Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 205 Live: Different but Equal

Charismatic Enigma

Status
      Country                    United States

Re: August BTBOTM - 205 Live: Different but Equal

Quote Originally Posted by RatedR31 View Post
    Congrats on BTB of the month. Anyway reviewing this Raw, I will say on first read I was disappointed that TBK was not even involved in the match, but I love the promo he had afterwards and that is quite the match we have for next week. Do I think Kendrick wins? Honestly not sure yet.

As for the other match I thought it was good backstory with the whole Halloween and masks promo to bring about the match. Very well written.

Overall I think this was a very good show. Even though we started the night with a heel v. heel match it was still good. Kendrick is quickly becoming a high point on the show. Right now all your heels seem far better written, especially over TJP. Not saying you can't wrote faces, but I feel you like portraying the bad guy. Hopefully you can eventually build up those face characters in future shows. Good job once again
    Thanks for the review, RatedR! I wanted to try something different with The Brian Kendrick, so I am happy it is coming off well. On the writing heels manner, I can admit I always favor heels more so than bayfaces. Heels can say just about anything compared to the babies where you don't want to repeat yourself over and over. I hope with the start of 205 Live coming I will be able to work on how I portray my faces.

WWE 205 LIVE PREMIERES NOVEMBER 29TH ON THE WWE NETWORK
    NOVEMBER 2ND, 2016

During the summer of this year, some of the best cruiserweights showed that size does not matter in an incomparable tournament. Now they continue to make another huge step. In some big news from WWE, they have announced a brand new one hour in-ring series on the WWE Network. With the new additions of the cruiserweight division, they are flying to the WWE Network on Tuesday nights following Smackdown Live on November 29th. WWE 205 Live will feature the best male superstars in the WWE right now that are two hundred and five pounds or under plus Mauro Ranallo, Corey Graves, and Austin Aries manning the commentary booth. Don’t worry, they will still be stealing the show every week on Monday Night Raw.

We reached out to some of the stars of the cruiserweight division, and here is what they had to say about the rapid expansion of their division:

Cedric Alexander: It’s another great opportunity to show what we can do. We proved that anyone can be the best this summer, and we will continue to prove it on Raw and on 205 Live.

Tony Nese: It’s honestly an amazing opportunity. We have only been here for almost two months, and we are constantly thrown opportunity after opportunity. I know we’ll take the ball and run with it. Plus… Who doesn’t want to see more of The Premier Athlete?

The Brian Kendrick: 205 Live? 205 Live better be an hour show dedicated to me HURTING these wanna-be superstars. A platform to show just how great I am is all anyone wants to see.

TJ Perkins: Since the Cruiserweight Classic, I feel we’ve been the highlight whenever we enter the ring. 205 Live is another chance for us to prove that we are real superstars and we will continue to steal the show. When 205 Live kicks off, you better believe TJ Perkins will be the first man in that ring ready to steal the show.

Neville: A show just for the cruiserweights, huh? I guess corporate realized they would make up their injustice by giving The Man That Gravity Forgot his own show. I will enter 205 Live as The King of the Cruiserweights when I take what is rightfully mine from TJ Perkins.

Plus, we caught up with RAW General Manager Mick Foley who had an exciting announcement regarding the Cruiserweight Division that changes championship rules as a whole.

Mick Foley: 205 Live was an idea created by Stephanie McMahon and I to really showcase these brand new superstars on our show. A large portion of these men are unknown to the WWE Universe, so I cannot wait to see them continue to impress every man and woman out there. Plus, Stephanie and I have made the decision, effective immediately, that there will be zero rematch clauses for the Cruiserweight Championship. Every superstar will earn their championship match.

Make sure to catch the cruiserweights on WWE 205 Live on Tuesday, November 29th, 2016 as the continue to splash onto the scene of the WWE.

Last edited by Rasky; 09-17-2017 at 07:27 PM.

"If you're gonna do it..."

The Boneless

Status
      Country                    Canada

Alright post HIAC show!!

- Neville with the win was definitely the right move , he has been the highlight of the cruiserweight division in real life since he returned. Disappointed Kendrick wasn't involved in the match with him winning his match at HIAC and Metalik losing for the third time.

- MANKIND!!!!

- Ok good, Kendrick makes an appearance and is also pissed he wasn't involved.

- Ohhhhhh shit! Triple threat at Survivor Series would be awesome.

- Definitely have the Nese character nailed.

Once again, the match writing is
    phenomenal, and as Rated said you are very good at writing heels, which doesn't bother me at all as they are usually my favorites to watch. The Kendrick Foley McMahon segment was pretty damn good too (mostly due to the writing of Kendrick). Looking forward to more, and definitely hoping for Kendrick to score the win next week and turn the Survivor Series match into a triple threat.

Congrats again on BTB of the month!!!
    Last edited by ranthellacious; 09-19-2017 at 07:13 AM.

Main Eventer

Status

First off congratulations on winning BTB of the month.

Secondly I do love the style of your work. The layout and presentation is very aesthetically pleasing and informative to the point that it gets the story across without dragging on.

Finally it will be interesting to see you shaping up a 205 Live only show compared to highlighting the 205 bits from Raw. With 205 live possibly having 3 matches a show I'm keen to see how you keep things different with Raw also staging 205 segments and matches.

And one more thing. I really dig the idea of no rematches for the title. Should make it a lot smoother to transition between championship challengers.

Overall I'm keen to get stuck into this so keep the good work coming.

Mid-Card Champion

Status
      Country                    us=United States

First of all, I love the layout. The color choices, the graphics, the square layout… It all blends really well and really helps direct your reader and makes it easier to read and follow.

Throughout this BTB, Gran Metalik has been built up a your main heel with Perkins being your babyface champion. It sort worked with Vickie Gurrero being brought in to add a little personality to Metalik, but I’m not sure if she was even needed. I still don’t see her delivering a promo worth having her back. Metalik’s interview with Cole actually had more emotion and meant more.
    Metalik, relying on run in and sneak attacks, did build up heat this way. I think maybe you could have been a little original with HOW you built up that heat. It was a “by the numbers” heel build. Not bad…just not anything we haven’t seen before.

Perkins as a face champion and not backing down from Metalik’s 3 strikes/challenge did elevate him as champion. The fact he isn’t backing down from Neville further cements that. Now….the big question:
    How can you make him less generic? Not a gimmick; but something that makes him stand out. Maybe it’s a catch phrase. Maybe its an ending that is unique to him. Being a great worker that takes on all challenges is great; especially in the cruiserweight, but what makes him stand out? Daniel Bryan is a great worker, but I dare say “YES!” is what catapulted him into Superstardom. Perkins doesn’t have that just yet.

This “Man with the Plan” Brian Kendrick comes off slimy and whiny….just like you want. Kendrick works great in this role. I’m not sure an eyerake and finish at the PPV darkmatch is something that would get him the heat that was written, but any chickenshit heel finish works well with Kendrick’s gimmick.

All in all, this is an easy BTB to read and get into. Focusing on a very narrow part of the WWE Universe helps your reader see a clearer vision of what you want them to focus on. I imagine its easier to write, as well. Quite a few “starters and stoppers” here in the section could take note of that. Everyone has visions of writing “everything”, but its time consuming as hell. I’m sure you could do it, but it seems like this is a nice niche for you.

Charismatic Enigma

Status

Quote Originally Posted by ranthellacious View Post
    Alright post HIAC show!!

- Neville with the win was definitely the right move , he has been the highlight of the cruiserweight division in real life since he returned. Disappointed Kendrick wasn't involved in the match with him winning his match at HIAC and Metalik losing for the third time.

- MANKIND!!!!

- Ok good, Kendrick makes an appearance and is also pissed he wasn't involved.

- Ohhhhhh shit! Triple threat at Survivor Series would be awesome.

- Definitely have the Nese character nailed.

Once again, the match writing is
    phenomenal, and as Rated said you are very good at writing heels, which doesn't bother me at all as they are usually my favorites to watch. The Kendrick Foley McMahon segment was pretty damn good too (mostly due to the writing of Kendrick). Looking forward to more, and definitely hoping for Kendrick to score the win next week and turn the Survivor Series match into a triple threat.

Congrats again on BTB of the month!!!
    Ranthellacious, thanks for the thoughts! I'm happy that The Brian Kendrick is coming across to readers the way I want him to be. He's someone who, at this point, I have pegged as a major player.

Quote Originally Posted by Sykotic View Post
    First off congratulations on winning BTB of the month.

Secondly I do love the style of your work. The layout and presentation is very aesthetically pleasing and informative to the point that it gets the story across without dragging on.

Finally it will be interesting to see you shaping up a 205 Live only show compared to highlighting the 205 bits from Raw. With 205 live possibly having 3 matches a show I'm keen to see how you keep things different with Raw also staging 205 segments and matches.

And one more thing. I really dig the idea of no rematches for the title. Should make it a lot smoother to transition between championship challengers.

Overall I'm keen to get stuck into this so keep the good work coming.

Thanks, Syk! As I prepare the first few shows of 205 Live, it will be written differently compared to how I write Raw. I will say the match amount will be the same, but it will go longer compared to what happens on Monday Night Raw.

Quote Originally Posted by White Rhyno View Post

First of all, I love the layout. The color choices, the graphics, the square layout… It all blends really well and really helps direct your reader and makes it easier to read and follow.

Throughout this BTB, Gran Metalik has been built up a your main heel with Perkins being your babyface champion. It sort worked with Vickie Gurrero being brought in to add a little personality to Metalik, but I’m not sure if she was even needed. I still don’t see her delivering a promo worth having her back. Metalik’s interview with Cole actually had more emotion and meant more.
    Metalik, relying on run in and sneak attacks, did build up heat this way. I think maybe you could have been a little original with HOW you built up that heat. It was a “by the numbers” heel build. Not bad…just not anything we haven’t seen before.

Perkins as a face champion and not backing down from Metalik’s 3 strikes/challenge did elevate him as champion. The fact he isn’t backing down from Neville further cements that. Now….the big question:
    How can you make him less generic? Not a gimmick; but something that makes him stand out. Maybe it’s a catch phrase. Maybe its an ending that is unique to him. Being a great worker that takes on all challenges is great; especially in the cruiserweight, but what makes him stand out? Daniel Bryan is a great worker, but I dare say “YES!” is what catapulted him into Superstardom. Perkins doesn’t have that just yet.

This “Man with the Plan” Brian Kendrick comes off slimy and whiny….just like you want. Kendrick works great in this role. I’m not sure an eyerake and finish at the PPV darkmatch is something that would get him the heat that was written, but any chickenshit heel finish works well with Kendrick’s gimmick.

All in all, this is an easy BTB to read and get into. Focusing on a very narrow part of the WWE Universe helps your reader see a clearer vision of what you want them to focus on. I imagine its easier to write, as well. Quite a few “starters and stoppers” here in the section could take note of that. Everyone has visions of writing “everything”, but its time consuming as hell. I’m sure you could do it, but it seems like this is a nice niche for you.

First things first - I started and stopped a lot with BTBs. Focusing on a narrow part definitely helps keep me motivated to only be writing this as I don't feel I need to write every little thing. I see a lot of the points you're making, Rhyno. I get how Gran Metalik can be a usual heel with what he has done thus far, but I also looked at it that he was completely new to the WWE Universe. It's an easy way to establish some hear for him alongside bringing Vickie. Also can see how Vickie wasn't needed, but I hope I can turn around that opinion. TJ Perkins is a slight challenge, and the comparison to Daniel Bryan is a good one to make. I never really thought about a catchphrase to help elevate the character, so I am going to look into that. Then, as I said before, The Brian Kendrick is someone I am looking to as a major player of the division. Thanks for reading and the review!

Charismatic Enigma

Status

Monday Night Raw
    November 7th, 2016

VERSUS
    Singles Match
    Cedric Alexander versus Ariya Davari

After taking a loss at Hell in a Cell, Cedric Alexander is hoping to get back on the right track tonight versus Ariya Davari. This is the first appearance of the latter since losing to TJ Perkins in his RAW debut a few weeks ago. The two men start off with Ariya showing off his heel tendencies right away. After feeling each other out, Davari backs Cedric into the corner as they enter a stalemate. The referee comes in between the two men when Davari pokes the eyes of Alexander. Per usual, it lead to hard-hitting offense of the superstar representing Iran. He pulled Cedric out of the corner into a quick snap suplex to ensure the high flyer remain grounded right off the bat. Davari introduced maneuvers with the use of a vertical leaps to drop multiple knees and body splashes on the torso of Alexander. More directly the ribs. That became the main target for Ariya’s attack. A gut buster, multiple gutwrenches, and general soccer ball like kicks to the targeted area. With each maneuver, the crowd would boo Ariya as Cedric sold holding onto his general rib area. As the match came closer to its end, that is where Cedric Alexander began a short-lived comeback. Consisting of two jumping clotheslines, a back kick to Davari’s gut, and a runby knee to the side of his opponent’s face got the Charlotte native back in control. It didn’t take much for the breakout star to get the crowd on his side with his usual fast pace style. Multiple kicks to take out the opposing superstar to where he feels the need a moment to leave the ring. While Davari is trying to recuperate, Cedric sees this as an opportunity. The referee begins the count for Ariya; meanwhile Cedric is running off the ropes. He comes back past the referee leaping over the top with a diving somersault plancha onto his opponent. Cedric immediately threw Davari back into the ring only to get a two count following the spectacular maneuver. As that could not put away Davari, he went to the apron to look for the signature diving clothesline. Ariya returned to his feet, and Cedric came flying in only for his opponent to move. Cedric rolls through, turns around to Davari, and he eats a kick to the previously attacked ribs. Alexander quickly tends to the area in a bent over position. Ariya traps the arm of Cedric and jumps up to bring his knees against Cedric’s back. He falls backwards with a huge double knee backbreaker, and it gets him the huge victory!

Spoiler:

Winner: Ariya Davari

Backstage…

After Ariya’s victory, we see him backstage with an arrogant grin. A towel around his neck as he is more than willing to make it known that he just won a match on Monday Night Raw. As he walks along the hall, he is approached by another man with a match tonight: The Brian Kendrick. Kendrick eyes up the man from head to toe before extending out his right hand.

The Man With A Plan
    The Brian Kendrick:

I like your style, kid. You and I… We could run this division.

Davari seems to agree with the veteran of this division. He shakes the hand of Kendrick with that grin still glued onto his face. He also says nothing in response with Kendrick. Brian pulls away from the shake as he walks off the scene with his all important match coming up.

Locker Room…

Later in the night, we are in the locker room of the cruiserweight division. We see Sin Cara and the newest Cruiserweight Lince Dorado. Their conversation is cut short by “El Rey de las Cuerdas” Gran Metalik and Vickie Guerrero. The duo divert their attention to Metalik and his business manager.

Gran Metalik’s Business Manager
    Vickie Guerrero:

Well, look who we have here… Sin Cara and Lince Dorado. Just who we were looking for too! We saw what you two did last week. It was a spectacular victory especially for a debut, Lince! Some people don’t really agree with that though… My client suffered another loss to TJ Perkins, and seeing you two inside of his ring only enraged him. You two are dsgraces to the mask. Gran Metalik is one of the only real luchadors left in the wrestling business, and neither him or I will stand back and watch you two think you’re on the level of El Rey de las Cuerdas.

Sin Cara and Lince Dorado look at each other as they roll their eyes.

The Puerto Rican Sensation
    Lince Dorado:

Vickie, I have nothing but respect for you, where you come from, and Gran Metalik. Sin Cara and I do not wear these masks as a disgrace to the luchador wrestling style. We wear these masks in appreciation to the culture and wrestling of luchadors. We wear these masks for the same reason as you, Gran Metalik.

As Vickie has a response, Metalik raises his right hand up. He instead has something to say to the two superstars in broken English and in Spanish.

El Rey de las Cuerdas
    Gran Metalik:

Gran Metalik… is… luchador wrestling… ustedes dos son fraudes y voy a probarlo. Be ready...

Metalik and Guerrero leave the room for Lince Dorado and Sin Cara to prepare themselves for eventual action versus Metalik.

VERSUS
    If The Brian Kendrick Wins, He Will Also Challenge TJ Perkins at Survivor Series
    “The Man With A Plan” The Brian Kendrick versus WWE Cruiserweight Champion TJ Perkins
    Neville On Commentary

For the first time ever, The Brian Kendrick and WWE Cruiserweight Champion TJ Perkins meet one on one inside WWE ring. It starts off as a quick technical matchup where it is known that Perkins thrives. The champion looks to do damage to the left arm of Brian with the knowledge of the devastating Captain’s Hook submission hold. Some quick work with slaps against the arm to stimulate some pain in the veteran WWE Superstar. Following that up with three quick arm drags then keeping a hold on the left arm just to add pressure to the area. The rest holds stayed applied until Kendrick uses right arm as a leverage to roll onto his side and roll Perkins away. The champion would come back on the offense moments later speeding up the action here with a quick hurricanrana followed by a dropkick from his vertical base. In usual Brian Kendrick fashion, The Man With A Plan rolls out of the ring to take a moment to re-strategize. As he walks the perimeter, he eyes down the current sole number one contender to the Cruiserweight Champion - Neville - who is on top of the stage. The two share, or should we say shout, some words before Kendrick is forced to go back in the ring with the referee's count at seven. Perkins went right back on the offense with a fury of kicks as Kendrick was on his way to his feet. The champion is forced to fight a bit of an aggressive style tonight as he is trying to keep his title defense at Survivor Series one on one. As he finally allows Kendrick to his feet, it’s what ends up costing the early momentum. He came off the ropes to take down the potential future challenger, but he is instead caught by a big boot by Kendrick, Perkins stays groggy for a moment on his feet allowing his opponent to officially take him down with an enzuigiri. Brian stayed in control with the simple task of making sure Perkins was only allowed on his feet for no more than a second. Each time he took him down would be a possible match ending maneuver. There were multiple moments where the match should have ended , but it only proved to show the heart of Perkins. After a Tiger Suplex could not get the job done, the camera shifted to Neville who was laughing on commentary watching Kendrick fail at the opportunity he has tonight. That distracts Brian to yell at Neville, but that only allowed Perkins to roll him up. Lucky for Kendrick it was only a two count. Perkins returned to the offense soon after with some quick strikes then a headscissors takedown. In typical TJ Perkins attitude he dabs on Kendrick while Kendrick is stuck between the legs of TJ. Suddenly, with a burst of strength, Kendrick began lifting Perkins off the mat into powerbomb position. With their crowd on their feet, Perkins falls back with a hurricanrana to send Brian Kendrick face first into the second turnbuckle. This has been seen before in Perkins match ups as he brings Kendrick onto his shoulders… The Detonation Kick connects! Perkins does not end there as the moment Kendrick collapses to the mat, the TJP Clutch is locked on! The fight is on as Kendrick begins dragging himself towards the bottom rope when TJ applies more pressure. When Brian is just fingertips away, Neville runs down the ramp from the commentary table. Neville pulls the ropes away from Kendrick making it almost impossible for The Man With A Plan to reach. The referee quickly shouts at Neville, and TJ Perkins stops the submission hold on Kendrick. Perkins then slides through the second rope with a dropkick to The Man That Gravity Forgot! Some absolute mayhem happening, but it causes the abrupt end to the match. Perkins re-enters the ring, yelling at Neville to stay away, and Brian Kendrick comes up from behind with a roll up! And his feet are on the second rope! And the referee counts three!

Spoiler:

Winner: The Brian Kendrick

Brian Kendrick, with all of the mayhem, has capitalized on a humongous opportunity. He quickly rolls out of the ring; running past The Man That Gravity to be safely at the top of the stage. Kendrick yells into the camera that this should have been his opportunity all along. The segment ends with Brian Kendrick on the stage, Neville on the ramp, and TJ Perkins in the ring holding up his championship to both challengers. If one thing was proven tonight, just about anything can happen in this division.

Survivor Series
    November 20th, 2016
    ** Card Subject To Change **

VERSUS VERSUS
    Triple Threat Match for the WWE Cruiserweight Championship Match
    “The Man With A Plan” The Brian Kendrick versus “The Man That Gravity Forgot” Neville versus WWE Cruiserweight Champion TJ Perkins

Be The Booker

Status
      Country                    Greece

Well I'll be damned but this BTB you've got going on Rasky looks pretty cool so far. In just two months it earned you your first BTB of the Month award which is saying something. I'll have to echo what others have said about how the layout makes your project easier to read and follow for the readers. I'm really looking forward to the start of 205 Live as I'm interested to see how you will handle this show.

You've got something good going on man and I will be following from now on so keep up the good work.

#WC4Horsemen

Mid-Card Champion

Status
      Country                    UK

Interesting to see some alliances being formed between some of the guys in the division, such as Dorado and Sin Cara and now Kendrick and Daivari. Wondering whether Daivari could be a deciding factor at Survivor Series in the Triple Threat match as there will be No DQ, so any interference by him to help Kendrick would not be illegal. Of course, there is always a chance that Kendrick will be just using him to get the championship and then keep it but that is potentially a story to be played up in the future. It was a strong win for Daivari against Alexander and he is pleased by it and rightly so.

I really like the pairing of Metalik and Vickie Guerrero acting as his mouthpiece. Just due to how much she is hated, she can get anyone over as a heel. I enjoyed the series of matches between Metalik and Perkins, and it is good to see you continue his momentum by putting him in what could be a really strong feud between him and Sin Cara/Dorado. Putting him in there with arguably the biggest name in the division to the WWE audience in Sin Cara is a great way to keep him relevant and involved in what is going on.

The Triple Threat Match at Survivor Series will be the biggest test for Perkins to date with both Neville and Kendrick coming after him. It was really smart to have Neville come out to try and prevent Kendrick from winning in order to keep the match as one-on-one, but it was Perkins allowing himself to get distracted where it would have benefited him to keep it as one-on-one that ended up making his life harder for him in his next title defense. This match on paper has the potential to be a showstealer at Survivor Series (assuming that the rest of the matches will be the same as irl). I will echo comments from a couple of others that perhaps one thing to work on is trying to flesh out Perkins a bit more, but making him stand out a bit. Whether it is simply just playing up the video game gimmick a bit more in terms of the way he speaks or the dabbing, something could be done to make him seem a bit more larger-than-life as he is the leader of the division at the moment as champion. However, I think that it will be Neville walking out of Survivor Series as the champion, and it will be interesting to see Perkins on the chase.

I'm a really big fan of this thread, Rasky, and it is no surprise that you picked up BTBOTM for it, as I am sure you will do again in the future. You have succeeded in a way that the WWE didn't in real life when this division was first introduced on Raw by giving exposure to lots of the characters and running more than one storyline at once, as opposed to just throwing six of them out there every week for tag matches with no build. Once you start booking 205 Live, it will give you even more of an opportunity to flesh the characters out and give more time to some of the division that haven't had much of a look in so far and bring in some new faces. I wonder if the Raw segments will take a bit of a back seat when the new show starts and which will take precedence in terms of which will have the bigger matches. Either way, I'm looking forward to it. Keep it up mate.

Say hello to the bad guy!

Status

It has been said plenty but yes, this has a beautiful layout making it so easily readable.

Raw was very entertaining with a fun opening contest, with an excellent ending. Great storytelling with the fact that Cedric was trying to get back on track but the injury was the big factor to change momentum.

I am not a fan of Vickie at all and it seems very strange to have her back but hopefully this will lead to some compelling storylines.

On to the main event, GREAT match!!! Cool that this is the first time these two compete one on one. I absolutely love Kendrick so I'm glad to see him win and interject himself into the Title match. And you did a great job making all three have some issues with the others.

Can't wait for the Hell in a Cell championship match, and to see what you do with the final Raw beforehand to push this match even further!

Great work!

Charismatic Enigma

Status

Thanks to RED, TWG, and BXSTXRD for their reviews and kind words.

Monday Night Raw
    November 14th, 2016

Lower The Chances, Triple The Tension

“Man With A Plan”
    The Brian Kendrick

In the first cruiserweight segment of the night is one of the challengers for the WWE Cruiserweight Championship on Sunday - The Brian Kendrick. He is in the ring with a microphone as the flag of Blackbeard is hung across the ropes on the hard camera side.

The Man With A Plan
    The Brian Kendrick:

You all thought I couldn’t do it… Mick Foley and Stephanie McMahon didn’t think I could do it…Neville and TJ Perkins didn’t think I could do it… Now, here I am! I am getting the opportunity that should have been handed to me the day after Hell in a Cell when I made Cedric Alexander tapout. You see, I understand why I have never been put in the position to succeed. Like Neville once said: there’s the level of this division, and then there is level well above them all. Then, above him, it’s The Brian Kendrick level. When you have the best of the best - the cream of the crop - you need to somehow make those inferior look good. I won’t stand for that though. I would not stand by idle, and you should all respect that.

In a typical Brian Kendrick fashion, he begins working the crowd as to why he is the most superior superstar in the Cruiserweight Division. The boos begin to file in for him, but, of course, he doesn’t let that phase him.

The Brian Kendrick:
    I almost find it funny. My first time here… I was adored. I did the same thing I do now, but now I am hated for it. You’d much rather cheer a man like Cedric Alexander who cannot win a match. Or a man like TJ Perkins who barely wrestles as he would rather “dab.” You even have interest in Neville when his matches since his “big” return have been like watching paint dry. In fact, watching paint dry might be more entertai--

Kendrick is suddenly cut off by the familiar blaring music.

"Break Orbit (Remix)"
    Neville

To no surprise, nobody wants to hear this less than this man. Neville comes storming down to the ring with a microphone as well prepared for a war of words with The Brian Kendrick.

The Man That Gravity Forgot
    Neville:

Hold on for just a moment there, Brian. Let me remind you who I am. The Man That Gravity Forgot is not a nickname I gave myself. That is something I earned because I am the best high-flyer in the business. I risked it all for a victory, but the simple fact is these people do not deserve to see me risk my life anymore. These people do not deserve to see me do everything for the win when I know I can do anything and win.

The Brian Kendrick:
    Oh god, this is the same bland thing we see and hear over again and over again. These fans don’t deserve this, these fans don’t deserve that. I will undoubtedly agree that these fans deserve nothing, but don’t blame them because you’re suddenly too scared to got to the top rope again. What’s wrong? You gonna break that ankle again?

Kendrick laughs before going on his knees in front of Neville. Bending down more so to be beside the previously broken joint.

The Brian Kendrick:
    It’s okay, little buddy. I’ll be sure to break this again on Sunday when I win my Cruiserweight Championship.

Kendrick begins laugh again while returning to his feet. He gets some boos from the crowd while openly taunting them for his words against Neville.

Neville:
    I’m sure you’ll get used to it down there, Kendrick. After Sunday, you will bow to your king of the cruiserweights. I don’t need you to tell me what I can and cannot do inside of my ring. I’ll kick your head off right here, prove my ankle is doing just fine, and make sure you don’t make it to Survivor Series on Sunday!

After Neville’s remarks, The Brian Kendrick’s tone changes as if he is talking to a child.

The Brian Kendrick:
    You really have this king of cruiserweights monicker stuck in that head of yours. You’re coming out here complaining the company has something against you when I'm the one being pushed away, one again, by management. Ever think they realized every other man out of the thirty two Cruiserweight classic competitors is better than you? Maybe the Neville level is way below the level of this division?

Neville seems kind of irked with Kendrick at this point. He doesn’t want to get physical with knowledge he’ll get his chance on Sunday.

Neville:
    All you can do is complain when things do not go your way. Something you did your first time in this company and the reason you were fired from this company. You're not being pushed away. You just failed again. Did you ever think maybe you’re nothing more than a has been and people took pity to you? That's why you're here.

Neville looks at Kendrick, laughs as he drops the microphone, taunts the crowd like he did, and then leaves the ring. Making it a point that he is not holding back in the ring or on the microphone. The crowd letting out a “You got fired!” chant towards Kendrick while Neville’s music plays once again. The Main With A Plan yelling at The Man That Gravity Forgot, but Neville is nothing but smiles as the segment ends.

VERSUS
    Singles Match
    “El Rey de las Cuerdas” Gran Metalik with Vickie Guerrero versus Sin Cara

After their first encounter almost two months ago, Gran Metalik and Sin Cara meet one on one once again. This time because Metalik feels that Sin Cara and Lince Dorado are disrespecting the mask. Like their first encounter, Gran Metalik was on the offense throughout the entirety of this contest. Right as the bell rang, Metalik came running into Sin Cara with a spin kick. It sends Sin Cara into the corner, which begins the open hand chops of the self-proclaimed last luchador. Each hit was connected with the same force as the last. After the tenth, Sin Cara falls to a seated position in the corner holding his hand over his heart. The referee quickly steps in between the two men checking on Sin Cara to ensure he was still able to continue on. Gran Metalik did not care though as he stepped in front of the referee to pick his opponent onto his shoulders. Gran Metalik connects with the Metalik Driver to get himself a definitive victory with heat from the crowd.

Spoiler:

Winner: Gran Metalik

As the bell rings, Gran Metalik goes back on the attack on Sin Cara. He brings the open handed shots once again over the heart of the other masked man. The referee is yelling at both Gran Metalik and Vickie Guerrero that this match is over. The boos continue to pour in from the crowd as Metalik is once again bringing Sin Cara to his feet.

“Golden Rush”
    Lince Dorado
    Seeing enough, The Puerto Rican Sensation comes storming down to the ring. Metalik throws Sin Cara to the outside prepared to go toe to toe with Lince Dorado. Dorado slides in, popping up to his feet, and he sends Gran Metalik out of the ring through the middle rope with a huge hurricanrana. Lince takes a moment to check on Sin Cara before asking for a microphone from the ringside crew. Once retrieved, he has some news for El Rey de las Cuerdas.

“The Puerto Rican Sensation”
    Lince Dorado:

Gran Metalik… During your match with Sin Cara, I talked to Stephanie McMahon and Mick Foley about getting myself a match of my own. Against you on the kick off show at Survivor Series! And I got that match! On Sunday, I am going to teach you a lesson in respect, humility, and I will teach you there can be more than one luchador in this ring.

After a huge announcement regarding Survivor Series, the camera cuts to Gran Metalik shaking his head with pleasure at this announcement. In a usual shrill voice, Vickie Guerrero is yelling that Lince Dorado made the worst mistake ever. The segment ends with Lince Dorado helping medical personnel check on Sin Cara.

VERSUS
    Non-Title Match
    Ariya Davari versus WWE Cruiserweight Champion TJ Perkins

This is a match requested by Ariya Davari. After being successful versus Cedric Alexander last week, he wanted another opportunity versus the champion - TJ Perkins. These two men follow the same style of technical wrestling, but they will go high flying if it means they’re going to get a victory. This match does not go long as Perkins shows off the type of wrestler he is once again just six nights ahead of the biggest title defense yet. Perkins shines throughout as his attack is based on the leg of Davari to start for his signature TJP Clutch. In fact, it is locked on rather early on in the contest, but Davari would reach the bottom rope. That is where this match turned until close to the ending. After Perkins released the hold, Ariya backed into the corner holding onto his right knee - claiming that too much damage has been done. While the referee was checking on Davari, he returned to his feet to clobber Perkins with a huge discus lariat. Perkins kicked out following the maneuver, resulting in Davari going for the attack on the ribs. He knows what he did to defeat Cedric Alexander, and he is going to do the same thing to - hopefully - beat the Cruiserweight Champion. While his offensive maneuvers are power heavy, it is unable to help him in this contest. As he looked for the gutwrench, Perkins expertly landed on his feet and connected with a huge jumping neckbreaker that should have ended the contest. When the ending came closer, it brought out The Brian Kendrick to the ringside area. He began distracting TJ telling him that he wouldn’t be champion come Sunday, but Kendrick would soon be interrupted by Neville. - who he had a war of words with earlier tonight. Neville and Kendrick would not lay a hand on each other, but The Man That Gravity Forgot would chase The Man With A Plan to the backstage area. It allowed Ariya to look for his variation of the backstabber, but Perkins grabbed ahold of the ropes for Davari to fall back. TJ then lifted Davari up to connect with the Detonation Kick and get the victory.

Spoiler:

Winner: TJ Perkins

As TJ is announced the winner, he proudly holds up his WWE Cruiserweight Championship. The segment ends with Corey Graves reminding us that TJ Perkins may not be the champion after Survivor Series with the odds against his favor.

Survivor Series
    November 20th, 2016

VERSUS
    Kickoff Match
    “El Rey de las Cuerdas” Gran Metalik with Vickie Guerrero versus “The Puerto Rican Sensation” Lince Dorado

VERSUS VERSUS
    “The Man With A Plan” The Brian Kendrick versus “The Man That Gravity Forgot” Neville versus WWE Cruiserweight Champion TJ Perkins

Status

Raw review.

You are killing it with The Brian Kendrick. Love this side of him and he's consistently my favorite part of your shows. Awesome to see him run down the competition the way he did. Excellent back and forth between Neville and Kendrick. Really building your title feud beautifully. Can't wait to see these guys go all out against each other.

Metalik looked vicious here. Not really a fan of Cara so this was fine for me. With the whole disrespecting the mask comment, do we suspect a mask vs. mask match in the future? Honestly would like to see Metalik continue this destructive path.

TJ winning was obvious on the go home show before Survivor Series. Glad to see it wasnt completely one sided though. Kendrick getting involved and trying to distract the champ made sense but Neville coming out seemed a little "face". Why should he care if Kendrick costs TJ? I get that he has beef with Kendrick but he just chased him away and it seemed out of character.

Good show with some amazing promo work between Kendrick and Neville. Really excited for you Survivor Series. Hoping to see Metalik and Kendrick get the big wins!

Charismatic Enigma

Status

Re: 205 Live: Different but Equal

Survivor Series Prediction Contest

VERSUS
    Kickoff Match
    “El Rey de las Cuerdas” Gran Metalik with Vickie Guerrero versus “The Puerto Rican Sensation” Lince Dorado

After being unsuccessful versus TJ Perkins three times in a row, Gran Metalik was described as nothing but an angry man who could not accept defeat. It was further proven when he and his business consultant Vickie Guerrero confronted Sin Cara and newcomer Lince Dorado. Lince had made it to the second round of the Cruiserweight Classic before losing to fellow Raw superstar Rich Swann. Dorado made an immediate impact in his debut pinning Tony Nese with the impressive springboard into a reverse frankensteiner. One week after his debut is where the issues between him and Gran Metalik began to rise. Vickie Guerrero and Gran Metalik claimed that Metalik was the last modern day luchador, and the fact that Lince and Sin Cara wore masks was disrespectful to the luchadore style. Gran Metalik and Sin Cara then met in the ring in a match that ended suddenly when Metalik open-hand chopped the heart of Sin Cara until the referee was forced to wave it off. That did not stop El Rey de las Cuerdas, but The Puerto Rican Sensation did. Lince saved his friend Sin Cara then made an announcement that Mick Foley had granted him this match with Metalik. After being disrespected by the runner up in the Cruiserweight Classic, can Lince Dorado secure the victory?

VERSUS VERSUS

TJ Perkins has been the forefront of the returning Cruiserweight Division after he defeated Gran Metalik in the finals of the Cruiserweight Classic. Two men have felt left behind, and one quite literally was. Neville - The Man That Gravity Forgot - was not involved in the thirty two man tournament. He considered it to be a corporate decision because he knew he would beat anyone set in front of him. Defeating local competitors and Gran Metalik as well as going to war with TJ Perkins puts Neville in position as a favorite to win this triple threat. Now he has to let his actions speak. But then there is the wildcard - The Brian Kendrick. The Man With a Plan put his plan to action, defeating the WWE Cruiserweight Champion, and making this a triple threat match. Like Neville, he has beliefs that corporate is holding him back and they are only using him as a nostalgia act. After multiple confrontations with Stephanie McMahon and Mick Foley, Kendrick has made it obvious that he is still the man he once was. Plus, his newfound alliance with Ariya Davari could spell trouble for TJ Perkins and Neville. Tensions are rising from all three sides, but only one man can walk away with the championship in hand. Who will survive in one of the most unpredictable nights each year in WWE?

Plus, Stephanie McMahon will be appearing on the Kickoff Show with an announcement regarding 205 Live!

Prediction Contest

1. Who will win each match?
    2. Will there be any debuts or returns? If so, who?
    3. What is Stephanie McMahon's announcement?
    4. Will there be outside interference in the WWE Cruiserweight Championship match?

** I know this is a rather short prediction contest. It will be paired with the predictions of the first episode of 205 Live when the time comes to decide a future match. Leave predictions! **

Status

Prediction Contest

1. Who will win each match?
    2. Will there be any debuts or returns? If so, who?
    3. What is Stephanie McMahon's announcement?
    4. Will there be outside interference in the WWE Cruiserweight Championship match?

1. Gran Metalik & Brian Kendrick
    2. No.
    3. A huge Championship main event for the debut episode of 205 Live.
    4. No.

The Boneless

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Rasky View Post

Survivor Series Prediction Contest

Prediction Contest

1. Who will win each match? Gran Metalik and Neville
    2. Will there be any debuts or returns? If so, who? No
    3. What is Stephanie McMahon's announcement? Kalisto, and a few others coming to the division starting at the premiere.
    4. Will there be outside interference in the WWE Cruiserweight Championship match? No

I think I'm two episodes behind, but I am glad Kendrick got himself into the championship match. I'll hit you with a review for the two shows I missed plus Survivor Series once it's posted!!

Charismatic Enigma

Status

WWE Survivor Series 2016
    November 20th, 2016

VERSUS
    Singles Match

As the bell sounds, Gran Metalik comes sprinting from his corner towards Lince Dorado. He catches The Puerto Rican Sensation with a dropkick that sends him back into the corner. Metalik continues this offense with some kicks to ribs and legs forcing Dorado to fall to a seated position. Metalik backs away only to come towards Lince once again, and he looks for the cannonball but Lince moves out of the way in the last second. Metalik is upside down in the corner as Dorado now comes sprinting with a baseball slide to the self-proclaimed last luchador. Metalik folds forward onto his back with Lince Dorado looking at this as a major opportunity to end things early. He ascends to the top rope when Metalik quickly pops up to his feet. Going to the second rope, Metalik connects with multiple right hands to daze the other masked competitor. Dorado fights back with his own strikes, but Metalik answers him with his own once again. Metalik then pulls himself up to the top rope taking a hold of Lince Dorado. Gran Metalik moonsaults off the top holding Lince Dorado on the way down as he is slammed down to the mat! A huge maneuver in the beginning of stages of the match that could end this contest… 1… 2… Dorado kicks out much to the surprise of Metalik.

Rather than the usual complaining, Metalik goes straight back to the offense. Coming off the ropes, Metalik came back with a leg drop. It didn’t end there as he rolled backwards back to his feet into a vertical leap followed by a second leg drop. Now the cover once again to try and end this early… 1… 2… Dorado once again kicks out. Now the man has grown angry with his competitor. Metalik brings Lince to his feet throwing him into the corner. He comes running into Dorado with a spin kick into the side of the face. As The Puerto Rican Sensation falls, Metalik bring shim back up in his dazed state to stand upright once more. Now he comes with his signature open handed chops. Each chop resulting in a mixture of “Woo”s and “Oh”s from the fans in attendance for Survivor Series. After the eighth shot, Lince falls to a seated position with the referee, Rod Zapata, coming in between the two men. Rod is checking on Lince Dorado ensuring he still wants to go on after taking a serious beating and falling into an almost lifeless slump into the corner. Metalik pulls the referee as he wants to finish Lince Dorado. Pulling Dorado to his feet, the Puerto Rican vertically leaps into a frankensteiner that puts Gran Metalik against the corner. And he just so happens to land in the tree of woe position. A spectacularly done sequence as Lince Dorado comes running in with a dropkick into the gut of Gran Metalik. That does not cause the legs to unwrap from the top rope though, so Dorado lifts Gran Metalik up by his head. Dragging Metalik out, his feet remaining on the ropes, Lince connects with a huge elevated neckbreaker! A potential match ending maneuver that has the crowd on their feet! The cover… 1… 2… Gran Metalik kicks out!

Lince Dorado takes a moment to himself. Finally recovering from this fast paced match up and strikes he took to the heart. Dorado brings Metalik to his feet sending him against the ropes. In typical Metalik fashion, the luchador uses his shoulders against the ropes to come back to the center of the ring. He expertly lands on a knee in front of Lince Dorado where he says “Come bring it.” That’s exactly what The Puerto Rican Sensation does just that. Lince comes off the ropes with a hurricanrana that sends Metalik’s face down into the canvas. Metalik is shaken up as Dorado continues with his offense. Two big dropkicks that end up causing El Rey de las Cuerdas to stumble out of his ring. Dorado sees his chance for something big… Running to put his body through the middle ropes into Gran Metalik… Suicide dive into a tornado DDT on the LED ramp! Another match changing maneuver from Lince Dorado who is impressing this Survivor Series crowd. As the referee comes to a count of six, both men have found their way to their feet. Dorado sends Gran Metalik in the ring and makes a quick cover to get another two count.

Rather than continue his attack, Lince Dorado instead take a moment to gameplan. Watching Gran Metalik slowly push himself up onto a knee, and that’s when Dorado goes back on the offense. A left kick to the chest. A right kick to the back. Left to the chest. Right to the back. Left to the chest. Right to the back. The kick only getting faster with just as much force as the last. Austin Aries notifying us that “Lince Dorado is ambidextrous, so each kick is a powerful which could end Gran Metalik.” After one last shot to the kick to the chest, Lince Dorado comes off the ropes to connect with a Shining Wizard! Dorado with a third pin attempt, but it would not be the charm as Gran Metalik kicks out at two. Dorado has pulled a lot of himself in this short amount of time, and he only has one more big maneuver that he is sure can end this. He drags his masked opponent towards the corner of the ring where he begins his ascension. The crowd is on their feet for what’s to come. Dorado standing up vertically with perfect balance… Shooting Star Press onto the canvas as Gran Metalik rolls out of the way onto the apron! If that would have hit, the match would be over. Now, the tides have turned with Lince Dorado motionless in the center of the ring. Metalik pulls himself up slowly as Vickie Guerrero yells at him to end this match. That’s what Metalik is going to do. He climbs to the top, walking along the top rope like a tightrope, and he connects with that signature elbow drop! The cover… 1… 2… Dorado kicks out in the very last second.

This match has been non-stop since the get-go and it’s not slowing down now. Metalik helps Lince Dorado to his feet only to connect with a huge chop to the heart. Then, he throws Dorado off the ropes but he springboards back onto Metalik! He falls back for the Reverse Frankensteiner, but Metalik holds onto the feet for Dorado to be hanging behind him. An audible “Ooh” from the crowd as Metalik now bends over to throw Dorado forward back into the ropes with his neck hitting against the top. Dorado staggers back straight into a Superkick! Before he can fall back, Metalik grabs him and lifts him onto his shoulders… Metalik Driver! The cover from Gran Metalik… 1… 2… 3!

Spoiler:

Winner @ 9:50: Gran Metalik

An incredibly close and fast-paced contest has officially ended here as Gran Metalik has been declared the winner. As his hand is raised, Vickie Guerrero enters telling the referee to get out of Metalik’s ring. She happily holds up the hand of her client while Lince Dorado rolls out of the ring. While he may have been an unsuccessful challenger for the WWE Cruiserweight Championship, he has proven that he is still a main force in this division.

“Welcome To The Queendom”
    Stephanie McMahon

Later in the kickoff show, Stephanie McMahon is in the ring with regards to her huge 205 Live announcement.

RAW Commissioner
    Stephanie McMahon:

Ladies and gentleman, on Tuesday, November 29th, 2017, the cruiserweights will continue to expand on their own one hour show: 205 Live. An action-packed show full of the best cruiserweights that are right here from Monday Night Raw! Running a three hour show is no easy task for both Mick Foley and I, which is why we are pleased to announce we have hired a man overlook 205 Live. A man who will report to both Mick Foley and I with his weekly plans for the show, and work with us to continue the expansion of the division. Please welcome…The Greatest Wrestler, Commentator, and now official Authority of 205 Live Austin Aries!

“Ambition and Vision”
    Austin Aries

From the back - after commentating for the Gran Metalik versus Lince Dorado contest - is Austin Aries. With his usual smug look of course. This time a bit earned as he is an official authority figure under Stephanie McMahon and Mick Foley. Aries enters the ring and is given the microphone from Stephanie McMahon.

The Greatest Man That Has Ever Lived
    Austin Aries:

One month ago, I announced myself as the greatest commentator that has ever lived. Today, I am the greatest authority that has ever lived. These cruiserweights - and I - have the most entertaining part of every show on WWE since they - and I - arrived. The crowd is always on their feet when they know that guys like Gran Metalik, Cedric Alexander, TJ Perkins, The Brian Kendrick, Neville, and I are making their way down to this ring. Now I’m going to elevate it. I’m going to take those amazing wrestlers in the back - including myself - and put them in a position to be greater than they already are. Not the greatest because we know that the greatest man is Austin Aries. And the greatest show will be Monday Night Raw all thanks to 205 Live.

“Fight of the Valkyries”

Hold on just one second! Austin Aries has just been announced as the official Authority of 205 Live, but someone unexpectedly has something to say about this.

Daniel Bryan

To a huge reaction from the Survivor Series crowd, Smackdown General Manager Daniel Bryan makes his way to stage. He leads a “YES!” Chant with the WWE Universe as Stephanie McMahon and Austin Aries aren’t looking the most thrilled. The arena is filled with those apart of Daniel’s fan base chanting along with him. Once he lifts the microphone, the crowd slowly quiets down to speak.

Smackdown Live General Manager
    Daniel Bryan:

My intentions were not to come out here and overshadow your big announcement, but it was pretty great to do.

Daniel laughs with the “YES!” Chants quickly blaring out from the crowd once again.

Austin Aries:
    Daniel, this is our big moment. This is my big moment. I’m going to expand the Cruiserweight division beyond belief. I’m out here giving my first address to the WWE Universe, and you’re interrupting me?

Daniel Bryan:
    This actually has to do with the Cruiserweight division... Every match here later tonight features both Raw and Smackdown superstars… Except for the Cruiserweight Championship Match.

Stephanie McMahon:
    I know those of you on Tuesday nights are a little more incompetent, but cruiserweights are a raw exclusive division. That means they only appear on behalf of Raw. There is no reason for any Smackdown superstar to be joining into our match.

Daniel Bryan:
    Well, what if the cruiserweights belonged to Smackdown Live? The land of opportunity for all of those men from the Cruiserweight Classic and beyond.

Stephanie McMahon:
    Your superstars are nowhere near the level of ours. That will be proven tonight. Sami Zayn will defeat The Miz, the Raw Women will win their match as well as the men and tag teams. The simple fact is Raw is superior to your show, Daniel.

Daniel Bryan:
    If Raw really is better, you’ll have no issue adding one specific man into that Cruiserweight Championship Match tonight. One of the best - if not the best - in the WWE… Kalisto! And if he wins, the championship and division comes to Smackdown Live.

As Stephanie hesitates to answer, Austin Aries speaks out.

Austin Aries:
    You want your show to be embarrassed that much? You got it! That Cruiserweight Champion belongs to us on Monday Night Raw with the best that has ever lived.

A huge announcement from Austin Aries as he is officially allowing Smackdown Live Superstar Kalisto into Cruiserweight Championship tonight! Stephanie McMahon and Austin Aries trade some words in the center of the ring with Aries assuring the division will stay on Raw. Daniel Bryan’s music plays with YES! Chants throughout the arena as the segment ends.

Main Show:

VERSUS VERSUS VERSUS
    Fatal Four Way Match for the WWE Cruiserweight Championship
    If Kalisto Wins, the Cruiserweight Division Will Be Moved to Smackdown Live

Kalisto versus “The Man With A Plan” The Brian Kendrick versus “The Man That Gravity Forgot” Neville versus WWE Cruiserweight Champion TJ Perkins

When the bell rings, The Brian Kendrick rolls out of the ring right away. Kalisto, Neville, and TJ Perkins all turn their attention to him, but he assures them to fight and he’ll be there in just a second. Kendrick takes a seat on the Raw announce table in front of Byron Saxton with Corey Graves thanking him for stopping Saxton’s commentary. Inside of the ring, the three other competitors circle around the ring. One man will step in and the other two will step away. As Neville does so, he turns his attention to TJ Perkins with a straight kick to the gut. Right hands follow that up as he backs TJ Perkins into the corner. Kalisto pulls Neville away from Perkins immediately as he dropkicks Neville. The original sole contender falls to the outside leaving Smackdown Live’s Kalisto and the champion TJ Perkins inside of the ring. The Brian Kendrick has found himself comfortable on the commentary table, and Neville is shaking off the offense from Kalisto.

Kalisto and TJ Perkins circle around the ring as neither man leaves the other's sight. Kalisto extends out his right arm for Perkins, and the champion grabs a hold for a bit of test of strength. It quickly gets interrupted when Neville slides into the ring to throw himself at Kalisto. Neville begins stomping on the masked superstar yelling that he doesn’t belong in the ring with him. That opens an opportunity for Perkins to roll up the contender for an already close two count. The camera cutting to The Brian Kendrick as he almost leaves his spot on the commentary table to break it up. When Neville escapes the cover, Perkins legs wrap around his neck. Neville continues to go a vertical base thus allowing Perkins to connect with the signature headstand headscissors. Neville hit the second turnbuckle head first, and Perkins turns him around to lift him onto his shoulders… Detonation Kick?! No, Neville falls back before the kick can connect. The match was close to ending there as Kalisto comes back into the action as he awaits on the top rope. Neville comes back to his feet with a back kick to the gut of Perkins. Kalisto comes flying from the top with a sunset flip into the pin for a one count after Neville quickly breaks it up.

Perkins rolls into a seated position in the corner as Neville and Kalisto now face off. Arguably the two men who kept the cruiserweight spirit alive when there was no division. Neville throws a right hand at Kalisto, but the former lucha dragon throws back with one of his own. Neville irish whips Kalisto into the ropes, and the masked man comes back with a wheelbarrow bodyscissors into a bulldog. As Neville pops back to sell the hit on his head, Kalisto rolls back to connect with the Listo Kick! Kalisto is looking for a quick cover here, but The Brian Kendrick has entered the scene! Kendrick lifts Kalisto up to throw him like a lawn dart into Perkins who was pulling himself up from the seated position. Kalisto and TJ Perkins both fall to the outside while Kendrick now covers Neville. Unfortunately, it is a one count as The Man That Gravity Forgot has recovered from the kick to the back of the head. Kendrick mounts Neville to begin with some rights to the skull of the England native. With each shot, Michael Cole puts over how it can seriously damage Neville and that the referee would be smart to ensure he is okay. The referee could not do that. The Brian Kendrick continued as he brought Neville to his feet. Kendrick lifts Neville up into a powerslam position, but Neville begins with the elbows towards the upper chest of The Man With A Plan. It forces Kendrick to drop Neville and go on the defense.

Neville begins with the quick kicks to The Brian Kendrick. One strong kick over the left pectoral, a back kick into the chest, and then running off the ropes with a dropkick into the side of Kendrick. That dropkick sends his opponent to the outside. With Neville the only man standing, something big was bound to happen. The crowd slowly rises to their feet as Neville comes running off the ropes, leaping over the top rope, and he falls into Kendrick with a moonsault plancha. Neville quickly returns to his feet, ready to bring Brian back to a vertical base, but Kalisto is waiting on the barricade! He comes running along the wall onto Neville’s shoulders with a hurricanrana! Two high risk maneuvers has their crowd on their feet as Kalisto takes Neville to throw him into the ring. Before Kalisto could enter, TJ Perkins grabbed ahold of him by his ankles. While the luchador continues to try and re-enter, The Brian Kendrick climbs onto the apron beside Neville. He comes into him with a huge jumping knee into the side of Kalisto’s face. As Kalisto falls, Kendrick and Perkins look at each other. Then they look into the ring at Neville. Both men enter the ring as they crawl onto Neville at the same time. John Cone tells them he cannot make the count forcing both men to return to their feet. Kendrick speaks softly to Perkins saying they could be a good pair for each other. He says to let him pin Neville, and they will freebird the championship. Perkins thinks about it for a second, some “NO”s from those in the front row, and he has an answer… But he is taken down from behind! It’s Ariya Davari!

Davari takes down Perkins with a strong lariat to the back of the head. The champion crumbles down, and the two men begin stomping down on Perkins. The Toronto crowd boos Kendrick and Davari as they begin dueling chant for Kalisto and Neville. While those chants fill the arena, Ariya Davari holds TJ up at a vertical base. He then pushes him forward into a big boot from Kendrick. The challenger quickly takes ahold of the champion, bringing him into a bent over position, and Davari comes running to drop back with the double knees into the spine. A maneuver that got him a victory over Cedric Alexander could end it all in this triple threat match. Perkins falls on a prone position, and Kendrick locks on the chokehold… Captain’s Hook! Perkins is searching for the ropes as Ariya yells for him to tapout.. Neville is returning to his feet, and he comes into the Iran superstar with a high dropkick to the chest. He then turns around with a swift kick to the side of Kendrick’s head to break up the Captain’s Hook. Davari goes out through the second rope onto a vertical position on the floor. Instead, Kalisto runs up to steps and leaps halfway across the floor with a huge tornado DDT to Ariya. Inside of the ring, Kendrick has caught Neville with a headbutt as Perkins is back in the corner. Watching his friend get hit with the DDT, Kendrick stands in the center of the ring telling Kalisto to get in the ring. The Lucha Dragon does so with zero issue.

Kendrick comes running with a big boot, but Kalisto rolls out under the boot. Running towards the ropes, Kalisto springboards back once again into a wheelbarrow position. Kendrick keeps ahold of him not allowing the transition into a bulldog. As Kalisto is held up by his arms, Neville is lurking on the middle rope in the corner. Kendrick turns towards The Man That Gravity Forgot, and Neville jumps to the top then somersaults into a dropkick to the chest of Kendrick. He narrowly avoids Kalisto as it causes Kendrick to drop the former lucha dragon. Neville is quick to go on the offense against the man who took out Ariya Davari. Neville takes Kalisto from his prone position, but the moment Kalisto is at a vertical base he grabs ahold of Neville’s hair. He runs up the nearby corner into the Salida Del Sol! Kalisto sits out and hooks the legs of Neville… 1… 2… TJ Perkins breaks up the pin! The current Cruiserweight Champion dropkicks the side of Kalisto’s to send him away and break up the cover. The champion takes Neville to bring him to his feet and onto his shoulders. Detonation Kick to Neville! Before Perkins can go for the cover, The Brian Kendrick pulls him away from Neville. Kendrick throws TJ into the steel post shoulder first, pulls him away from the corner, and then throws him back once more. Perkins falls to the outside, and Brian Kendrick turns around to Kalisto waiting for him on the apron. The Smackdown Live superstar uses the top rope as a springboard to connect with a crossbody. Kendrick goes to the outside as it once again only leaves Neville and Kalisto inside of the ring. Kalisto takes ahold of the still dazed brit, his back towards him, and he calls for the Salida Del Sol once more… But Neville grabs ahold of his waist, and he turns it into a german suplex! Rather than bridging, Neville sees that no one else is prepared to re-enter the match. Neville climbs to the top rope, going to a vertical base, and he connects with the awe-inspiring Red Arrow. It proves that gravity has truly forgotten him as he hooks both legs of Kalisto… TJ Perkins slowly bringing himself up on the outside while the referee counts… 1… 2… 3! Perkins hand reaches in the touches the ankle of Neville just as the referee calls for the bell! We have a brand new champion!

Spoiler:

Winner and NEW WWE Cruiserweight Champion @ 13:02: Neville

After weeks of calling himself the next king, it all comes true for Neville. John Cone hands Neville his championship, but the star snatches it away from Cone. He makes it known to the official even that this is his championship. Neville holds up the purple strap - making sure to show it off to TJ Perkins, The Brian Kendrick, and Ariya Davari as they are all on the outside. The segment ends with Neville yelling it was his championship now as he is the King of the Cruiserweights.

What Else Took Place On This Night
    ** Introducing this at the end of each pay-per-view and Raw of actual results from each show outside of the re-booked cruiserweight division **

Kane defeated Luke Harper in a Kickoff Match
    Raw Women defeated Smackdown Women
    The Miz retained the WWE Intercontinental Championship over Sami Zayn
    Raw Tag Teams defeated Smackdown Tag Teams
    Smackdown Men defeated Raw Men
    Goldberg defeated Brock Lesnar

Backyarder

Status

Hello! After falling short multiple times to TJP and failing to capture the Cruiserweight Championship this was a nice bounce back win for Gran Metalik. Great match description as always.

I do like the idea of Aries as the Authority figure of 205 Live for now. I do hope he eventually goes back to in-ring competition. It was a nice addition to add a little spice to the match and have Kalisto in the match to go along with the rest of the theme of the event. Again well written, good to see Davari get involved. Thought heading in Kendrick would be the winner so it's slightly disappointing to see him lose. Smart having Kalisto take the pin-fall as opposed to the Raw superstars. Neville is a great choice going forward and TJP didn't look to bad in losing. They could have a nice program along with Kendrick. As I said previously besides TJP, faces seem to lack in this thread so far, so hopefully after TJP's rematch, you can build some other guys up.

Overall: Good show overall. Interested by Aries being the Authority figure moving forward. I can see him clashing with Mick and possibly Steph, which can be an added boost going forward. Good job, I'll be reading.

-ICONIC-

Status

Survivor Series Review:

Wild opening contest. You really gave both men room to shine in this one. Glad Metalik got the win and damn it was a hard earned one. You wrote this match really well, displaying both men's offense superbly. Also was very pleased to see that Vickie didnt get involved and Metalik won on his own.

As far as the announcement goes, Aries just started doing commentary and hasnt been in WWE that long. Would have preferred to see him shine in the division, and maybe a legend cruiserweight come back to take over. He will make for a good authority figure though. I dig the addition to the title match. It makes sense that its been Raw vs. Smackdown at Survivor Series and it adds even more into this match. With that, I still hope Kendrick wins.

Phenomenal championship match. Loved Kendrick chilling at commentary. Everybody got their moment. I see Kalisto was brought in to take the fall so that the other 2 that didnt win, are still protected. While i would have liked Neville to get the win over the champ, I imagine a rematch clause will come up soon. My number two choice to win was Neville so I am pretty happy with this outcome. Again, another beautifully written match.

A well done PPV worthy card, very enjoyable read and I am looking forward to your upcoming shows now that The King Of Cruiserweights is Champion.

Charismatic Enigma

Status

Quote Originally Posted by RatedR31 View Post
    Hello! After falling short multiple times to TJP and failing to capture the Cruiserweight Championship this was a nice bounce back win for Gran Metalik. Great match description as always.

I do like the idea of Aries as the Authority figure of 205 Live for now. I do hope he eventually goes back to in-ring competition. It was a nice addition to add a little spice to the match and have Kalisto in the match to go along with the rest of the theme of the event. Again well written, good to see Davari get involved. Thought heading in Kendrick would be the winner so it's slightly disappointing to see him lose. Smart having Kalisto take the pin-fall as opposed to the Raw superstars. Neville is a great choice going forward and TJP didn't look to bad in losing. They could have a nice program along with Kendrick. As I said previously besides TJP, faces seem to lack in this thread so far, so hopefully after TJP's rematch, you can build some other guys up.

Overall: Good show overall. Interested by Aries being the Authority figure moving forward. I can see him clashing with Mick and possibly Steph, which can be an added boost going forward. Good job, I'll be reading.
    With Neville winning the championship, and there being zero rematch clauses in the cruiserweight division, you should see some shifts when it comes to the faces of the division.

I'm glad the Kalisto decision went over well. The Brian Kendrick was my original plan to take the pin, but I couldn't bring myself to believe it was a good idea to have him take the loss. With Survivor Series being Smackdown versus Raw, I made a decision to bring in Kalisto. I think he added some nice star power to the match as well!

Quote Originally Posted by BXSTXRD View Post
    Survivor Series Review:

Wild opening contest. You really gave both men room to shine in this one. Glad Metalik got the win and damn it was a hard earned one. You wrote this match really well, displaying both men's offense superbly. Also was very pleased to see that Vickie didnt get involved and Metalik won on his own.

As far as the announcement goes, Aries just started doing commentary and hasnt been in WWE that long. Would have preferred to see him shine in the division, and maybe a legend cruiserweight come back to take over. He will make for a good authority figure though. I dig the addition to the title match. It makes sense that its been Raw vs. Smackdown at Survivor Series and it adds even more into this match. With that, I still hope Kendrick wins.

Phenomenal championship match. Loved Kendrick chilling at commentary. Everybody got their moment. I see Kalisto was brought in to take the fall so that the other 2 that didnt win, are still protected. While i would have liked Neville to get the win over the champ, I imagine a rematch clause will come up soon. My number two choice to win was Neville so I am pretty happy with this outcome. Again, another beautifully written match.

A well done PPV worthy card, very enjoyable read and I am looking forward to your upcoming shows now that The King Of Cruiserweights is Champion.
    When I was writing Metalik and Dorado, I tried to keep it more true to the Cruiserweight style of high-flying and quick action. I've realized that a lot of my writing is based on the technical movesets rather than what will really get the people behind the division. Expect more matches like this sooner or later.

Austin Aries as the authority figure - which will be revealed in a future news article - is being used to further introduce the crowd to him. I feel he's probably the most charismatic in the division currently, so having him cut promos to dig deeper into the character before he actually starts to wrestle will be a fun task for me to handle.

Monday Night Raw
    November 21st, 2016

The King's Coronation

“Break Orbit” (Remix)
    WWE Cruiserweight Champion
    Neville

One night after his championship win, Neville makes his way down to the ring with the same emotion as usual. Zero. He holds up the championship while making his way into the squared circle. He receives a microphone from a ringside crew member as he has something on his mind.

WWE Cruiserweight Champion
    Neville:

The day I joined this division, I made it known I was coming for this championship. I said that I would rule over this division because the fact is there was nobody better than me. I gave my story as to why I was left out the Cruiserweight Classic. Not one person believed it was because I am better than every man apart of the tournament. Last night, I proved that. The Brian Kendrick and TJ Perkins are both men from that poor excuse of a tournament, and I showed that it was nothing more than a reason to get you stupid people to give them your money. If I was in that tournament… I’d defeat everyone in my bracket and the other. That’s just what a king does.

The crowd begins to boo Neville. His cockiness a minor part of it as they are more upset with how their intelligence is disrespected by the leader of the division now.

Neville:
    I forgot, none of you like hearing the truth. The truth is none of this will ever matter unless I am here. Not one person purchased tickets to see Goldberg stomp down to the ring and pummel Brock Lesnar. Not one person purchased tickets to see a bunch of tag team matches - a tradition that should have ended after the first year. Every single one of you idiots purchased tickets because you knew Neville was going to ascend to his throne of every other pure excuse of a wrestler in this division. That’s just what a king does.

The crowd responds to the words of Neville with some louder boos as more of the WWE Universe join in. Neville seems to be thriving in this situation of hatred as he stands tall in the ring with the WWE Cruiserweight Championship over his shoulder.

Neville:
    Tonight… Lince Dorado, Gran Metalik, Ariya Davari, and TJ Perkins all vye for the opportunity to challenge for my championship. No matter who wins, they know one thing… Once I beat them, it’s to the back of the line for them. Everybody knows all I do is win… because… that’s just what… a king… does.

Neville drops the microphone then proudly holds up the championship in his right hand. He is making it apparent that no matter who steps in his way that he plans on winning no matter what.

VERSUS
    Singles Match
    Drew Gulak with Tony Nese versus Rich Swann

This match was put together after a backstage interaction between Drew Gulak and Rich Swann. Swann was showing off his dance moves to a lovely blonde backstage when Gulak interrupted him. Gulak made it obvious that he was a real man and doesn’t need any of these extravagant moves and a fake personality to be the champion. He just wrestles. It lead to Rich Swann challenging Gulak to a match, which Mick Foley officially put together. Of course, Tony Nese and Drew Gulak have developed a nice friendship, so it no surprise that The Premier Athlete is out here tonight. Gulak starts off the contest with trying to start a “You can’t wrestle!” chant directed to Swann. Instead, the WWE Universe chanted “Gulak can’t wrestle!” Much to the chagrin of Drew, he locks up with Swann. A normal collar and elbow into a side headlock that Swann easily slipped out of. The same sequence followed that with Swann once again slipping away. Swann did a bit of a dance to hype up the fans, but it only bothered Gulak and resulted in him in being taken down with a clothesline. Followed by being stomped on long enough for the official to pull him away and give him a warning. With the referee’s back to Swann, Nese would pull the fun-loving superstar closer towards the corner and slam his right arm into the LED post. That brought tons of heat onto Nese as expected, and it gave Gulak a body part to target throughout this contest. Gulak went to the armbar and drags as his main offensive maneuver. He brought in some scoop slams and suplexes just to add more damage on Swann, but he was sure to bring the right arm behind the back each time. While Gulak had another armbar on Swann, he rallied the crowd behind him as he hit his foot against the mat. With the crowds support, Swann escaped by rolling on top of Gulak for a quick two count. Both men returned to their feet, Swann suddenly connected with a Spin Kick - that he calls The Swann Song - to pop the crowd and get a surprising victory with minimal offense.

Spoiler:

Winner: Rich Swann

Gulak seems to be completely knocked out as the referee is checking on him. As the bell rings, Swann rolls out of the ring while Nese rushes in. Nese tells Rich to get back in the ring and face him, but the Baltimore native just dances his way up the ramp as the segment ends.

Backstage…

Later on in the evening, Ariya Davari is shown sitting backstage taping his wrists for his match later tonight. The Brian Kendrick then enters the scene.

The Man With A Plan
    The Brian Kendrick:

I told you we could run this division, and we have that opportunity again tonight. All you need to do is defeat three other “men”, and you can easily break Neville apart in a match with him. I know our plan didn’t work so well last night, but I always have another one.

Ariya Davari:
    Let me hear it.

The Brian Kendrick:
    I’ll let you go out there alone. Feel out the competition with Perkins, Dorado, and Metalik. I guarantee there will be none though. When the time is right, you take a big hit. That Detonation Kick, the Metalik Driver. It doesn’t matter what it is. Put yourself in a moment of weakness. The moment the pin is broken, leave the ring and hide under it. Then, with this…

Kendrick hands Davari a Walkie Talkie as he holds the other one.

The Brian Kendrick:
    I’ll tell you exactly when to re-enter the ring and win the fatal four way match.

Ariya Davari:
    Then, I will finally be recognized as the paramount of the cruiserweight division.

The Brian Kendrick:
    And we will run this division whether management like it or not.

Concluding the sentence, Kendrick turns around to leave Davari to prepare for his huge opportunity later tonight. He instead turns around to his new boss - Austin Aries. Dressed in a full suit with sunglasses and a nice big smile.

The Greatest Man That Ever Lived
    Austin Aries:

Sorry, I was just walking by and happened to overhear a bit of the conversation. Still an issue with management? Brian, I’m management now and any issue you have can be taken up with me personally.

The Brian Kendrick:
    Oh no. No, no, no. I was saying you will love to see Ariya Davari on top of the division with me by his side. My days of name-dropping those higher than us are past me.

Austin Aries:
    Is that the case? Well, I’ll let you know that trying to cause a set up in a high profile match is not something I’ll stand for - especially on my first night. I did not like that Ariya showed up during the Cruiserweight Championship match last night, and I heard everything you say regarding that walkie talkie. Hand it over.

Ariya Davari:
    You cannot do that! We’re doing nothing besides Brian giving me some adv--

Austin Aries:
    I don’t want to hear any of this. I have a meeting with Stephanie and Mick in a few minutes, and I will not be late.

Davari is about to speak again, but Kendrick instead hands over his walkie talkie with a bow to the boss.

The Brian Kendrick:
    Here you go, “boss.”

Kendrick then walks past Aries, but not without bumping into him purposefully as he exits. Aries slightly laughs before looking at the seated Davari.

Austin Aries:
    You better get his attitude under control before it costs you the big one.

VERSUS VERSUS VERSUS
    #1 Contenders Fatal Four Way Match
    TJ Perkins versus “The Self-Proclaimed Paramount” Ariya Davari versus “The Puerto Rican Sensation” Lince Dorado versus “El Rey de las Cuerdas” Gran Metalik with Vickie Guerrero

This match was heavily debated upon between Stephanie McMahon, Mick Foley, and Austin Aries. They were able to come up a final decision, which Corey Graves ran down an exact reason. Perkins is a former WWE Cruiserweight Champion, Gran Metalik earned his way following a defeat over Lince Dorado, and Davari and Lorado are both here for impressing their bosses these past few weeks. The two rivals Lince Dorado and Gran Metalik start off this contest in the center of the ring leaving Perkins and Davari to just watch. The short brawl ended with Dvari interrupting with a double running dropkick to take down both men. As he went on the offense versus Metalik, it left Perkins to face off against Lince Dorado. In each of these stand-offs, there was an even amount of offense from all the men. The match was close to ending at one point after Dorado connected with a sunset flip to Perkins. Davari then broke it up by sliding into the face of Lince with two knees. Rather than going for a pinfall, he began a small alliance with Gran Metalik. The two men took Lince, and slid him across the ring to go under the bottom rope to the outside. Then the focus was on TJ Perkins. Metalik would connect with an open hand chop to the former champion, and Davari would then knee him in his gut. These combination of strikes continued until they agreed to bring in a tag team maneuver. Metalik went on all fours as Davari came running from the opposite corner, and they connected with some Poetry in Motion as Davari kneed Perkins in the face. As the filipino fell to the mat, Metalik went for the pinfall. The referee got the one count before Ariya pulled him off saying he should be the winner, and Gran Metalik has failed with all the chances he has had. The alliance would become short-lived as El Rey de las Cuerdas and The Self-Proclaimed Paramount went to blows. A chop from the masked men, a knee by the Persian superstar. This continues for a short period of time when Lince Dorado springboarded back to the ring with a crossbody to both men. Metalik rolled out of the ring leaving it between Dorado and Davari. Dorado brings his speed versus Davari who seemed to be unable to keep up with the masked man. Dorado had the crowd on their feet as he continously ran up the ropes and turnbuckles for his aerial assault. After a superkick, Dorado would hit a beautiful Shooting Star Press on Davari. He would be pulled out of the ring before he could cover Davari by TJ Perkins. Perkins and Dorado dueled on the outside of the ring while the camera showed Davari rolling out of the ring to pull himself closer to the apron. While Perkins and Dorado trade right hands, Gran Metalik dives onto both men with his Tope con Giro. It got a pop from the crowd while all three men were laid out. It took some time for the men to return to their feet and enter the ring, but when they did it brought us to the end of the match. Metalik rotated between Dorado and Perkins with open-hand chops that were turning each man’s chest red. Perkins would counter one with a right hand, Metalik would connect with a right hand, and then both men would superkick El Rey de las Cuerdas. It left us to just Lince Dorado and TJ Perkins. Lince went for another superkick, but Perkins caught him. He spun the masked man only to eat a kick to the back of the head when he returned. As Perkins fell into the corner, Davari suddenly returned to the ring! He takes Dorado from behind with the devastating double knee backstabber to Lince. Before Ariya can go for the pinfall, Perkins comes behind him to take him down with both legs to lock on the TJP Clutch! Davari reaches for the ropes, but has no choice but to tap out!

Spoiler:

Winner: TJ Perkins

As Perkins is announced the winner, he quickly finds the nearest camera man. He looks into the lens announcing that he is not waiting until Roadblock: End of the Line to get his championship rematch. He promises he is going to defeat Neville for his championship as the segment ends.

Roadblock: End of the Line
    December 18th, 2016

No matches have been confirmed concerning the Cruiserweight Division.

What Else Happened On This Night:

Goldberg announced himself for the 2017 Royal Rumble
    The New Day retained the Tag Team Championships over Cesaro & Sheamus
    The Rusev/Enzo & Cass feud began
    The Sami Zayn/Braun Strowman feud began
    Sasha Banks & Bayley defeated Charlotte Flair & NIa Jax
    Kevin Owens retained the Universal Championship over Seth Rollins

The Boneless

Status

Alright!! Catch up time. Sorry this took longer than I planned, been hella busy all week.

Nov. 7

With both men coming off a loss, they both needed a win. Even though I think Alexander is currently one of the best in the 205 division it is cool that you are starting to build up Daivari.
    A very well written match and I don't think it hurt either of them, as both were showcased well, hoping Alexander makes a comeback in the future.

...Kendrick building alliances? I dig it.

Kendrick needed the win, and it doesn't bother me that it came by a rollup. Great match, it is interesting that Neville would want another person in the championship match as he essentially handed the win to Kendrick.

Nov. 14

Typical hype promo for the title match. Good stuff, weird that Perkins didn't show up after that week.

Metalik continues to look dominant, taking out a fellow Luchador. Looking forward to the match at Survivor Series.

Good win for Perkins, suck that Daivari took an L the week after getting back on track.

Matches were all well written, just seemed off to me that Perkins didn't come out during the opening segment or have any real interaction with his opponents at Survivor Series with this being the final show before the event.

Survivor Series

Damn, this match was great. Metalik and Dorado going all out. Glad to see Metalik pick up a big win and hopefully get back on the road to the Cruiserweight Championship.

Aries as the "Authority Figure" of 205 Live will be interesting, hope this doesn't mean that he won't be making an in ring return. Good reasoning for Kalisto to be added to the match. Looking forward to it.

Went all out for this event and it really showed. The four way was awesome and showed everyone's ability in the ring. Daivari attacking Perkins was great, didn't see it coming at all. NEVILLE!!! THE KING HAS ARRIVED!! Glad he picked up the win, sucks that Kalisto took the fall, but that means Perkins will have more ammo for his rematch!!

Nov 21

Glad to see Neville get time to celebrate his win. Weird that Perkins has to earn a rematch, he was the winner of the first classic, and didn't even "lose" the match.

Good win for Swann, glad to see Nese making an appearance, love that guy.

Hilarious plan by Kendrick. Seems like he was just setting up Daivari to fail and that would have been hilarious to see.

So, Perkins doesn't get a rematch, just to win a rematch. Seems odd but I am excited to see him one on one with Neville.

Man, I'm sorry I fell behind but this catch up was fun as hell. The writing is on point as always. Survivor Series was phenomenal. Looking forward to seeing where things will go once 205 Live kicks in as the whole division will get a chance to shine on a weekly basis (will you be doing 205 Live as well as the Raw segments?) and more rivalries get to be showcased. Keep up the great work man, your writing is always enjoyable to read and I am definitely going to be staying up to date from now on.

Last edited by ranthellacious; 10-30-2017 at 01:40 PM.

Charismatic Enigma

Status

Quote Originally Posted by ranthellacious View Post

Nov 21

So, Perkins doesn't get a rematch, just to win a rematch. Seems odd but I am excited to see him one on one with Neville.

Man, I'm sorry I fell behind but this catch up was fun as hell. The writing is on point as always. Survivor Series was phenomenal. Looking forward to seeing where things will go once 205 Live kicks in as the whole division will get a chance to shine on a weekly basis (will you be doing 205 Live as well as the Raw segments?) and more rivalries get to be showcased. Keep up the great work man, your writing is always enjoyable to read and I am definitely going to be staying up to date from now on.

Thanks for the reviews, ranthellacious! Perkins not getting an immediate rematch was a rule that I mentioned at the end of the 205 Live news. I always felt that rematch clauses handcuffed WWE to storylines, so I decided to end it within the division.

Cruiserweights will be written for Raw as well as 205 Live. Thanks again, man.

Monday Night Raw
    November 28th, 2016

Backstage…

In the first segment of the night, we go backstage to Charly Caruso. She is standing outside the office of Stephanie McMahon and Mick Foley.

Backstage Interviewer
    Charly Caruso:

Just moments ago, I saw former WWE Cruiserweight Champion TJ Perkins enter a meeting with RAW Commissioner Stephanie McMahon, RAW General Manager Mick Foley, and 205 Live Authority Austin Aries. I am hoping to get a word with him.

As Charly is about to knock on the door, TJ Perkins opens it. He seems to have received some good news as he is welcoming to seeing the interviewer.

TJ Perkins:
    Oh, hey there, Charly! How can I help ‘ya?

Charly Caruso:
    TJ, can you tell us what exactly happened inside in there?

TJ Perkins:
    Well, Roadblock: End of the Line is still three weeks away. And I am not waiting three weeks. Austin Aries has granted me my championship match with Neville tomorrow night on the premiere of 205 Live.
    Neville, that championship is coming back home tomorrow.

Perkins then walks off in this short impromptu interview with Caruso.

Charly Caruso:
    Thank you, TJ.

VERSUS
    Singles Match
    “The Man With A Plan” The Brian Kendrick with Ariya Davari versus Rich Swann

Continuing on with their newfound alliance, Ariya Davari is here tonight to be ringside for Brian Kendrick. Rich Swann came out to a pop from the crowd as members of the WWE Universe singing to his entrance music. Of course, this stems off his one kick victory over Drew Gulak. Brian wasn’t too fond of the WWE Universe’s actions yelling to them that they should be singing along to his music. Playing to the crowd as the bell rang was not the best idea by The Man With A Plan. Rich Swann awaited him to finish his ranting, and he wen for The Swann Song except Kendrick moved away. Almost seeing this match end in less than a minute, Brian Kendrick put his focus back on Swann. The dancing superstar happily taunts Kendrick with his moves, and it seems Kendrick will now go along with Swann. He copies each move done by Rich, spins around in a circle, and then comes into Rich with a knee to the gut. Getting some heat from the crowd, Brian builds on it by taking Rich and throwing him shoulder first into the steel LED pole. That quick moment put Kendrick in control over his opponent. The Man With A Plan does not focus on the shoulder, but rather than keeping Rich grounded for as long as possible. For most of the match it works, but Rich Swann kicks away Kendrick for a moment of relief. Swann’s momentum continues on when he returns to his feet with a running calf kick to Kendrick. He chose not to keep the match on the mat. He hit some big maneuvers whenever Brian returned to his feet with the hopes that it would end the contest. Swann connects with his signature Standing Shooting-Swann Press. As he splashed onto Kendrick, he hooked both legs for the two count. After the kick out is when Swann realized he needed to hit The Swann Song one more time. As he waited for Kendrick to make his way to his feet, and the crowd making their way to their feet, Ariya Davari goes onto the apron yelling at Rich Swann. Swann goes to take him down, Davari steps down, and Kendrick comes from behind to roll him over his back and lock in the Captain’s Hook! Swann is in the center of the ring with no choice but to tap out.

Spoiler:

Winner: The Brian Kendrick

As the bell rings, Brian releases the hold to kick Rich Swann out of the ring. Kendrick’s hand is raised by Ariya Davari as the segment ends.

An Equal Opportunity Employer

Kicking off the third hour of Raw, the official Authority of 205 Live Austin Aries is in the ring. According to Byron Saxton, he has an announcement regarding the first edition of 205 Live tomorrow night.

The Greatest Man That Has Ever Lived
    Austin Aries:

As you all saw earlier tonight, TJ Perkins made the announcement that he will in fact get his championship match versus Neville tomorrow night. And as you all know - we do not just grant championship matches in the cruiserweight division. It’s something you earn. And it’s something that will be earned once again tomorrow night. Roadblock: End of the Line is three short weeks away, and the Cruiserweight Championship will be defended versus a worthy contender. Tomorrow night - on the first 205 Live - the best of the cruiserweights will participate in a gauntlet match. And the winner will get an opportunity for the championship at Roadblock.

Austin takes a breath allowing Michael Cole to re-iterate the announcement.

Austin Aries:
    And you have no idea who wants that championship…

“Metalico” A sudden interruption as no man wants the WWE Cruiserweight Championship more than Gran Metalik. Metalik and his business manager, Vickie Guerrero, enter onto the RAW stage. Of course, Vickie has something to say.

Vickie Guerrero:
    You know, I’ll admit that I was a bit hurt when Stephanie McMahon announced you would oversee 205 Live. I have so much job experience like how I was the general manager for Raw, Smackdown, and ECW. Or how I have managed so many men into becoming champions. I wouldn’t dwell on it because I know the type of man you are, Austin. You’re the greatest man that ever lived, of course! I’m sure you completely understand that there is also the greatest cruiserweight to live… Gran Metalik! You men, you strong-minded men might I add, need to stick together. You need to help each other to ensure this division doesn’t get into the hands of someone like TJ Perkins again or Lince Dorado. You know that the man who should be at the head of this division as the champion is Gran Metalik.

THe crowd boos at Vickie Guerrero’s idea as Austin speaks up over them.

Austin Aries:
    Settle down, settle down. Vickie is completely wrong. I’m a strong-minded man, and that’s why I was offered this position. I’m not going to waste people’s time tonight, Vickie. Especially yours. Gran Metalik had the opportunity to defeat TJ Perkins three times and failed. He had two number one contender matches to win and he failed. Tomorrow night is up to him whether he can get the job done.

Vickie Guerrero:
    How dare you publicly slander my client? Gran Metalik may have lost to TJ Perkins, but he has proved himself multiple times otherwise. How dare you say he failed ?! As someone of authority, you would not want your talent to fail. And I have a great idea as to how Gran Metalik will not fail tomorrow night. You put Gran Metalik as the last entrant in the gauntlet!

The crowd once again boos as Vickie Guerrero yells at them to shut up while Austin contemplates Guerrero’s idea.

Austin Aries:
    I cannot just hand Gran Metalik an opportunity.

Vickie Guerrero quickly interrupts to try her hand at comedy and get on the good side of the authority figure.

Vickie Guerrero:
    Don’t hand it over then! Throw it, slide it underneath his locker room door!

Austin isn’t impressed as he gives a look to the WWE Universe. Shaking his head, Aries continues on.

Austin Aries:
    Gran Metalik does not deserve the opportunity! He does not deserve the opportunity to be handed to him, thrown to him, or given to him like a middle school love letter. But.. Gran Metalik can earn an opportunity to be the last man to enter just like anyone else can. In fact, Gran Metalik and I will trade places right now because I’m going to the back and the first cruiserweight I see will meet you in this ring next. And the winner will be the last man to enter in tomorrow’s gauntlet.

Aries’ music plays to end the segment as he leaves the ring. While walking up the ramp, Metalik and Guerrero shoot him daggers while he directs them to get to the ring. When we return, Gran Metalik faces off against a mystery opponent!

VERSUS
    Winner Enters Last in Tomorrow’s Gauntlet
    “El Rey de las Cuerdas” Gran Metalik with Vickie Guerrero versus Cedric Alexander

In a quick match, Cedric Alexander was quick to bring the fight against El Rey de las Cuerdas, The men had a quick lock up resulting in Alexander throwing Metalik off the ropes and catching him with a dropkick. The masked man rolled to the outside, but it did not help his case as Cedric Alexander followed closely behind. Cedric Alexander has been looking for an opportunity after being defeated by The Brian Kendrick at Hell in a Cell. He believes he has not been the stand out he was at the Cruiserweight Classic since joining Raw. When they re-enter the ring, Metalik looks for a quick clothesline. Cedric ducks under, handsprings into the ropes, and he comes back with that devastating 540 Kick. Gran Metalik stays on his feet dazed from the kick, and Cedric lifts him up to connect with the Lumbar Check for a definitve victory.

Spoiler:

Winner: Cedric Alexander

As Cedric’s hand is raised, we cut to Vickie Guerrero outside of the ring who is furious with the result. Her idea has just put Cedric Alexander in a position to win tomorrow’s gauntlet as her client has minimal momentum. The segment ends as Alexander stands on the middle rope signaling the championship will be his with the shrill yelling of Vickie filling the arena.

Roadblock: End of the Line
    December 18th, 2016

WWE Cruiserweight Championship Match
    The winner of the 205 Live Gauntlet Match versus Neville or TJ Perkins

What Else Happened On This Night:

Kevin Owens and Roman Reigns announced for Roadblock: End of the Line
    Braun Strowman defeated R-Truth then attacked Goldust and Sami Zayn who tried to save The Golden Truth
    Brock Lesnar is announced for the 2017 Royal Rumble
    The New Day retain the RAW Tag Team Championships over Luke Gallows & Karl Anderson
    Sasha Banks defeated Charlotte for the RAW Womens Championship in a Falls Count Anywhere Match

Thread Information