Thread: Impact Buys GFW

People's Champion

Status

Impact Buys GFW

Quote Originally Posted by Global Force Wrestling.com
    IMPACT Wrestling Acquires Global Force Wrestling

IMPACT Wrestling Acquires Global Force Wrestling
    NASHVILLE | TORONTO – Anthem Wrestling Exhibitions LLC, a subsidiary of Anthem Sports & Entertainment Corp.and parent company of IMPACT Wrestling, announced today that it has entered into an agreement to acquire Global Force Entertainment, LLC d/b/a Global Force Wrestling.
    Jeff Jarrett, the founder of both IMPACT Wrestling and Global Force Entertainment, will join Anthem Wrestling Exhibitions as a member of its board of managers, equity owner and Chief Creative Officer.
    “We are thrilled to be joining forces with Anthem as a partner to build the business,” said Karen Jarrett. “This partnership will be complementary of our strengths and bolster our capabilities to grow the IMPACT Wrestling brand. Ed Nordholm as President and Jeff Jarrett as Chief Creative Officer make a great tag team”
    “We are excited by the progress we have made with IMPACT Wrestling since acquiring the business in January,” said Ed Nordholm, president of Anthem Wrestling Exhibitions. “Jeff and his team have been instrumental in this success and we are pleased that we have reached an agreement on the basis of which we can combine our businesses to continue to grow. Slammiversary XV will be a fitting occasion to bring the promotions together and merge the titles under the new IMPACT combined belts. By combining our resources and talent, we can produce the best product for our global audience.”

Suprised this took this long to happen. Thoughts?

Shuyaku

Status
      Country                    Puerto Rico

Re: Impact Buys GFW

Officially they have purchased GFW, but it's felt like that for months now especially when they were setting up feuds and having Impact talent win belts from GFW like Sienna.

Real Women of Genius
    Ongoing, click the link if you want to take a tour of Women's Wrestling
    HoHo's Excellent Adventure

Let's get the Time Machine and go back in time dudes and dudettes to the classics

HOSS MOD

Status

Yeah, this is hardly news. Considering the last few weeks of Impact, this is pretty much what we all knew was going down.

One wonders what the going price for GFW was. My guess? Jeff Jarrett finally got him his ham sandwich.

Status
      Country                    United States

I have GFW on my facebook feed for some reason, anyway every time they post something it gets legit 2 likes, and no comments. I'm guessing buying GFW just means Jeff Jarrett has a secured job.

Johnny Cash Lis'nen

Status
      Country                    us=United States

Literally they didn't buy anything. I bet they didn't pay any money. My bet is that Jeff Jarrett suggested the GFW name because everyone knew they had to rebrand. I bet GFW wasn't even trademarked and Anthem just trademarked it for fifty bucks. Then he publicized it as a "buyout" or "merger" to feed his ego.

Status
      Country                    United States

If you go to their site now the branding is so fucking confusing. They still have impact, but added GFW in some places. It's a cluster.

Johnny Cash Lis'nen

Status
      Country                    us=United States

Yeah I've been checking it it, because I really do think the rebranding is important and I watch he show here and there, but you're right. Also, their site sucks overall. Who did it? I mean you don't even have to be skilled at building sites these days. You can do it all with GoDaddy and their templates, but whatever.

Thread Information