Thread: *Not a joke* Snoop Dogg to commentate for new UFC series

Status
      Country                    Jamaica

*Not a joke* Snoop Dogg to commentate for new UFC series

UFC has signed a unique play-by-play commentator for the launch of its new, live fight series set to debut next month: entertainment icon Snoop Dogg.

The show, "Dana White's Tuesday Night Contender Series," debuts July 11 and will air on UFC's internet subscription service Fight Pass. It will consist of five live fights every Tuesday in Las Vegas, featuring talent that is not yet signed to the company.

A traditional commentary team is expected to be announced shortly, but viewers will also have a secondary audio option titled "SnoopCast," which will feature the hip-hop artist alongside retired fighter Urijah Faber. The pair will provide commentary from on-site.

"I'm a big fan of UFC and [am] looking forward to joining the team to bring my unique take on all the action," Snoop Dogg said. "Y'all in for a brand-new experience with Dogg on the mic."

UFC senior vice president of international content Joe Carr likened the concept to multiple broadcasts of a sporting event, with viewers choosing an experience based on allegiance.

"You're starting to see it across sports," Carr said. "If you watched March Madness coverage, once you get toward the Final Four, there are unique feeds, whether it's a Duke channel or a Kentucky channel. I think people are starting to cater to different fan segments.

"It's also an opportunity to broaden our appeal, broaden our fan base. Snoop is an entertainment icon. He might bring a totally different demographic in for us."

Viewers will also have the option of watching Snoop Dogg and Faber during the live call.

"Snoop and I have wanted to do something together for a long time," UFC president Dana White said. "He's a huge fight fan and wanted to call fights. This is a fun opportunity for fans to opt into SnoopCast and hear his take along with Urijah Faber on how the fights are going."

The series is currently planned to run for eight weeks, with a strong possibility of future installations.

source: ESPN (Brett Okamoto)

---

Just... fucking what? Definitely going to be watching this.

IMPORTANT MESSAGE

Spoiler:

~~ WE ARE ALL ONE~~
    Spoiler:

I'm your Huckleberry

Status
      Country                    Puerto Rico

Re: *Not a joke* Snoop Dogg to commentate for new UFC series

I've seen Snoop's Cooking Show with Martha Stewart and it's pretty funny, and the drug joke is so lol and geez really Snoop so he'll be a loose cannon get ready people talking at least.

Real Women of Genius
    Ongoing, click the link if you want to take a tour of Women's Wrestling
    HoHo's Excellent Adventure

Let's get the Time Machine and go back in time dudes and dudettes to the classics

On Vacation

Status

I will listen to this show. I don't care about the fighting, I just want to hear Snoop.

Backyarder

Status
      Country                    Cyprus

Quote Originally Posted by The Legend Killer View Post
    I will listen to this show. I don't care about the fighting, I just want to hear Snoop.
    Along with Faber! Its madness!

I'll definitely watch this.

Mankind's Boiler Room

Status

Wheres the gin and juice jokes?

Thread Information