring ensuring that the official had zero idea. The referee does speculate why Daivari isn’t on his apron, but he has zero time to do anything about it as Kendrick is using his boot to try and choke out The Scottish Supernova. A count of four is reached until Kendrick steps back, runs off the ropes, and connects with a running boot to the side of Dar’s face. Kendrick takes a minute to show off to the crowd about how his plan is working great, and that he will be the number one contender to the WWE Cruiserweight Championship. The camera meanwhile has a main focus on the look on Dar’s face as he looks absolutely dazed, Gallagher beginning to stomp on the stairs with the crowd clapping along.

The Brian Kendrick goes to lift Noam to his feet, but The Scottish Supernova connects with a huge enzuigiri. It does not take Kendrick off his feet making Noam to run off the ropes. Except he eats a huge big boot! It sends him in a 180, and Kendrick pulls him down to lock on the Captain’s Hook! Dar trying to find the ropes as the choke hold is locked on tight, barely any space between the hold and Dar’s throat. Gallagher steps up on the second rope, clapping his hands together, and he begins a “Dar!” chant. The crowd following along to try and push Dar to continue on. And it’s working! Dar dragging both his own dead weight along with Kendrick’s as he continues to get closer. The crowd getting louder and Dar is able to get ahold of the bottom rope! Gallagher with a look of relief, Daivari surprised more than anything and Kendrick frustrated that the young Scotland native was able to break the hold. Being the veteran he is though - he does not let his emotions get the best of him. Kendrick is quick to not allow Dar to move as he takes a hold of both arms in a chicken wing, bringing The Scottish Supernova to his feet, and he lifts him up high… Chicken Wing Facebuster! Reversed as Dar instead rolls up Brian Kendrick!

1…

2…

Kendrick with a kick out as the referee neared three. The kick out does nothing as Dar keeps ahold of the left leg of his opponent, and Noam locks on what he calls The Champagne Super Kneebar in the center of the ring! Kendrick yelling out in pain as he reaches for any rope with the “Tap” chants starting up immediately. The chants turn to jeers as Ariya Daivari enters the ring with a low clothesline to take out Dar and stop the submission. Now the jeers turn to cheers as Jack Gallagher enters the ring with a huge take down to Daivari as both men leave the ring. All the commotion in the ring has the referee distracted long enough to bring out the dastardly tactics of The Brian Kendrick as he rakes the eyes of Noam Dar. Kendrick comes off the ropes looking for his signature big boot, but Noam Dar ducks under then connects with a huge enzuigiri connecting to the back of Kendrick’s head. Followed by a picture perfect release fisherman suplex. As Kendrick is slammed down, Gallagher is back on the apron asking for a tag from Dar. Taking a deal of punishment - the tag is made to a nice pop from the crowd. Gallagher enters letting the ovation from the crowd settle in as he takes a quick, formal walk circling Brian Kendrick. Brian pops to his feet, runs at Gallagher, but he is dropped again with a drop toe hold… And Jack ties him into the Full Windsor Knot!

(Byron Saxton: Here comes my personal favorite Jack Gallagher move!)

(Michael Cole: And we all know what this sets up!)

An “Ooh!” from the crowd as Gallagher comes running with a kick that connects to Brian. Kendrick pops back to his feet as he immediately ends up in the corner - perfectly allowing Jack to set up for the finishing dropkick. But of course Ariya Daivari re-enters the ring. This time Noam Dar darts across the ring with a running gamengiri to The Self-Proclaimed Paramount. And Gallagher connects with the Gentleman’s Dropkick to The Man With A Plan!

1…

2…

3!

Spoiler:

Winners via pinfall @ 11:58: Jack Gallagher and Noam Dar

The crowd cheers as the bell rings with Jack Gallagher and Noam Dar overcoming RUTHLESS and their plan.

(Corey Graves: This is why Jack Gallagher is my favorite. He gets the job done efficiently and quickly. Still not sure about that Noam Dar.)

(Michael Cole: Corey, you can have whatever opinions you have about Dar. The fact is his team was victorious in his debut and plenty thought he would give up at some point in this match.)

Gallagher and Dar both stand on each corner. The Scottish Supernova kissing his wrist, Man Of Honor holding up his right fist. The camera cuts to the top of the stage as Kendrick and Daivari hold each other up with Kendrick walking over to the announce table, taking the headset of Byron Saxton.

(The Brian Kendrick: They can have this moment tonight. We aren’t done with them, that’s a promise.)

The segment ends with that statement as both Gallagher and Dar continue their celebration.

VERSUS
    WWE Cruiserweight Championship Match
    “The Prince” Mustafa Ali versus “The King of the Cruiserweights” WWE Cruiserweight Champion Neville

The referee calls for the bell, and Mustafa Ali wastes no time running at Neville. The challenger catches the champion with a headscissors that sends him through the second rope to the outside. Neville lands on his feet as he the WWE Universe that he’s too smart for Ali, but his back is to The Prince. He turns around for Ali to come diving onto him with a smooth corkscrew moonsault on the champion. An amazing aerial maneuver so early in this championship bout has the crowd on their feet. Ali sending Neville back into the ring, and he waits on the apron for his opponent to return to his feet. The King of the Cruiserweights goes to his feet, Mustafa Ali comes through the second rope, completing a roll on the mat, and he pops back up to his feet with a neckbreaker to the champion. Neville consistently trashed Ali, and now he is biting off more than he can chew in the early stages of the contest. After the neckbreaker, with in-ring awareness in mind, Neville quickly rolls towards the ropes then brings himself up in the corner. Ali comes sprinting towards Neville, the latter moving out of the way, and the challenger stops himself before going into the corner. He immediately connects with a back kick to the gut of Neville. Followed by a straight kick into the shoulder. Neville stands up straight as he eats a superkick to the jaw! Mustafa Ali covers Neville as the champion falls back…

1…

2…

3?!

Neville kicks out in the last second! The referee’s hand about to hit the rope as the WWE Cruiserweight Champion brings his right shoulder up off the mat to keep his championship reign for now.

(Michael Cole: The King of the Cruiserweights has no idea who Mustafa Ali, and he is probably regretting not scouting his challenger.)

(Corey Graves: Ali is absolutely stepping up the plate tonight. Neville just needs time to get ready, get the blood pumping if you will.)

The kickout won’t get to the head of Ali as he instead makes his way up to the top rope. His back to the champion as it could only mean he is looking for the 054. But Neville pops us to his feet, pulls out the legs of Ali, and the challengers head smacks on the top turnbuckle! And Neville immediately connects with a German Suplex! But Mustafa Ali lands on his feet! Neville comes running with a huge clothesline that sends Mustafa Ali inside out as he splashes chest first on the mat. The crowd releasing an audible “Ooh!” as Ali hits the mat hard. Neville pulls Mustafa by his hair as he yells “This is why you don’t step into the ring with me!” followed by kicking the side of Mustafa’s head.

(Byron Saxton: Ali could have had a serious concussion following Monday’s attack, but he was lucky enough that it wasn’t the case. Now Neville is going straight to work being in control.)

Neville connects with another kick to Ali’s head as the challenger is obviously shaken up from the clothesline. He pulls himself into a seated position in the corner, and he wastes no time to run into the face of Ali with a dropkick. The crowd booing as Neville comes from the opposite corner again with another dropkick. The King of the Cruiserweights gladly steps back with a big smile knowing the damage has been done to be in control of the action. While the champion taunts the crowd, the camera zooms to Ali whose head rests against the second turnbuckle. Neville goes to the ring apron, taking a moment to squat down and eye his opponent. Then he comes sprinting across with a huge soccer like kick into the shoulder of Mustafa Ali’s chest. Another audible “Ooh” from the crowd with the sound echoing within the arena.

Neville steps back inside of the ring with a smug grin as he goes for a cover on Mustafa…

1…

2…

Ali kicks out just after two showing he still has a lot to give in this contest. The King of the Cruiserweights remains level headed as he goes back on the offense against Ali. This time he drags Ali across the ring for his upper half to be outside the ring. Neville from the ringside area now comes running with a knee to the side of Ali’s face. A constant attack on the head adding up as a continuation from Monday’s assault. The strike sends Ali back in the ring, and Neville re-enters to go the pin except Ali quickly brings it into a small package! Only a one count though as Neville quickly gets out of it. Both men to their feet, and Ali throws some quick hands against the champion. Neville is thrown against the ropes, returning as Mustafa Ali leapfrogs over him, but quickly grabs Neville on the way down into a sunset flip powerbomb! But Ali doesn’t go for the pinfall as he turns it into a headscissors crucifix submission!

(Corey Graves: What a series of maneuvers to put this submission on Neville. I am a huge supporter of the champion, and in the words of my 205 Live broadcast partner, he is matching every attribute of his opponent tonight.)

Ali is wrenching the hold as the referee is trying to see if Neville will tap out. The crowd cheering in approval for the submission hold as they are solidly behind Mustafa tonight. The champion refusing and he brings a leg up to kick Ali’s arm. Then a kick to the head. Followed by one more to the head, and the challenger releases the hold. Ali remains on a knee as Neville barrel rolls towards him to connect with a Listo Kick! Ali falls with his face against the mat as Neville captatalizes by wrapping on the Rings of Saturn! Neville immediately wrenching on the submission hold as the Pittsburgh fan are just as quick to boo The King of the Cruiserweights. The referee asking Ali if he wants to submit as the challenger yells no with as his hair covering his face. Neville yells for him to stop being the hero while his challenger’s feet begin to hit against the mat. The crowd following along to his stomping as he begins to fight back from the submission hold. His arms slipping back to the side of his body, but Neville tightens his legs back up so Mustafa can’t get out of the submission. The referee asks once again, but he won’t tap out once again! Neville becomes frustrated, wrenching back as he pulls his arms, and his legs slip apart for Ali to be free!

The Prince right away changes his position, so he wouldn’t be in the hold. He falls back onto Neville for a quick pin attempt, but it only gets a one count. Both men go to their feet right after the cover, and Neville is caught with a superkick to the jaw! Neville goes down through the second rope to the outside! That superkick has taken down Neville on Raw, 205 Live, and even earlier tonight, but Neville was well-prepared this time as he falls to the outside. Neville tries to gather himself as Ali waits and waits for the champion to come to his feet. He comes to his feet with his back to Ali, but Mustafa comes running anyway as he comes through the second rope… to be clobbered with a right hand halfway through his suicide dive! Ali slides down to the ground acting as lifeless as ever, and Neville re-enters the ring rather than inflict more damage or pin Mustafa. He tells the referee to count as he takes a seat in the corner examining Ali.

(Michael Cole: Ali looks knocked out from that right hand, and now Neville isn’t going to do any more work than he has to.)

(Corey Graves: We won’t be having a new champion that’s for sure, boys!)

1… 2… 3… 4… Mustafa Ali begins to move around the outside as he slowly pushes himself off the ground. The crowd applauding and breaking out in chants for his name. 5… 6… 7… Ali goes to both knees as his hands are on the mat… 8… Neville comes walking over as his right foot stomps on the left hand of Ali! The challenger screaming out in pain as the referee hits nine… And Mustafa takes his right arm, wrapping it around Neville’s leg, and pulls him out of the ring! Forcing the count to be restarted! Ali had the instinct to pull Neville out of the ring, but he has zero energy left to do anything about it. Neville angrily yells at Mustafa to stop trying, and he sends him back in the ring. This time instead of sliding back in, Neville makes his way up to the top rope. The crowd coming to their feet with phones ready to capture the moment as they know what’s happening next. Neville soars from the top with a picture perfect Red Arrow… Onto the knees of Mustafa Ali! And the challenger quickly turns into a small package…

1…

2…

The referee’s hand grazes the count for three, but Neville gets out in another close fall. Like most of the falls in this match - Neville is back to his feet before Mustafa Ali. Neville aims for another kick to the side of his opponents face, but Mustafa grabs his foot. He looks directly into the eyes of Neville as he slowly rises to a vertical base. Neville hopping on one leg as he tries to throw some right hands in the direction of Ali, but none of them connect as Ali stands too far. Mustafa then spins away Neville and dropkicks the champions back to send him down in the middle rope. He keeps up the pace running behind Neville with a perfect 619 sending him in a position as he lays on his back. Ali vertically leaps to the top rope for a springboard to a very AJ Styles-esque 450 Splash onto Neville. He doesn’t go for the cover as he rolls away holding onto his gut. It gives Neville enough time to also roll away to the corner this time in a seated position.

Both men physically drained but this time Mustafa Ali is to his feet first. He walks over to Neville, using the rope to keep himself on his feet, and he approaches the Cruiserweight Champion by grabbing onto his hair and bringing him to his feet. Ali slowly lifts Neville over his shoulders and places him on the top rope. He pushes both legs to the outside as he can now climb up to the second rope. He connects with two right hands leaving Neville dazed as he begins to climb higher as both men stand at a vertical base on the top rope. Mustafa setting up for his finishing moonsault side slam from the top. But Neville elbows the side of Mustafa’s head, forcing his challenger to break the set up, and he pushes Mustafa Ali off the top rope to the outside! Ali’s head hitting against the steel steps as he crashes down!

The moment Mustafa’s head hits the crowd lets out an audible “Ooh!” as the referee is slides out of the ring checking on the challenger. Neville once again sitting on the top rope looking at his challenger on his back looking up at the lights. The camera coming closer to Mustafa showing his eyes looking glazed over as the referee asks if he can continue… Followed by throwing up the “X” for medical personnel to come over. Doctors come rushing over as the referee talks to JoJo, and he has no choice but to end this Cruiserweight Championship match as Mustafa Ali cannot continue.

Spoiler:

Winner via Referee Stoppage and Still WWE Cruiserweight Champion @ 14:13: Neville

As Neville’s music blasts throughout the arena, he steps down from the top still slightly dazed from the competition. Neville snatches the championship from the referee and leaves the ring to walk over to Mustafa Ali. He looks down at the fallen challenger, then at his championship and he grins at the work he has done.

The King of the Cruiserweights

I told you… You are not at the Neville Level.

(Corey Graves: Listen, I’m happy we still have a great division leader in Neville. I just cannot believe he doesn't even care to check on Mustafa Ali.)

(Byron Saxton: We knew Mustafa was already hurting from the assault on Monday night, and this secures that he may have a serious injury.)

The segment closes as Mustafa Ali is put on a stretcher, being rolled to the back following the physical contest with The King of the Cruiserweights.

(Michael Cole: Mustafa Ali is on his way to the nearest medical facility right now. We will keep you all updated on his condition tonight and tomorrow night on Raw as we head into another heated rivalry that will have its last chapter tonight: Charlotte Flair and Sasha Banks.)

What Else Happened On This Night:

Rusev defeated Big Cass
    Cesaro and Sheamus defeated The New Day for the RAW Tag Team Championships
    Sami Zayn survived ten minutes with Braun Strowman, thus being declared the victor
    Seth Rollins defeated Chris Jericho
    Charlotte Flair defeated Sasha Banks for the Raw Womens Championship in a 30 Minute Iron Man Match with Sudden Death Overtime
    Kevin Owens defeated Roman Reigns to retain the WWE Universal Championship

Main Eventer

Status
      Country                    Wales

Some quick thoughts on an great Road Block mate.

I never expected TJP to win tonight with the numbers against him but he definitely gave it a go and came close a few times before those numbers caught up with him. I like TJP, especially his moveset and style so hopefully he is not relegated too low in the future.

With there usually only being 2/3 matches on each show that focuses on the CW Division I expected a face win in the tag match. Gallagher looked really good and I was thinking that maybe he was next in line for the title shot but what Kendrick said afterwards makes me think that this tag feud is not over by any means.

Nice little moment with Aries. Despite the good work of building the likes of Gulak, Nese, Kendrick, Ali and Gallagher I'm still of the belief that Aries v Neville is the money match in the division.

Speaking of Neville it took a brutal accident to help him to victory tonight and that should put away his chances of winning the title for the near future. Loved Neville's careless attitude and I'm definitely excited to see what 2017 brings for him and the CW Division. Hopefully some stellar matches against the likes of Gallagher and Aries. Keep up the good work mate I'll try my best to keep checking in.

Just Justice

Status

Just a quick wee 205 review. I have to say though, your btb has actually got me to watch some 205 and, asside from WWE not caring at all about them and the crowds being dead, the shows are decent enough. So thanks for getting me into a new show!

WWE 205 Live Review:

Nice little enchancement match to start the show. I've always enjoyed Nese, mainly from his Evolve days with Trent? (which is a name which would be cool to see here btw and him and TJ should have a great match if they were given the chance to. It's so weird seeing Drew in Evolve where he was a wrestling machine, and him here where he's extensively a comedy character it really really works though. I LOLed so hard at the "his submission technique is sloppy" line. Buzzin for the match and if your other work is anything to go by, it's gonna be great.

Like stojy said, it was a bit weird with Noam saying this to Jack instead of the rolls reversed, but I don't really have anything to add so yeah...what he said basically haha.

Cedric is probably my favourite American guy on 205 Live so him & Neville of coarse had a splendid wee match. Neville hitting the red arrow I thought would've been better if he saved it for the PPV but other than that Neville gets great momentum heading into Roadblock. Neville forcing Cedric to say his name is beast man, I adore what you are doing with him and am dead excited for the PPV match.

Kendrick and Daivari's segment was great, just the image ofor is in my head sounds really fucking cool haha! Ariya's speech hyping Brian up was phenomenal so yeah, 2 thumbs up sir!

Last luchador standing. A bit gutted this wasn't on PPV but I suppose this'll do the Metalik driver off the 2nd rope sounded awful brutal, I'm buzzing to see where both men go from here. I hope Metalik gets another shot at the cruiserweight belt after this, whether it's against Neville or mustafa I'm not caring.

Overall, great show man! I'll leave thoughts on Roadblock when I get the chance to read it.

X

Charismatic Enigma

Status

Monday Night Raw
    December 19th, 2016

VERSUS
    Singles Match
    “Man Of Honor” Jack Gallagher versus “The Premier Athlete” Tony Nese with Drew Gulak

After a successful victory for both men, these two clash as only one man can keep their momentum in a battle on both lines of the cruiserweight styles - high flying ability and technical ability. Per usual - Tony Nese is more worried about himself than the action. That attitude from The Premier Athlete put Gallagher on the offensive side in the start of this match. Jack connecting with his hands of fury along with a signature headbutt and connecting with a double underhook suplex. It only gets him a two count, but it gets the Columbus crowd behind the Man Of Honor. Gallagher then brings it technical, but Gulak is sure to judge his game from the outside. The Ultimate Technician yelling that Gallagher was not using a proper headlock, chinlock, or an armlock. The constant verbal assault from Gulak would distract Gallagher, and it put Nese in control of the match as he came running with a knee to the back of Jack. Gallagher goes chest first into the turnbuckles, staggers back, and Nese connects with a huge german suplex to put himself in control. In something that has become a usual, Nese pushes his strength and athleticism to be a highlight in matches. Holding Gallagher in a scoop slam position as he kept a constant speed running the Man Of Honor into each corner before connecting with a running powerslam. Nese kept up his momentum until he went to the top rope. It didn’t work one night ago, and it did not work for him tonight as he missed the 450 Splash. The missed splash did set up for Gallagher’s Full Windsor Knot to pop the Columbus crowd. In the end, after headbutting Gulak from the apon. Jack connected with the Gentleman’s Dropkick for the victory.

Winner: Jack Gallagher

(Corey Graves: Look at that man. An absolute gentleman!)

The tattooed commentator says as Gallagher stands in the center of the ring with his right arm raised. His left behind his back. The camera cutting to Drew Gulak and Tony Nese holding each other up as Saxton speaks up.

(Byron Saxton: I’m surprised you didn’t just run down Gallagher for beating Nese like that.)

(Corey Graves: Beating Nese fairly? Not all of us have favorites like you, Saxton. I respect all the cruiserweights especially after some competition like that.)

The segment goes black to Gallagher making his way up the ramp with a little kick in his step.

VERSUS
    Singles Match
    “The Scottish Supernova” Noam Dar versus Raul Mendoza

Dar impressed the WWE Universe one night ago in his debut, and he looks to continue his roll versus Raul Mendoza. Dar shows off not only his speed within the ring, but the way he can mat wrestle when needed. Noam started the contest with a twisting bodyscissors turning into The Champagne Super Kneebar. Mendoza would reach the ropes fairly quickly, but it all went back to The Scottish Supernova putting in the work. Dar connecting with rights and lefts into the gut of Mendoza followed by a European Uppercut and a kiss of the wrist. Continuing with the quick offense, Dar ran off the ropes only to duck under a clothesline, connect with an enzuigiri, and then a Northern Lights Suplex. After that, Dar connected with his finishing Nova Roller for a huge dominating victory.

Winner: Noam Dar

As Noam Dar’s hand is raised, he is jumped by The Brian Kendrick and Ariya Daivari! Kendrick with a stiff lariat to the back of Dar followed by stomping down on The Scottish Supernova. Ariya Daivari yelling at Dar about how stupid it was for him to debut against the two of them.

(Michael Cole: Look who it is, Kendrick and Daivari stopping the celebration.)

(Byron Saxton: I cannot even say I’m surprised right now. Some plan they have, huh?)

The Raw crowd booing Kendrick and Daivari, but it changes when Jack Gallagher comes running into the ring. He immediately comes with a dropkick to Ariya Daivari receiving a roaring reaction from the WWE Universe. The Self-Proclaimed Paramount rolling to the outside of the ring allowing the Man Of Honor to get his hands on The Man With A Plan. Gallagher connecting with some right hands towards Kendrick when he is suddenly taken down into a Dragon Sleeper… It’s Drew Gulak! With Tony Nese! The submission hold locking onto Gallagher as Nese makes his way towards The Brian Kendrick who sits in the corner. And Nese extends his hand out to The Man With A Plan!

(Corey Graves: Somebody please tell me we have a brand new alliance in the Cruiserweight Division, and why I wasn’t invited to join?! These four could run this division.)

Kendrick and Nese begin to bring the boots down on Dar as Gulak chokes out Gallagher. The crowd booing trying to start chants for either The Scottish Supernova or his UK Born friend, but the two continue to be unable to fight back.

“Playing With Power”

“The Fil-Am Flash”
    TJ Perkins

And here comes some calvary for both Jack Gallagher and Noam Dar! The first WWE Cruiserweight Champion TJ Perkins comes running down the ramp, but Ariya Daivari is blocking entrance at the ringside area. It won’t stop the winner of the Cruiserweight Classic as he comes into Daivari with a hurricanrana that sends him into the steel steps. Now Perkins enters the ring breaking the submission hold that Gulak has on Jack Gallagher. Perkins going straight after The Ultimate Technician as their rivalry just came to a head one night ago. He doesn’t get too many shots in as Nese pulls him off, and Kendrick comes running with a big boot to The Fil-Am Flash. Nese, Gulak, and Kendrick all picking a target and sticking to it with Daivari also joining in on the attack. The crowd letting their voices known still as they boo the four men, but their is no effect to their plan. Kendrick sets Perkins up in one corner, Gulak with Dar in another, and Daivari with Gallagher in another as Nese pulls down his knee pads. The Premier Athlete comes in with The Running Kneese to Perkins! Then to Dar! And finally to Gallagher! After the finishing maneuver, the four men all stand in the center of the ring. Kendrick yelling that it’s their time to shine as we are taken into commercial.

Out Of Contenders

“Break Orbit (Remix)
    WWE Cruiserweight Champion Neville

At the top of the third hour, WWE Cruiserweight Champion Neville is in the ring with a microphone in hand.

Well, well, well… Look who is STILL your WWE Cruiserweight Champion!

Neville laughs into the microphone as he holds onto his championship. Walking circles in the ring to ensure every man, woman, and child gets a view at the belt that made its debut last night. He’s about to speak when a Mustafa Ali chant breaks out causing the champion to halt. He angrily yells into the microphone over the hot crowd.

Neville:
    Who?! Did you mean Cedric Alexander who I embarrassed so bad last week he asked for time off? Maybe Lince Dorado or Gran Metalik although neither man can walk after their Last Luchador Standing Match? Perhaps one of the seven men you just saw earlier - proving they’re way too busy with their boring never ending fighting? The Authority of 205 Live - Austin Aries - who has come out here week after week hinting he might step into this ring in the near future? Well, here’s a newsflash - that man can only see out of one eye. It says twelve weeks, not two. Stay behind your desk and away from my championship.

(Michael Cole: I can confirm Aries was going to be out here later tonight making an announcement regarding his personal status, but it seems Neville had gotten ahold of the news himself!)

The crowd chanting louder for Mustafa Ali now as boos mix in. As well as chants for Austin Aries.

(Byron Saxton: I don’t think this run down is entirely necessary! You might call yourself The King of the Cruiserweights, but you’d be nothing without any of these other competitors.)

Neville:
    Oh! You mean the one win wonder I put to rest last night?! No, no. He is not coming out here. He’s spending his time at a hospital in Pittsburgh making sure I didn’t perminiately end his career. He stepped into this ring with A KING, and he helped prove why I am THE KING. No man in the back, in the next state over, or all over the world can step up to me.

It’s become almost impossible to hear who the crowd could be chanting for. Mustafa Ali chants, Cedric Alexander chants, Austin Aries chants, and even Rey Mysterio chants filling the Raw arena. Neville speaking louder to try and overshadow the vocal WWE Universe.

Neville:
    You can chant for whoever you want. You can hope for whoever you want. No man is coming in between me and this championship. I stood by this cruiserweight style for years, and they get the glory of it with the Cruiserweight Classic? No man apart of that fraud of a tournament will come even close to this belt. I worked for your attention for almost two years. I worked for this on my shoulder for almost two years. I didn’t wrestle four times, in a three month span, to win this championship. I WORKED for it. You can boo me all you want because you were not here for me when I wanted this to be a reality. Management can disrespect me because, guess what, I have zero respect for them. I run this division - I run 205 Live - I run circles around all of these other cruiserweights.

Neville pauses for a moment, placing the Cruiserweight Championship on the mat.

Neville:
    They can go on a knee, kiss the championship, and bow down to THEIR KING.

Neville’s music begins playing again with the crowd booing. Neville yelling at them all while commentary talks over them.

(Corey Graves: Neville is THE Cruiserweight. You cannot disagree with anything he just said.)

(Byron Saxton: What about this, Corey? TJ Perkins and Noam Dar have been wrestling since they were teenagers. The Brian Kendrick is a former competitor in WWE. This has to be some sort of a joke.)

(Michael Cole: Joking or not, Neville is not playing around and it’s hard to discredit him.)

Mick Foley announced Kevin Owens will defend the Universal Championship versus Roman Reigns at the Royal Rumble
    Rusev defeated Big Cass
    Nia Jax attacked Sasha Banks when discussing her loss to Charlotte Flair one night ago
    Sheamus. Cesaro, and The New Day defeated The Club and The Shining Stars
    Titus O’Neil and Sin Cara ended in a draw when Braun Strowman attacked
    Bayley defeated Charlotte Flair
    Roman Reigns and Seth Rollins defeated Kevin Owens and Chris Jericho

Next Pay-Per-View:

Royal Rumble
    January 29th, 2017

Stay reading for what the Cruiserweights will be doing.

Charismatic Enigma

Status

205 Live
    December 20th, 2016

Looking For A Fresh Challenger

“Ambition and Vision”
    "The Greatest Man That Has Ever Lived"
    The Authority of 205 Live Austin Aries

With his music already blaring, Austin Aries is in the ring with a microphone in hand.

(Mauro Ranallo: Welcome to this week's edition of 205 Live! Aries is in the ring with an update of “The Prince” Mustafa Ali.)

He signals for the music to be stopped, so he can speak to the WWE Universe.

“The Greatest Man That Has Ever Lived”

Last night, Neville mentioned my injury being a lot more serious than it is. It is the unfortunate truth, but it is not what matters tonight. What matters is the future of this cruiserweight division and who is next challenger will be. Two nights ago, Neville and Mustafa Ali met each other in what I believe is one of the best Cruiserweight matches in the history of this division dating back to WCW. Unfortunately, when it seemed he was just seconds away from winning, Mustafa Ali suffered a terrible injury ending the match. We didn’t have an update last night, but I do have one right now. The doctor’s have told me that Mustafa Ali --

“Break Orbit (Remix)”

Before Austin Aries can finish his statement, he is interrupted by Neville. The King of the Cruiserweights stands on stage with his new championship over his shoulder and a microphone in hand.

The doctors have told you what, Austin? That he is not a worthy competitor? That he is not the Cruiserweight star the WWE Universe wants him to be? Oh, oh. Is it that the beating I gave him forced him to retire? Give me the good news, Austin.

The crowd boos the champion with Austin Aries speaking over them.

Austin Aries:
    Neville, first things first, this is serious and I don’t want you out here making a joke out of this especially because you’re not exactly on my good side after your stunt last night. The bad news for you, and the good news for everyone else, is that Mustafa Ali is not as injured as everyone believed. Ali has a concussion that will keep him out for at least two weeks, but it’s known that he does want you Neville. And I may just give him to you.

Neville:
    Woah, woah. Hold on a second there, Austin. You may just let the poor excuse of a wrestler back in a ring with me again? No, no. It seems you forgot how this division works. It is earned to step inside of the ring with The King of the Cruiserweights.

(Corey Graves: Neville isn't wrong about that one. Nothing I respect more than a champion who respects the rules too!)

Neville:
    If anything - I deserve a break. I deserve a paid weeks vacation far far away from this place. I deserve a raise with a salary like John Cena just for getting in the ring with him.

Austin Aries:
    Well, I have unfortunate news for you, Neville. This is a show that I run, and I intend to make sure my champion is the best one in this whole company. And since I am not the man with that belt - you’re going to act like a damn champion. You're right, everything is earned within the cruiserweight division. Mustafa Ali will need to earn another championship match with you, but there were four men who were victorious two nights ago and they want a shot at you. And they’re gonna get it! In tonight’s main event - Noam Dar, Jack Gallagher, Tony Nese, and Drew Gulak will all vye for a spot to challenge you for the Cruiserweight Championship next week on 205 Live!

(Mauro Ranallo: What a huge announcement! The WWE Cruiserweight Championship will be on the line next week!)

(Corey Graves: Imagine Neville versus any of those four men. My pick has to be the best cruiserweight around - Jack Gallagher.)

Austin continues on.

Austin Aries:
    Now. Leave the mic behind and get in this ring while I find you a suitable opponent. Next time think before you talk about your boss.

Aries throws down the mic and leaves the ring. As he walks up the ramp, he and Neville share a look with Aries pointing towards the ramp. Neville’s music playing again as he holds up the championship to a chorus of boos while entering. Suddenly, the music is cut off when Aries has one more thing to say.

Austin Aries:
    Oh and Mustafa Ali WILL be on Raw next week. He may not be cleared to wrestle in that ring, but he has told me when he is that he’s coming for you.

VERSUS
    Non-Title Match
    “The International Superstar” Sin Cara versus “The King of the Cruiserweights” WWE Cruiserweight Champion Neville

As Neville waited for his opponent, it would be Sin Cara that was chosen by The Authority of 205 Live. Corey Graves mentioned that Sin Cara was not mentioned in The King’s rant against the division last night, so this could very well be The International Superstar showing that he can go toe to toe with the champion. Sin Cara showing off speed by ducking under clotheslines, avoiding superkicks, and countering a frankensteiner. The International Superstar taking down the champion with his own huge deadlift powerbomb. The crowd strongly behind Sin Cara for what was really the first time in awhile, but Neville changed it with a simple tug at the mask. The masked man quickly backed away from the competition allowing the champion to come in by pushing him shoulder first into the steel post. A dirty mindset is all Neville needed as he would pull Sin Cara to the mat, lock on the Rings of Saturn, and defeating the man with sudden ease.

(Mauro Ranallo: That mask is sacred in lucha libre wrestling, and I cannot believe Neville took advantage of that!)

(Corey Graves: Advantages get you wins, Mauro. Bow to the king!)

In Neville’s celebration, he practically reiterates what Corey just said on commentary. The King of the Cruiserweights yelling at the 205 Live to bow to him. The segment ending as he shows off his championship to anyone that can see. That same championship he will be defending in exactly one week.

Interview Pit…

We cut backstage to Charly Caruso ready to interview a top star in the Cruiserweight division.

The Official Correspondent of 205 Live
    Charly Caruso:

Please welcome my guest at this time as he prepares for his huge main event match later tonight - the Man of Honor - Jack Gallagher.

Jack Gallagher enters the scene in ring gear ready for action.

Charly Caruso:
    Jack, you are entering a Fatal Four Way Match later tonight against friend Noam Dar and new found foes Tony Nese and Drew Gulak. Where is your mind at heading into such an important match?

“Man of Honor”
    Jack Gallagher:

Last night’s attack from The Premier Athlete and The Ultimate Technician proved something last night - The Brian Kendrick and Ariya Daivari do great work at convincing the small minded. I had zero issues with Nese and Gulak, I enjoyed my competition with Tony last night, but now I’m going to stand up for what I believe in. In tonight’s fatal four way, I am wrestling my way into getting the championship match. I won’t let my emotion and issues with Nese and Gulak nor my friendship with Noam Dar stop me from getting my championship match versus Neville.

Charly Caruso;
    Thank you and good luck tonig--

Suddenly, Charly Caruso is cut off.

??:
    Small minded? Someone just woke up on the wrong side of the bed huh?

And into the shot comes Tony Nese and Drew Gulak.

“The Ultimate Technician”
    Drew Gulak:

Tony Nese and I did nothing out of the ordinary last night, we have always been RUTHLESS. You buried your own grave after you attacked me for supporting my friend?

“The Premier Athlete”
    Tony Nese:

In case if you didn’t know - I’m Tony Nese. The guy you were wrestling… When I wasn’t dominating you last night. If you think you're getting past us then you're the small minded one.

Then, another voice.

??:
    Dominating? I only remember you in a little ball then losing seconds later.

And it’s the fourth competitor of tonight’s main event - Noam Dar.

“The Scottish Supernova”
    Noam Dar:

Tony, Drew. You can walk in here and say how everything you did last night was just top of the line. I’ve got some news for you. You lost then you attacked me from behind. That is far from something to be proud of. I think I speak for Jack Gallagher and I that tonight is a different story.

Jack Gallagher:
    We’re prepared.

Noam Dar:
    We’re fighters.

Jack Gallagher:
    We’re angry.

Noam Dar:
    We’re hungry.

Dar and Gallagher doing the type of promo we saw from Drew Gulak and Tony Nese just one week ago. Both The Ultimate Technician and The Premier Athlete at a loss of words as they just release a furious grunt before walking off the set. Then, The Scottish Supernova and the Man Of Honor look at each other.

Noam Dar:
    May the best man win.

Jack Gallagher:
    So he shall.

The two men shake hands before they both step off leaving us with Charly Caurso.

Charly Caurso:
    There you have it. An action-packed main event as any one of those four men will challenge WWE Cruiserweight Champion Neville next week.

VERSUS
    Singles Match
    “The Fil-Am Flash” TJ Perkins versus “The Self-Proclaimed Paramount” Ariya Daivari with The Brian Kendrick

After the attack last night, TJ Perkins asked for a match with either The Self-Proclaimed Paramount or The Man With A Plan. He received the former. Commentary reminded us that Daivari is currently zero and two with the WWE Cruiserweight Championship. That record probably played a factor, alongside with The Brian Kendrick being ringside, to a very aggressive offense from Ariya Daivari. Daivari knowing the chain wrestling of Perkins as he gets in control first with a side headlock. Daivari with the control puts Perkins against the ropes followed by a knee into the gut. Then a right hand against the jaw of Perkins. Followed by slingshotting the throat of Perkins up into the bottom rope securing some control over his opponent. Ariya introduces the camel clutch as apart of his moveset to the WWE audience, the knowledge known to all that his favorite body part to attack being the lower back. Daivari keeping up as plenty thought the match would be over after Ariya frog splashed onto the back of Perkins, but the first Cruiserweight Champion successfully kicked out keeping the match alive. He then avoided Daivari’s backstabber and began his comeback against The Self-Proclaimed Paramount. Perkins blocking everything Ariya’s arsenal. Stopping a right hand from Ariya with his own. Catching a kick from Daivari into a corkscrew kick. The Self-Proclaimed Paramount throwing Perkins except The Fil-Am Flash would turn it around halfway through to instead throw his opponent. Perkins keeping his momentum going with his wrecking ball dropkick believing it would set up for The Detonation Kick. When lifting Daivari to his shoulders, Perkins suddenly dropped him and fell to a knee. It allowed perfect capitalization for Kendrick’s apprentice to connect with a straight-jacket backstabber to gain a clean victory over TJ.

Winner: Ariya Daivari

(Corey Graves: The curse is broken! Ariya Daivari wins one over TJ Perkins!)

(Mauro Ranallo: It doesn’t take Albert Einstein to see how that one happened. The back of Perkins gave out basically awarding Ariya the win.)

(Corey Graves: Don’t try to downplay this! Ariya won!)

While Corey Graves and Mauro Ranallo bicker, Kendrick is yelling into the camera. The Man With A Plan saying they will be the next Cruiserweight Champions and management will not hold them down any longer. Perkins sitting in the corner of the ring holding onto his lower back as he suffers a disappointing loss once more.

Coming Soon…

“Strawberry Moon”

A montage of maneuvers appears on the screen for this incoming Cruiserweight star and former competitor in the inaugural Cruiserweight Classic.

The star countering Gran Metalik’s handspring back elbow with a dropkick.

Countering a sunset flip powerbomb from Jack Gallagher into a shining wizard.

Him connecting with a suicide dive to Metalik.

The Japanese star connecting with a bicycle kick to the Man Of Honor.

Finally, the incoming star connecting with a deadlift German Suplex to The Last Luchador Standing.

“The Stamina Monster”
    Akira Tozawa

VERSUS VERSUS VERSUS
    Fatal Four Way Match; The Winner Challenges Neville Next Week
    “Man Of Honor” Jack Gallagher versus “The Premier Athlete” Tony Nese versus “The Ultimate Technician” Drew Gulak versus “The Scottish Supernova” Noam Dar
    Neville On Commentary

From the start, this match became chaotic as a brawl was underway. Dar and Gallagher going straight after Nese and Gulak with dual takedowns. Some work on the two heels would leave the two friends together in the ring. Dar and Gallagher proved that the championship was above their friendship immediately locking up to get the upper hand over the other man. Except the grappling only put Nese back into the action and drivers seat taking down both men with a springboard clothesline. The Premier Athlete taking out both men while Gulak goes to his feet and helps his tag team partner. Gulak trying to choke out Noam Dar while Gallagher is being punished by the power of Tony Nese. The partners still checking up on the other, formulating their game plan while they continue with firm control. The friendship and domination lasted until Nese connected with The Running Kneese to Jack Gallagher, and Drew Gulak broke up the pinfall from The Premier Athlete. Nese and Gulak would begin shoving each other resulting in Gulak slapping Nese and quickly locking on the Dragon Sleeper onto his friend. Graves made a comment regarding that their friendship is fine and this is for a huge championship opportunity. Dar would break up the submission with a diving foot stomp onto Tony taking him out of the competition. That left Noam Dar and Drew Gulak as the only two men standing. The match took a moment to slow down allowing the crowd to breathe as Gulak and Dar fought for power. Then, it took a turn as Dar is thrown off the ropes beginning to leapfrog over Gulak into a hip toss followed by a shining wizard. Then, Gallagher re-entered to only eat the Nova Roller from The Scottish Supernova. The one moment to take out his tag team partner allowed The Ultimate Technician to pull down Noam Dar into his signature Gu-Lock he used earlier on Tony Nese. Right when it seemed the young cruiserweight would tap out, he instead brought his weight back; grounding the back of Gulak. The Pittsburgh born star did not catch on as the referee counts three awarding Dar the contendership.

Winner and Challenging Neville at 205 Live Next Week: Noam Dar

(Corey Graves: Woah! Woah! There’s no way that counts! Drew Gulak had no idea that his shoulders were on the mat.)

Corey Graves words were from a lie as his facial expressions painted the picture. Gulak sitting in the mat with his hands distraught running down his beard yelling at the referee. The referee explaining that he did his job and that’s all there is to it.

(Mauro Ranallo: Corey, you know that two shoulders were on the mat. Noam Dar is facing off against Neville next week!)

The referee holds up the hand of Noam Dar as Gallagher is shown sitting against the barricade. Drew Gulak is helping out Tony Nese on the outside. Dar now climbs to the middle rope, looking at Neville, and then kissing his wrist.

(Neville: This is what Austin Aries calls competition? I call Noam Dar a stepping stone into defeating every single Cruiserweight in this division.)

Neville takes off the headset and steps up onto the commentary table. He holds up the Cruiserweight Championship while Noam Dar looks on at the strap. The show ending in the staredown as the match happens next week!

Next Pay-Per-View:

Royal Rumble
    January 29th, 2017

Backyarder

Status
      Country                    Scotland

Figured I'd drop in some comments in return for you doing so in my thread. First impressions are that your layout and formatting is really cool, a very unique and different look to this thread. And very easy to follow along with too. I'll also take this time to point out I'm not the biggest follower of the current WWE product (which might explain why I'm doing an Attitude Era thread!) but I'm familiar enough with most of the characters and I figure I'll pick up the rest of them as we go. Anyway, onto the review...

Aries as an authority figure is an interesting move, is that something from real life or something you've brought into the thread? I thought he was criminally underused by the WWE during his time there, he could have easily moved further up the ranks on Raw as well as his exploits with the Cruiserweights. Aries as a face laying down the law to Neville (another who was really underused in real life WWE) seems far enough, certainly the way you had Neville retain his title at the pay per view via a referee stoppage is a bold step, but really puts Neville over strong and makes his look pretty dangerous. Cruiserweight four ways are always fast paced, high action affairs, but sensing that the winner of the match will only be a filler feud for Neville to keep him occupied next week until Ali returns from his injury. But yeah, a fine opening segment, set the main event up and also showed some tension between Aries and Neville.

Pretty dastardly way for Neville to get the win over Sin Cara by going for the mask, although I'm guessing Cara isn't much of a force in the division right now? But yeah, the manner of the victory once again puts over how much of a wrong 'un Neville is. The champ gets a win, sticking it to Aries in the process by overcoming a mystery opponent at short notice and looking pretty strong in the process. Like I said, I fully expect Neville to win next week and once again send a message of how he'll go to any lengths to hang onto his title.

Interesting way of presenting the interview with all four men in the main event, with the various interruptions giving all four a chance to have their say and their moment to shine. From what I can gather, Gulak and Nese is a new partnership, although they are also aligned with Kendrick and Daivari. Have I got that right? Any reason or explanation why those four are together given it still seems pretty new? Maybe that's something I've missed, or maybe it's still to come? But yeah, would be good to know how "Ruthless" has come together like this. As for the promo, Gallagher and Dar came out of it looking pretty good, one of them seems to be the likeliest winner tonight given the way this interview transpired.

Liked the psychology of the Daivari/Perkins match, Daivari working the back with the camel clutch and other attacks during the match leading to Perkins unable to fully catch his finisher and then ultimately losing the match was really well written. And the fact it was a clean victory of course looks good for Daivari. Interesting that Perkins has now suffered two defeats in three nights, and you made a focus of how he was dejected and disappointed after the bell. Is this a storyline brewing or just a slump for Perkins? Interesting to see where you go with that.

Onto the main event, good to see Noam Dar get the win, he's someone I'm familiar with and has always impressed me. Both partnerships and friendships went out the window pretty quickly, which in a way puts over how important the title is to these men. Finish was interesting, not particularly strong, more a show of smarts and good ring presence from Dar to shift his weight and get the shoulders down. In a way, almost a fluke win that stokes the fire of the feud between the four men involved for a future tag team match. But in another way, that shows Noam has very little chance of victory next week against Neville. But the staredown between the two to end things is a good visual to bring the show to a close and get things started for next week.

Overall, the show is pretty short and sweet and that makes it an enjoyable read. Like I said earlier, the presentation is spot on, a great balance of pictures and colours to break up the text. I think the only real thing I was lacking was a reason for this apparent partnership between the "Ruthless" guys, that could do with some more explanation. But apart from that I picked everything up fine I think, Neville is clearly the star of the show right now and Aries seems the only one capable of doing any real damage to him to keep him in check. But everyone seems to have a place and a role, so that's good roster utilisation. It was a fun read, I'll try my best to check it out more often!

Drink the Kool-Aid

Status

Opening up with Austin Aries is a fine way to start the show, especially since I thought it was a little strange that he didn’t make his announcement on Raw. AA’s injury being pushed out sucks in terms of not getting him in the ring, but with the dynamic being built between Aries and Neville, a 3-6 month slow burn angle could be amazing. Anyway, Neville interrupting Aries regarding Ali was all fine, and AA putting Neville in his place a little was a great way for this segment to end. Can’t wait until these two finally get in the ring, but I definitely think you should push it out as long as possible, because their current situation is too much fun. Looking forward to see how you book Ali from here as well and Gallagher/Neville next week should be fun assuming he wins later on.

Poor Sin Cara. If I remember correctly, he really does seem to be the resident jobber. Oh well, somebody has to do it. A good win here for Neville, and I enjoyed the use of the mask just to keep things creative. Good stuff all around.

Fun interview with all four men in tonight’s main event getting involved. Gallagher and Doar mocking Nese and Gulak was pretty entertaining. I guess whilst I’m here I need to mention that similar to Imac but slightly different, I want to know why Nese and Gulak are working Kendrick and Daivari. Was that just a once off? I think that needs an explanation moving forward.

Damn. In my opinion, a win over Perkins is huge for Daivari, not just because of the curse, but because Perkins is the former champion. Daivari/Kendrick look to have promising things ahead despite their loss at Roadblock, and that makes me happy. As for Perkins, I don’t really mind seeing him slide down the totem pole because his lack of charisma bores me to death. So yeah, good work here.

Tozawa would be a solid addition to the show. Would love to see you bring in some Cruiserweight talent that isn’t currently used in the E as well. Just to freshen the roster up a little more.

Main event would have been a typical, fast paced, multi man Cruiserweight treat. I enjoyed the ending with Nese being so close but Doar getting the awesome counter. Noam/Neville next week should be a hell of a contest as well. Fun way to end the show.

Things continue to flow on pretty nicely here. Another really good show which did everything that it needed to do, and I look forward to seeing what happens next. Keep up the good work.

No Easy Way Out

Status
      Country                    Ireland

Thanks for the feedback in my thread the other day. I’ve been keeping an eye on this thread for a while after seeing it consistently placing high in the BTBOTM rankings, and there’s probably not a better time for me to return the favour. I’m not completely in-sync with the 205 division in real life, so I’m still not completely familiar with quite a few guys here, so forgive me for any mistakes.

First off, I love the idea of A Double as the authority figure over 205 Live, keeping him busy whilst he’s injured. He’s got the most personality of everyone on the Cruiserweight roster, and having him in this role allows you to build him up and have everyone familiar with who he is before he get involved in the ring. Him introducing a new Cruiserweight title at Roadblock, in the image of the world titles was a nice touch. Personally, I don’t like all the belts looking the same, but I do like the meaning behind why you would do it, putting the 205 division on the same level as the Raw and Smackdown titles.

Neville has been excellent in this thread too. I’m glad you’ve followed the ‘King of the Cruiserweights’ gimmick for him, and his opening line about the doctors telling Aries that Ali wasn’t a worthy challenger was great. I should also note that I enjoyed Nevilles promo on Raw too, with it seeming like he’s all out of contenders at this point in time. Four way tonight sounds promising, playing off what happened on Raw, and the tease of Ali being on Raw was a surprise, and adds a hook for Raw next week.

Sin Cara getting pretty easily beaten by Neville was a surprise. That said, Sin Cara hasn’t been too heavily focused on. I do wonder if Neville targeting the mask is a tease for something bigger down the road, or just a way to put over how heinous and disrespectful Neville is.

I really like the pairings you have on the show with Dar & Gallagher, Nese & Gulak & RUTHLESS. Seems to be the foundations for a potential tag division on 205 Live maybe? I especially liked Nese & Gulak trying to create their own catchphrase at Roadblock, and it’s something I imagine eventually getting over and catching on. Dar & Gallagher too seem to have a good chemistry in this thread. Enjoyable segment between the four here, setting the scene for the four way, though I wonder what‘ll happen when it eventually comes down to the partners being left alone in the ring together.

Things appear to be going from bad to worse for TJP. It’s almost as if Perkins could do with a partner, after succumbing to the numbers at Roadblock, and the beating he took on Raw. At least, that’s where it feels like this is heading for Perkins. Very surprised Daivari got the clean win here, though he needed it after being 0-2 against Perkins. I’m a big fan of you making a big deal over win/loss records like this - makes it feel like wins and losses matter, and makes the win for Daivari here feel like a much bigger deal. Also a big fan of the back work coming into play and playing a big part in the finish of the match - and makes a lot of sense, considering Daivari‘s finisher.

Tozawa should be a massive addition to the roster when he comes along.

Enjoyed the write up of the main event. As you’d expect, the faces had no qualms about facing off, whilst it took Gulak to stop Nese’s pin for them to go at it. The finish was well done, giving Dar the win, whilst Gulak has an ‘out’ by saying he was caught by surprise. Two goals accomplished in the end; setting up Dar as the next challenger, and giving the heel an excuse for the loss, adding to the burgeoning tag feud between the four men. Could also add a little more intrigue for next week by saying Dar could pull a victory out of nowhere off the back of this shock win - but I don’t see him as anything more than a time filler contender.

You can expect more from me from here on in. I waited too long to drop you some comments, but this is a fun thread to follow & very unique amongst the crowd.

Charismatic Enigma

Status

Monday Night Raw
    December 26th, 2016

Before the show…

WWE Cameras caught the following interaction between TJ Perkins and Ariya Daivari.

“The Fil-Am Flash”
    TJ Perkins:

What do you want? In here for some attack before I go against your buddy tonight?

“The Self-Proclaimed Paramount”
    Ariya Daivari:

Not at all, TJ. The Brian Kendrick actually does not know I’m here to talk to you. The truth is we never wanted to attack you… Because we see something in you. You’re a strong-willed guy deep down. We know you’re a real fighter unlike Gallagher and Dar. We just need to get you away from them. Like you think I wanted to beat on 205 Live? No but you brought it upon yourself.

TJ Perkins:
    Woah, woah. Gallagher and Dar are some of the best in that ring whether anyone in your little group wants to accept that. And let me remind you, I’ve beaten you twice before last Tuesday. Now I'm going to beat Kendrick tonight.

Ariya Daivari:
    You’re missing the point, TJ. You’re putting friendship above your goals. You say Gallagher and Dar are some of the best, but will they ever be a Cruiserweight Champion like you? No. Noam Dar will probably tap out in two seconds tomorrow night! You need to seperate from the little guys and join the pack of wolves.

TJ Perkins:
    Maybe you’re missing the point, Daivari. You think Kendrick cares about getting you towards that championship? No, he wants it for himself because he failed his first time around. I’m sticking with Jack and Noam, and we’re coming for you four. But that comes after I make your “friend” tap out tonight.

Ariya Daivari:
    Just remember this, Perkins. You are NOT the issue…

Daivari would out of the locker room. TJ shaking his head in disapproval that The Self-Proclaimed Paramount even thinks he could turn The Fil-Am Flash’s ways against him.

VERSUS
    Singles Match
    “The Fil-Am Flash” TJ Perkins versus “The Man With A Plan” The Brian Kendrick

The opening contest of Monday Night Raw features the cruiserweights in some pure singles action. After his altercation with Daivari before Raw, Mick Foley notified TJ Perkins that everyone will be banned from ringside. It is solely Perkins, Kendrick, and the referee tonight. The Fil-Am Flash and The Man With A Plan quickly lock up as each man tries to get control. Unfortunately for Perkins, The Brian Kendrick takes the heel route by taking a shot at Perkins lower back. Cole reminding the audience from home that Daivari secured a victory last Tuesday after a targeted assault on the body area. Except this time Perkins was prepared to fight back. His offense may have been limited, but it was enough to almost secure him a victory multiple times throughout the contest. Multiple counters like Kendrick’s side slam countered into a headscissors by TJ. His signature wrecking ball dropkick perfectly setting up TJ for his finishing Detonation Kick. He was unable to connect thanks to an eye rake from Kendrick. Followed by a headbutt and a big boot, Brian owned control of this contest until the very ending. Brian running up the corner for the Sliced Bread #2 when Perkins would throw Kendrick to the outside instead. The Fil-Am Flash immediately jumping over the top rope to the outside with a somersault onto The Brian Kendrick. Perkins is moments away from victory when he is being continuously cat-called by someone in the front row… It’s Ariya Daivari! Perkins is distracted yelling at Kendrick’s partner to leave the ringside area just long enough for Kendrick to pull down TJ into the Captain’s Hook! Perkins searches for the ropes, clawing at the mat to try and get closer to the ropes, but he is forced to tap out and take the loss to Kendrick. The man’s plan worked perfectly.

Winner: The Brian Kendrick

Ariya Daivari slides into the ring as Brian Kendrick is not breaking the submission hold. The Self-Proclaimed Paramount stomping down on Perkins while he is in the midst of still tapping to The Man With A Plan.

(Byron Saxton: Not this again! C’mon, I thought you weren't’t going after Perkins!)

The Fil-Am Flash yelling out when Jack Gallagher and Noam Dar come running down the ramp. They get to the ringside area when suddenly both men are clobbered with clotheslines… It’s Tony Nese and Drew Gulak!

(Corey Graves: Oh my goodness! That was awesome! Someone give a Slammy to Tony Nese and Drew Gulak for the best orchestrated attack of the year.)

The duo waiting in just the right moment to outsmart Gallagher and Dar . It leaves Perkins as a man to be dissected by RUTHLESS and their newfound allies. Kendrick finally releasing his submission hold for Ariya Daivari to lock on his camel clutch. The back of Perkins being wrenched with the first Cruiserweight Champion tapping out on the knee pad of his enemy. The Self-Proclaimed Paramount only wrenches back further. Nese and Gulak egging on the Persian superstar when they are both pulled out of the ring by Dar and Gallagher respectively. At the same time now the duo throws Nese and Gulak into steel steps taking them out of the equation. Sliding into the ring, Jack Gallagher runs into Brian Kendrick with a dropkick into the chest. Dar coming into the side of Daivari’s head with his Nova Roller to break up the submission hold. RUTHLESS leaving the ring as they join up with Nese and Gulak. The music of Jack Gallagher playing over their exit while the duo checks on TJ Perkins.

(Michael Cole: The bad blood from two rivalries has been absorbed into one massive feud. Gallagher, Dar, and Perkins won’t be done with their enemies after tonight.)

Coming Soon…

“Strawberry Moon”

A montage of maneuvers appears on the screen for this incoming Cruiserweight star.

Finally, the incoming star connecting with a deadlift German Suplex to The Last Luchador Standing.

“The Stamina Monster”
    Akira Tozawa

Not Backing Down Now

“Go Hard”
    “The Prince”
    Mustafa Ali

Inside of the ring - in full ring gear - is Mustafa Ali. While he is not cleared for in-ring competition, he has something on his mind and plans to speak to his hometown.

“The Prince”
    Mustafa Ali:

At Roadblock, I was moments away from winning the WWE Cruiserweight Championship. I was standing on top of that rope…

Ali says pointing at corner that is at the top right of the hard camera.

Mustafa Ali:
    Holding Neville up on track to win when I was thrown to the outside, knocked out, and deemed unable to finish the match.

Ali brings the his arm down, takes a deep breath, and speaks slowly into the microphone while looking at the hard camera.

(Corey Graves: Here we go again! You lost! Get over it and leave!)

(Byron Saxton: For once someone else is able to talk in the cruiserweight division. Quiet down, Graves.)

Mustafa Ali:
    But I am moving right now and I'm looking to finish it so Neville… GET DOWN HERE AND BE THE CHAMPION YOU SAY YOU ARE!

Ali says with a fire behind his voice. The crowd cheering The Prince’s challenge to Neville with a slight chant breaking out for the champions name. A minute passes and there is still nothing from The King of the Cruiserweights.

Mustafa Ali:
    That’s what I thought. You see, Neville, you come out here week after week preaching that nobody deserves to face you in the ring… Until you get a real challenger. You know that if you did not throw me out of the ring last Sunday, I would be here with your championship around my waist.

The crowd cheers at the idea of Mustafa Ali being the owner of the WWE Cruiserweight Championship.

Mustafa Ali:
    I am not medically cleared tonight. I will not be medically cleared tomorrow. I can assure you one thing though - I am doing everything in my power to get inside of this ring and wrestling again next week. And I challenge you to a match, Neville.

The crowd once again cheers for their hometown patron while Michael Cole puts over the challenge.

(Michael Cole: The Royal Rumble sets up everything for Wrestlemania. Mustafa Ali defeating Neville at the Royal Rumble could secure the Chicago native as the champion for The Grandest Stage of Them All.)

Mustafa Ali:
    I know you’re a man who needs some type of incentive because you think you’re so much better than everyone else… I don’t care about the stipulation, I don’t care if you want the match in a parking lot or in the Alamo… All I care about is winning that Cruiserweight Championship. Next Monday, when I am medically cleared, step into this ring with me and accept my challenge.

Ali ends his statement getting louder. Sternness in his voice. His music playing signaling the end of the promo as he drops the microphone. The Prince climbing to the second rope, pointing at the WWE Universe of his hometown, and signals that the Cruiserweight Championship will be around his waist.

(Corey Graves: How stupid is Mustafa Ali? Yes, he can wrestle. But he knows that he cannot out wrestle The King!)

After Mustafa’s promo, we cut backstage to Neville watching on a television screen. The Cruiserweight Championship over his shoulder as Noam Dar enters the scene. He and Neville share a look before The Scottish Supernova walks past The King of the Cruiserweight. Not without patting on the championship.

Cesaro & Sheamus retained the RAW Tag Team Championship over The New Day
    Nia Jax defeated local talent
    Charlotte defeated Bayley with special guest referee Dana Brooke
    Rusev and Jinder Mahal brawl with Enzo Amore and Big Cass as their verbal-turned-physical feud continues
    Braun Strowman attacked Bo Dallas, Darren Young, and The Shining Stars before his match
    Braun Strowman defeated Seth Rollins by DQ
    Luke Gallows & Karl Anderson defeated The Golden Truth
    Roman Reigns defeated Kevin Owens to retain the WWE United States Championship

Next Pay-Per-View:

Royal Rumble
    January 29th, 2017

No Easy Way Out

Status

Nice progression of the ongoing issues in the division on Raw.

Thought it was clever having Daivari in the front row to get around the orders of Mick Foley regarding the ban on ringside. Clever stuff. The pre-match stuff with Daivari & TJ was intriguing too, and as he keeps getting beat up, you wonder if Perkins will eventually have enough and side with RUTHLESS in the end.

For the time being, the alliance between RUTHLESS, Nese & Gulak is developing nicely, and that multi man feud promises some great match ups in the coming weeks.

Good promo from Ali too. Neville not answering him was a surprise, but I expect some follow up for 205 Live.

Drink the Kool-Aid

Status

Hey, it’s my birthday episode of Raw. Awesome, better leave some comments…

Absolutely LOVED this opening segment between Perkins and Daivari. Daivari trying to convince TJ to join up with he and Kendrick is awesome, and some of his attempts at convincing TJ were pretty spot on as well. TJ playing the clean cut face who doesn’t show any interest in joining the dark side was the right way to play this… I do hope in the future TJ might think about joining the dark side, because much like his face run irl, he does come off as a little bland. Still awesome start here, looking forward to seeing this angle progress.

Kendrick getting the win over Perkins thanks to Daivari plays in to tonight’s earlier confrontation. Good booking all around here and all of the attacks afterward did a good job of establishing how much of a threat this new heel alliance is. Good stuff, although I would like to hear a little more about why they are now all together. Promo time please.

Really looking forward to seeing how you incorporate another awesome talent like Tozawa in this thread.

Ali promo was okay in terms of continuing his feud with Neville, however I didn’t really understand what he was getting at it when he said if Neville didn’t push him off the rope, he’d be champ… Well, Neville did push you off because you were in a wrestling match. Just felt like what actually happened in the match doesn’t completely fit the “I was this close” scenario. Still, glad to see this angle is continuing because it was a lot of fun in the lead up to Roadblock.

Another solid Raw here with all of the angles progressing well. Love the way you use a majority of the roster even in the limited screen time you’ve got. Keep it up, Rasky,

Rusev Day

Status
      Country                    England

205 Live 205 Live Review

Just a few thoughts on your latest show Rasky.

TJ Perkins being outdone by The Brian Kendrick and Daivari was well written and I like that Gallagher and Dar tried to make the save but Nese and Gulak were quickly there to stop it. I like teaming Dar with Gallagher in a British team and one big feud between the heels and faces can work and give everyone a good spotlight for now.

Huge fan of Mustafa Ali and I enjoyed his title match with Neville, glad to see he still seems to be in the hunt for the gold. Intrigued to see what happens next week on the show between them and to see whether Ali’s challenge is accepted.

Dar as the next challenger? Now that would be a surprise. I don’t think he is one of the better workers in the division but I would be intrigued to see how you got there. Or maybe it is all a swerve and he helps Neville retain against Ali. I guess I’ll have to wait and see.

Good stuff Rasky and I’ll make sure I keep up with this!
    Twitter: @LukeGardener82 | Former BTB Overlord
    Order reviews WWE Pay Per Views

BTB Achievements
    WWE: The New Vision

Spoiler:

Charismatic Enigma

Status

As always, I appreciate the responses. Last show of 2016 begins now.

205 Live
    December 27th, 2016

VERSUS
    WWE Cruiserweight Championship
    “The Scottish Supernova” Noam Dar versus “The King of the Cruiserweights” WWE Cruiserweight Champion Neville

Kicking off the last 205 Live of the year with action is the WWE Cruiserweight Championship Match. From the get go, Neville taunted Noam Dar that he did not belong in the ring with him. The microphone in the camera picking up The King telling his opponent to go back because he is not even experienced to be in the WWE. His trash talking got under the skin of Dar resulting in the challenger firmly slapping the champion for the bit of physicality in this match. To say that slap was as physical as it got would be an understatement. Dar taking down Neville looking for The Champagne Super Kneebar, but the champion rolled out of the ring avoiding the submission. Then, for the first time since his WWE debut, Noam Dar comes to the outside with a suicide dive into Neville. The champion would be sent into the ring receiving non-stop offense from Dar. A snap suplex, fisherman suplex, and northern lights suplex rounding out a fiery offense from the young competitor. Noam then successfully locked on his finishing Champagne Super Kneebar with the crowd strongly behind him. A strong belief that the champion would tap out to Dar, but Neville would turn to his back and free his leg to kick away the challenger. Both men popped up to their feet resulting in Neville connecting with a nasty clothesline to Noam sending him inside out. The maneuver being highlighted multiple times by the commentary teams about how that could be a match ender. It would not be this time as Noam would kick out only to take a beating from The King of the Cruiserweights. Neville throwing his opponent out of the ring and using the outside environment to his advantage. Noam being sent into the steel steps and pole as well as the barricade. The assault eventually ending when Neville was met with a hurricana from Dar that sent Neville over the announce table. The match returned to the ring and it was as action-packed as ever. Dar diving from the top for a diving kick except Noam was caught with a dropkick. Unfortunately, it would not end the match. More back and forth action ensued with Neville almost tapping out to the Champagne Super Kneebar. When Neville got to the ropes, Dar broke the hold quickly then went to the corner. He taunted Neville, came running with the Nova Roller, but he was clobbered with a right hand by the champion. The Scottish Supernova would practically crumble down to the mat as Neville capitalized locking on the Rings of Saturn. The struggle was there but Dar had no choice but to tap out.

Winner and Still WWE Cruiserweight Champion: Neville

(Mauro Ranallo: What an opening contest! Noam Dar has tapped out and Neville is still your Cruiserweight Champion.)

(Corey Graves: Bow down to the king, Dar!)

Then, the bell rings again.

(Mauro Ranallo: Hold on just a second… Neville will not release the hold!)

Neville has just retained his championship, and he will not let go of the Ring of Saturn. He continues to wrench on the hold as Dar continues to announce his submission. The cameras picking up Neville once again telling his opponent to say his name. A call back to the assault on Cedric Alexander as the referee once again tries to break up the hold.

“Go Hard”
    “The Prince”
    Mustafa Ali

The music hits to a big pop from the crowd.

(Mauro Ranallo: Oh my goodness, Austin Aries warned Neville about this. Here comes Mustafa Ali!)

The camera cuts to the stage as Mustafa Ali walks out in full ring gear. We go back to Neville breaking the hold on Dar then kicking his opponent out of the ring. Neville yelling for him to get in the ring. Ali obliges as he comes running down the ramp and slides into the ring. He ducks under a clothesline, comes off the ropes, and returns with a huge dropkick! Neville goes through the middle rope to the outside as Mustafa has just taken out the champion.

(Corey Graves: Why is he out here? He’s not even medically cleared!)

The King of the Cruiserweights doesn’t even think about going near the ring once again. He is shown backing up the ramp in his seated position yelling. The camera picking up Neville telling Ali to leave his ring, but instead The Prince is celebrating for just a moment. When he does leave the ring, it’s to ensure Noam Dar is okay as he is being checked on by the medical personnel. Ali goes onto the apron, looking at Neville, and signaling the championship will be his. The segment ending with Mustafa’s music playing through the arena as The Prince continues his support for The Scottish Supernova.

Backstage...

We suddenly cut backstage to "The Man of Honor" Jack Gallagher sitting against a crate backstage holding against the back of his head.

(Mauro Ranallo: What the hell happened to Jack Gallagher?)

He is struggling to catch his breath when someone comes running with two knees to the English superstar! Now the camera pans out...

It's Tony Nese and Drew Gulak!

(Corey Graves: I am not surprised at all. Nese and Gulak are supposed to team up versus TJ Perkins and Jack Gallagher in tonight's main event!)

The two men standing proud of their work looking down at a completely knocked out Jack Gallagher.

VERSUS
    Singles Match
    “The Last Luchador Standing” Gran Metalik with Vickie Guerrero versus Jessy Sorenson

Making his first appearance in two weeks tonight it’s Gran Metalik alongside Vickie Guerrero. Under a new moniker, this match was purely a way to continue momentum. Metalik flies with the ropes help to continuously take out and destroy Sorenson. The short match coming to an end after a springboard dropkick and Metalik Driver securing that Gran Metalik is doing just fine as The Last Luchador Standing.

Winner: Gran Metalik

There is no post--match celebration by Metalik. He rolls out of the ring to Vickie Guerrero as the duo make their way up the ramp. Vickie holding up the hand of her client yelling that he’s back and coming for the championship.

Austin Aries’ Office…

Gran Metalik has secured himself a momentum forwarding victory as Austin Aries watches on within his office. A knock on the door interrupts him followed by the entry of a furious TJ Perkins.

“The Greatest Man That Has Ever Lived”

Thanks for stopping by, TJ. You already know what happened earlier tonight. Jack Gallagher was attacked while preparing for the main event. Now, I know another handicap match isn’t exactly what I had scheduled tonight. So I’m calling off the main event, and it is going to be rescheduled for next week.

Normally, any man would be okay with getting a fair contest. Perkins still looks distraught as he shakes his head at the authority.

“The Fil-Am Flash”
    TJ Perkins:

No, no. I don’t care if I need to face those two in a handicap match week in and week out. I am facing Tony Nese and Drew Gulak. This needs to end and it won’t be resolved by putting it on the back burner.

Austin Aries:
    TJ, you going through some issues with your back. You need to trust me. You’re a top star here and we cannot risk your further injury.

TJ Perkins:
    One of your top stars? Then, don’t take one of your top stars out of the main event. The main event is happening whether you like it or not.

Before Austin can even speak again, Perkins takes his fake tetris block like glasses and puts them on. He walks out of the office with Austin trying to stop him.

Austin Aries:
    TJ! I’m telling you this isn’t a good idea.

Unfortunately for Aries - The Fil-Am Flash strongly disagrees as he is ready for this Handicap Match.

Coming Soon…

“Strawberry Moon”

A montage of maneuvers appears on the screen for this incoming Cruiserweight star with a voice over from the man.

(Akira Tozawa: I am coming to the WWE to do my country proud…)

(Akira Tozawa: None of these other Cruiserweights will know what’s coming…)

(Akira Tozawa: I am a stamina monster.)

“The Stamina Monster”
    Akira Tozawa

&

VERSUS

Handicap Match

With Jack Gallagher unable to compete, we have a Roadblock: End of the Line rematch as our main event tonight. Mauro Ranallo making it known that he respects the tenacity of TJ to still participate in this match this week. Perkins and Gulak start off the contest tonight as the multi-talented former champion tries to out maneuver his opposition. Drew seemed more than ready though as he would wrestle Perkins to the mat then drive a knee into his back. In a bit of a surprising fashion, TJ returned to his feet right away and took down Gulak with a swift dropkick. Graves calling it a matter of the former champion knowing what to expect with these back attacks and he needs to fight through the pain. A much different case than last Sunday now as Perkins in in full control ensuring that Drew can get nowhere near his corner. Nese would try to taunt The Fil-Am Flash, but only resulted in getting knocked off the apron as a result. The second time proved to be more effective. Gulak had been taking serious offense with Perkins throwing everything at him, but Perkins turned his back to Nese once again resulting in him turning around to a huge bicycle kick from Drew Gulak. The Ultimate Technician pushing Perkins back into his corner before beginning to stomp into the abdomen of the filipino. Then, a tag is to Tony Nese. The duo connecting with a double suplex with ease as Nese then The Premier Athlete pulls off some technical maneuvers with a surfboard stretch. Perkins wouldn’t give up but it would perfectly set up the story of the back once again. Tony slamming down his opponent, driving knees into his back, and then connecting with an impressive 450 Splash. The contest could have ended there, but instead Drew Gulak would be tagged back in. The Ultimate Technician quickly locked on the Gu-Lock as TJ had to tap out.

Winners: Tony Nese and Drew Gulak

(Corey Graves: The best tag team in the WWE, Mauro! Don’t even throw some weird metaphor at me or try to vouch for Perkins. 2017 is going to be all about Tony Nese and Drew Gulak.)

The commentary from Corey Graves heard over Nese and Gulak enthusiastically celebrating their tag team win. The teammates hugging considering their win to be a big deal.

(Mauro Ranallo: Tony Nese and Drew Gulak are acting like the Cleveland Indians games one through three of the World Series!)

(Corey Graves: I told you not to say anything stupid! An analogy two months late and you're ruining the celebration!)

Graves is arguing with his broadcast partner while Drew Gulak has a microphone from the ringside crew. He and Nese on the ramp as Perkins is once again alone - sitting in the corner of the ring.

“The Ultimate Technician”
    Drew Gulak:

TJ Perkins, Ariya Daivari told you… You are not the enemy. Stay out of the way of RUTHLESS and ourselves and you will be just fine.

Gulak leaves that statement lingering as the shot goes back to Perkins. The show ending on Perkins telling the referee that he is just fine while he returns to his feet. He talks into the camera that this isn’t over, and he knows that he is the target. The show going black as TJ makes his way to the back.

Next Pay-Per-View:

Royal Rumble
    January 29th, 2017

No Easy Way Out

Status

Big way to kick off the final show of 2016 - no bigger way in fact than a Cruiserweight title match! Interesting you’d start off hot like this rather than have the title match end the show. Must be something big in store I’m guessing at the end of the night.

Neville winning was hardly a surprise, but Noam Dar looked a credible threat throughout, pushing Neville all the way. It still plays into the feeling that while it’s a well matched roster, where pretty much anyone can conceivably beat anyone - Neville is just a notch above everyone else, as evidenced here.

Neville just being a dick in the aftermath is fine, teaching Dar a lesson for trying to test him, sending him a message even not to try him again - and it set up a heroic run in from Ali to make the save and keep his angle with Neville ticking over for the time being. All good stuff.

Nese and Gulak are a pair of bastards. Sets up some intrigue for the tag match later if Gallagher can’t compete.

Don’t know if I mentioned it before, but Vickie Guerrero managing Gran Metalik is a great move. “The Last Luchador Standing” is a great moniker too. Hoping there’s big plans in store for him with Vickie as his mouthpiece in the future.

I think it might be an idea to drop the nicknames when showing who’s speaking. Just Austin Aries would suffice imo. A small critique just of something I’ve noticed that I irrationally dislike in the thread, lol.

Bit of fire from TJP. I can go along with that. Shows his spirit at least to be determined to go it alone. Have a feeling that coupled with the title match opening the show, we might get a big debut to join Perkins as a replacement in the main event.

Tozawa is going to be a big addition to the division when he comes along.

Was a little bit disappointed by the main event. Was expecting a big angle with someone big making the save for TJ, but this was a bit of a whimper really, that makes me wonder why the title match just didn’t close the show?

I guess doing it this way allowed you to tell the story of Gallagher being taken out during the show, but you could’ve opened the show with the tag match and show Gallagher laid out while his music was playing. Aries could’ve then tried to call the match off and have TJ defy him by attacking Nese and Gulak to start the match.

Anyway, Nese and Gulak going over was the right call. Someone overcoming a 2 on 1 disadvantage should be a rare occurrence, so I’m glad TJ was unable to beat the odds, despite a valiant effort here.

TJ looks good even in defeat, whilst Nese and Gulak continue to look a dangerous prospect on the show as a team. This is also another nice progression of Perkins ongoing angle of getting caught up getting the rough end of the stick.

Surprised we didn’t get anything with RUTHLESS on this show, not even a promo. Good stuff all around, even if I thought the matches could’ve been switched around from the opener and main event.

Drink the Kool-Aid

Status

Opening with a Cruiserweight Championship match is a huge deal, although much as like Wolfy mentioned, I think this should have been the main event. This is the only title on this show, needs to be treated with more prestige in my opinion. Plus, the match would have owned. Smart booking and a good write up here, giving Dar a good rub by getting in some serious offense. Neville was always winning this though, and proves his strength as champ picking up the win.

The aftermath further builds the hatred between Neville and Ali with the attack prevention. Good stuff and smart for Ali to get the upper hand here. Very entertaining way to kick off the show.

Nese and Gulak attacking Gallagher is fine to set up a major advantage in the main event later on tonight.

Good to see Grand Metalik pick up a win here as it feels like he’s been losing a lot recently. Even if they aren’t necessarily a championship player, it’s necessary to keep your roster strong.

Aries/Perkins segment was good with TJ showing some fire, and the hatred he has for Gulak and Nese. Perkins telling him Aries that the main event will be happening whether Aries likes it not is a little weird though… Because Double A is the authority figure and he can do what he wants. Still, I got what you were going for here.

I can’t wait for Tozawa to debut.

Touching on the main event situation again, I understand putting this last so you could play on the attack on Gallagher earlier, but the attack could have been an ‘EARLIER TODAY’ segment. The structure of the show didn’t suit what needed to happen. Another handicap match between these three doesn’t really strike me as entertaining at all considering we saw it at Roadblock as well. Gulak and Nese winning was the right call, but this felt like an underwhelming way to end a show that started in such an epic fashion.

With that being said, TJ constantly being told that he’s not the enemy makes me wonder if he will break and eventually turn heel. I hope so.

Show’s opening was amazing and the rest was okay. As Wolfy mentioned, no mention of RUTHLESS not being on the show, even in passing, was a little strange. Looking forward to seeing what comes next, mate.

t h e b o n e l e s s

Status
      Country                    Canada

Getting back into the swing of things around here!

205 Live Review

Huge way to end the final show of the year, though I do agree with what has been said already that it probably should have ended the show. Glad to see Neville is still at the top, but I was pleased to see Dar getting to show his stuff. Ali coming in to stop the assault was good too, looking forward to the conclusion of the rivalry!

Nese and Gulak attacking Gallagher! Not sure what caused the assault as I am a little behind but I'm excited to see what comes of it! Love all 3 of them, especially Nese.

"The Last Luchador Standing" giving a dominate performance. Good stuff. Hoping you give him something big to do now that he has had repeated shots at the gold and came up short.

TJ showing heart, good way to build him up.

Tozawa!!

Great match to end the night, even though I think it should have been swapped with the opener. TJ putting up a fight was good, but Nese and Gulak were too much for him to handle. Was a little disappointing we didn't get an appearance of a injured Gallagher, but it is what it is.

Stay out of the way of RUTHESS....I am not entirely sure what that means at all, but I am intrigued.

I can see nothing has changed in my absence, you're writing is still fantastic! Great show to end the year, looking forward to a big 2017 for the Cruiserweights!

Charismatic Enigma

Status

Before I get into the usual end of the month news, I'll address the feedback. Appreciated as always.

I wanted to try and change up the card some by putting on the championship match first. Thinking back on it I should've been putting a bigger match in the main event if I was planning that. Thanks for all the suggestions on to what I could have done differently regarding the backstage attack, Perkins/Aries confrontation, and the actual match itself. Glad Perkins is kind of picking up in this thread some with plans I have for him going into Wrestlemania. Along with Ali coming off as this huge hero like I have been planning.

RUTHLESS being left off the show was for two reasons: the roster depth is still pretty shallow as I build up the cruiserweight division and I feel it kind of brings in how loose their alliance with Gulak and Nese though. Totally could have had Kendrick and Daivari attack Jack rather than their stablemates. Going forward, I am going to keep all of this in mind where I could maybe squeeze someone in or change up the card position.

CURRENT NEWS REGARDING THE CRUISERWEIGHT DIVISION
    MULTIPLE SOURCES USED TO CREATE THIS REPORT
    December 28th, 2016

The current plans are for a second Cruiserweight Classic to take place in the summer of 2018. With it being so far away, the ideas are all preliminary. The main idea being another thirty two man tournament, but the first round matches would put a signed WWE talent versus an independent star. Another thing WWE is playing around with would be an exact replica of the original, but the winner getting a Cruiserweight Championship Match at Wrestlemania 34.

The new WWE Cruiserweight Championship was a mutual decision from all of WWE management. The reaction to the division has been high from the executives, the locker room, and the WWE Universe. The general feeling is that the Cruiserweight Championship sharing the same look as the WWE and Universal Championship - the cruiserweights will be taken seriously for a time to come.

According to Pro Wrestling Sheet, some plans involved a new cruiserweights versus old cruiserweights storyline back in September when the division was first reinstated. Assumptions are made that The Brian Kendrick would have lead some sort of group to combat the new set of competitors. Vince McMahon and Paul Levesque both agreed that was in a new era that did not need the stars of the past. Both The Brian Kendrick and, eventually, Tajiri will likely be the only previous cruiserweights we see.

Current Wrestlemania plans call for a cruiserweight versus non-cruiserweight action. No word on who will be the participants, but the overall feeling that one will be a supposed “Cruiserweight Leader” that will remain a major player for a long time to come.

With the announcement of the WWE United Kingdom Championship Tournament, Vince McMahon has some interest in the talents 205 pounds and under. Pete Dunne, Tyler Bate, and Mark Andrews are all men who would be able to enhance the division. It will be interesting if anyone does sign as many talents agreed to a two night deal.

It's official: Austin Aries will unfortunately be missing Wrestlemania as an in-ring competitor. The tease of in-ring return was quickly halted after Roadblock: End of the Line by Neville when tests showed the lack of progress with his injury. Aries and Neville is potentially the money-making feud when these two step in the ring with each other.

Speaking on Austin, his former rival Hideo Itami is expected to be joining the Cruiserweight Division within the same timeframe as Aries’ return proving that what we see currently are still building blocks to this renaissance and 2017 will be a huge year.

Charismatic Enigma

Status

Monday Night Raw
    January 2nd, 2017

The Career Ender, The King… Your Cruiserweight Champion

“Break Orbit (Remix)”

In the first segment with the stars of 205 Live tonight, the champion is here in full gear. The championship over his shoulder, and he has a microphone in hand. Something to be expected by the New Castle native that something is on his mind regarding the division he heads.

Neville:
    Feast your eyes WWE Universe on your king… Neville.

He laughs into the microphone while eying his championship. Patting his shoulder with a big smirk.

Neville:
    I am out here once again thanks to Austin Aries. The so-called fair Authority of 205 Live saying I have not fought enough to his liking. Yet I have fought more than any other man in this whole division! Leave your statistics behind, Byron. You know it’s the truth I am the absolute workhorse of this division. I am who everyone in the back aspires to be. These “competitors” and I say competitors lightly because I haven’t found one man yet who can go toe to toe with me.

Byron pipes up as Neville takes a small break.

(Byron Saxton: If anyone, it has to be someone like TJ Perkins. The first champion who always got in the ring.)

(Corey Graves: Shut up, Saxton! The injury prone don’t count!)

Neville:
    Here’s what I have to say to Austin Aries. You stay angry. You keep on putting roadblock after roadblock in front of me. I will take out every single man you put in front of me. That includes the phony challenger you gave me last month. I have defeated Sin Cara, I have defeated Noam Dar, I have defeated The Brian Kendrick, I have defeated Gran Metalik, I have defeated TJ Perkins, I have defeated Cedric Alexander, and I have even defeated Smackdown Live’s Kalisto. Get it through your skull, Aries. This isn’t changing. This image you see before you is not going anywhere. I own this division. I own the other cruiserweights. I’m the forefront of this all, and nobody is stepping in my way. Now send out Lince Dorado because I need to put a checkmark right at his name.

Neville says decisively as he throws the microphone to the outside. He hands the championship over to the ringside crew as Lince Dorado makes his way out to the ring. This is the first appearance of The Puerto Rican Sensation since the grueling Last Luchador Standing Match, and he is hoping to get on the right track by going one on one with The King of the Cruiserweights.

VERSUS
    Non-Title Match
    “The King of the Cruiserweights” WWE Cruiserweight Champion Neville versus “The Puerto Rican Sensation” Lince Dorado

Neville’s roll is looking to be stopped by The Golden Lynx as he has had trouble finding a win as of late. Both men start off the high-intensity action. Michael Cole suggesting that Neville is slowly reverting back to his high-flying moves with some knowledge that he could be meeting Mustafa Ali in the ring once again. Neville continuously trying to keep up with the pace of The Puerto Rican Sensation. An interesting note by Byron Saxton also as he talks up Lince Dorado really showing up to fight tonight as this is his first appearance since The Last Luchador Standing Match. Dorado debuted his brand new ‘Golden Rewind’ where he back handsprings off the ropes and comes back to Neville with a stunner. Plenty believing that would put away the champion, but Dorado instead went to the top rope where he missed the finishing Shooting Star Press. From then on, the action was all for the Cruiserweight Champion to step up. Neville mainly focusing on the arm and head of Dorado with the Rings of Saturn in his arsenal. Dorado had a quick comeback with a hurricanrana and beautiful vertical dropkick that was quickly turned into a superkick and neckbreaker from Neville. Two signature maneuvers of his rival Mustafa Ali’s before he would lock on the Rings of Saturn to force Dorado to tapout despite his best efforts.

Almost like a rewrite from 205 Live, Neville is not releasing the Rings of Saturn. The champion wrenching on the hold while his competitor continues to announce their tapping. Neville shouting at Lince Dorado to say his name. Something he has made both Cedric Alexander and Sin Cara do. The Puerto Rican Sensation giving into the champion as he continues to shout The King of the Cruiserweights name.

(Byron Saxton: Not this again! The match is over!)

(Michael Cole: This continued assault as Neville has been obsessed with his opponents saying his name. --)

“Go Hard”

(Michael Cole: And here comes the man whose name he refuses to say! Mustafa Ali!)

“The Prince”
    Mustafa Ali

The crowd pops big as Mustafa Ali comes sprinting from the back. This would not be like 205 Live though as the champion quickly broke the hold and rolled out of the ring. Ali sliding into the ring almost perfectly next to Lince Dorado checking on the masked cruiserweight. The referee takes his spot in assuring the superstar is okay as The Prince gets a microphone from the ringside crew.

Mustafa Ali:
    Neville! Don’t go to the back just yet. You can go join commentary because my match is up next and I’m sure you want to see this.

The Pakistani wrestler throws the microphone back outside to the floor before going back to Dorado. Neville taking a seat next to Byron Saxton as we going to commercial and Ali is scheduled to be in action next!

VERSUS
    Singles Match
    “The Prince” Mustafa Ali versus Fabian Aichner
    Neville On Commentary

After returning from commercial, Mustafa Ali returns to the ring tonight versus the powerful Cruiserweight Classic competitor turned NXT Superstar: Fabian Aichner. Ali spending most of the contest going aerial against Aichner and avoiding his moves that were power based. The contest kicks off as the Pakistani tries to connect with right hands to an unaffected Aichner. It forced Ali to go with some kicks except Fabian shrugged and pushed away the former contender to Neville’s title. Ali comes off the ropes, looking for a tilt-a-whirl, but he is caught midway into a sidewalk slam from Aichner. The hairless star showing off his cruiserweight ability soon after with a huge springboard moonsault crashing down onto the smaller opponent. To no avail though would his amazing maneuvers finish off the contest. Maybe a minute more of Aichner on of the offense as he lost it when he held The Prince up in a vertical suplex. Ali able to avoid the maneuver, fall on his feet behind Aichner, and dropkick the back of him so he goes shoulder first into the LED pole. Mustafa goes onto the apron, and he comes running with a big boot to the side of the head. Aichner stumbles back for Ali to springboard back to him with a blockbuster. That’s really all Mustafa needed as he climbs to the top rope, connects with the 054, and secures himself a victory.

Winner: Mustafa Ali

(Michael Cole: Another decisive, huge victory for that man Mustafa Ali!)

Aichner rolls out of the ring leaving Ali to celebrate his victory. Nothing extravagant as The Prince stands on the second rope towards the stage pointing to Neville. It’s no surprise to anyone that he is coming for the WWE Cruiserweight Championship.

(Corey Graves: Does he know when to stop?! You are not number one contender! You lost to the king, get over it!)

(Neville: I’m glad you understand it, Graves. Mustafa Ali wants to stay far, far away from me.)

EIGHT DAYS...

“Strawberry Moon”

A montage of maneuvers appears on the screen for this incoming Cruiserweight star with a voice over from the man.

(Akira Tozawa: I am coming to the WWE to do my country proud…)

(Akira Tozawa: None of these other Cruiserweights will know what’s coming…)

STATIC

The video package is stopped for the debuting Akira Tozawa and another video is picked up. A man behind a desk with a black board behind him. A plan fully written on it… It’s The Man With A Plan: The Brian Kendrick!

The Brian Kendrick:
    Oh man, we get it. We get it! Another new cruiserweight star is coming to take the spotlight away from the rightful people: Ariya Daivari and me!

Kendrick moves his chair to the side revealing a small drawing of a stick figure. With a piece of chalk, he draws the less than sign (<) followed by two other larger stick figures
    The Brian Kendrick:
    That is Akira Tozawa. An ant in this division even though he is entering with all of this hype. He is less than the two greatest superstars of this division: Ariya Daivari and me!

The voice of Ariya Daivari speaks up behind the camera.

Ariya Daivari:
    The best of the division!

The Brian Kendrick:
    There is no issues or drifting in our alliance with Tony Nese and Drew Gulak. They know the premise of it. We respect those two more than any other men around here, and we are working together to get rid of the weak.

Ariya Daivari:
    We’re talking about you Noam Dar and Jack Gallagher.

The Brian Kendrick:
    And we’re talking about you, Akira Tozawa. We have no idea what’s coming? How do we not know what’s happening? I’m not blind and neither is Daivari. We see exactly what’s coming, but you don’t want to see what’s coming for you. We are RUTHLESS and we are eagerly awaiting your arrival. We are awaiting your arrival to prove the hype that only matters is the hype around us.

Kendrick drags the chalk through the figure representing Tozawa as the screen goes black.

Royal Rumble
    January 29th, 2017

Thread Information