Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: PWG Battle Of Los Angeles 2017

The Bastard of Bolton

Status

Re: PWG Battle Of Los Angeles 2017

While I've never fully understood the hate for Ricochet. Definitely agree that the wrong person won this tournament. Feel it should have been Keith Lee's moment to take the the crown. Other than that no complaints about the tournament. Thrilled Walter, Webster and Banks all got a chance to showcase themselves. Hopefully we see them again soon in a PWG environment.

Status
      Country                    United States

For those curious, PWG earned itself another 5 stars from Big Dave with the Keith Lee vs Donovan Dijak match from Night 3.

For A Better WC

Status
      Country                    England

I can't imagine that match will be a million miles away from how the Evolve match was laid out. Wasn't a big fan, but I can see that being an absolute hit in Reseda.

I guess we'll find out how good the match was in 6 months time.

SIX F'N STARS

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    For those curious, PWG earned itself another 5 stars from Big Dave with the Keith Lee vs Donovan Dijak match from Night 3.
    Wow I have not seen any of the matches but I can already tell that I love this one.

Happy Ricochet won. Other people may be having breakout years but this tournament served to remind people that the King hasn't dropped his crown. What was only recently an S-Class flippy guy with C-rate psychology has become a full-service worker who is ready to take the world by storm (again). Plus he's a protege of the champ so it makes sense on a meta level.

You don't need to win BOLA to put your name on the map. Just being there is enough at this point.

I HAVE STARTED STREAMING MY GAME SESSIONS
    ...COME AND CHECK IT OUT IF YOU'RE BORED,OK?

Scumbag Role Model

Status
    Living in Norfolk, VA. Born in Boston, Mass.

Dude Ricochet's taken "the world by storm" like eight times in the last couple of years and it's fucking boring as shit. Fresher faces don't have to always take the company big event, but it feels less like reminding the crowd that the King won't drop his crown and more like you're constantly reminding us he's here. It's like when the Young Bucks just wouldn't stay the fuck away from the tag belts and teams like Monster Mafia and Lee/Everett couldn't properly get over.

I'm just over Ricochet as a main contributor, especially in Reseda. Let move on. And yes, him versus Taylor makes sense but it's not a match I'm too keen on seeing in 2017 and I don't have faith in Ricochet keeping up the good work that Sabre and Marty did in making Chuck look like a main event guy in Reseda.

Dijak/Lee getting five stars from Dave doesn't sound shocking because I imagine it's the first time he's ever seen that match in any regard and if you listened to his BOLA recap he's fucking in heaven about the entire weekend. I believe he said BOLA was more better than the G1 too so keep that in mind six months from now as well. I bet you it's still a good match and regardless of your thoughts on Big Dave, Lee, and Dijak, that's a really good accomplishment to have for Lee and Dijak.
    -------
    [07:37 PM] Shake: I am obsessed with Nicky its true
    -------
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiZ-R View Post
    What the fuck is happening to you guys? I once got a blowjob where she used her teeth a little bit too much and I ended up with a bloody dick, I still enjoyed the blowjob up to the point I started bleeding. I can honestly say that I have never had anything I would call a bad blowjob, that wasn't a great experience but up until I started gushing blood I was having a great time!

Status

What is this 6 months nonsense? PWG has been great in recent years at releasing shows about a month after they took place. Way better than what they used to be when I was following them.

For A Better WC

Status

What is this 6 months nonsense? PWG has been great in recent years at releasing shows about a month after they took place. Way better than what they used to be when I was following them.
    idk Jim. I still can't buy a VOD of Pushin Forward Back from July 7th. Highspots network is even worse, they don't even have BOLA 2016 available to stream on there. I know you can get them earlier if you buy the DVD, but it's 2017, who wants DVDs of wrestling shows anymore.

6 months is an exaggeration, but my point is it takes them too long to release the footage and I do think they lose potential customers by not taking advantage of the buzz these weekends have quickly. I want to watch BOLA today, October/November something else might be tickling my fancy. You might think it's impressive that PWG are reliable in releasing shows a month after they happen, but to people who watch and buy for other current indy wrestling it's about 3 weeks longer than anyone else takes and it's hard to support that.

WC Hall Of Famer

Status

When Chikara has had next day turn around for big shows prior to their own streaming service, PWG is a relic.

Spoiler:

I solemnly swear I am up to no good

Quote Originally Posted by Steve
    I stopped reading when it became clear it was the same butthurt smarkf*g "real wrasslin'" crybaby rant on every youtube vid featuring Cena.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff Bagwell on John Cena
    But I think he's bigger than Buff Bagwell. I really do.
    [02:00 AM] Dakstang : girls ain't dudes

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post
    idk Jim. I still can't buy a VOD of Pushin Forward Back from July 7th. Highspots network is even worse, they don't even have BOLA 2016 available to stream on there. I know you can get them earlier if you buy the DVD, but it's 2017, who wants DVDs of wrestling shows anymore.

6 months is an exaggeration, but my point is it takes them too long to release the footage and I do think they lose potential customers by not taking advantage of the buzz these weekends have quickly. I want to watch BOLA today, October/November something else might be tickling my fancy. You might think it's impressive that PWG are reliable in releasing shows a month after they happen, but to people who watch and buy for other current indy wrestling it's about 3 weeks longer than anyone else takes and it's hard to support that.
    Why not? It's been shipping from PWG's site since August 11th. I did a quick check on Highspots site and it's available to buy there too with the assumption that they've been shipping them out since August 11th too.

*Edit* I just noticed you said VOD. Still, the DVD has been available.

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Dook View Post
    When Chikara has had next day turn around for big shows prior to their own streaming service, PWG is a relic.
    Does CHIKARA still release on DVD5's though?

WC Hall Of Famer

Status

Couldn't say what kind of DVD releases they do these days since everything is going digital.

Spoiler:

I solemnly swear I am up to no good

Quote Originally Posted by Steve
    I stopped reading when it became clear it was the same butthurt smarkf*g "real wrasslin'" crybaby rant on every youtube vid featuring Cena.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff Bagwell on John Cena
    But I think he's bigger than Buff Bagwell. I really do.
    [02:00 AM] Dakstang : girls ain't dudes

For A Better WC

Status

Why not? It's been shipping from PWG's site since August 11th. I did a quick check on Highspots site and it's available to buy there too with the assumption that they've been shipping them out since August 11th too.

*Edit* I just noticed you said VOD. Still, the DVD has been available.
    Reading is your friend

Yes

http://chikarapro.com/merch/discs

Jobber

Status

shitty promotion with shitty tournament

Thread Information